Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204754 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35397: May 29, 2018 12:19:59 pm
      I think another forward is essential actually (second only to a goalkeeper). So much of our game is reliant on pace and movement and we don't have that on the bench at all.

Agree 100%

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35398: May 29, 2018 12:42:32 pm
      When have I said I want bale?

I'll save you looking. I haven't

Well you said ‘stranger things have happened but won’t. I’m just saying, why bring that up in regards to signing Bale who we wouldn’t even want to begin with.

You didn’t mention his explicitly however did use his potential signing as a launchpad to have an attack on the owners
      Kopite78
      Reply #35399: May 29, 2018 12:45:15 pm
      Well you said ‘stranger things have happened but won’t. I’m just saying, why bring that up in regards to signing Bale who we wouldn’t even want to begin with.

You didn’t mention his explicitly however did use his potential signing as a launchpad to have an attack on the owners

Criticised them for never pushing the boat out.

Didn't say I want to sign bale. Just that they'd never sanction it anyway
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35400: May 29, 2018 12:48:44 pm
      Criticised them for never pushing the boat out.

Didn't say I want to sign bale. Just that they'd never sanction it anyway

Are you critical of the signing of Mo, how about VVD or Keita or even Fabinho?? What exactly are you critical of or do you just not like the AMERICAN owners no matter what they do?
      Bottom line they have always said they will only spend what the club generates and I think that's fair enough, it just so happens that the club now have a pretty big warchest to spend so it should be a very interesting summer but I'm sure you'll still find things to moan about.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35401: May 29, 2018 12:54:23 pm
      Are you critical of the signing of Mo, how about VVD or Keita or even Fabinho?? What exactly are you critical of or do you just not like the AMERICAN owners no matter what they do?
      Bottom line they have always said they will only spend what the club generates and I think that's fair enough, it just so happens that the club now have a pretty big warchest to spend so it should be a very interesting summer but I'm sure you'll still find things to moan about.

They haven't spent all the club generates

That's the point

I don't think you will find I'm a moaner in general..  but if I see something I'll say it.

You think they've spent every penny they can? Every penny we generate? They couldn't do any more?

I don't and I want them to give us the best chance possible. Then I'll thank them

Ive credited plenty they've done but I want to win.. soz like
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #35402: May 29, 2018 01:09:06 pm
      Aside from the Fekir rumour..

I'm hoping for #1 A top goalkeeper and #2 A top striker.

Goalkeeper has to be the priority, and it would be unbelievable if we do not get that sorted and resume the season with Karius No. 1 and Mignolet No. 2.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35403: May 29, 2018 01:13:35 pm

That's the point

I don't think you will find I'm a moaner in general..  but if I see something I'll say it.

You think they've spent every penny they can? Every penny we generate? They couldn't do any more?

I don't and I want them to give us the best chance possible. Then I'll thank them

Well there is also the factor that Jürgen will only sign players he wants, he won't just sign someone to please you. Klopp has time and time again said that he enough money to spend on transfers, why do you doubt him?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35404: May 29, 2018 01:17:02 pm
      Aside from the Fekir rumour..

I'm hoping for #1 A top goalkeeper and #2 A top striker.

Goalkeeper has to be the priority, and it would be unbelievable if we do not get that sorted and resume the season with Karius No. 1 and Mignolet No. 2.

Feel we need another CB as well. Lovren, as good as he’s been since VVD arrival, the brain farts are still happening at times. Matip I think had a very poor season, wasn’t impressed with him in the slightest and was a little relieved to see he wouldn’t be playing any further part this season, he just seemed completely out of place. Not to mention these injuries are happening more often with him. Klavan is another who has had a few injuries, wasn’t bad this season but the injuries are creeping up a bit too often. We could play Gomez at CB but again, he’s injury prone. We have 1 CB we can firmly rely upon and that’s not good enough so after a keeper, I think we should be going for another CB.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35405: May 29, 2018 01:28:12 pm
      Hmmm De Gea can't make forward pass, cause they play 1-10-0 formation all the time hahaha :)

You got point, but i have seen a lot of Oblak games and he is fantastic gk and sure one of 3 best in world (play for my national team).

Disappointed at your understanding. The point was not that those 2 arent good enough to pass around but just Alisson 'probably' does it more often, to Jürgen's liking. Hey, he is the boss!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #35406: May 29, 2018 01:35:40 pm
      Neil Jones says we are NOT interested in Thomas Lemar and will not be pursuing a deal for him.

So, Fekir and Pulisic then.. C'mon Michael!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #35407: May 29, 2018 01:56:38 pm
      I would hope that FSG would understand that a large (very large) expenditure this year to really bolster the base team we have will set us up to not have to spend £200m every summer thereafter, instead being able to focus on bringing in one or two really top quality players each window to build depth and supplement losses. The time to strike is now. We’ve shown what we are capable of, our draw for great players should be at its peak and if we spend big to get the eighth guys in it can set us up for years to come.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35408: May 29, 2018 02:05:17 pm
      I would hope that FSG would understand that a large (very large) expenditure this year to really bolster the base team we have will set us up to not have to spend £200m every summer thereafter, instead being able to focus on bringing in one or two really top quality players each window to build depth and supplement losses. The time to strike is now. We’ve shown what we are capable of, our draw for great players should be at its peak and if we spend big to get the eighth guys in it can set us up for years to come.

