Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179696 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34753: Apr 18, 2018 06:50:19 pm
      https://www.google.ro/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ruben-neves-performing-well-enough-14541768.amp

A replacement for Can, it would be a terrific transfer for us. I saw him for Wolves and he is a very good player, a midfield with Neves, Keita and the Ox would make us title challengers.

If Stoke and Southampton go down we could poach some of their players who would make our bench stronger, I am looking at Cedric, Lemina, Ward-Prowse, Sobhi, Butland, Romeu, Betrand, Hojberg.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34754: Apr 18, 2018 11:16:51 pm
      https://www.google.ro/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ruben-neves-performing-well-enough-14541768.amp

A replacement for Can, it would be a terrific transfer for us. I saw him for Wolves and he is a very good player, a midfield with Neves, Keita and the Ox would make us title challengers.

If Stoke and Southampton go down we could poach some of their players who would make our bench stronger, I am looking at Cedric, Lemina, Ward-Prowse, Sobhi, Butland, Romeu, Betrand, Hojberg.

Never understood why we never went for Neves, seems boss. But, I’m not the one making the decision but if we were to go for him now, he’d be a damn sight more expensive.

Wouldn’t go for any of the players listed other than Butland and possibly Bertrand. A lot of players listed there, all first team regulars and if really any good, then as a group, they wouldn’t be getting relegated.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34755: Apr 18, 2018 11:41:28 pm
      Never understood why we never went for Neves, seems boss. But, I’m not the one making the decision but if we were to go for him now, he’d be a damn sight more expensive.

Wouldn’t go for any of the players listed other than Butland and possibly Bertrand. A lot of players listed there, all first team regulars and if really any good, then as a group, they wouldn’t be getting relegated.

He is a great ball playing DM but a bit of a short Arse for that position, there again with VVD backing maybe not a bad idea.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34756: Apr 19, 2018 01:21:52 am
      He is a great ball playing DM but a bit of a short Arse for that position, there again with VVD backing maybe not a bad idea.

Kante is no giant, nor Masch, but both are/have been excellent in the DM role
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34757: Apr 19, 2018 12:58:56 pm
      Players to sell or release in Summer:

Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Klavan
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Flanagan
      Markovic

Bring in:

GK to challenge Karius
      New CB
      New DM
      New CM if Can leaves
      New AM
      New Winger

So a clear out of some deadwood and 5 quality signings we'll be in a position to mount a serious title challenge next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34758: Apr 19, 2018 01:54:13 pm

Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Klavan
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Flanagan
      Markovic

Bring in:

GK to challenge Karius
      New CB
      New DM
      New CM if Can leaves
      New AM
      New Winger

So a clear out of some deadwood and 5 quality signings we'll be in a position to mount a serious title challenge next season.

Might as well get rid of Solanke as well, he's much worse than Ings, but I'd keep Klavan and Markovich. I agree with the targets though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34759: Apr 19, 2018 02:24:52 pm
      Might as well get rid of Solanke as well, he's much worse than Ings, but I'd keep Klavan and Markovich. I agree with the targets though.

Keep Markovic?

He's barely kicked a ball for us in 4 years mate he's finished here.

I like Klavan but he's not going to get any game time next season so he might want to leave anyway.

I think Klopp will make a player out of Solanke watch this space.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34760: Apr 19, 2018 03:19:40 pm

Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Klavan
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Flanagan
      Markovic

Bring in:

GK to challenge Karius
      New CB
      New DM
      New CM if Can leaves
      New AM
      New Winger

You want a new player in all three midfield positions? Are you including Keita or not?

I think we as fans sometimes don't realise the impact changing the squad so drastically has on the players. The reason Klopp improves players so consistently is because he gives them a chance and puts his confidence in them. If we made as many changes to the squad as people always want I don't think you'd see the unity and togetherness and all round improvement that we're showing at the moment. We'd become like Utd with their "team" of individuals.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2018 08:52:47 pm by artaylor »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34761: Apr 19, 2018 05:44:51 pm

Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Klavan
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Flanagan
      Markovic

Bring in:

GK to challenge Karius
      New CB
      New DM
      New CM if Can leaves
      New AM
      New Winger

No way in hell there is going to be so many new faces in the midfield with Keita coming in....one more perhaps but word is that they are expecting Gruijc to play a part there also next season so that is already 2 mids that were not in the squad this year.

