Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179349 times
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36409: Jul 22, 2018 08:04:27 am
      My question was intended more like this;

Does a player have an avenue to contest their club rejecting an equal bid from another club to a higher authority and would they win their appeal?

Oh I get you now. Yeah I don't know for sure. My understanding, however, is that a player has a contract to a club. In the end, a club doesn't have to accept a transfer offer from any interested club. So it can surely choose as it deems fit (or let a player's contract run out)?

But as Kopite78 suggests, there may be some sort of overreaching restriction of trade laws for the UK. Definitely not the case in, say, the US. Spurs and Raptors just traded players in the NBA. Neither player seemed particularly keen. But that's just how their contracts work, so they must cop it until they're free agents.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #36410: Jul 22, 2018 08:46:04 am
      For me this transfer window was a grand successes. 3 out of our 4 targets are in that can be considered a successful window right? Gone are the days when we get linked to 9 or 10 players and end up not singing any one from that list.
      This season we could end up second, third, fourth or we could even win it if all goes well. My only wish is that we should be in contention till the last day of the season for the league.       
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #36411: Jul 22, 2018 09:10:09 am
      Did the signings of Keita and Shaquiri pass you by?

No.

Fabinho and Keita have come into the middle whilst Can's left and Ox is out for the whole season. Milner's a year older and there's no guarantee that Lallana will find his form of two seasons ago. We need a player in there. If that player can cover Mane/Salah like Shaqiri will do then even better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36412: Jul 22, 2018 09:32:39 am
      No.

Fabinho and Keita have come into the middle whilst Can's left and Ox is out for the whole season. Milner's a year older and there's no guarantee that Lallana will find his form of two seasons ago. We need a player in there. If that player can cover Mane/Salah like Shaqiri will do then even better.

Conveniently forgetting Fabinho aren't we, that's the replacement for Can, a massive upgrade by the way. Ox out for the season is a loss but Keita is without doubt a superior player to him, so another upgrade, Milner was more or less a fringe utility player last season and he can still give us one more useful season in that capacity I think and then we have Shaquiri coming in so by my maths we are actually one up on last season and that with 2 massive upgrades and 1 potential.
      I still don't see the alarm bells here, yes it would be NICE to have a Fekir type player but its in now way a necessity.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36413: Jul 22, 2018 09:52:58 am
      Conveniently forgetting Fabinho aren't we, that's the replacement for Can, a massive upgrade by the way. Ox out for the season is a loss but Keita is without doubt a superior player to him, so another upgrade, Milner was more or less a fringe utility player last season and he can still give us one more useful season in that capacity I think and then we have Shaquiri coming in so by my maths we are actually one up on last season and that with 2 massive upgrades and 1 potential.
      I still don't see the alarm bells here, yes it would be NICE to have a Fekir type player but its in now way a necessity.

Fabinho is clearly the second word the guy used in his post. Pretty sure he won't be holding his breath for an apology haha
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36414: Jul 22, 2018 11:19:33 am
      There's a reason they're selling Zinchenko.

He's garbage.
      I remember a certain London club selling two player that they thought were crap.... Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah.

How did that work out...?

I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Zinchenko is anything but a solid improving young player...

Strength in dept

There are also reports that  Utd ant to sign Harry Maguire and could offer £65m for the 25-year-old, but would first need to get rid of Marcos Rojo, Eric Bailly or Chris Smalling.

Eric Bailly is a monster of a center back, and would slot in a long side VVD perfectly. I would love it if we signed him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36415: Jul 22, 2018 11:28:39 am
      I would imagine so if the player pushed it because it would be deemed as restriction of trade

It is an interesting question. Would the selling club have a counter case though if other clubs have made a same bid which they have accepted?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36416: Jul 22, 2018 11:33:52 am
      Oh I get you now. Yeah I don't know for sure. My understanding, however, is that a player has a contract to a club. In the end, a club doesn't have to accept a transfer offer from any interested club. So it can surely choose as it deems fit (or let a player's contract run out)?

But as Kopite78 suggests, there may be some sort of overreaching restriction of trade laws for the UK. Definitely not the case in, say, the US. Spurs and Raptors just traded players in the NBA. Neither player seemed particularly keen. But that's just how their contracts work, so they must cop it until they're free agents.

The NBA is different. They agree their contracts with the franchise and sign to the NBA. If they trade contracts, there’s no separate negotiation needed with a player.

