Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212038 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34247: Jan 28, 2018 10:46:08 am
      Not LFCs money, mate. It’s FSGs.
      For what it’s worth,  I suspect that (for example) they’ll have told Jürgen that he’s bought a goalkeeper he wanted for decent money so should either play him or stop asking for funds to buy a better one. 
      Im beginning to believe the anti FSG brigade. No self-respecting top EPL manager would accept our keeper situation would they?!

It is the clubs money, and NOT the owners money, we'll apart from a loan from the owners which is being repaid every year. That is the main difference between us and the super rich clubs where owners are chucking sh*t loads of cash at signings.
      Having said all that Klopp still has enough money to be organising a defence better or spotting that he doesn't have a good enough goalie, midfield or defence. You don't have to spend a fortune to fix these things.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34248: Jan 28, 2018 12:32:22 pm
      We had a bid rejected for Becker by Roma. They will sell for 44m at end of the season.
      RJ1986
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #34249: Jan 28, 2018 12:57:53 pm
      Posted in response to the defeat by WBA on the Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th thread
                                        Thought it was be more suitably posted here

How is it that we have come to this...?? Under Rafa (not my favorite of Manager) we never would have accepted players like Milner

While all your points are valid, i felt its a little harsh on Milner. Agreed that he is at later stages of his prime, but he has been giving everything since day 1.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #34250: Jan 28, 2018 01:49:35 pm
      Posted in response to the defeat by WBA on the Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th thread

How is it that we have come to this...?? Under Rafa (not my favorite of Manager) we never would have accepted players like Milner, Henderson, Migs nor Wijnaldum Or have view these player than anything more than mediocre, Moreno would be little more than a fringe player, and  Alexander would by a reserve (the lad is still young) Had Rafa shipped in these player most would have been gone the following summer and those who would have claimed that they would stay and fight for there place would never have made it any where near the starting 11....

Over the years since Rafa departed, we have started to except the signing of average or mediocre players as the norm with few exception (Suarez) we have sign average players, and when we have spotted real talent we have been so slow committing to buy that player/players (Transfer fee and Wages) we have lost out to our rivals in purchasing those players. Deli Ali to Spur, Salah to Chelsea, Mata to Chelsea, Sanchez to Arsenal, the list goes on...

The owners may have started to loosen the purse strings now, but we have suffered from a chronic lack of under investment in quality players since the departure of Rafa Benitez's stewardship in 2010 and some very below average signing by his replacement Kenny Dalglish, (which I said at the time that he would set us back five years with these signings)... and thus we are playing catch up with our rivals, eight years worth of catch up

To few supporters here would agree with me, but we have started to except average players as good signing, with claims like "we done have billionaire owners" (we do) " FSG are unwilling to pile debt on the club"  very admirably  but we are not looking for runaway debt, but rather a little "sustainable" investment in players instead of the cut price; only spend big if we sell big; investment we get now...

One can argue about the amounts spent on transfer, I believe that it is between £21m and £25M net over the last 7-8 years ( remember that the figures are somewhat Skewered by the sums receive for Suarez,Sterling and Coutinho), had it not been for the monies received for these players the investment would look even more woeful than it does already...

I am not asking for the owners or manager to go out and buy five or six players in the summer, but merely buy one or two quality players per window and invest in the club, and let's stop accepting Mediocrity

Careful what you wish for brethren, I bet your looking back at Rafa's tenure as the golden age compared to what's gone after his sacking..
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #34251: Jan 28, 2018 02:18:18 pm

How is it that we have come to this...?? Under Rafa (not my favorite of Manager) we never would have accepted players like Milner, Henderson, Migs nor Wijnaldum Or have view these player than anything more than mediocre, Moreno would be little more than a fringe player, and  Alexander would by a reserve (the lad is still young) Had Rafa shipped in these player most would have been gone the following summer and those who would have claimed that they would stay and fight for there place would never have made it any where near the starting 11....

Over the years since Rafa departed, we have started to except the signing of average or mediocre players as the norm with few exception (Suarez) we have sign average players, and when we have spotted real talent we have been so slow committing to buy that player/players (Transfer fee and Wages) we have lost out to our rivals in purchasing those players. Deli Ali to Spur, Salah to Chelsea, Mata to Chelsea, Sanchez to Arsenal, the list goes on...

