Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199515 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #34914: May 03, 2018 09:59:39 pm
      Nah, Been past it for years in my opinion.

Reina is out of contract, would be more like it, but supposedly is going to AC Milan. Wouldn't mind gazumping them if it's not signed yet.

I fully expect to be shot down for this one, but f**k it - Harry Maguire? He doesn't look like a top player, I'll concede that. But every time I've seen him play he looks a really good CB. Strong, good in the air, surprisingly good on the ball.

Id be happy with Maguire.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34915: May 03, 2018 10:25:12 pm

After beating Real in the finals, I reckon Klopp should go tap Varane up :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #34916: May 03, 2018 10:46:13 pm
      After beating Real in the finals, I reckon Klopp should go tap Varane up :D

Bale would make a good squad player.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #34917: May 04, 2018 10:50:13 pm
      Probably won't happen because of the team he plays for but Anthony Martial would be class under Klopp. Utd fans find him underwhelming and Mourinho doesn't know how to play him as he is a flair player.

A cheeky bid just to annoy them.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34918: May 04, 2018 11:04:16 pm
      Probably won't happen because of the team he plays for but Anthony Martial would be class under Klopp. Utd fans find him underwhelming and Mourinho doesn't know how to play him as he is a flair player.

Yeah, I'd like to see that type of player for us. He could play as an inside left forward or #9.

Another player I wouldn't mind seeing, is Dele Alli (3 years left on his contract), closest player to a Lampard, and with Firmino dropping into pockets and dragging CB's away often, I think DA would exploit those spaces ahead with late runs into the box etc.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34919: May 05, 2018 01:30:56 am
      Azpilicueta. I wonder if he wants to join a proper football club.

We need class to play with class. He would cost 100 million and upwards no doubt.

He would also - along with a new goalkeeper - win us the premier league.

He would be my dream signing and would bring some know how to that back line. TAA would flourish next to him.

How lovely would it be to start going to Chelsea and buying their best players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34920: May 05, 2018 04:06:26 am
      Don’t think we’ll see any defensive signings. All our CBS are staying, we have three right backs and Moreno is getting a new deal.

A keeper is all.

With that in mind, add another midfielder and an attacker or two and we’re good to go.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #34921: May 05, 2018 10:09:01 am

I agree I think Martial could be great for us. He has had all the raw talent drilled out of him by Mourinho rather than nurtured. He's confidence had been destroyed at United.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34922: May 05, 2018 10:34:26 am
      I agree I think Martial could be great for us. He has had all the raw talent drilled out of him by Mourinho rather than nurtured. He's confidence had been destroyed at United.

Another example of Jose being unable to develop young players. If Martial does the right thing for his career and leaves then I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he was to start living up to his potential.
      Has zero confidence through lack of playing time and then naturally struggles because Jose expects him to be incredible but then completely slates him when it doesn’t happen, same with Rashford.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #34923: May 05, 2018 12:03:13 pm
      If Martial or Rashford become surplus I'd like either, Klopp would improve them ten fold, just look how the OX was doing.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34924: May 05, 2018 12:38:58 pm
      Don’t think we’ll see any defensive signings. All our CBS are staying, we have three right backs and Moreno is getting a new deal.

A keeper is all.

With that in mind, add another midfielder and an attacker or two and we’re good to go.

Tend to agree. I guess GK would be looked at only after we get the required outfield signings, and I reckon we'll make 3 signings.

Winger: Christian Pulisic (19)
      Attacking Mid: James Maddison (21)
      Center Mid: Ruben Neves (21)

Thats probably the profile of players we are after. I highly doubt if Wolves and Dortmund would let go of their most important players though.

2 names linked with us on and off for those 2 positions - Leon Bailey and Jorginho, and unsurprisingly City are favourites for both.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34925: May 05, 2018 12:57:54 pm
      Tend to agree. I guess GK would be looked at only after we get the required outfield signings, and I reckon we'll make 3 signings.

Thats probably the profile of players we are after. I highly doubt if Wolves and Dortmund would let go of their most important players though.

2 names linked with us on and off for those 2 positions - Leon Bailey and Jorginho, and unsurprisingly City are favourites for both.