I would imagine so if the player pushed it because it would be deemed as restriction of trade

That’s what I thought.

I kind of warmed to the idea of Martial to us in my head but tried to figure out how we’d work it out. We could let another club do the work and agree a fee before we swoop in and bid the same. Probably the only way it would eventuate if the laws allow.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36417: Jul 22, 2018 11:47:20 am
      I remember a certain London club selling two player that they thought were crap.... Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah.

How did that work out...?

I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe that Zinchenko is anything but a solid improving young player...

Strength in dept

There are also reports that  Utd ant to sign Harry Maguire and could offer £65m for the 25-year-old, but would first need to get rid of Marcos Rojo, Eric Bailly or Chris Smalling.

Eric Bailly is a monster of a center back, and would slot in a long side VVD perfectly. I would love it if we signed him

I saw Zinchenko up against Pulisic the other day and he got roasted time and time again then gave away a peno.

He looks no better than Moreno to me.

As for signing United CB's you must be joking.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36418: Jul 22, 2018 12:10:50 pm
      Fabinho is clearly the second word the guy used in his post. Pretty sure he won't be holding his breath for an apology haha

Oops my bad and apologies but I still stand by my point. See surprised you didn't I and I wish you would hold your breath ;-)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36419: Jul 22, 2018 04:24:31 pm
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #36420: Jul 22, 2018 04:28:24 pm
      The NBA is different. They agree their contracts with the franchise and sign to the NBA. If they trade contracts, there’s no separate negotiation needed with a player.

That’s what I thought.

I kind of warmed to the idea of Martial to us in my head but tried to figure out how we’d work it out. We could let another club do the work and agree a fee before we swoop in and bid the same. Probably the only way it would eventuate if the laws allow.

Didn’t we have the same situation with Heinze under Rafa? They refused to sell to us regardless.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36421: Jul 22, 2018 05:43:36 pm
      I saw Zinchenko up against Pulisic the other day and he got roasted time and time again then gave away a peno.

He looks no better than Moreno to me.

As for signing United CB's you must be joking.
      Every player can have an off day, (Moreno had enough of them) could have been his, pep wouldn't have signed him if he didn't see something there...

And are you really advocating not signing a play on the ground that he is at Man Utd...?
      Eric Bailly has been great at Utd, especially against us
      Kopite78
      Reply #36422: Jul 22, 2018 05:55:13 pm
      Didn’t we have the same situation with Heinze under Rafa? They refused to sell to us regardless.

Fergie did yeah but Heinze didn't push it..

And are you really advocating not signing a play on the ground that he is at Man Utd...?

Bailly has been injured for the vast majority not great
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36423: Jul 22, 2018 06:09:07 pm
      Every player can have an off day, (Moreno had enough of them) could have been his, pep wouldn't have signed him if he didn't see something there...

I'm happy with Moreno as back up.

If average Zinchenko wants to leave for more football he's hardly going to a club to sit on the bench again.

Yea let's sign Bailly who only played 13 PL games last season as you can never have enough injury prone players at a club. And if he's such a "monster" why would United consider selling him especially to their rival club?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #36424: Jul 22, 2018 06:11:35 pm
      If I was Klopp today, I'd spend as much as needed on Willian. He's exactly what we need. A good AM who can play on the wing, behind a striker and who can score regularly... He wants to leave Chelsea. (I know that we're not linked to him) But he's worth 65 M today and I'd rather have him than Fekir for instance.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36425: Jul 22, 2018 06:12:35 pm
      If I as Klopp today, I'd spend as much as needed on Willian. He's exactly what we need. A good AM who can play on the wing, behind a striker and who can score regularly... He wants to leave Chelsea. (I know that we're not linked to him) But he's worth 65 M today and I'd rather have him than Fekir for instance.

He is nearly 30 and a bit in and out, would prefer to look elsewhere
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36426: Jul 22, 2018 06:16:02 pm
      If I was Klopp today, I'd spend as much as needed on Willian. He's exactly what we need. A good AM who can play on the wing, behind a striker and who can score regularly... He wants to leave Chelsea. (I know that we're not linked to him) But he's worth 65 M today and I'd rather have him than Fekir for instance.

£65 million for a 30 year old winger with below average end product?

Nahhhhh.

