Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179683 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36018: Jun 30, 2018 11:32:26 am
      Would anyone be genuinely excited if our club spent more than we received for Coutinho on a player like Asensio, knowing we likely wouldn't buy anyone else this year, nor much next year? 180 mil is a HUGE investment for a player who isn't an established world class player, and a huge RISK.

Considering for the same combined fee, we could probably buy Amine Harit, Malcom, Leon Bailey, Moses Simon, David Neres, Steven Bergwijn, and Nick Pope, I'd much rather we invest such money in those kinds of players for the next few years.

With our manager and our system (but without the cash of the world's top 5 clubs), we should be developing rotational players to challenge for first team spots, and then sell those who can't (and want first team football) for profit. Clubs like Chelsea and Juventus are great examples of ones that do this well.

We must also recognise that if we have another blinder season or two, it is unlikely we'll be able to keep all our top players like Salah or Firmino on 150-200k when Madrid and Co can offer 300-400k. It's very unlikely we'll inflate our wage budget that high that soon, so we need to be grooming the potential replacements within our system ASAP, or I could totally see us losing 2 or 3 of our best in the next couple of years, and going from challenging for titles back to battling for CL qualification.

So let's be cautious about what we truly wish for please.
      Mate; you Can hardly hold Chelsea up as a great example. They sold Kevin De Bruyne and Juan Mata, but i get your point...

We don't know how good Asensio would be for the club, but should he turn out to be a World Class player then the money than Real are demanding would look more favorable, but lets see what they are willing to take first before we judge...

But having said that we need to look further afield, South American countries for the Bragins
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2018 11:51:03 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36019: Jun 30, 2018 03:25:03 pm
      Mate; you Can hardly hold Chelsea up as a great example. They sold Kevin De Bruyne and Juan Mata, but i get your point...

We don't know how good Asensio would be for the club, but should he turn out to be a World Class player then the money than Real are demanding would look more favorable, but lets see what they are willing to take first before we judge...

But having said that we knew to look further afield, South American countries for the Bragins

Oh they've all let good players go they perhaps shouldn't have, but yes Chelsea perhaps more than the others. One could definitely argue that that may have been more the influence of the manager than club. But buying promising young players and selling for profit (even many who have barely, or at all, played for first team, has served them well financially. We could do a much better job at that then them, because we have plenty of room for some rotational fresh blood, plus our system can make the right types of players look extremely dangerous.

And you're right, we don't know how great he'll be yet. But when not a 180 mil buying club. Not yet. And we're definitely not one that spends that for a prospect. Unless we're talking about Mbappe, because he IS the real deal! Asensio's real value is more like 70-90 mil. Personally, if I managed Liverpool, I probably wouldn't even pay that at this stage. But I obviously wouldn't feel totally disappointed in them for securing him for such a price. Just think there are better value targets out there likely to work harder in our system.
      Mrgvnfay
      Reply #36020: Jun 30, 2018 06:07:07 pm
      2 more quality players & were good to go.................
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36021: Jun 30, 2018 06:51:57 pm
      Well PSG seem happy with Mbappe after paying £166 million for a 19 year old.

Proved it today v the Argies.
      (Mind you another PSG player and ex Manc di Maria's goal was something else.)
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36022: Jun 30, 2018 08:14:08 pm
      Proved it today v the Argies.
      (Mind you another PSG player and ex Manc di Maria's goal was something else.)

But apart from his goal Di Maria was woeful some of the worst crossing I have ever seen from a wide man.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36023: Jun 30, 2018 11:54:13 pm
      Liverpool have resumed talks with Lyon over a deal for attacking midfielder Nabil Fekir, 24.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-resume-nabil-fekir-transfer-12824707
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36024: Jul 01, 2018 07:58:07 am
      As if signing Asensio is a debate :D
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36025: Jul 01, 2018 09:58:36 am
      As if signing Asensio is a debate :D

I don't see it for the price quoted, he reminds me of suso who granted is doing well in a slower league but as said before I would take Mahrez first.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #36026: Jul 01, 2018 10:11:28 am
      I have honestly no idea why people think we are spending £160 Million on anyone - we only spent £120 on the new stand..!

Personally I would rather we looked at other players, there are plenty out there and the less business we do with Real (and Barca) the better in my opinion. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36027: Jul 01, 2018 12:02:26 pm
      I have honestly no idea why people think we are spending £160 Million on anyone - we only spent £120 on the new stand..!

Personally I would rather we looked at other players, there are plenty out there and the less business we do with Real (and Barca) the better in my opinion. 

I want the best players for us. Asensio is that.

