Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4209780 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35167: May 18, 2018 04:46:47 pm
      No team offers more allure.........but they may offer more lucre.......

Without Pep they are just oil money, but Pep is probably the most recognized coach in world football and gives City a lot more appeal than just the paycheck. Sane and Gundogan already turned us down to go play for Pep so would not be surprised if Pep is also a reason Jorginho is going there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #35168: May 18, 2018 04:55:00 pm
      What I couldn’t be a part of though is

.....they're F***ing manc cu*ts!!

In a nutshell for you lad ;)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #35169: May 18, 2018 05:12:00 pm
      Without Pep they are just oil money, but Pep is probably the most recognized coach in world football and gives City a lot more appeal than just the paycheck. Sane and Gundogan already turned us down to go play for Pep so would not be surprised if Pep is also a reason Jorginho is going there.

I dont think we were ever after Gundogan, and you would be surprised at how much easier it is for the selling club if a oil rich club offers them what ever they want.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #35170: May 18, 2018 05:18:03 pm

Again though,  that’s not the club......
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35171: May 18, 2018 05:18:10 pm
      I dont think we were ever after Gundogan, and you would be surprised at how much easier it is for the selling club if a oil rich club offers them what ever they want.

I was basing that on this article with direct quotes.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/ilkay-gundogan-reveals-manchester-city-over-liverpool-transfer-a8157471.html

City is also at a different stage than us. Despite their record-breaking season in the PL you could say City underachieved this year (thanks to us!) while most would agree we've exceeded expectations, even if we lose the CL Final (which we won't). The gap should close next year and we will probably be legit title contenders but City is still the team to beat so i see the allure they have.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #35172: May 18, 2018 05:28:50 pm
      Just read that Borussia Dortmund are ready to sell Christian Pulisic for a fee of around £50 million.
      I read from Thai news then search in google and find some like this
      https://www.rousingthekop.com/2018/05/18/borussia-dortmund-prepared-to-sell-liverpool-target-christian-pulisic-for-50m/

No way they would let him go for 50m.

If that's true, we should be signing him ASAP.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35173: May 18, 2018 05:51:22 pm
      Haha, the lies we tell ourselves, right? Why would a footballer want to join a super rich club managed by the world's most famous manager where he's almost guaranteed to win trophies? They must be crazy! Only 100 points, what kind of joke is that? :D

Yeah, have fun indeed...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35174: May 18, 2018 05:54:03 pm
      Look, Borussia Dortmund under Klopp were also super fun to watch and they had incredible support - much better than ours, by the way. They actually make noise every game, don't just turn up occasionally. They won the league a couple of times and also reached the UCL final.

And still, their best players continued to leave. In fact their main star at the time was sold to Bayern Munich just days before the final. Everybody knew their success wasn't sustainable over a long period, that they could win more and earn more elsewhere, no matter how fun or stylish Dortmund could have been.

LFC are in a far better position to Dortmund as we play in a bigger league with greater revenues, but calm down already, we're still significantly behind some of the other clubs in appeal to footballers. Hopefully we'll get sustained success to change that in the near future but we're not quite there yet. We're LFC fans so of course the thought of playing for LFC is much more appealing, but some common sense is necessary here :D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35175: May 18, 2018 05:59:28 pm
      No way they would let him go for 50m.

If that's true, we should be signing him ASAP.

Bet he is 80 million plus....that being said I think we will get him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #35176: May 18, 2018 06:01:37 pm
      I still don't know why everyone does this every year, just wait until there are some players leaning against stuff at Melwood holding up an LFC scarf.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35177: May 18, 2018 06:19:15 pm
      I still don't know why everyone does this every year, just wait until there are some players leaning against stuff at Melwood holding up an LFC scarf.

Haha
      I personally love the transfer market, though it can be annoyingly frustrating at times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35178: May 18, 2018 06:24:51 pm
      Haha
      I personally love the transfer market, though it can be annoyingly frustrating at times

The ITK"s have come out just in time for the summer, oh joy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35179: May 18, 2018 07:37:12 pm
      The ITK"s have come out just in time for the summer, oh joy

Ha they are so full of sh*t. I could reel a load of players off we’ve been linked with, say we won’t sign all of them but will get some, then suddenly be an ITK.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #35181: May 18, 2018 07:44:51 pm
      Why do people think that Twitter plonkers like Grizz Khan and Graeme Kelly have got the foggiest who the club are targeting.

They know as much as any one else on this forum!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35182: May 18, 2018 07:49:33 pm

Why do people think that Twitter plonkers like Grizz Khan and Graeme Kelly have got the foggiest who the club are targeting.

