Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180439 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36892: Aug 21, 2018 02:28:57 am
      How? I know Simon isnt one for the footballing hipsters but f**k me Karius is  a total disaster. Mignolet staying is the right choice. Even taking away Karius' recent jitters he wasn't good anyway.

There's no point dressing this up any longer. He was awful as a #1 and thankfully this type of cheap signing seems a thing of the past. He's Besiktas' problem now.

Mignolet will be a decent number two certainly more capable than the likes of Bogdan, Doni and Jones we've had in the past. Anything more than that he's a shithouse too. #2 keeper though certainly decent enough.

I understand what you are saying, just had to laugh at the "better than Bogdan" label. I still think he might be moved, but it may wait until January. I wouldn't be shocked though, if someone comes in for Simon (and just that happening is the biggest obstacle to a move), we decide to take it and take our chances on Grabara as the backup for four months.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36893: Aug 21, 2018 02:55:54 am
      I understand what you are saying, just had to laugh at the "better than Bogdan" label. I still think he might be moved, but it may wait until January. I wouldn't be shocked though, if someone comes in for Simon (and just that happening is the biggest obstacle to a move), we decide to take it and take our chances on Grabara as the backup for four months.

I bet Grabara would be a better #2 than Migs!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36894: Aug 21, 2018 05:33:45 am

Yeah could happen. Perhaps next season it will.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36895: Aug 21, 2018 09:23:52 am

He already is mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36896: Aug 21, 2018 11:06:10 am

So is the other young lad
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36897: Aug 21, 2018 12:16:53 pm

Kelleher, Irish kid. Agree he looked good in preseason as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36898: Aug 22, 2018 09:46:55 am
      Kelleher, Irish kid. Agree he looked good in preseason as well.

I'd be terrified if we had to rely on him at the moment though, far to young and much to learn still, but he has potential.

I'm honestly ok with Migs as #2 as long as he's not between the sticks for any important games, the reason is that the defence is so much better now that he would more protection than he used to get, I'd still be hoping for a very speedy recovery from Alisson though!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36899: Aug 22, 2018 12:48:24 pm
      Sounds like Mignolet will remain at Liverpool this season. Really surprised.

Prayers for Alisson Becker's health will be a popular candle-lighter at parishes throughout Merseyside this season! :-)

I imagine Simon gets to play in the League Cup as well.....sorry everybody.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36900: Aug 22, 2018 08:09:23 pm
      Sounds like Mignolet will remain at Liverpool this season. Really surprised.

Prayers for Alisson Becker's health will be a popular candle-lighter at parishes throughout Merseyside this season! :-)

I imagine Simon gets to play in the League Cup as well.....sorry everybody.

Gutted. I was so relived when I posted on here how we never had to see him play for us ever again.

Gutted, completely gutted. Bet the next game he plays, he fucks up.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #36901: Aug 23, 2018 03:37:18 am
      Gutted. I was so relived when I posted on here how we never had to see him play for us ever again.

Gutted, completely gutted. Bet the next game he plays, he fucks up.

YNWA?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #36902: Aug 23, 2018 05:11:32 am
      how can you be 'gutted' by the idea of a backup goalkeeper playing in the least important cup competition of your busy season? that's the exact game you expect 11 changes and we'll still win 3-1 even with a shampoo bottle in goal
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36903: Aug 23, 2018 07:21:05 am

Get off from your moral high ground. That has absolutely nothing to do with it, heā€™s not good enough and itā€™s as simple as that. Time and time again he has cost us goals and games.
      Heā€™s also failed to accept any responsibility over the last few years and the second he isnā€™t first choice anymore, heā€™s crying to the media about having to consider his future at the club.
      But if you are willing to support that then you crack on lad. ā€œYNWAā€ to your hearts content.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36904: Aug 23, 2018 07:55:02 am

The songs about walking through a storm not a shitshow
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #36905: Aug 23, 2018 07:57:01 am
      how can you be 'gutted' by the idea of a backup goalkeeper playing in the least important cup competition of your busy season? that's the exact game you expect 11 changes and we'll still win 3-1 even with a shampoo bottle in goal

Heā€™s taking away chances of our kids who need the game time.

Heā€™s done enough damage here. Only reason heā€™s not gone is no sane club would have him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36906: Aug 23, 2018 11:54:06 am

Weird how that only applies to some players isn't it, for example if I dared to criticise Henderson then I'd probably be told off for not supporting all our players! ;-)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #36907: Aug 24, 2018 04:29:16 am

Heā€™s done enough damage here. Only reason heā€™s not gone is no sane club would have him

anyone who is ready for game time and deserves it gets it. people are being the armchair experts that JĆ¼rgen klopp himself is laughing at in that news article posted above. convincing themselves of this or that when they are legitimately on the outside, on the internet or in pubs yabbering
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2018 04:47:09 am by Del Boca Vista »
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #36908: Aug 24, 2018 07:53:31 am
      anyone who is ready for game time and deserves it gets it. people are being the armchair experts that JĆ¼rgen klopp himself is laughing at in that news article posted above. convincing themselves of this or that when they are legitimately on the outside, on the internet or in pubs yabbering

So anything you agree with is fine but anything else is internet yabbering. Cool. Keep defending Migs, see how many people you can get to agree with you. Spoiler alert, it wonā€™t be many.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36909: Aug 24, 2018 01:06:30 pm

Surely if Migs is that bad, and the kids are good enough, they'll get game time ahead of him?

No offense mate, but it seems a bit daft to say our young keepers are better than Migs, but at the same time he's keeping them out of the team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36910: Aug 24, 2018 01:17:41 pm
      Migs is an interesting one as JĆ¼rgen clearly thought he wasn't capable of being number one but I am not sure he is going to be a suitable number two either. His flaws are well documented and commented upon and with Karius probably doing the right thing going on loan we are left with no real option.

On the other hand who is going to come to Anfield now that Becker is here certainly not a number one goalie from a top club.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #36911: Aug 24, 2018 03:14:24 pm
      Surely if Migs is that bad, and the kids are good enough, they'll get game time ahead of him?

No offense mate, but it seems a bit daft to say our young keepers are better than Migs, but at the same time he's keeping them out of the team.

Not saying theyā€™re better, saying I donā€™t even know because heā€™ll be taking any game time theyā€™d get. Theyā€™re probably not as good now but could develop, only if they play though.... hard to explain

Maybe Iā€™m not making complete sense with this, apologies.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36912: Aug 24, 2018 03:33:03 pm
      Not saying theyā€™re better, saying I donā€™t even know because heā€™ll be taking any game time theyā€™d get. Theyā€™re probably not as good now but could develop, only if they play though.... hard to explain

Maybe Iā€™m not making complete sense with this, apologies.

No worries mate, I kind of get what you're saying, I just think if the young keepers are good enough, they'll get game time regardless of migs.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #36913: Aug 24, 2018 05:03:29 pm
      No worries mate, I kind of get what you're saying, I just think if the young keepers are good enough, they'll get game time regardless of migs.

Hopefully so
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36914: Aug 24, 2018 06:01:19 pm
      Karius to Besiktas done

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/1033005266487394305

Wonder how long that Twitter header will last!!

Quick Reply