Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180591 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34638: Mar 21, 2018 04:35:31 pm
      Salah, if he continues with this incredible run of form will, eventually be sold.
      He isn’t going to spend his entire career at LFC.
      Those days have gone
      BUT I don’t think for one second that his journey at our club is going to end in a few months time or in 18 months time.
      He is clearly loving being at Anfield and working under klopp.
      We are certainly going to improve the quality of player around him and I feel we will be by this time next season so much closer to silverware and competing on many fronts since 2001.
      Let’s just enjoy the ride and know that it’s onwards and upwards from here, with our magical Mo at our cutting edge for at least the next 18 months.

I reckon we'll get a few years out of Salah, at least, especially if the team keeps getting better and better, as we are.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34639: Mar 26, 2018 11:04:06 am
      @JamesPearce
      The Timo Werner rumours are back but he’s not a target for Jürgen Klopp. The #LFC boss isn’t planning on signing a striker this summer. Teenager Rhian Brewster being fast-tracked into first team squad.

Kloppo obviously rates the youngster big time.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34640: Mar 26, 2018 11:54:53 am
      Pearce reiterating that we arent signing a new striker this summer, and probably no #1 GK too means we get to spend heavily on a winger, #10 and #6.

From yesterday's rumors, the Scums apparently are willing to spend £50m on Jorginho
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34641: Mar 26, 2018 02:00:16 pm
      @JamesPearce
      The Timo Werner rumours are back but he’s not a target for Jürgen Klopp. The #LFC boss isn’t planning on signing a striker this summer. Teenager Rhian Brewster being fast-tracked into first team squad.

Surprised we wouldn't even look at bringing a more veteran  forward in on a Bosman. I agree you don't want to spend a big part of your transfer budget for what essentially will be a backup player (and of course Werner wouldn't be interested in being a backup). It would be great to see Brewster come through and become a first team success, especially after the injuries he's had this season at such a young age.

Sturridge I presume is Gonzo. Sounds like Origi is still under consideration, pending the rest of his season at Wolfsburg and perhaps his preseason with us.

This news also reminds me I need to take all the paper talk with a pinch of salt. Klopp has said he will bring in a new addition or two in the summer, and I should just wait and see who is signed rather than obsess on each possibility in May, June and July. There are a few reliable sources with Liverpool planning, and none of them are in Germany, Italy or Spain (unfortunately, even The Echo picks up stories from those places and runs them as "gossip."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34642: Mar 26, 2018 02:01:52 pm
      Pearce reiterating that we arent signing a new striker this summer, and probably no #1 GK too means we get to spend heavily on a winger, #10 and #6.

From yesterday's rumors, the Scums apparently are willing to spend £50m on Jorginho

When you say a winger, do you mean to replace Sadio?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34643: Mar 26, 2018 02:26:19 pm

Coutinho?
      Still need that winger/10/LM replacement since he left.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34644: Mar 26, 2018 03:27:49 pm
      Coutinho?
      Still need that winger/10/LM replacement since he left.

OK. So our front three are set. I think in terms of additions, none of them will really be a like-for-like replacement of Phil. I mean, we may sign a #8/attacking mid type (although I bet Klopp would prefer Ox to fill this role), but that person might only be similar to some of what Phil provided, not a direct replacement.

Then you get into conversations about playing differently vs. different opponents. Danzel and others are better at breaking that down.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34645: Mar 26, 2018 04:57:24 pm

I mean, add to squad strength. A wide-forward. We need to add to the front-3 and its clear we are not adding to our list of strikers.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34646: Mar 26, 2018 05:16:21 pm
      I mean, add to squad strength. A wide-forward. We need to add to the front-3 and its clear we are not adding to our list of strikers.

Ah I see.

Maybe so. Part of that question will be answered as he sorts out how he wants to use Ox (and how well Ox ends up performing). Harry Wilson and maybe Ojo might be part of that conversation in the summer as well.

I still think bringing in a more traditional striker on a Bosman makes sense for this group.  Ings and/or Solanke would really have to step up to make me think otherwise, and they probably won't really get a chance until the summer.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #34647: Mar 26, 2018 07:18:38 pm
      @JamesPearce

I suppose I'd have to agree with this. I mean if we were looking at another striker it would have to be an absolute worldy to to even compete with Bobby. I don't think there's many out there with Bobbys work rate and what he does for the team. Timo Werner is a very good player but would he be happy sitting on the bench while Bobby just does the business.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34648: Mar 26, 2018 07:38:40 pm
      @JamesPearce

Sounds exciting. Many things excite me about Klopp's management of this club but none more so than his keen desire to bring through the best talents the youth setup has to offer into the first team. For sure, many will make the case that the club youth setup was starved of talent for years upon end but at the same time Jürgen's predecessors were hardly receptive in giving young talent a first team platform to show their worth.