The owners may have started to loosen the purse strings now, but we have suffered from a chronic lack of under investment in quality players since the departure of Rafa Benitez's stewardship in 2010 and some very below average signing by his replacement Kenny Dalglish, (which I said at the time that he would set us back five years with these signings)... and thus we are playing catch up with our rivals, eight years worth of catch up

To few supporters here would agree with me, but we have started to except average players as good signing, with claims like "we done have billionaire owners" (we do) " FSG are unwilling to pile debt on the club"  very admirably  but we are not looking for runaway debt, but rather a little "sustainable" investment in players instead of the cut price; only spend big if we sell big; investment we get now...

One can argue about the amounts spent on transfer, I believe that it is between £21m and £25M net over the last 7-8 years ( remember that the figures are somewhat Skewered by the sums receive for Suarez,Sterling and Coutinho), had it not been for the monies received for these players the investment would look even more woeful than it does already...

I am not asking for the owners or manager to go out and buy five or six players in the summer, but merely buy one or two quality players per window and invest in the club, and let's stop accepting Mediocrity

If Kenny's signings set the club back 5 years, how come we nearly won the league 2 years later? Doesn't sound like a 5 year setback to me.

The fact is Kenny's signings ( and the signings from BR's first year) improved the team. They didn't turn us into world beaters, but they sure as F**k improved us ( a lot ) compared with where we were under Hodgson.

It is what happened in the close season after 13/14,  when Suarez left ( and then Sturridge got crocked), and we fu**ed about with half-baked hope-for-the-best replacements, that set us back a mile and that we are still ( all too slowly) working our way back from.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #34252: Jan 28, 2018 03:08:10 pm
      I know the January window is a sellers market, but in order to stay in the top 4 we need to get ripped off a bit and buy Allison and Mahrez at a bit of higher price. Sometimes the best business u can do is doing business at almost any cost. I know Lemar seems like the sexier buy, but for me it’s Mahrez. Lemar just isn’t ready to come into the PL and be put the under pressure to help a big club hold down a Champions League spot. Mahrez is PL proven and built to attack all game long. Get em done
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34253: Jan 28, 2018 03:16:04 pm
      We had a bid rejected for Becker by Roma. They will sell for 44m at end of the season.
      Did we though? Or is it more PR bullshit?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34254: Jan 28, 2018 03:25:06 pm
      Not sure because it had not been said how much we bid, my guess is we tried to lowball them, just so we could say we made a bid. It is quite coincidence this comes out after the FA Cup loss, my guess is the club are trying to let people know they are aware how sh*te our goalkeepers are. Mignolet is on serious borrowed time now eitherway. It is just depressing that he has not been totally removed from the side, he has no business wearing our shirt on a football pitch anymore.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34255: Jan 28, 2018 06:22:08 pm
      I watched Wigan deconstruct West Ham yesterday and they’ve got two lads who we won’t look at because they’re in Lge 1. Will Griggs is cool as f**k in front of goal and skilful and quick, ...  I will be criticised because neither are ‘world class’ and neither are being touted in the press or sociopath media, and they don’t have names ending in O or I or A and won’t cost gazillions. 

Didn't see the game, but in general, wouldn't mind having a punt on a striker like that, that wouldn't cost gazzilions, wouldn't be first choice, but could possibly take his chance more than Solanke/Ings/Studge (though we seem to be close to moving Studge on after cutting out asking price)
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #34256: Jan 28, 2018 06:55:42 pm
      Didn't see the game, but in general, wouldn't mind having a punt on a striker like that, that wouldn't cost gazzilions, wouldn't be first choice, but could possibly take his chance more than Solanke/Ings/Studge (though we seem to be close to moving Studge on after cutting out asking price)

Well worth watching if you get the chance.  Highlights on MOTD singled out Powell too.  Looks a real talent and just 23 years old.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34257: Jan 28, 2018 07:31:38 pm
      Forget Julian Brandt or Christian Pulisic, go for Leon Bailey. He's the man.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34258: Jan 28, 2018 07:32:38 pm

Yeah, Isn't he more of a striker? Very quick too I believe.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34259: Jan 28, 2018 08:01:22 pm
      Lemar not selected again for Monaco.
      Is he injured or is there any credence to the rumors?
      Thewingmaker44
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #34260: Jan 28, 2018 08:13:36 pm

Not injured!! Take a look at his Insta page he has been training this week.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #34261: Jan 28, 2018 08:24:11 pm
      Not injured!! Take a look at his Insta page he has been training this week.