They know as much as any one else on this forum!

Tongue in cheek mate!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #35183: May 18, 2018 08:11:22 pm
      Haha, the lies we tell ourselves, right? Why would a footballer want to join a super rich club managed by the world's most famous manager where he's almost guaranteed to win trophies? They must be crazy! Only 100 points, what kind of joke is that? :D

Yeah, have fun indeed...

Yea have fun. Look at their season and look at ours...sure they walked the league, but they finished limping and don't look anywhere near the team they started as, and had we not had some initial issues, we could have been right up there with them. And that's with a mostly unlimited budget it took them to do that.

Yea I'm biased, but given the chance to play for us and work under Klopp or play for baldie who has to have unlimited resources to buy his success, I know where I'd want to ply my trade. Klopp himself said he only wants players that want to be at Liverpool (like Virgil). Imagine that...a player that turned down City to play for us instead (even after they had the league sewn up you might say too). So how could he possibly have chosen us over them...I guess that 100 points and the trophy just wasn't enough eh?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35184: May 18, 2018 08:25:03 pm
      Yea have fun. Look at their season and look at ours...sure they walked the league, but they finished limping and don't look anywhere near the team they started as, and had we not had some initial issues, we could have been right up there with them. And that's with a mostly unlimited budget it took them to do that.

Yea I'm biased, but given the chance to play for us and work under Klopp or play for baldie who has to have unlimited resources to buy his success, I know where I'd want to ply my trade. Klopp himself said he only wants players that want to be at Liverpool (like Virgil). Imagine that...a player that turned down City to play for us instead (even after they had the league sewn up you might say too). So how could he possibly have chosen us over them...I guess that 100 points and the trophy just wasn't enough eh?

Fair enough, it's a shame that where you would prefer to play is totally irrelevant though. As to where players would prefer to play though, Man City are still a far more attractive option than us.

You speak of walking the league and having the best ever points total seem banal, easy and almost unimportant. Doesnt even sound as if you support a team that hasnt won it in 28 years :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #35185: May 18, 2018 08:31:14 pm
      F**k loans

Why develop someone else's player
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35186: May 18, 2018 08:35:10 pm
      Fair enough, it's a shame that where you would prefer to play is totally irrelevant though. As to where players would prefer to play though, Man City are still a far more attractive option than us.

You speak of walking the league and having the best ever points total seem banal, easy and almost unimportant. Doesnt even sound as if you support a team that hasnt won it in 28 years :D

I personally dont get this, underachieve sh*t, they dominated in the strongest league, won the mickey mouse cup and reached QF of the CL whilst playing the best attacking football in the country (perhaps the world). 2/4 trophies (1 major) is pretty impressive even with what City spent imo.

Anyway, for all those biased people who don't understand why players would choose City over us, how about swapping Guardiola around with Klopp with us winning the league and Klopp winning CL at City, who would you pick? ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #35187: May 18, 2018 08:40:46 pm
      I personally dont get this, underachieve sh*t, they dominated in the strongest league, won the mickey mouse cup and reached QF of the CL whilst playing the best attacking football in the country (perhaps the world). 2/4 trophies (1 major) is pretty impressive even with what City spent imo.

Anyway, for all those biased people who don't understand why players would choose City over us, how about swapping Guardiola around with Klopp with us winning the league and Klopp winning CL at City, who would you pick? ;)

More pertinent do you think Guardiola would come to a club with a net average spend of £2OM a year?

That wouldn't even buy him one leg of the players he goes in for!

Don't want to denigrate anything that Pepp has managed this year but it's much easier when you have the spend equal to the GDP of a small country!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35188: May 18, 2018 08:50:28 pm
      More pertinent do you think Guardiola would come to a club with a net average spend of £2OM a year?

That wouldn't even buy him one leg of the players he goes in for!

Don't want to denigrate anything that Pepp has managed this year but it's much easier when you have the spend equal to the GDP of a small country!

Perhaps not, but what I should have said was, what if we were City and City us, how would the biased supporters see it? I bet my life they would choose to join us and Guardiola instead of Klopp and City :D

Side note, some seem to think we have the funds with Klopp refusing to spend, so if Guardiola came here, he would still spend the same ish as what he has spent at City ;) :D
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #35189: May 18, 2018 08:52:35 pm
      Speaking of Dembeles, how about Mousa, currently going into the last year of his contract with Spurs? Him in a holding role , with Hendo and Keita either side, would be quite a useful midfield 3.

Quick Reply