I wouldn't be against those signings, but we have to ask ourselves, what if VVD gets injured or needs a rest? I wouldn't be confident of Gomez, Lovren or Matip leading the defense, so I would love us to buy an exceptional CB.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #34926: May 05, 2018 02:16:42 pm

Good trio that no doubt but honestly, especially after a campaign where we've got to the Champions League final, we need to be buying a couple more players closer to the finished article if we want to challenge for the league.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #34927: May 05, 2018 02:35:41 pm
      If Martial or Rashford become surplus I'd like either, Klopp would improve them ten fold, just look how the OX was doing.

Never happen but I reckon Rashford be boss in our system
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34928: May 05, 2018 03:20:32 pm
      Good trio that no doubt but honestly, especially after a campaign where we've got to the Champions League final, we need to be buying a couple more players closer to the finished article if we want to challenge for the league.

Aye! Thats why Jorginho down the middle would be orgasmic! Keita-Jorginho-Oxlade makes me salivate..
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #34929: May 05, 2018 09:02:38 pm
      With Stoke having been confirmed as one of the three teams going down, I thought it might be a fun exercise to take a look at the teams still fighting for their lives as well as Stoke in order to assess the players that match the club's current needs and could be of decent help on a cheaper price tag. Wondering which player would people here have an eye on.

I'll start with Stoke and Southampton. 

Stoke City F.C. :

Jack Butland (GK): Young, promising, already good enough to help immediately.

Southampton F.C. :

Ryan Bertrand: Quality player, would be good to have in the lineup instead of Moreno. Robertson has been in an outstanding form all season long, but with League, CL and cups football we'll need somebody reliable on the pitch when Robertson is rested or even just for competition at that position. I think Bertrand does that without the defensive downsides that Moreno brings and could surprise by claiming minutes of his own.

Oriol Romeu: Lately our lack of depth in midfield has been really noticeable. Klopp spent most of the second half of the second leg against Roma not knowing who to bring in to consolidate things in midfield because we had nothing worth bringing in from the bench. Romeu brings in a rough, possession gaining, simple passing game to our midfield. Nothing too flashy, but something we really need in games where we want to shut down the opposition and hold on to our lead.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34930: May 06, 2018 04:19:34 am
      Romeu would be a very handy back up. But I’d rather improve the first teams and push Hendo down the pecking order rather than strengthen our back up.

Butland is sh*t.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34931: May 06, 2018 07:30:27 am
      I don't think Shaqiri is a bad creative option either.

Agree Butland is rubbish.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #34932: May 06, 2018 09:04:26 am
      With Stoke having been confirmed as one of the three teams going down, I thought it might be a fun exercise to take a look at the teams still fighting for their lives as well as Stoke in order to assess the players that match the club's current needs and could be of decent help on a cheaper price tag. Wondering which player would people here have an eye on.

I'll start with Stoke and Southampton. 

Stoke City F.C. :

Jack Butland (GK): Young, promising, already good enough to help immediately.

Southampton F.C. :

Ryan Bertrand: Quality player, would be good to have in the lineup instead of Moreno. Robertson has been in an outstanding form all season long, but with League, CL and cups football we'll need somebody reliable on the pitch when Robertson is rested or even just for competition at that position. I think Bertrand does that without the defensive downsides that Moreno brings and could surprise by claiming minutes of his own.

Oriol Romeu: Lately our lack of depth in midfield has been really noticeable. Klopp spent most of the second half of the second leg against Roma not knowing who to bring in to consolidate things in midfield because we had nothing worth bringing in from the bench. Romeu brings in a rough, possession gaining, simple passing game to our midfield. Nothing too flashy, but something we really need in games where we want to shut down the opposition and hold on to our lead.
      I think we really need to stop signing Southampton players.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #34933: May 06, 2018 09:49:49 am
      I think we really need to stop signing Southampton players.

We're switching to Rangers, I heard. :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34934: May 06, 2018 11:47:15 am
      There could be a possible rift between Man Utd defender Eric Bailly and José Mourinho..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/03/eric-bailly-dropped-world-cup-jose-mourinho-manchester-united

We (LFC); should be keeping very close tabs on this one. He is a monster of a defender, Be sure all the big clubs around Europe and England will
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #34935: May 06, 2018 01:22:54 pm
      So how much would this lot cost, Pepe I read today is supposedly on Jurgens list dont know if its true is he a cash deal or a free ? ,Saha, McGuire, Pulisic,Martial, Neves, Koulibally £250 -£300 million
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #34936: May 06, 2018 01:26:24 pm
      We're switching to Rangers, I heard. :lmao:

Kenny Miller as Firmino's backup? :lmao:

Quick Reply