Seeing the likes of TAA and Woodburn emerging and with this news about Brewster, it really gives supporters a greater interest in affairs pertaining to the youth squads and Klopp's management, coupled with Stevie's involvement at U18 level, has probably engaged supporters in this side of the club more than at any other point in our recent history.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34649: Mar 26, 2018 09:11:34 pm
      Sounds exciting. Many things excite me about Klopp's management of this club but none more so than his keen desire to bring through the best talents the youth setup has to offer into the first team. For sure, many will make the case that the club youth setup was starved of talent for years upon end but at the same time Jürgen's predecessors were hardly receptive in giving young talent a first team platform to show their worth.

Seeing the likes of TAA and Woodburn emerging and with this news about Brewster, it really gives supporters a greater interest in affairs pertaining to the youth squads and Klopp's management, coupled with Stevie's involvement at U18 level, has probably engaged supporters in this side of the club more than at any other point in our recent history.
      To be honest, I’ve yet to see this from Klopp. I feel like the only player he has worked in to the first team has been TAA and that seemingly because he was backed in to a corner with Clyne’s absence. Woodburn I feel has only had a handful of appearences and I’ve found a lot of people, myself included, have called for him to feature more regularly.

It’s not necessarily a criticism, I just wouldn’t praise him for it while in the same breath downplaying his predecessors. In fact one of the few things I would give Rodgers credit for was bringing out the best in young talent. Sterling, Ibe and Flanagan to name a few were successfully integrated in to the first team during his tenure.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34650: Mar 26, 2018 11:20:44 pm
      Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure says it is his "dream" to play for Liverpool.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/937301/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Watford-Abdoulaye-Doucoure
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34651: Mar 26, 2018 11:21:05 pm
      Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure says it is his "dream" to play for Liverpool.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/937301/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Watford-Abdoulaye-Doucoure
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34652: Mar 27, 2018 02:01:00 pm

I bet he would say the same if he were linked with another big club!

Anyway, he is more of a destroyer? I just want a player that's able to pass between the lines and dictate from deep !!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #34653: Mar 27, 2018 05:56:04 pm
      No thanks, in 7 seasons at 4 clubs he has managed 176 apps, sick note.
      I think we need to be only going for players who can put it at least 30 games a season.
      He is 25 and no French call ups.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34654: Mar 28, 2018 08:04:43 pm
      Isco, anyone? Struggling to be a regular first teamer for Real and pretty much took a swipe at Zidane.

Henderson  Keita
                  Isco
        Salah, Firmino, Mane

Can't see us losing a battle in midfield with that midfield :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34655: Mar 29, 2018 09:46:55 am
      Isco, anyone? Struggling to be a regular first teamer for Real and pretty much took a swipe at Zidane.

Henderson  Keita
                  Isco
        Salah, Firmino, Mane

Would love Isco here he's a class act.

But if he comes to the PL it will be to City as a long term replacement for David Silva.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34656: Mar 29, 2018 03:46:04 pm

Henderson  Keita
                  Isco
        Salah, Firmino, Mane

Swap Hendo with Jorginho.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34657: Mar 29, 2018 04:06:36 pm

Haha, I was thinking with Keita and Isco in the team, we need a bit of steel, a player that's capable of doing the dogged work around the pitch rather than a techically gifted footballer. All about the balance!
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2018 04:11:36 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34658: Mar 29, 2018 09:46:56 pm
      Haha, I was thinking with Keita and Isco in the team, we need a bit of steel, a player that's capable of doing the dogged work around the pitch rather than a techically gifted footballer. All about the balance!

I’m thinking Keita, Isco and Jorginho :laugh:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34659: Mar 29, 2018 09:52:03 pm
      Keita is coming but neither jorginho or isco will, isco is just a pipe dream and de laurentiis will ask stupid money for jorginho
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34660: Mar 30, 2018 12:52:14 pm
      Keita is coming but neither jorginho or isco will, isco is just a pipe dream and de laurentiis will ask stupid money for jorginho

Yeah, I think we'll get a 2nd midfielder, well.. I hope we do, and honestly, I don't think we will get either Jorginho or Isco.

Quick Reply