Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178952 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #35903: Jun 20, 2018 11:09:24 am
      I don't think it's a Jürgen thing as opposed to a football thing Si

I said yesterday Real Madrids top outlay on a keeper is €10m who is their 56th highest transfer
      Barcelonas is €13m and their 47th highest transfer

I just don't see anyone other than city or psg who's money is limitless spending the near on £90m on a keeper

if Allison goes this summer I bet the fee is nearer the ederson fee last summer than the Oblak buy out

Fair point but I think if Jürgen was at PSG I still don't see him spending £90M on a keeper.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35904: Jun 20, 2018 11:12:30 am
      I don't think it's a Jürgen thing as opposed to a football thing Si

I said yesterday Real Madrids top outlay on a keeper is €10m who is their 56th highest transfer
      Barcelonas is €13m and their 47th highest transfer

I just don't see anyone other than city or psg who's money is limitless spending the near on £90m on a keeper

if Allison goes this summer I bet the fee is nearer the ederson fee last summer than the Oblak buy out

Well, they just broke that record on a 19 year old who is gonna be back-up.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35905: Jun 20, 2018 11:16:57 am
      Fair point but I think if Jürgen was at PSG I still don't see him spending £90M on a keeper.

That's why I'd never see Jürgen at a psg because he wouldn't have the control he likes

Well, they just broke that record on a 19 year old who is gonna be back-up.

Missed that..  who is it?
      Bet it's not 90m though?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35906: Jun 20, 2018 11:31:34 am
      Missed that..  who is it?
      Bet it's not 90m though?

Andriy Lunin. The apparent teenage sensation who no one has watched but everyone has declared better than Buffon and Casillas combined :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35907: Jun 20, 2018 12:37:25 pm
      Personally, I could see him being a liability in our system. Much, much rather get William Carvalho from Sporting on a free if we don't end up having to pay any/much compensation. But yeah, I think Wilshere could forge out a reasonable remainder of his career at a club like Palace, if they can keep their players like Zaha, Van Aanholt, and Milivojevic. Probably end up on an inflated salary at a place like West Ham or Everton though haha.

Not really that interested in Wilshere myself, but remember we have to be mindful of registration rules for English-trained players i a squad of 25. Teams can't just sign a squad of nothing but players from abroad.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #35908: Jun 20, 2018 12:51:26 pm
      Realistic players I think we should sign this Summer:

GK: Nick Pope
      CB: Jamaal Lascelles
      AM: Alexsandr Golovin
      LW: Hirving Lozano
      RW: Gelson Martins

All really good squad players that will improve us significantly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35909: Jun 20, 2018 01:36:38 pm
      Realistic players I think we should sign this Summer:

GK: Nick Pope
      CB: Jamaal Lascelles
      AM: Alexsandr Golovin
      LW: Hirving Lozano
      RW: Gelson Martins

All really good squad players that will improve us significantly.

I'd rather buy a couple quality guys that push current starters to the bench to fill our squad.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35910: Jun 20, 2018 01:45:01 pm
      Not really that interested in Wilshere myself, but remember we have to be mindful of registration rules for English-trained players i a squad of 25. Teams can't just sign a squad of nothing but players from abroad.

Of course. But at the moment we're not in too bad shape. We have Henderson, Ox, Lallana, Milner, Clyne, Ings, Sturridge, and Ward as homegrown players, and Gomez, TAA, and Solanke considered U21s and exempt, but would be promoted into those registration places in the coming years.

So if Milner leaves at the end of his contract this year, his registration place would likely be taken by Gomez who will no longer be counted as U21. If we sign homegrown Pope to replace Mignolet, we'd be able to free up another slot for a potentially better foreign player in an outfield position.

Unless one of our youth players is ready to step up to be our third keeper, it makes sense to keep homegrown Ward in that role. Ings and Sturridge have question marks over their futures at the club, so they'd be the only spots we'd need to replace this year if they left and we don't sign Pope. By the time Lallana may end up moving on, his place would likely be filled by Solanke or TAA when they're of age.

So we're doing alright, and there are no dire vacancies coming up from ageing players that wouldn't be filled by our youngsters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35911: Jun 20, 2018 02:33:25 pm
      Mignolet is without doubt the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. He should be nowhere near this club.

Still think Charlie Itandje wins that award!!

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35912: Jun 20, 2018 02:46:07 pm
      ;D I just watched that "long passing" compilation from Karius that someone posted and it's not impressive *at all*. This is trying really hard to show a side to his game that doesn't exist (at least up to now). Standard floated long kicks for our players to contest the ball, rarely one with pinpoint accuracy to a specific player.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35913: Jun 20, 2018 03:03:34 pm
      Karius' long kicking is legendary when compared to clown shows like Schmeichel who could not keep the ball on the field when he played against us  ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35914: Jun 20, 2018 03:07:32 pm
      speaking of Goalkeepers what happened to Danny Ward he did really well at Huddersfield and has disappeared since coming back here.
      I haven't seen a goalkeeper yet who looks mistake free

What happened is that Jürgen took a look at him and decided he's worse than Migs and Karius, END OF STORY. Forget Ward.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35915: Jun 20, 2018 03:29:38 pm
      Of course. But at the moment we're not in too bad shape. We have Henderson, Ox, Lallana, Milner, Clyne, Ings, Sturridge, and Ward as homegrown players, and Gomez, TAA, and Solanke considered U21s and exempt, but would be promoted into those registration places in the coming years.

