Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211694 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36294: Jul 19, 2018 09:58:17 am
      It would improve my looks... And hear its great for the omplexion  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #36295: Jul 19, 2018 09:59:59 am

My point...
      The fact that a bid as been excepted for Allison means nothing until  he signs a contract

I think in the modern world of football it's very unlikely that the buying club hasn't been given the green light that the player will come and almost inevitable that the agent hasn't already given the club a ball park figure of what terms would be needed

We wouldnt be going all out with Roma without that in the football world of 2018
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36296: Jul 19, 2018 10:00:33 am
      I'm just thinking starting lineup needs as most important. By the end of next year's Summer window at the latest, there should be no more ifs and buts about our starting players. Bringing in 3 starters in Keita, Fabinho, and Alisson this window has been great. Succeeding in bringing in Fekir would make it (kind of) a 4th (as I see him rotating between being a mid in the games we need and rotating for Salah/Mane, but still playing plenty of games).

This still leaves a question mark over that 2nd CB, more so than any doubt over Firmino being ineffective for us in a key game. The CL final, beyond the keeper mistakes and Salah injury, was a collective temperament and leadership issue. Everyone was relatively flat. No one seemed to have the courage and capacity to take the game by the horns. I think Keita and Fabinho (and especially Fekir) in midfield would have made the bigger difference in ensuring that tone hadn't eventuated in the first place, rather than just having a pacy striker who might have also not found himself in the game.

I understand your concern about depth and variety of options there, but I'd still put it behind getting a reliable starting CB to partner VVD. The way I see it, unreliable defenders can make you lose games with their mistakes. Unreliable attackers can make multiple mistakes but not necessarily cost you the game.

Still unsure if the Fekir deal is still on, but I imagine any other deal (and perhaps that one itself) will only come after offloading some of the likes of Ings, Origi, Markovic, and Mignolet etc. So I don't know if we'll be getting anyone new in for either position.

I'm kind of hoping for even a slight Sturridge renaissance. As critical as I've been about the Shaqiri signing (more to do with the other players we could've signed), I actually think he could do a role for us all along that front three.

But this has certainly been one of the most positively proactive transfer windows I've seen as a fan in improving our starting 11, so one has to be happy after what we've suffered through before. We'll be seriously challenging for the title this year.

Almost forgotten we signed Shaqiri
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36297: Jul 19, 2018 10:14:47 am
      Seen no links but only know he's a free agent.

Was he in the German squad at the WC?

Pretty sure he hasn't had a senior national team appearance for a couple years. Not sure if he's been in many squads since. As I said, he's been a bit flat of late, not quite hitting the "heights" of others from his class like Goretzka and Draxler, hence why no one seems to have met his agent's wage demands.

He definitely wouldn't be anywhere near Fekir's level when it comes to taking players on, but he can pick a forward pass (especially through balls), and I reckon Klopp's system would make him look better than he has ever looked to date.

Get him for free, useful squad player, make him look good, move him on for a decent fee if other prospects end up beating him out for key rotational roles. Any likely fee would cover the wage demands he seems to be asking for too. Minimal risk.

So I was wondering if anyone heard if there was something else up with him that's delayed a move anywhere.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #36298: Jul 19, 2018 11:02:47 am
      Great business to date and that MAY be it for the summer.  Were we to sign Fekir and a good CB (Lovren's not the man to partner VVD if we have serious aspirations IMO), that would be the perfect window, but I'm maybe being a bit greedy here!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36299: Jul 19, 2018 12:11:31 pm
      Alisson to us, Courtois to Madrid, Schmeichel to Chelsea and Danny Ward to Leicester after they approached for him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36300: Jul 19, 2018 12:18:20 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #36301: Jul 19, 2018 12:22:53 pm

So i assume Karius will be the No2, quite clear Klopp never rated Danny.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36302: Jul 19, 2018 12:24:21 pm
      Sad to see danny go, would have had him as number 2 myself
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36303: Jul 19, 2018 12:25:18 pm

Yeah, same.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36304: Jul 19, 2018 12:29:08 pm

Funny really cause when people think of Karius now they think of him as a f**king number 2

Strange though that people think we can only  10m for ings when we sell a keeper who's played twice for us for 10m
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36305: Jul 19, 2018 12:33:28 pm
      I have a soft spot for Danny Ward, saw him play live twice, both for Huddersfield, both during the Championship playoffs, and he was the penalty shootout hero in both! So I got used to chanting "Danny, Danny Waaaard! Danny, Danny Waaaaard!" with the Huddersfield fans. Oh well, good luck to him wherever he goes!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #36306: Jul 19, 2018 12:40:17 pm
      If Gini is off as well how much do you think he'll go for?

At least £30 million surely?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #36307: Jul 19, 2018 12:41:09 pm

I'm not.

I do find it a bit strange that some of you guys are attached to Ward when it has been pretty clear with his lack of game time he was never really good enough.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36308: Jul 19, 2018 12:41:15 pm
      It says a lot that Leicester probably could have had Mignolet, but chose to make an offer for Ward instead haha
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #36309: Jul 19, 2018 12:42:39 pm
      It says a lot that Leicester probably could have had Mignolet, but chose to make an offer for Ward instead haha

Mignolet will probably go for less we may even have to pay someone to take him off us.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36310: Jul 19, 2018 12:46:42 pm
      Mignolet will probably go for less we may even have to pay someone to take him off us.

Ha well he's on about 55k pw, so it's a bit steep for some lesser non-PL clubs. As I've said before in this forum, I could definitely see him being another top team's Caballero. Hopefully just not ours. We already have Karius to accommodate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36311: Jul 19, 2018 12:46:51 pm
      If Gini is off as well how much do you think he'll go for?

At least £30 million surely?

I don't think he will leave but if he did it want at least another 10 on top of that and a replacement
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #36312: Jul 19, 2018 12:47:58 pm
      Sell or give Migs away, loan Karius, promote from within, don't want to be stuck with these two clowns.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #36313: Jul 19, 2018 12:48:37 pm
      I don't think he will leave but if he did it want at least another 10 on top of that and a replacement

Me too.

We've quite a few players starting late due to the World Cup and with the season starting early I wouldn't be looking to move anyone on at least until January.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36314: Jul 19, 2018 12:50:52 pm
      Me too.

We've quite a few players starting late due to the World Cup and with the season starting early I wouldn't be looking to move anyone on at least until January.

Not in midfield especially

We're essentially level i ln there numbers wise and we died on our arse in midfield towards the end of last season

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #36315: Jul 19, 2018 12:54:20 pm
      Not in midfield especially

We're essentially level i ln there numbers wise and we died on our arse in midfield towards the end of last season

Yea, I'm especially thinking in midfield mate like you.

I wouldn't be overly bothered if the likes of Ings move on as I'm pretty sure if he was here the boss would only use him as a last resort but the likes of Gini has been an important player for us since he's been here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36316: Jul 19, 2018 01:13:20 pm
      We talk about Karius as #2, but the first time he's called upon, watch the anxiety level go through the roof.

I actually think that from a team chemistry perspective, Simon would be better for that role, even though I agree Karius is probably better - it's just all the baggage that Loris has created now (or has happened to him).

Not expecting this as I'm sure Simon will want to play somewhere, but almost rather we bring in some veteran English keeper who is OK with being a backup, and loaning or selling Karius.

Quick Reply