Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4210025 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36432: Jul 22, 2018 11:14:48 pm
      Exactly.

We have enough injury prone players already between Ox, Stu and Matip.

No more please.
      Moreno feared no better against Pulisic than you said Zinchenko  did... Maybe it is not that Zinchenko is as you put it "Garbage" but rather that Pulisic is that good...

And  Bailly as had very few injuries thus far bin his career, albeit some more serious one, which IMO is better than having a) the same sorts of injury i.e. groin and knee injuries ....b) show that his is not normally injury prone, and the injuries are not just re-occurances of the samething
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #36433: Jul 22, 2018 11:18:45 pm
      Moreno feared no better against Pulisic than you said Zinchenko  did... Maybe it is not that Zinchenko is as you put it "Garbage" but rather that Pulisic is that good...

And  Bailly as had very few injuries thus far bin his career, albeit some more serious one, which IMO is better than having a) the same sorts of injury i.e. groin and knee injuries ....b) show that his is not normally injury prone, and the injuries are not just re-occurances of the samething

Why would we trade one average left back for another though it makes no sense?

If we are to replace Moreno it should only be for a higher quality player.

I don't want any players from United to be honest except Rashford who is completely wasted there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36434: Jul 22, 2018 11:23:39 pm
      We should buy Pulisic now while he is still cheap and loan him straight back to Dortmund for a year or two so he gets game time we them
      Apologies if your post was a windup.

1) He is not "still cheap." He would be at least 60 million.
      2) You make it sound like Dortmund is a feeder club and the Bundesliga is a feeder league, it is one of the top three leagues in the world.
      3) I officially change my worry about him being overrated as a Yank - he's good enough to be a valuable player for us now.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36435: Jul 22, 2018 11:29:38 pm
      Why would we trade one average left back for another though it makes no sense?

If we are to replace Moreno it should only be for a higher quality player.

I totally agree with you on that point....
      Where i disagree with you is on you assessment on how good the kid is....
      I believe that he will become a great left back... A left back that we will be trying to sign in the future

I don't want any players from United to be honest except Rashford who is completely wasted there.
      Now we get to the real reason behind it, you don't want a Utd Player... If you had said that in the first place rather than going into the Bailly injury thing ... ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36436: Jul 22, 2018 11:40:47 pm

2) You make it sound like Dortmund is a feeder club and the Bundesliga is a feeder league, it is one of the top three leagues in the world.
      3) I officially change my worry about him being overrated as a Yank - he's good enough to be a valuable player for us now.

1) He maybe £60m today, but if he real improves he could be £100m/£120m down the road
      2) Did not imply they were, just that If they knew that they would have his services for at least another season, just like with Keita/ RB Leipzig they maybe temped to part with him.... Plus for that year plus he could still continue his development there

3) I totally agree, but unless we move Firmino to play behind a front three, Mo in the centre, and Pulisic to the right,where he plays for Dortmund, then where would you play him...?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36437: Jul 22, 2018 11:44:22 pm

Point #1, worth every penny to the club, not least in short sales etc in the US.
      Point #2 Dortm nd is very much a feeder club as are most other German clubs bar Bayern.
      Point #3 let's just buy him, he will just get better and better and he's already superb.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36438: Jul 23, 2018 12:58:11 am
      1) He maybe £60m today, but if he real improves he could be £100m/£120m down the road
      2) Did not imply they were, just that If they knew that they would have his services for at least another season, just like with Keita/ RB Leipzig they maybe temped to part with him.... Plus for that year plus he could still continue his development there

3) I totally agree, but unless we move Firmino to play behind a front three, Mo in the centre, and Pulisic to the right,where he plays for Dortmund, then where would you play him...?

Maybe he plays behind Bobby in a 4-2-3-1. I realize he has mostly played wide, but what I see from him makes me think he could do this. Same thing with a 4-3-3, sharing midfield with Fabinho and Keita. Something like what Jürgen had in mind for Fekir. More the first option though.

It's almost certain we won't be bidding for him this season, sorry to say.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36439: Jul 23, 2018 01:02:18 am
      Point #1, worth every penny to the club, not least in short sales etc in the US.
      Point #2 Dortm nd is very much a feeder club as are most other German clubs bar Bayern.
      Point #3 let's just buy him, he will just get better and better and he's already superb.

1) I'm not against buying him  - just contending with the "while he's still cheap" label RDR put on him.
      2) They are not a feeder club. They sell some players to the very richest clubs (PSG, Bayern), that's not the same as being a lower-tier club making its income largely through developing players for sale to top level teams. They are regulars in the Champions League.
      3) Fine with me - but we won't be doing it this season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #36440: Jul 23, 2018 01:13:04 am
      Huge fan of the 4-2-3-1 system.
      If the boss was ever to change things up from. 4-3-3 then I hope it’s for a 4-2-3-1
      But that system only works if you have a proper #10.
      I hope this window doesn’t close without signing someone of quality for this role.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #36441: Jul 23, 2018 06:31:10 am
      I am now asking myself and obviously the rest of the forum the following question:

If Matip was to turn out injured for a period of time that is anywhere near a medium to long-term spell,(Say the guy comes back around December/January) what is your stand on that?

1- Push through with Gomez and Klavan being our guys on the bench.

2- Spend money to go get an upgrade over these guys?

3- Go into the the season with what you have and reassess come January. (Keep in mind the winter window is hell in terms of availability of the players, willingness of the teams to sell and prices. Not to mention the adaptability period that becomes a trial by fire).

I have no concerns over Lovren's level. He seems to thrive alongside VVD and he will probably continue to do so. My fear lies in the possibility of losing him to injury.

Klavan and Gomez (good potential nonetheless) are both decent guys for the rotation and the usual sub here and there, but what if we lose Lovren for an extended period of time?