He is injured Thigh out for next two games
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34262: Jan 28, 2018 08:31:52 pm

Don't do it to yourself mate! It's the hope that kills you.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #34263: Jan 28, 2018 08:33:50 pm
      Don't do it to yourself mate! It's the hope that kills you.
      You are right...ugh....should have learnt my lesson by now.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #34264: Jan 28, 2018 09:59:50 pm

Yeah, mentioned Bailey on here a few weeks ago. Phenomenal young talent. I've been watching him since his days at Racing Genk when he was 17-18. He has improved a lot in terms of workrate and character from what I've heard and seen. He had some issues while at Genk and his father (also still his agent I think) is supposedly an absolute c**t to deal with. Genk wasn't happy with his antics and the way he left.

Genk have an amazing scouting system and youth set up. You'd be surprised which players have been at Genk the past few years that are now at big clubs.

Short list: De Bruyne, Benteke, Courtois, Defour (Burnley), Bailey, Koulibaly (Napoli), Kabasele (Watford), Castagne (Atalanta), Ndidi (Leicester), Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio), ...

All of them have either come through the Genk youth set-up or were brought in at a young age. Could set up quite some team with those players.

Got my eye on one or two other ones there right now Malinovski and Sander Berge (huge talent, a #6/#8)

Yeah, Isn't he more of a striker? Very quick too I believe.

Not a striker at all. He can play both on the left and on the right and is pretty similar to both Mane and Salah in terms of skillset, while also having long range shooting ability (he has a sweeeeet left foot!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShGRd-XPJk

This is him in the Belgian league at the age of 18, he has even improved a lot since going to Leverkusen. The Belgian league obviously isn't the strongest, but to do that at the ago of 18 in a physically pretty tough league, is quite good.

- He is pretty two footed, right or left, no problem
      - Great awareness
      - Can go outside, can cut in
      - Can easily beat a man
      - Great pace
      - Good long range shooting

He would be the perfect stand in for both Mane and Salah. I wouldn't give it a second thought if we were in for him. He'd need to adapt of course, but he is a great player.

If Hirving Lozano keeps developing the way he is at PSV, I'd have both of them here in a heartbeat. We'd be set offensively for years.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018 10:04:11 pm by Danzel »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34265: Jan 28, 2018 10:04:23 pm

Dubious sources
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34266: Jan 28, 2018 11:36:52 pm
      Quote from:  Fabinho
      If a move to a new league or a club with a bigger structure and bigger expectations, I would be interested.

My time with Monaco was good, but I feel my time here is coming to an end. I know that the club's vision is to try to finish second and qualify for the Champions League, without counting on big-name players, but on young players.

I believe I have gone through this process. I arrived as an unknown, I made my name at the club, won things - but maybe I need a new challenge.

Fabinho has said he wants to leave Monaco, never really focused on him, but I do know he is a #6 , but what sort of #6 is he? Any good? And would he improve us?
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018 11:41:30 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34267: Jan 28, 2018 11:38:33 pm
      While all your points are valid, i felt its a little harsh on Milner. Agreed that he is at later stages of his prime, but he has been giving everything since day 1.
      He may be giving everything, but that everything is not good enough anymore, and he is being cut slack by supports like yourself ( not having a dig) because we have been feed mediocrity for so long we have the taste for it and think that it tastes great
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34268: Jan 28, 2018 11:43:34 pm
      Careful what you wish for brethren, I bet your looking back at Rafa's tenure as the golden age compared to what's gone after his sacking..
      You know something I was not a fan of Rafa, but He did on the whole know how to put a team together and when they were allowed to play the were great to watch... The 4-0 against Real the 4-1 over Man Utd, the CL wins over Chelsea all that and more...
      Would I have Rafa back...? not a chance in hell
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34269: Jan 28, 2018 11:53:49 pm
      If Kenny's signings set the club back 5 years, how come we nearly won the league 2 years later? Doesn't sound like a 5 year setback to me.

The fact is Kenny's signings ( and the signings from BR's first year) improved the team. They didn't turn us into world beaters, but they sure as f**k improved us ( a lot ) compared with where we were under Hodgson.

It is what happened in the close season after 13/14,  when Suarez left ( and then Sturridge got crocked), and we fu**ed about with half-baked hope-for-the-best replacements, that set us back a mile and that we are still ( all too slowly) working our way back from.

And if we did not make those signing who is to say we would not have won that title two years later...?
      Bought in players Like Carroll, Downing, Coates,Adam,Henderson to replace players like Kuyt, and Raul Meirele a player that when to Chelsea played less than Downing, Adams, and Henderson yet scored more goals than all of them combined...
      Kenny and his buy the best of British Bollocks... Only one of his buys still at the club (Henderson) and he should have been sold

Quick Reply