Henderson
      Gini
      Lallana
      Keita
      Gruijc
      Milner
      Chamberlin

What were supposed to carry 10 midfielders in the 1st squad?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34762: Apr 19, 2018 05:58:39 pm
      No way in hell there is going to be so many new faces in the midfield with Keita coming in....one more perhaps but word is that they are expecting Gruijc to play a part there also next season so that is already 2 mids that were not in the squad this year.

Henderson
      Gini
      Lallana
      Keita
      Gruijc
      Milner
      Chamberlin

What were supposed to carry 10 midfielders in the 1st squad?

Even if Gruijc leaves in the summer, I just can't see us getting another midfielder.

Milner, Hendo, Wijnaldum and Keita with Ox or Lallana for the more offensive midfield role is surely enough for a full season.

I can only see us getting another midfielder if Gruijc leaves (loan or sold) with Lallana, Moreno (Milner cover LB) or Milner.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34763: Apr 19, 2018 06:02:19 pm
      Even if Gruijc leaves in the summer, I just can't see us getting another midfielder.

Milner, Hendo, Wijnaldum and Keita with Ox or Lallana for the more offensive midfield role is surely enough for a full season.

I can only see us getting another midfielder if Gruijc leaves (loan or sold) with Lallana, Moreno (Milner cover LB) or Milner.

I could see a Lemar, just for the fact that Milner is not getting any younger and I am not too sure on Lallana now.

In general I agree though.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34764: Apr 19, 2018 07:35:08 pm
      https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/inside-story-liverpools-fight-ruben-neves-and-wolvess-potential-replacement

Neves rumors on the rise. But will be a tad disappointed if its gonna be him or Jorginho. But if he is targeted for Can's spot, all in!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34765: Apr 19, 2018 07:38:02 pm
      https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/inside-story-liverpools-fight-ruben-neves-and-wolvess-potential-replacement

Neves rumors on the rise. But will be a tad disappointed if its gonna be him or Jorginho. But if he is targeted for Can's spot, all in!

Might depend if Klopp sees Neves
      as a bit of a project he can mould as he is only 21.
      Jorginio is 26 in comparison.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34766: Apr 19, 2018 11:20:19 pm
      Keep Markovic?

I agree with everything but this... the Lad simple does not have it, nor will he really get the games to improve... He will go out on loan and when he comes back he will still not have what it takes... Should have bought his England  strike partner Calvert-Lewin instead
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34767: Apr 20, 2018 12:01:40 am
      Might depend if Klopp sees Neves
      as a bit of a project he can mould as he is only 21.
      Jorginio is 26 in comparison.

Can we please talk more Jorginho? He will take us to the next level in terms of attacking football. I don't think there is a player currently in world football as good as him in short/medium ball distribution from deep. Still surprised City aren't looking at him, really really shocked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34768: Apr 20, 2018 12:33:36 am

Mignolet
      Bogdan
      Klavan
      Sturridge
      Ings
      Origi
      Flanagan
      Markovic

Bring in:

GK to challenge Karius
      New CB
      New DM
      New CM if Can leaves
      New AM
      New Winger

I agree about a defender and a deep midfielder. To the extent we "spend the Coutinho money," that's where it will happen.

We might bring in a more veteran forward, probably on a free, just to provide better cover for the front three (or he could use Origi that way but I doubt Divock will to be a backup). I think the only way we buy an attacking midfielder or a winger is if it is some gee-whiz player. I think Klopp has who he wants at those spots for the starting XI. Our young players are going to have a chance to be "the cover" at our attacking and midfield positions.

If we bring in a goalkeeper it will be as a backup to Karius. Barring some shockfest in the remaining few games, he's won the job.

Your departures are probably right except maybe Ings and Klavan. If they are willing to stay on as backups, nothing wrong with keeping players who already know the system, in the squad.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #34769: Apr 20, 2018 03:08:02 am
      We have Keita coming in...I think we are going to see a Lemar or Jorginho midfielder, Pulisic or similar type and a back-up goal keeper.

4 new players with Keita quality over quantity and one/two of the younger lads (Gruijc, Brewester. Woodburn etc) being brought up to fill out the 20-22 players.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #34770: Apr 20, 2018 05:12:10 am
      Everyone keeps mentioning the Coutinho money.
      I hope I’m wrong however I really think we’ve already preempted the spending of those funds, buying Van Dijk and Keita.

