Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207204 times
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36087: Jul 04, 2018 07:54:58 am
      Typed out a long post only for it to not load FFS :D

Anyways, on paper a trio of Lallana, Fabinho and Naby compliment each other. Naby and Fab play behind the ball and Lallana pushes up between the opposition lines to offer an option in the attacking third. I think it's going to be the perfect combination for us to protect our defence and allow the front three to shine.

As in a 4-2-3-1 with Fabinho and Keita as the two and Lallana in between Salah and Mane in the 3? I'd definitely see that as our tweaked alternative formation more often than us going to a back three.

But I reckon we'll predominantly continue with our 4-3-3, which Man City will likely continue using to. Fabinho could do the Fernandinho role, Keita the De Bruyne, and Lallana the David Silva (although I suspect Ox to be there when fit, despite being more explosive rather than flair).

I'd expect Hendo to be the main rotation for both Fabinho and Keita, with obviously Gini and Milner adding to that.

Still, we've got some interesting competition for places coming up, especially if we bring in Fekir or another classy #10.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36088: Jul 04, 2018 11:07:13 am
      As in a 4-2-3-1 with Fabinho and Keita as the two and Lallana in between Salah and Mane in the 3? I'd definitely see that as our tweaked alternative formation more often than us going to a back three.

But I reckon we'll predominantly continue with our 4-3-3, which Man City will likely continue using to. Fabinho could do the Fernandinho role, Keita the De Bruyne, and Lallana the David Silva (although I suspect Ox to be there when fit, despite being more explosive rather than flair).

I'd expect Hendo to be the main rotation for both Fabinho and Keita, with obviously Gini and Milner adding to that.

Still, we've got some interesting competition for places coming up, especially if we bring in Fekir or another classy #10.

Nah, still in our 4-3-3 shape we used last season. Essentially Fab for Hendo, Naby for Gini and Lallana for Ox (to start with).

Instead of Hendo as the lone holding-midfielder looking to feed the fullbacks and those ahead of him, I think we'll see Fab take over that role and Naby play a bit more reserved than the likes of Milner or Gini when they played in midfield. The way we have two midfielders behind the ball a lot of the time instead of just one and offer ourselves a bit more protection when we lose it.

Having Naby move up the pitch progressively rather than starting from an advanced position will help us carve out space a little better, too.

Really excited to see it in action. I think they're the two positions I wanted to see us make a move in more than any other.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36089: Jul 04, 2018 11:26:26 am
      I see Lallana as an option from the bench but I agree he will be used until we get Ox back although I'd rather go with Gini as first option. I honestly don't get this love for Adam, he's ok but we have better players now.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #36090: Jul 04, 2018 02:45:15 pm
      I see Lallana as an option from the bench but I agree he will be used until we get Ox back although I'd rather go with Gini as first option. I honestly don't get this love for Adam, he's ok but we have better players now.

In the front of the midfield 3 Lallana all day
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #36091: Jul 04, 2018 03:06:21 pm
      In the front of the midfield 3 Lallana all day

As part of it, or literally in front of it?

If you're on about having a 3 man midfield with Adam in front essentially making it a 4 I can't see it happening.

Can't really see us dropping a defender or one of the front three.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #36092: Jul 04, 2018 04:05:31 pm
      As part of it, or literally in front of it?

If you're on about having a 3 man midfield with Adam in front essentially making it a 4 I can't see it happening.

Can't really see us dropping a defender or one of the front three.

