Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198880 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36501: Jul 24, 2018 12:30:26 pm
      Absolutely not

The football club will be run like any other business and a wage bill as a % to turnover will be a key factor.

If you sign a load of new players then others have to leave to balance the books up

What happened to YNWA? ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #36502: Jul 24, 2018 12:33:03 pm

I know you attempted a funny there

attempted 😉
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36503: Jul 24, 2018 12:34:03 pm

So we just keep all the players we have, keep signing new players every season then?

Stop being a dick.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36504: Jul 24, 2018 12:35:24 pm
      I know you attempted a funny there

attempted 😉

Just noticed I missed this was supposed to be humour as well. ;D

Folk need to up their game on here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36505: Jul 24, 2018 12:57:59 pm
      Valencia apparently interested in Origi.
      Would be amazed if we got close to the touted £27M, there again £50M for Richarlison!

The Salah deal is a bigger robbery day by day, transfer by transfer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36506: Jul 24, 2018 12:59:37 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36507: Jul 24, 2018 01:30:05 pm
      So we just keep all the players we have, keep signing new players every season then?

Stop being a dick.

Wow do you not understand emoticons, I was joking, it was in reference to Kopite using that same line against me when I was criticising Karius.

Lighten up.

In reality I am all for being ruthless with players who aren't good enough and don't show any potential growth.

Its hilarious though that your baseless attack on me got 3 ticks. I keep saying to people if you want to get lots of ticks fast just criticise me, its guaranteed. People are so delightfully predictable sometimes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #36508: Jul 24, 2018 01:38:10 pm
      Wow do you not understand emoticons, I was joking, it was in reference to Kopite using that same line against me when I was criticising Karius.

Lighten up.

In reality I am all for being ruthless with players who aren't good enough and don't show any potential growth.

Its hilarious though that your baseless attack on me got 3 ticks. I keep saying to people if you want to get lots of ticks fast just criticise me, its guaranteed. People are so delightfully predictable sometimes.

Check out my next post. Noted that you were joking.

Must try harder though mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36509: Jul 24, 2018 02:50:23 pm
      Check out my next post. Noted that you were joking.

Must try harder though mate.

I respond to posts as I read them, I don't read all the posts first and then cherry pick which ones to respond to.

By the way what do I need to try harder at, if its besting you then I really don't think so, its like shooting fish in a barrel.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36510: Jul 24, 2018 03:07:16 pm

Apparently, Valencia have presented a €20mil offer for Origi and Edwards has rejected it. They are not getting Guedes from PSG then? Probably they think Origi is a cheaper alternative who can play across the front-3.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36511: Jul 24, 2018 03:25:17 pm
      Apparently, Valencia have presented a €20mil offer for Origi and Edwards has rejected it. They are not getting Guedes from PSG then? Probably they think Origi is a cheaper alternative who can play across the front-3.

I would have accepted that 20m, lmao! Kinda shocked someone would pay that much for him tbh.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #36512: Jul 24, 2018 03:48:46 pm
      I would have accepted that 20m, lmao! Kinda shocked someone would pay that much for him tbh.

Origi still has a lot of positive traits. They just don't necessarily translate into what we need most from a forward in our system.

However, I could totally see him maturing at another club in another system and being a really solid forward. So in this market, it doesn't surprise me. I guess we can also thank Everton for their Richarlison shenanigans making this even more possible.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #36513: Jul 24, 2018 04:09:40 pm

We got £15 million for Ibe..We can command more for Origi..
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #36514: Jul 24, 2018 04:20:01 pm
      I assume our summer is over bar players leaving?
      Kopite78
      Reply #36515: Jul 24, 2018 04:32:49 pm
      I assume our summer is over bar players leaving?

Personally don't think so
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36516: Jul 24, 2018 05:43:20 pm
      On the outbounds - it will come to a case-by-case basis. Some players are worth holding onto and others have had more than enough chances. Then you have the 25-player squad limit with restrictions on home-grown, club-grown and none of the above.

If we can get 20 million for Ings (which I don't doubt), Origi, who has scored many more goals for us than Danny, should be worth 27. He hasn't impressed in preseason, but he was a useful player for us in Klopp's first two season here. As Kopite78 says, teams will pay for goals.

Grujic and Ojo I would hope we keep rather than sell, but some tough calls have to be  made because there is no point in hoarding players.

