Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180489 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34799: Apr 23, 2018 12:29:25 am
      If we were to get a real quality striker then what or who should we drop...? Mane...? Perhaps Mo?
      It is easy to say we keep him on the bench...
      Beside which I believe you could put bobby anywhere in midfield and he would still set up goal and score his fair share of them just like Steven Gerrard
      What is wrong with you? Bobby IS a real quality striker.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34800: Apr 23, 2018 12:37:34 am
      If we were to get a real quality striker then what or who should we drop...? Mane...? Perhaps Mo?
      It is easy to say we keep him on the bench...
      Beside which I believe you could put bobby anywhere in midfield and he would still set up goal and score his fair share of them just like Steven Gerrard

Bobby has proven time and again this season he’s a real quality striker, why change what isn’t broken? Near on 30 goals, probably getting on for 20 assists, more tackles than most defenders in England and a work rate second to none...and you want to change that? When he’s played in midfield before and not been as effective.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34801: Apr 23, 2018 12:41:49 am
      https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/987818904310427648

Might be a good back up for Firmino , just needs to learn how to score! On a serious note, he is not my cup of tea :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34802: Apr 23, 2018 12:47:03 am
      https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/987818904310427648

Might be a good back up for Firmino , just needs to learn how to score! On a serious note, he is not my cup of tea :)

Nah, piss poor goalscoring record, just not good enough
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34803: Apr 23, 2018 12:53:02 am
      Nah, piss poor goalscoring record, just not good enough

I agree. Works hard, but that's about it. Seems like lots of players are jumping on our bandwagon :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34804: Apr 23, 2018 03:34:21 am
      What we need is a wide forward who is versatile like our current front 3 but would be alright with rotation.

The first name that pops in my mind is Wilf Zaha. Think there is a 20-goal player in him esp with our attacking support cast.

Gonçalo Guedes would be an interesting option and PSG might be tempted to sell as well
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #34805: Apr 23, 2018 11:17:21 am
      What we need is a wide forward who is versatile like our current front 3 but would be alright with rotation.

The first name that pops in my mind is Wilf Zaha. Think there is a 20-goal player in him esp with our attacking support cast.

Gonçalo Guedes would be an interesting option and PSG might be tempted to sell as well

Zaha would be a great backup option for the front 3.

And Ryan Sessegnon for the future.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34806: Apr 23, 2018 04:36:32 pm
      Tarkowski is not a bad shout but will be way over priced as he's an England international but would take him for sure.

Shaw no thanks as he's a fat Manc.

Bobby is a striker now and thriving in the role would not replace him for anyone up top right now.

Based on the played were linked with I'd love to see us sign the following:

GK to challenge Karius: Allison               
      New CB: James Tarkowski
      New LB to replace Moreno: Ryan Bertrand
      New DM: Ruben Neves
      New AM: James Maddison
      New Winger: Ryan Sessegnon       

Striker? We really need some more strikers, and Ings and Solanke sure as hell aren't the answer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34807: Apr 23, 2018 05:07:29 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34808: Apr 23, 2018 05:36:50 pm
      Would be pretty disappointed if Jorginho goes to City. Looks a classy player but trust Jürgen to bring in someone equally good.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34809: Apr 23, 2018 06:10:55 pm

He is dead to me if he joins City, f**k him and f**k City.....absolutely gutted :( He would have taken our attack and possession play to the next level
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #34810: Apr 23, 2018 06:17:28 pm
      He is dead to me if he joins City, f**k him and f**k City.....absolutely gutted :( He would have taken our attack and possession play to the next level

I feel your pain mate
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34811: Apr 23, 2018 06:20:34 pm
      Guardian also reporting now that Jorginho is Pep's #1 target and a €60m bid is expected as soon as Serie A concludes
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #34812: Apr 23, 2018 06:27:31 pm
      I’m sure he would fancy his chances of cementing a place but he would be up against the likes of De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Fernandinho. Let’s be honest, he would have a much easier chance of nailing down a place in the first team with us.

Oh well, if that’s where he thinks his career will thrive then nothing we can do. Liverpool and City surely the 2 most stable and attractive propositions in England at the moment so i’d imagine it would be a difficult choice.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34813: Apr 23, 2018 06:44:24 pm
      I’m sure he would fancy his chances of cementing a place but he would be up against the likes of De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Fernandinho. Let’s be honest, he would have a much easier chance of nailing down a place in the first team with us.