Not that I think we’ll sign him because Madrid would be mad to sell. But F**k if he’s available then get in the van!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36028: Jul 01, 2018 01:14:19 pm
      Oh they've all let good players go they perhaps shouldn't have, but yes Chelsea perhaps more than the others. One could definitely argue that that may have been more the influence of the manager than club. But buying promising young players and selling for profit (even many who have barely, or at all, played for first team, has served them well financially. We could do a much better job at that then them, because we have plenty of room for some rotational fresh blood, plus our system can make the right types of players look extremely dangerous.

And you're right, we don't know how great he'll be yet. But when not a 180 mil buying club. Not yet. And we're definitely not one that spends that for a prospect. Unless we're talking about Mbappe, because he IS the real deal! Asensio's real value is more like 70-90 mil. Personally, if I managed Liverpool, I probably wouldn't even pay that at this stage. But I obviously wouldn't feel totally disappointed in them for securing him for such a price. Just think there are better value targets out there likely to work harder in our system.

Gen' I am am not happy with paying more than £100m for any player. One miss timed tackle and the money can end up down down the drain. But sometimes you have to make that commitment to show the Clubs intent and ambition...

The point that I was making to you was let's see first how much Real really wants/ are willing to except before we say it is to much and if it is really
      Asensio's intent to leave 
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36029: Jul 01, 2018 05:22:45 pm
      Anyone watching the Spain match Asensio no thank you very much Aspas offered more than the lad, as for over 100 million only Isco Looked that kind of player on show.

Well.aspas missed the last pen
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018 05:43:12 pm by Biscanator »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36030: Jul 01, 2018 05:51:03 pm
      Asensio is a far better player than what we saw in this WC.

But he looks nowhere near worth £160 million.

We can sign four potential Salah's for that!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36031: Jul 01, 2018 07:38:28 pm
      Mignolet will go ,Sturridge will go, Ings will go, Flanagan has gone that's four less for Jürgen to pick from and our squad was already thin so we have to be far more active over the coming 2 months otherwise we will find the run in difficult again
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36032: Jul 01, 2018 07:46:59 pm
      Anyone watching the Spain match Asensio no thank you very much Aspas offered more than the lad, as for over 100 million only Isco Looked that kind of player on show.

Well.aspas missed the last pen
      Bit like saying Messi did not show much in the WC so he must not be that good
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36033: Jul 01, 2018 07:52:51 pm

Nope, Messi was immense yesterday by far the stand our Argentinean on show felt sorry for the lad he did everything he could of. As for the 11 players starting for Spain for the 104 minutes he was on Asensio didn't make me think....wow he's a player not once.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36034: Jul 01, 2018 09:03:59 pm
      Nope, Messi was immense yesterday by far the stand our Argentinean on show felt sorry for the lad he did everything he could of. As for the 11 players starting for Spain for the 104 minutes he was on Asensio didn't make me think....wow he's a player not once.

How was he immense? He literally spent most of the game strolling around and sulking. Actually, he spent most of their time in the tournament doing that. I don’t like Ronaldo but at least he was trying to rally his team and put some effort in. Messi was just giving off a ‘poor old me’ vibe.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36035: Jul 01, 2018 09:06:04 pm

Or that El Hadji Diouf was a boss player because he had a good World Cup....
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36036: Jul 01, 2018 09:51:20 pm
      How was he immense? He literally spent most of the game strolling around and sulking. Actually, he spent most of their time in the tournament doing that. I don’t like Ronaldo but at least he was trying to rally his team and put some effort in. Messi was just giving off a ‘poor old me’ vibe.

Wow, shows how this game is about opinions...Ronaldo was an old man in the last game he never took anyone on "because he couldnt" never tracked back " because he couldnt" only thing he did was pull his shirts up at a free kick. If you HONESTLY think Ronaldo did more in his last game than Messi did in his.... I think we shouldn't speak regards football.

Just to edit I don't like both players just say what I see.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36037: Jul 01, 2018 09:55:09 pm

Ronaldo spent the entire Uruguay game stood on the penalty spot
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36038: Jul 01, 2018 09:57:56 pm
      Ronaldo spent the entire Uruguay game stood on the penalty spot

Exaclty he was terrible in that game Messi nearly single handed got his very average side back in it in his game.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36039: Jul 01, 2018 11:04:22 pm
      Or that El Hadji Diouf was a boss player because he had a good World Cup....
      He was  :f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36040: Jul 01, 2018 11:14:44 pm
      Exaclty he was terrible in that game Messi nearly single handed got his very average side back in it in his game.

Ronaldo and Messi also don’t play the same position and weren’t for their prospective teams/setups.

Quick Reply