Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4276529 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34270: Jan 29, 2018 12:53:39 am
      Didn't see the game, but in general, wouldn't mind having a punt on a striker like that, that wouldn't cost gazzilions, wouldn't be first choice, but could possibly take his chance more than Solanke/Ings/Studge (though we seem to be close to moving Studge on after cutting out asking price)

I'm kind of thinking that way too, would love to see Ings and Solanke get more chances, only way they're going to improve, but right now with Coutinho gone, we could drop Firmino back a little and go out and get a top class striker, something we're lacking. Add that too Firmino's and Salah's goals and we'd defo be heading in the right direction.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34271: Jan 29, 2018 01:24:55 am
      Fabinho has said he wants to leave Monaco, never really focused on him, but I do know he is a #6 , but what sort of #6 is he? Any good? And would he improve us?

I think it was Fabinho against Man City in last year's Champions League I recall as being F***ing terrific. Don't know what he's been like either side of that particular tie mind.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34272: Jan 29, 2018 01:41:17 am
      I'm kind of thinking that way too, would love to see Ings and Solanke get more chances, only way they're going to improve, but right now with Coutinho gone, we could drop Firmino back a little and go out and get a top class striker, something we're lacking. Add that too Firmino's and Salah's goals and we'd defo be heading in the right direction.

Had the same thoughts myself and Aubumayeng is my shout.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34273: Jan 29, 2018 01:47:52 am
      Had the same thoughts myself and Aubumayeng is my shout.

Off to Arsenal.
      Momentum is everything.

Liverpool had it approaching January. Clubs around Top 4 all strengthening except Liverpool.

Thatā€™s how you suck momentum out of the club.

At a bare minimum you should replace the player you sell, if not bring a couple in.

This window, Liverpool look negligent.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34274: Jan 29, 2018 07:04:30 am
      Off to Arsenal.
      Momentum is everything.

Liverpool had it approaching January. Clubs around Top 4 all strengthening except Liverpool.

At a bare minimum you should replace the player you sell, if not bring a couple in.

Agree mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #34275: Jan 29, 2018 07:22:57 am
      Off to Arsenal.
      Momentum is everything.

I have to say now - 5 weeks on and despite my view that longer term Iā€™d have taken VVD over Couts - the announcement of VVD ahead of the window just looks like another example of empty FSG message management.

We shouldnā€™t need to see a tail anymore folks to smell a rat......
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34276: Jan 29, 2018 08:16:55 am
      What is wrong with our club? Arsenal lose Alexis, but they had been prepared and get Miki and Auba, which is really impressive.

We lose an only creative midfielder and what we get? Unfit Lallana, Milner?

I'm 100% sure we won't be top 4 if we don't strength our self.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #34277: Jan 29, 2018 09:10:53 am
      No need to have a transfer thread for LFC. Waste of cyberspace because we do F**k all while every other club identifies weaknesses and act on it. Pathetic
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34278: Jan 29, 2018 09:47:38 am
      Whilst I was more than happy with replacing Couts with VVD I think now after two humiliating defeats on the bounce the club needs to sign someone just to inject some confidence back. Personally I'd go after Mahrez, even pay a bit over the odds if needed, he's a class player and would give us that extra creativity we need.
      Kopite78
      Reply #34279: Jan 29, 2018 10:30:18 am
      I've been banging on since we sold Coutinho about the need to replace him and we are seeing in these last two games exactly why it's needed

You sell one of your best players and it's what that does to the morale of the squad, it's not like selling someone who hardly plays here, we are talking someone who is a main cog in the wheel, so for that reason alone if you do that then you replace him and give the squad a boost around the training ground

sh*t we've lost Phil but look how good that lad is

It's like when we lost Torres but the lads then see Suarez nutmegging the tea lady and think..

we'll be alright here

Take away that instance and look at one or two injuries

We were told Lallana is back so that's good

Well he's pulled a muscle and is out for a month or so.

What happens if we get another? To one of the front three?
      Or what happens if they get tired cause they are playing every game, they looked fatigued the other day.