Now I seriously wish we had a warchest of £200M however I cannot see it happening. The owners are far too careful, business-wise than that.

The additions of Keita, De Vrij, Jorginho and Lemar, I believe will give us a spectacular chance of getting to the Promised Land again, after our huge drought.

Even links to classy players like Neves has me excited, and it seems to be gathering pace with rumours of him coming.
      I long for the days when Stevie G could hit Exocet missiles from distance, and Rubens’ strikes pack some punch. It’ll add a different dimension and a great way to unlock the most stubborn of defences when things aren’t falling our way in certain matches.

I’d love a world class keeper like Oblak or possibly Alisson however I’m very happy sticking with Karius. Those other keepers would cost a King’s ransom anyway. 

All in all our direction is looking fantastic and I love the calibre of players we are being linked to and after during this wonderful Klopp regime.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #34771: Apr 20, 2018 07:35:19 am
      Can we please talk more Jorginho? He will take us to the next level in terms of attacking football. I don't think there is a player currently in world football as good as him in short/medium ball distribution from deep. Still surprised City aren't looking at him, really really shocked.

;D unfortunately mate will make no difference how much we talk about either of them on here.

EBLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #34772: Apr 20, 2018 11:49:52 am
      We might bring in a more veteran forward, probably on a free, just to provide better cover for the front three (or he could use Origi that way but I doubt Divock will to be a backup). I think the only way we buy an attacking midfielder or a winger is if it is some gee-whiz player. I think Klopp has who he wants at those spots for the starting XI. Our young players are going to have a chance to be "the cover" at our attacking and midfield positions.

I've been thinking about this too for a while as we've been pretty lucky regards injuries to our front three this season, esp with Bobby. What are people's thoughts on Jamie Vardy? He's 31 now but not too many miles on the clock at the highest level. He will obviously need to be prepared to spend a lot of time on the bench but so would any already established striker and I think at this stage of his career after playing in a World Cup this summer, he would be more prepared to do this than say a Timo Werner or someone else of that ilk.
      He's absolutely proven at this level with another 17 goals in the league this season, great attitude who I think could play to our style when called upon. 2 years left on his contract so shouldn't cost too much. It would probably go against the clubs policy of signing younger players but signing quality, back up strikers is not easy and I think he'd be a good fit. We cannot go into a pivotal season with Ings and Solanke as our only other striking options imo.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34773: Apr 20, 2018 12:11:55 pm

I've been thinking about this too for a while as we've been pretty lucky regards injuries to our front three this season, esp with Bobby. What are people's thoughts on Jamie Vardy? He's 31 now but not too many miles on the clock at the highest level. He will obviously need to be prepared to spend a lot of time on the bench but so would any already established striker and I think at this stage of his career after playing in a World Cup this summer, he would be more prepared to do this than say a Timo Werner or someone else of that ilk.
      He's absolutely proven at this level with another 17 goals in the league this season, great attitude who I think could play to our style when called upon. 2 years left on his contract so shouldn't cost too much. It would probably go against the clubs policy of signing younger players but signing quality, back up strikers is not easy and I think he'd be a good fit. We cannot go into a pivotal season with Ings and Solanke as our only other striking options imo.

If we sign Werner i guess we'll switch it to a 4-2-3-1 with Keita and Hendo in midfield (if we don't sign Ruben Neves) and Salah-Firmino-Mane-Werner in attack.

A backup striker for Firmino is needed, so i think we'll go for someone who will accept the backup role ... Someone like Justin Kluivert, Ben Yedder, Rodrigo, Dolberg, Maxi Gomez ... or a veteran striker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34774: Apr 20, 2018 01:22:18 pm
      Keep Markovic?

He's barely kicked a ball for us in 4 years mate he's finished here.

I like Klavan but he's not going to get any game time next season so he might want to leave anyway.

Sorry I was thinking of Grujic
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #34775: Apr 20, 2018 02:09:26 pm
      If it's between Neves and Jorginho, I'd take Jorginho as he's proven in a top league.

Further, Neves is one of Jorge Mendes' clients and we all know how that turns out:
      - Sign player
      - Player plays well
      - Agent convinces player to move to pastures new after a couple seasons
      - Player agrees and goes to RM/Barca

We're not a stepping-stone. We are a European power on the rise once again. Also not a chance would Klopp buy into the whole stepping-stone sh*t either.

Quick Reply