Oh well, if that’s where he thinks his career will thrive then nothing we can do. Liverpool and City surely the 2 most stable and attractive propositions in England at the moment so i’d imagine it would be a difficult choice.

He will play week in, week out and become City's main #6. For me, there is no one better in world football at distributing the ball from deep.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34814: Apr 23, 2018 07:54:39 pm
      He will play week in, week out and become City's main #6. For me, there is no one better in world football at distributing the ball from deep.

Julian Weigl and Jean Seri would be worth a look. May be our supposed interest in Ruben Neves is serious after all then.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #34815: Apr 23, 2018 07:59:41 pm
      Perhaps we should put a cheeky bid in for Rabiot.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34816: Apr 23, 2018 08:14:11 pm
      Julian Weigl and Jean Seri would be worth a look. May be our supposed interest in Ruben Neves is serious after all then.

Maybe, but as I said before, I would be happy with Keita, Hendo, Wijnaldum, Milner, Ox and Lallana as our midfielders next season. And if we stuck with those midfielders, I'd love to see Klopp convert Wijnaldum into a #6, I feel he can offer more than what Hendo currently offers.

Perhaps we should put a cheeky bid in for Rabiot.

Yes, but remember, he is a box-boxer, not a #6 (although he can play there).
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34817: Apr 23, 2018 10:53:33 pm
      What is wrong with you? Bobby IS a real quality striker.

Bobby has proven time and again this season he’s a real quality striker, why change what isn’t broken? Near on 30 goals, probably getting on for 20 assists, more tackles than most defenders in England and a work rate second to none...and you want to change that? When he’s played in midfield before and not been as effective.

In our current squad I would not change Firmino for any other player we have...
      But, should we acquire a real quality striker, a striker that is a 20+ goals a season striker, a striker that does it season in season out,Someone as good or even better than our current front three, then which one of the front three would you sacrifice for that striker...? Bearing in mind that our front three have there own unique qualities... They all score goals... Firmino amongst other things is the best at pressing, Mane runs all day and tracks back the deepest to make tackles...Mo Salah seems to score at will, Those are but a few of our strikers qualities...

If we want the best team we need the best players, and sometimes that means move a player, and not removing a player.
      Bastian Schweinsteiger Started life as a RW,for Club and Country, Bayern bought Arjen Robben and Bayern deemed him so important to the team that instead of putting him on the bench they moved Schweinsteiger to the LW.... Again when they acquired  Franck Ribéry Schweinsteiger was moved to Midfield for both Club and Country...

But what i am suggesting would only occur should we sign a striker that is either as good as, or Better than Firmino
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2018 11:04:19 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34818: Apr 23, 2018 11:01:16 pm
      Tarkowski is not a bad shout but will be way over priced as he's an England international but would take him for sure.

Shaw no thanks as he's a fat Manc.

Bobby is a striker now and thriving in the role would not replace him for anyone up top right now.

Based on the played were linked with I'd love to see us sign the following:

GK to challenge Karius: Allison               
      New CB: James Tarkowski
      New LB to replace Moreno: Ryan Bertrand
      New DM: Ruben Neves
      New AM: James Maddison
      New Winger: Ryan Sessegnon       

I like most of your choices, Don't know more about Maddison (tbh)  Bertrand would be an improvement on Moreno although that would not be hard...

One question : - How would people here feel about Allison  once we put 10 goals plus pass him over the two legs  :f_whistle:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34819: Apr 23, 2018 11:34:20 pm
      How about we keep our Interests to ourselves? ....seems every time we say we are interested in a Player, some other cu*ts come in and offer them more.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34820: Apr 24, 2018 12:33:44 am
      How about we keep our Interests to ourselves? ....seems every time we say we are interested in a Player, some other Cu*ts come in and offer them more.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: so true  ;D
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #34821: Apr 24, 2018 02:04:10 am
      How about we keep our Interests to ourselves? ....seems every time we say we are interested in a Player, some other Cu*ts come in and offer them more.

I mean, really, it's not like we're out there broadcasting to the world who we are going after. Basically everything we read about potential targets is from the media and not quotes from the team. If anything, we have been very quiet recently about our dealings. We heard nothing about Van Dijk in the winter, then suddenly we find out he's been signed. Same for Keita in the summer where everything had gone quiet about him after Red Bull said he was not being sold, and suddenly it comes out we made a deal for 2018.

Quick Reply