No I mean as part of the three at the tip
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36093: Jul 04, 2018 05:21:14 pm
      Lallana brings balance to the side he is genuinely two footed and can play anywhere along the front line, he struggled after injury last season but if he can get his form back he's an excellent t player to have for both club and country.
      He works hard, But at the end of the day he has no end product to his play...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36094: Jul 04, 2018 05:25:25 pm
      Couldn't get in a piss poor west brom team, says a lot
      He was scoring for them early season, and got injuried
      Kopite78
      Reply #36095: Jul 04, 2018 05:37:09 pm

That's just plainly not true
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #36096: Jul 04, 2018 06:08:15 pm
      He has a product, but after being injured it takes a few games for it to return.
      Problem is we can't wait that long so if he gets injured, he stays on the bench until there's nobody else.
      I feel like he gets injured too much, so I would get rid of Lallana.
      His contract is up in 2020, there's no point in renewing it so we should just sell.
      Lozano looks good, he'd be ideal as a replacement.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #36097: Jul 04, 2018 07:51:27 pm

His ability to get the ball on either foot and spin in either direction  has led to many an attacking move resulting in a goal, it's why assist stats are so useless in my opinion, I mean how far do you go back? Heard Hoddle describe him as a roll Royce of a player due to his ability to turn either way and play a pass keeping attacking moves flowing, got to say I agree with him.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #36098: Jul 04, 2018 09:28:25 pm
      This is not an ITK or promoting an ITK but Graeme Kelly stating medical done today announcement tomorrow of who I haven't a clue, just posting as if it's Bollox anotherr one we can cross off the list, forgive me if he's already been outed as a lying Spoon before.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #36099: Jul 04, 2018 09:34:18 pm
      This is not an ITK or promoting an ITK but Graeme Kelly stating medical done today announcement tomorrow of who I haven't a clue, just posting as if it's Bollox anotherr one we can cross off the list, forgive me if he's already been outed as a lying Spoon before.
      Shaqiri
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36100: Jul 04, 2018 11:25:35 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36101: Jul 04, 2018 11:28:33 pm
      He has a product, but after being injured it takes a few games for it to return.
      Problem is we can't wait that long so if he gets injured, he stays on the bench until there's nobody else.
      I feel like he gets injured too much, so I would get rid of Lallana.
      His contract is up in 2020, there's no point in renewing it so we should just sell.
      Lozano looks good, he'd be ideal as a replacement.
      Even before his injuries he have very little in terms end of  product
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36102: Jul 04, 2018 11:31:10 pm
      His ability to get the ball on either foot and spin in either direction  has led to many an attacking move resulting in a goal, it's why assist stats are so useless in my opinion, I mean how far do you go back? Heard Hoddle describe him as a roll Royce of a player due to his ability to turn either way and play a pass keeping attacking moves flowing, got to say I agree with him.
      I remember SAF say that Charlie Adam was worth x amount for his corners a long... Maybe we should have kept him..??  :f_tongueincheek:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36103: Jul 05, 2018 12:01:49 am
      Btw, how off topic have we all been?! It's become more or less a tactical discussion thread :D Bloody lazy admins!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36104: Jul 05, 2018 12:04:10 am
      Btw, how off topic have we all been?! It's become more or less a tactical discussion thread :D Bloody lazy admins!

Lack of any decent gossip!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36105: Jul 05, 2018 03:14:51 am

Definitely.

He doesn’t even need to create, but act as a pivot for transition and be able to work in tight spaces to allow others some freedom.

If he has a solid pre season I think he’ll be a huge figure for us early in the regular season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36106: Jul 05, 2018 12:36:34 pm

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #36107: Jul 05, 2018 10:29:24 pm
      Ohh how I wish some of the tabloid BS were true.  Apparently we're in for Dybala as Juventus are considering selling to free up cash for an inbound 33 year old Ronaldo.  Dybala as cover for Bobby or an option off the bench would be orgasmic.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36108: Jul 05, 2018 10:59:57 pm

If it's between this guy and Shaquiri, I'll never be happier at our signing a 16-year old right back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36109: Jul 05, 2018 11:00:31 pm
      Ohh how I wish some of the tabloid BS were true.  Apparently we're in for Dybala as Juventus are considering selling to free up cash for an inbound 33 year old Ronaldo.  Dybala as cover for Bobby or an option off the bench would be orgasmic.

If anybody thinks I'm going to get excited by some bullshit like that then they're F***ing bang on the b***ard money.

Quick Reply