So if Milner leaves at the end of his contract this year, his registration place would likely be taken by Gomez who will no longer be counted as U21. If we sign homegrown Pope to replace Mignolet, we'd be able to free up another slot for a potentially better foreign player in an outfield position.

Unless one of our youth players is ready to step up to be our third keeper, it makes sense to keep homegrown Ward in that role. Ings and Sturridge have question marks over their futures at the club, so they'd be the only spots we'd need to replace this year if they left and we don't sign Pope. By the time Lallana may end up moving on, his place would likely be filled by Solanke or TAA when they're of age.
      So we're doing alright, and there are no dire vacancies coming up from ageing players that wouldn't be filled by our youngsters.

Ings, Sturridge and Ward are probably gonzo, almost definitely the first two You don't want to include the U21s in the 25 if you don't have to, and I expect Grabara will be our third keeper this year as a U21. I get what you say about  Pope but I have no idea if that deal is anything more than paper talk.

So I disagree about doing alright, but I guess in the end we won't know until we see what else the management team does this summer. We might even be done for the window.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35916: Jun 20, 2018 03:47:36 pm

Patrice luzi, old peggy sue arphexad
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #35917: Jun 20, 2018 03:54:38 pm
      Ings, Sturridge and Ward are probably gonzo, almost definitely the first two You don't want to include the U21s in the 25 if you don't have to, and I expect Grabara will be our third keeper this year as a U21. I get what you say about  Pope but I have no idea if that deal is anything more than paper talk.

So I disagree about doing alright, but I guess in the end we won't know until we see what else the management team does this summer. We might even be done for the window.

Has Grabara been progressing that well? I didn't realise it was enough to take that role. If so, then most definitely would free up another registration slot. Ha still don't think we'd be keen to pay Wilshere the wage he'd want though (or that he'd want to come to us to work his ass off on the few occasions he'd actually make our midfield rotation). I think the positions we should consider most for homegrown additions are GK (starting or backup), LB (rotation), or W (rotation). If Ings and/or Sturridge leave, then S (rotation). But it's not definite that there will be interested clubs who'd be willing to meet our transfer valuation and the wage demands of these two, so one or two of them may remain.

And, don't worry, I just mean alright. I don't mean great. But I don't feel like we're in a particularly concerning position in regards to that. Especially because we are likely to have 3-5 U21s in the rotation. And if we hit on our last couple of foreign slots, we'll be just fine  :)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35918: Jun 20, 2018 03:56:11 pm

Has Bogdan ever played a league game for us? he is brutal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35919: Jun 20, 2018 04:35:23 pm
      Has Bogdan ever played a league game for us? he is brutal.

Never needed him to, thank the lord :laugh: Just the odd League Cup appearance. Still never understood why we bought him.

Itandje was another level type of sh*te, absolutely F***ing awful in the Barnsley FA Cup game he played in.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35920: Jun 20, 2018 04:36:44 pm
      Patrice luzi, old peggy sue arphexad

I'm not having they were worse than old Charlie boy.

Kopite78
      Reply #35921: Jun 20, 2018 04:46:59 pm
      Never needed him to, thank the lord :laugh: Just the odd League Cup appearance. Still never understood why we bought him.

Itandje was another level type of sh*te, absolutely f**king awful in the Barnsley FA Cup game he played in.

I mean probably good on you but don't you remember his only league game? Away at Watford when he throws one in from a corner in the first few minutes and we lose 3-0

And then I have the memory of him letting one in direct from a corner in a cup game 👀
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35922: Jun 20, 2018 04:59:36 pm
      I'm not having they were worse than old Charlie boy.

Didn't he play v havant and waterlooville
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35923: Jun 20, 2018 05:03:12 pm
      Don’t think we should be as hard-headed as that, mate.

There are plenty of keepers worthy of making us immediately better. We would be silly to ignore them.

I’m not sure. None really spring to mind. Oblak and maybe Allison seem like good choices but world football isn’t littered with excellent keepers at the moment that I’m aware of.

I’m happy enough with Karius staying on but if someone else comes in then also happy for them to have a chance.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #35924: Jun 20, 2018 05:13:18 pm
      I’m not sure. None really spring to mind. Oblak and maybe Allison seem like good choices but world football isn’t littered with excellent keepers at the moment that I’m aware of.

I’m happy enough with Karius staying on but if someone else comes in then also happy for them to have a chance.

The "i want Karius out at all costs" crew see a goalie playing for a defensive team protected by a deep back 4 and think "see? he IS better!" but in reality the team needs to be very careful on how to they judge these players that are protected by a defense-first set up and constantly have a deep 4, or 5, playing right in front of them. Playing for Liverpool would be like a total different game for them and we cannot afford to make a move and be the wrong one.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35925: Jun 20, 2018 05:23:27 pm
      I mean probably good on you but don't you remember his only league game? Away at Watford when he throws one in from a corner in the first few minutes and we lose 3-0

And then I have the memory of him letting one in direct from a corner in a cup game 👀

Ah yes, vs Exeter in the 3rd round> Welcome to the horror show part of the thread:
      https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lfz7y

Quick Reply