Anyway we just signed Shaqiri so it makes no sense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36427: Jul 22, 2018 06:24:38 pm
      I know Klopp is a big admirer of Pulisic so I hope we impress him tonight that he might consider moving here in the near future.

Absolutely superb talent.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36428: Jul 22, 2018 09:50:51 pm
      I'm happy with Moreno as back up.

If average Zinchenko wants to leave for more football he's hardly going to a club to sit on the bench again.

Yea let's sign Bailly who only played 13 PL games last season as you can never have enough injury prone players at a club. And if he's such a "monster" why would United consider selling him especially to their rival club?

Season              Injury                         from                      until               days          games missed
      17/18   Cruciate Ligament Rupture   Apr 25, 2018   May 12, 2019    382 days             43               Liverpool FC     

16/17   Hamstring Injury                 May 10, 2017    May 27, 2017      17 days              5                Arsenal FC

15/16   Medial collateral ligament injury   May 5, 2016           Jul 7, 2016       63 days               2                Arsenal FC

15/16   Knee injury                    Feb 22, 2016     Apr 28, 2016       66 days            13                 Arsenal FC

15/16   Thigh muscle rupture           Oct 26, 2015       Nov 19, 2015       24 days              4                 Arsenal FC

14/15   groin strain                    Apr 6, 2015       May 25, 2015        49 days     8                  Arsenal FC

14/15   Hamstring Injury   Mar             9, 2015               Apr 9, 2015         31 days     5                  Arsenal FC

14/15   groin strain                      Jan 19, 2015        Feb 23, 2015          35 days     6                  Arsenal FC

13/14   Knee injury                      Jun 5, 2014         Jul 14, 2014           39 days     -

13/14   Groin Injury                      Apr 24, 2014         May 26, 2014   32 days     4                  Arsenal FC

13/14   Knee injury                      Aug 19, 2013          Jan 6, 2014            140 days     30                Arsenal FC

12/13   Hip injury                              Oct 22, 2012           Nov 8, 2012    17 days     5                  Arsenal FC

RELEVANT NEWS
      Jul 18, 2018, 6:18 PM Oxlade-Chamberlain set to miss entire 2018-19 campaign

So why did we sign this guy...??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36429: Jul 22, 2018 09:54:50 pm
      I know Klopp is a big admirer of Pulisic so I hope we impress him tonight that he might consider moving here in the near future.

Absolutely superb talent.

I assume he will come out for the second half with a Liverpool kit on, surprise signing. :lmao: 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36430: Jul 22, 2018 10:02:54 pm
      We should buy Pulisic now while he is still cheap and loan him straight back to Dortmund for a year or two so he gets game time we them
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36431: Jul 22, 2018 10:20:32 pm
      Season              Injury                         from                      until               days          games missed
      17/18   Cruciate Ligament Rupture   Apr 25, 2018   May 12, 2019    382 days             43               Liverpool FC     

16/17   Hamstring Injury                 May 10, 2017    May 27, 2017      17 days              5                Arsenal FC

15/16   Medial collateral ligament injury   May 5, 2016           Jul 7, 2016       63 days               2                Arsenal FC

15/16   Knee injury                    Feb 22, 2016     Apr 28, 2016       66 days            13                 Arsenal FC

15/16   Thigh muscle rupture           Oct 26, 2015       Nov 19, 2015       24 days              4                 Arsenal FC

14/15   groin strain                    Apr 6, 2015       May 25, 2015        49 days     8                  Arsenal FC

14/15   Hamstring Injury   Mar             9, 2015               Apr 9, 2015         31 days     5                  Arsenal FC

14/15   groin strain                      Jan 19, 2015        Feb 23, 2015          35 days     6                  Arsenal FC

13/14   Knee injury                      Jun 5, 2014         Jul 14, 2014           39 days     -

13/14   Groin Injury                      Apr 24, 2014         May 26, 2014   32 days     4                  Arsenal FC

13/14   Knee injury                      Aug 19, 2013          Jan 6, 2014            140 days     30                Arsenal FC

12/13   Hip injury                              Oct 22, 2012           Nov 8, 2012    17 days     5                  Arsenal FC

RELEVANT NEWS
      Jul 18, 2018, 6:18 PM Oxlade-Chamberlain set to miss entire 2018-19 campaign

So why did we sign this guy...??

Exactly.

We have enough injury prone players already between Ox, Stu and Matip.

No more please.

Quick Reply