This is probably the best position we’ve been in financially for a long time, with the sale of Coutinho, the CL run and all other areas of income and not having a big spending over recent years. If we don’t make the most of it now then it will never happen under the current ownership IMO.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35409: May 29, 2018 02:06:04 pm

Spot on this.

Anyway you can get Henry to see it because i doubt he gets it!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35410: May 29, 2018 02:09:14 pm

Mate that was in answer to me..

I would like Bale, or should i have said a "Bale type player" someone that has pace and know how to find the net and can fit in any place in a front three
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #35411: May 29, 2018 02:21:37 pm
      Sort out the ???'s and will have been a great summer.  Get coverage for the ()'s and will have been immense.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________

(Firmino)
                Mane                                        Salah
                                            ???
                          Keita                     Fabinho

Robertson     Virgil               ???             Trent
                                            ???

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________

Bench: (Karius), Lovren, Gomez, Henderson, Chamberlain, ???, Brewster
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35412: May 29, 2018 02:22:25 pm

There's your answer. A couple weeks ago when i was discussing with him and he came back and said "you just defend your fellow yanks", i realized it's just a nationality thing and moved on. My guess is that he gushes over Levy at Spurs, despite them not paying anywhere near the amounts we do in fees and wages, but he's British.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #35413: May 29, 2018 02:26:37 pm
      Sort out the ???'s and will have been a great summer.  Get coverage for the ()'s and will have been immense.

(Firmino)
                                            ???

???

Not convinced we go for a CB as Klopp seems to speak very highly of Lovren, so right now i am thinking he's Virgil's partner going into next season. Fekir looks like a real possibility so he'd be in that CAM role.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #35414: May 29, 2018 02:43:04 pm
      I think we'll sign Allison, Fekir, a backup winger, and maybe a backup CB.

What a window that would be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #35415: May 29, 2018 03:07:48 pm
      I'll be long dead in the ground with my sandstone headstone long eroded before this twitter account ever gets anything right.

Praying for you here mate!! :laugh:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35416: May 29, 2018 03:10:23 pm
      I think we'll sign Allison, Fekir, a backup winger, and maybe a backup CB.

What a window that would be.

Would be insane, but how about Wilson? I reckon we should see how he does in pre-season before looking into a backup winger.

With the midfield we have now, I am confident we'll be ok with 2/4 (If we sign Fekir) of our first choice attacking players starting.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #35417: May 29, 2018 03:10:49 pm

That's the point

I reckon the first few years after the new stand is built, would be to recover construction/development costs. Beyond break even and once money keeps rolling in (including we fans got to keep spending and giving the club money) will we then see more transfer funds available. Of course progressing deep into the CL could speed up breakeven period and having more funds available faster.

Otherwise, wish that owners bankroll and new transfer money regularly. Which is like, it can't happen forever.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #35418: May 29, 2018 03:22:50 pm

(Firmino)
                                            ???

???

The '' ???'' you put in midfield is not necessesary. If we continue to play a 4-3-3 that ''???'' is the middle man, deeper in midfield and his name is Fabinho. To his sides there is Keita and Ox.

The second half of the season was the breakthrough for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Until his injury, he was considered as a starter by Klopp and a good one at that. His injury was felt until the very last game.

If we buy Fekir, then I might agree with you on us playing a 4-2-3-1, but until then, its a 4-3-3. No need to change it. Fanbinho actually makes this formation even more suitable.

Then again, we don't know what's in Klopp's mind. It's hard for me to see Klopp changing the 4-3-3 because of how the front 3 interact's in this formation and the freedom they get (especially in our team). You change that to a 4-2-3-1 and the defensive duty of the wingers suddenly become much bigger because you play with two midfielders so you can't have them stretch as much as in 4-3-3 to support the full-backs defensively.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #35419: May 29, 2018 07:11:22 pm
      The '' ???'' you put in midfield is not necessesary. If we continue to play a 4-3-3 that ''???'' is the middle man, deeper in midfield and his name is Fabinho. To his sides there is Keita and Ox.
      The second half of the season was the breakthrough for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Until his injury, he was considered as a starter by Klopp and a good one at that. His injury was felt until the very last game.
      If we buy Fekir, then I might agree with you on us playing a 4-2-3-1, but until then, its a 4-3-3. No need to change it. Fanbinho actually makes this formation even more suitable.
      Then again, we don't know what's in Klopp's mind. It's hard for me to see Klopp changing the 4-3-3 because of how the front 3 interact's in this formation and the freedom they get (especially in our team). You change that to a 4-2-3-1 and the defensive duty of the wingers suddenly become much bigger because you play with two midfielders so you can't have them stretch as much as in 4-3-3 to support the full-backs defensively.

I agree Chamberlain did really well after bedding into the team, but he's not a number 10. He adds pace and energy in the middle of the park, which along with Keita, is what we need against our challengers in the big games. 

Against the minnows in the league, thats not the area of the pitch we are looking to control. For the majority of the opposition in the league (~15+ teams) we need to be able to break down 11 men behind the ball. We need a number 10 or another attacking flair player to do that, as we failed to break down teams consistently this year which ultimately put us at fourth place.

Quick Reply