Also remember that a 27 million valuation (or whatever it is for the other players listed in Pearce's article), doesn't rule out selling him for say, 24 million. I learned from the Benteke and Sakho transfers that we do well to be patient in selling/negotiating.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #36517: Jul 24, 2018 07:35:07 pm
      I think that we would do well buying a player or 2 more.

Why? We still need to push our front 3 and have them covered. Shaqiri, Lallana and Sturridge are good players but none of them has performed at the top level and need to be tested. For the EPL they surely have the level ut for the CL or cups, we need players who can in us games... Also, as much as I like Shaqiri, he has not shown that he's at the level of someone like Fekir or other attacking midfielders of the top 6 for example.  I think that we should buy a striker to replace Origi and Ings.

Also, I think that buying a CB would be a good idea. Van Dijk is world class, but if we need to replace him, the drop of level is so big. We need better CBs, Matip is injury-prone it seems and Lovren is Lovren.

I want to trust Klopp but last season we saw how big a mistake it was not to sign a CB earlier and how e lacked depth during the CL final. Madrid had someonw like Bale on the bench while we had no other choice than to play Lallana to replace Salah...
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #36518: Jul 24, 2018 07:39:12 pm
      I think that we would do well buying a player or 2 more.

Why? We still need to push our front 3 and have them covered. Shaqiri, Lallana and Sturridge are good players but none of them has performed at the top level and need to be tested. For the EPL they surely have the level ut for the CL or cups, we need players who can in us games... Also, as much as I like Shaqiri, he has not shown that he's at the level of someone like Fekir or other attacking midfielders of the top 6 for example.  I think that we should buy a striker to replace Origi and Ings.

Also, I think that buying a CB would be a good idea. Van Dijk is world class, but if we need to replace him, the drop of level is so big. We need better CBs, Matip is injury-prone it seems and Lovren is Lovren.

I want to trust Klopp but last season we saw how big a mistake it was not to sign a CB earlier and how e lacked depth during the CL final. Madrid had someonw like Bale on the bench while we had no other choice than to play Lallana to replace Salah...

Where were you when we nearly won the title with Suarez and Studge scoring for fun ? Top class,  he has performed there fella.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6347 
      Reply #36519: Jul 24, 2018 08:10:02 pm
      Rumblings that Dembele wants out of Barca due to the Malcolm signing.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #36520: Jul 24, 2018 08:19:15 pm
      Rumblings that Dembele wants out of Barca due to the Malcolm signing.

Quality winger but not needed as much as a player who can play the number 10 role like Pulisic or Fekir.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #36521: Jul 24, 2018 10:26:22 pm
      On the outbounds - it will come to a case-by-case basis. Some players are worth holding onto and others have had more than enough chances. Then you have the 25-player squad limit with restrictions on home-grown, club-grown and none of the above.

If we can get 20 million for Ings (which I don't doubt), Origi, who has scored many more goals for us than Danny, should be worth 27. He hasn't impressed in preseason, but he was a useful player for us in Klopp's first two season here. As Kopite78 says, teams will pay for goals.

Grujic and Ojo I would hope we keep rather than sell, but some tough calls have to be  made because there is no point in hoarding players.

Also remember that a 27 million valuation (or whatever it is for the other players listed in Pearce's article), doesn't rule out selling him for say, 24 million. I learned from the Benteke and Sakho transfers that we do well to be patient in selling/negotiating.

£27m for Origi? That would be a swindle
      Brilliant...hopefully a bidding war ensues. To clubs of a given stature, Origi and Ings will seem like star attractions. Who else you gonna get? Solomon Rondon?

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36522: Jul 24, 2018 10:30:39 pm
      26mill for divock?!
      If hes that good why not hold onto him.
      If we get that then we should start selling sand to the arabs.
      We've come a long long way in the bargaining dept..
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36523: Jul 24, 2018 11:56:08 pm
      Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge set to stay for another season

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-striker-daniel-sturridge-set-14945863

I simply can not understand Klopp's thinking here, surly I would be better to try and re-coup some for the money and re-invest it on someone who is not made of glass...
      And Yes, we all know how deadly he can be in front of goal when fit, but as we all saw last season while on loan at West Brom, he never stays fit for long

This is a major mistake...

Why does Klopp take so long to learn from his mistakes  :depressed:

Quick Reply