Before we could rotate  one for Phil... 4 worldies into 3

Now we rely on 3 who believe me will either be injured or knackard by April

The thought Ings or Solanke can bridge that frightens me

From a morale and squad point of view it's absolute madness waiting til the summer and I hold the manager and the owners responsible if this season falls away

Amateur hour at Liverpool again
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #34280: Jan 29, 2018 11:31:05 am
      And if we did not make those signing who is to say we would not have won that title two years later...?
      Bought in players Like Carroll, Downing, Coates,Adam,Henderson to replace players like Kuyt, and Raul Meirele a player that when to Chelsea played less than Downing, Adams, and Henderson yet scored more goals than all of them combined...
      Kenny and his buy the best of British Bollocks... Only one of his buys still at the club (Henderson) and he should have been sold

Who's to say indeed. If we'd bought better players we might well have won it. The point is that the signings we did make clearly didn't set us back 5 years . Going from 8th to 2nd in 3 years does not constitute a 5 year setback.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34281: Jan 29, 2018 01:02:02 pm
      JK: Philippe Coutinho is not to be replaced in this transfer window. We have to stop thinking about. It 's not about replacing anybody. It's about using our own opportunities, tools, players, tactics, all that stuff.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34282: Jan 29, 2018 01:06:46 pm
      https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/957962418621214721

Why say that (short term) when the intention is to do NOTHING!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #34283: Jan 29, 2018 01:19:57 pm

Might as well close the thread until summer.  :f_steam:

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34284: Jan 29, 2018 01:27:01 pm
      Not surprised at Klopp not making any transfers in.
      Maybe would've liked a new striking option - but will go with Klopps decision to wait until the summer.

Wasn't worried at all until we lost last two games ... though still don't think that's down to not replacing Cou (given how we whipped City, and had coped well without him in games previous where he was also missing.
      It's more of a throw back to same time last year, and that worse run, and why we don't seem to be able to grind out results when not playing well.

Don't think it's that we don't have the money - rather, JĆ¼rgen has shown he doesn't really like doing business in Winter, and is prepared to wait to get the men he wants, rather than react to pressure/poor results and go buys someone he's not sure about.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Reply #34285: Jan 29, 2018 02:50:00 pm
      Every year same f**king sh*te. We don't strength ourself in January transfer window, even more we sell our best player, loan striker and continue season with 2 clowns in goal.

Our striking force is Firmino and 2 players without EPL goal in recent years...Really encouraging.

We don't have any creative midfielder. We have Hendo who is great with passing back, with no shooting capabilities. Milner who is slow, Can and Gini without any creativity.

And we will be all wondering why another season without any trophy, or we get trophy for beating City?

But there is always next year.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #34286: Jan 29, 2018 03:18:09 pm
      Klopp pissed around last Jan too...waited till summer for the big spree and signed .....

1 player

There are a bunch of people who need the sack at liverpool. a whole bunch.

sorry, he signed the cheap left back too

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34287: Jan 29, 2018 03:22:05 pm
      Yeah, Isn't he more of a striker? Very quick too I believe.

He's fantastic, as Danzel explained not a striker but more of a wide player.

I'd have him at LFC in a second, looks better with each passing weekend.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34288: Jan 29, 2018 03:23:16 pm
      Short list: De Bruyne, Benteke, Courtois, Defour (Burnley), Bailey, Koulibaly (Napoli), Kabasele (Watford), Castagne (Atalanta), Ndidi (Leicester), Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio), ...

Thanks for the interesting post, but highlighting just a small bit of it - holy F**k, that's one impressive list there! They're certainly doing a lot of things right.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #34289: Jan 29, 2018 03:29:19 pm
      https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/957962004052041728

Let's hope this does not bite us in the remaining competitions.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34290: Jan 29, 2018 03:31:36 pm

Yeah, this is my only grip. Had we kept Coutinho or replaced him with a player just as good, I would have been confident of a top 4 and CL win tbh. We shall see how this pans out!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #34291: Jan 29, 2018 03:31:54 pm
      Klopp pissed around last Jan too...waited till summer for the big spree and signed .....

1 player

There are a bunch of people who need the sack at liverpool. a whole bunch.

sorry, he signed the cheap left back too

Salah and ā€œthe cheap left backā€ Robbo turned out ok though eh........?

To me that suggests itā€™s not target selection / discrimination thatā€™s the issue at the club........

Itā€™s pressing the big red button 🔴
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #34292: Jan 29, 2018 03:36:05 pm
      Yeah, this is my only grip. Had we kept Coutinho or replaced him with a player just as good, I would have been confident of a top 4 and CL win tbh. We shall see how this pans out!

It's not only Coutinho, even Lallana is out again; which worries me. A couple more injuries would make us rely on the youngsters, which is never a good thing during the run-in.

Quick Reply