Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179640 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35420: May 29, 2018 08:19:32 pm
      Criticised them for never pushing the boat out.

Didn't say I want to sign bale. Just that they'd never sanction it anyway

Yes I know, my point is they shouldn't sanction it at all so it's a bit like.... What's the point even linking your point to signing Bale at all
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35421: May 30, 2018 12:49:21 am
      Why would you even want Bale? Yea he’ll score a world class goal now and again but he’ll be injured two thirds of the season and demand £600,000 a week to do it
      Not sure that is entirely accurate. Bale has 189 apps in his 5 season at madrid. That is an average of 37.5 games per season. He scored in around half of those. He is on less than 300k. I doubt we would pay wages that high, but he is actually worth the money for a team who will pay it. I'd rather have Bale on 15m a year than Solanke+Ings+Sturridge on a combined 10m a year, simply because they are unused and worthless to us right now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #35422: May 30, 2018 12:51:27 am
      Not sure that is entirely accurate. Bale has 189 apps in his 5 season at madrid. That is an average of 37.5 games per season. He scored in around half of those. He is on less than 300k. I doubt we would pay wages that high, but he is actually worth the money for a team who will pay it. I'd rather have Bale on 15m a year than Solanke+Ings+Sturridge on a combined 10m a year, simply because they are unused and worthless to us right now.

37 games in a team that has been playing 50-60 games for the last however many seasons. That's shocking for a player who cost as much as he did and is on as much as he is.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35423: May 30, 2018 12:57:35 am
      37 games in a team that has been playing 50-60 games for the last however many seasons. That's shocking for a player who cost as much as he did and is on as much as he is.
      Bale missed 14 games through injury this season, he is injured a bit more than average but he is far from a sick note. In an ideal situation there are multiple good options upfront so when one player is injured another can play. The problem is at Liverpool we have been wafer thin for so long, half our fans expect more from players than physically possible. I would say 40 games a season is the norm and bale at Madrid is just shy of that. Jordan Henderson is averaging on 37.4 at Liverpool in the last 5 seasons, so that should show contrast on Bales 37.5. This means Bale in the last 5 seasons at Madrid has more appearances than Henderson, so people can't really criticise Bale unless they want to do the same about Henderson.

People also don't play more because the get paid more usually, unless they are on a pay per game contract. Bale is being paid more than Henderson because of his quality, not quantity of games played.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2018 01:09:34 am by Ribapuru »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #35424: May 30, 2018 03:06:32 am
      I agree Chamberlain did really well after bedding into the team, but he's not a number 10. He adds pace and energy in the middle of the park, which along with Keita, is what we need against our challengers in the big games. 

Against the minnows in the league, thats not the area of the pitch we are looking to control. For the majority of the opposition in the league (~15+ teams) we need to be able to break down 11 men behind the ball. We need a number 10 or another attacking flair player to do that, as we failed to break down teams consistently this year which ultimately put us at fourth place.
      That's a very good and accurate point you bring as well as being a good way to look at it.

For those who think adding Lemar or Fekir or even both is complete nonsense and that we won't be able to give them the playing time they deserve this problem highlights why we will be able to do so. Of course, no need to even bring up the insane amount of games a PL team play especially when you add European football to that already big plate.

This, however, means that Klopp truly needs his signings done the earliest possible because if we consider that the 4-3-3 would remain his go-to formation for the majority of his games, then you have to take into account that the team has to be able to switch tactics between or even during games and execute the 4-2-3-1 as well as they do the 4-3-3.

It might sound like nothing to worry about, but like I mentioned, the two systems are really different and change quite drastically the responsibilities  (both offensively and defensively) of some players as well as how they behave on the pitch (main reason I'm skeptical about believing Klopp would want to switch between tactics like that).

Mane and Salah won't give you the defensive support you need in a 4-2-3-1 without losing some of their attacking potency or risk being burned out by February if not injured by then. Remember Chelsea's 4-2-3-1 under Mourinho. The main reason Willian absolutely gave Salah no chance to take his place was the fact that he was very good at supporting his full-back and of course Mourinho was never going to sacrifice defense for offense. Salah and Mane can help you defensively, but it won't be this good. Also, the 2 CDMs have very sensitive roles that require a lot of talent and versatility.