I feel like that would throw us right back into the pit we were in before VVD came along.

On the other hand I have a feeling every cb that played along VVD was somehow elevated to another level and this could be enough to act as a band-aid when short or medium term injuries happen.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36442: Jul 23, 2018 06:48:01 am
      Didn’t we have the same situation with Heinze under Rafa? They refused to sell to us regardless.

We were the only club who were in for Heinze and no one else bid.
      Kopite78
      Reply #36443: Jul 23, 2018 07:19:27 am

They sell alot of shorts in the states do they? Didn't realise it was such a big market

Imagine if we can find a player who corners the sock market in fiji
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2018 08:31:52 am by Kopite78 »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36444: Jul 23, 2018 07:57:45 am
      Well alot of shorts in the states do they? Didn't realise it was such a big market

:lmao: :lmao:

Had me laughing out loud that did!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #36445: Jul 23, 2018 08:46:10 am
      I'd rather we sign Pulisic than Fekir.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36446: Jul 23, 2018 09:32:39 am
      I am now asking myself and obviously the rest of the forum the following question:

If Matip was to turn out injured for a period of time that is anywhere near a medium to long-term spell,(Say the guy comes back around December/January) what is your stand on that?

1- Push through with Gomez and Klavan being our guys on the bench.

2- Spend money to go get an upgrade over these guys?

3- Go into the the season with what you have and reassess come January. (Keep in mind the winter window is hell in terms of availability of the players, willingness of the teams to sell and prices. Not to mention the adaptability period that becomes a trial by fire).

I have no concerns over Lovren's level. He seems to thrive alongside VVD and he will probably continue to do so. My fear lies in the possibility of losing him to injury.

Klavan and Gomez (good potential nonetheless) are both decent guys for the rotation and the usual sub here and there, but what if we lose Lovren for an extended period of time?

I feel like that would throw us right back into the pit we were in before VVD came along.

On the other hand I have a feeling every cb that played along VVD was somehow elevated to another level and this could be enough to act as a band-aid when short or medium term injuries happen.

I'd go and get Lovren's CB partner for Croatia ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36447: Jul 23, 2018 09:36:11 am
      They sell alot of shorts in the states do they? Didn't realise it was such a big market

To be honest I have no idea of the exact figures and neither do you, despite your facetious and condescending comment about another country, but it sounded yesterday like Pulisic is quite popular so yes I'd imagine signing him could lead to quite a few shirt sales across the pond, where as far as I understand the market is rapidly growing and with 350 million people has huge growth potential.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36448: Jul 23, 2018 09:36:58 am
      :lmao: :lmao:

Had me laughing out loud that did!

little things and all that, speaking of which you must have  good chuckle every morning standing in front of the mirror ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36449: Jul 23, 2018 09:38:16 am
      I'd rather we sign Pulisic than Fekir.

Yes to this, surely we must be able to make Dortmund an offer they can't refuse, they normally bend over backwards to accommodate Bayern, why not us? I would imagine that Pulisic himself would much rather play for us, wouldn't he?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #36450: Jul 23, 2018 09:42:05 am
      Yes to this, surely we must be able to make Dortmund an offer they can't refuse, they normally bend over backwards to accommodate Bayern, why not us? I would imagine that Pulisic himself would much rather play for us, wouldn't he?

He's a smart kid he knows Dortmund is the best club for him to develop over the next two years until he is ready for the next step in his career.

By which time he will probably cost £200 million.

The chances of us signing him at this stage are nil.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36451: Jul 23, 2018 09:51:24 am
      He's a smart kid he knows Dortmund is the best club for him to develop over the next two years until he is ready for the next step in his career.

By which time he will probably cost £200 million.

The chances of us signing him at this stage are nil.

That makes no sense, why would he develop more with them than us? I'm pretty sure he would get plenty of game time with us at a consistently higher level and playing with better players plus earn more whilst doing it.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36452: Jul 23, 2018 09:55:22 am
      To be honest I have no idea of the exact figures and neither do you, despite your facetious and condescending comment about another country, but it sounded yesterday like Pulisic is quite popular so yes I'd imagine signing him could lead to quite a few shirt sales across the pond, where as far as I understand the market is rapidly growing and with 350 million people has huge growth potential.

You need to chill the F**k out mate, he made a joke about you saying "short sales" rather than "shirt sales".

little things and all that, speaking of which you must have  good chuckle every morning standing in front of the mirror ;-)

Is rather glorious sometimes Ill have you know..... ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #36453: Jul 23, 2018 09:57:31 am

Mate chill the F**k out it was a joke

You put shorts (I know you meant shirts but it's a light hearted joke not facetious or condescending)

I'd love Pulisic. Can't see it mind as there hasn't been one link to him.
      Maybe (and fingers crossed) we are talking behind the scenes and that's why he wanted to impress so much last night even to the point of taking the ball off Gotze for the penalty
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36454: Jul 23, 2018 10:08:04 am
      Mate chill the f**k out it was a joke

You put shorts (I know you meant shirts but it's a light hearted joke not facetious or condescending)

I'd love Pulisic. Can't see it mind as there hasn't been one link to him.
      Maybe (and fingers crossed) we are talking behind the scenes and that's why he wanted to impress so much last night even to the point of taking the ball off Gotze for the penalty

OK my bad mate, sorry. Yes the time to get Pulisic is now before he becomes insanely expensive, he is such a perfect fit for the team in terms of ability but also because of the owners and marketing etc etc. Its also interesting that Klopp was bigging him up pre match.

Get Pulisic now and I really think we can aim for the league, can you imagine him and Keita linking up with Mane, Salah and Bobby. F**k me opposition defences would sh*t themselves.

Quick Reply