All in all, whatever Klopp has in mind, my main wish is that we conclude all or the majority of our transfer business early. A full pre-season makes all the difference. Imagine Ox had a full pre-season and started the season close to the level he was in the second half.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35425: May 30, 2018 07:54:22 am

I think his injury issues have been the last 2 years so that would have taken that average down? He will be on £300,000 flat fee but I bet there’s a few other fees in there for appearances etc
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #35426: May 30, 2018 08:54:46 am
      I think his injury issues have been the last 2 years so that would have taken that average down? He will be on £300,000 flat fee but I bet there’s a few other fees in there for appearances etc

Madrid pay his tax so he is on £600K a week!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35427: May 30, 2018 09:41:37 am

Bloody hell that is a LOT of money for an impact sub, having said that what an impact he had :-(
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35428: May 30, 2018 10:54:58 am

oh. This is something that I didn't know. It would make sense because there is a string of la liga players who got into legal messes. I'd say Bale would be worth 250k and that's with him paying his own taxes.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #35429: May 30, 2018 11:01:21 am

I'l bet that at least half the people say that he is injury prone advocate keeping Sturridge who has a worse injury record than Bale...  :roll:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35430: May 30, 2018 11:33:54 am
      I'l bet that at least half the people say that he is injury prone advocate keeping Sturridge who has a worse injury record than Bale...  :roll:

Sturridge didn’t cost over 80mill and on 300k+ a week. Not actually sure how this goes back to Sturridge though, especially when I haven’t seen anyone saying we should keep him for another season...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35431: May 30, 2018 12:02:27 pm
      Can we stop talking about Gareth F***ing Bale people.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35432: May 30, 2018 12:03:05 pm
      FSG wont splash the cash like City or UTD and Jürgen will only buy players who are redy for the next step in their careers orplayers who look hungry and need a second chance its maybe not what we wanted but if it works great.
      Look at Andy, Trent,Dejan,Bobby,Sane,Mo,Ox and I could go on because all these players have made big improvements under Jürgen I think this is what motivates him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #35433: May 30, 2018 06:34:38 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #35434: May 30, 2018 06:41:37 pm
      I've changed my mind about Bale over the years. Used to think he was overrated but he is top quality.

Don't think he's for us though and pretty sure we wouldn't go for him anyway.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #35435: May 30, 2018 06:50:04 pm

Lewandowski
          Mane                                    Salah

Fekir

Fabinho         Keita

:f_doh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35436: May 30, 2018 07:15:09 pm

Lewandowski

Fekir

Fabinho         Keita

Until Lewandoski works as hard as Firmino to win the ball back, I'll pass.

Now if you want to put them both on the pitch at the same time, I'm down.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #35437: May 30, 2018 07:29:53 pm

Lewandowski

Firmino          Fekir

Fabinho    Henderson     Keita

Robertson   Van Dijk

Oblak

Don’t act like it doesn’t make sense.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #35438: May 30, 2018 07:32:33 pm

Won’t be us. Klopp has managed him already hasn’t he? Remember Klopp saying he won’t sign players he’s previously worked with.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #35439: May 30, 2018 08:26:30 pm
      Hope we sign 2 or 3 more players that no journo or in the know jokers  have not linked us to. I love that
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #35440: May 30, 2018 08:43:46 pm
      Until Lewandoski works as hard as Firmino to win the ball back, I'll pass.

Now if you want to put them both on the pitch at the same time, I'm down.

With that line-up, we won't need to worry about winning the ball back. They'll gift it to us. 😁
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #35441: May 30, 2018 09:18:40 pm
      https://twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1001580723378184192

ITK's showing 'restraint' and not tweeting about signings now it appears. ;D

I've heard it all now.

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #35442: May 30, 2018 09:56:33 pm

Lewandowski

Fekir

Fabinho         Keita

Bobby is better for our team I think

Quick Reply