Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Chelsea [League Cup] Wed 26th Sep @ 7:45 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D4 L9

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2094212 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36960: Aug 09, 2018 02:20:53 pm
      Yepp, Players still have positions but not in the traditional sense. it's called liquid formation. Players change positions with each other. To bring something new to the table for the defenders, and makes man marking hell of a difficult. It always tends to be the offensive players. Never seen defensive players do that.

People tends to focus too much on how team line up on the paper. It's true that cou started as a lw but he always ended up in the middle of the park as a cam majority of the game.

This is why I'm saying the focus on a "number 10" is irrelevant.
      The front 4 will interchange to the extent that whoever is occupying that space will do the role of a 10.
      Billo

• 6,395 posts | 244 
      Reply #36961: Aug 09, 2018 02:21:45 pm
      As a Liverpool fan, I want to win the league and I hope that we bring in more players who increases our chances for winning the title.
      glad that we have some quality players in this window but I honestly can't understand the people who say it's enough and we should be happy with what we have. Not a dig at anybody. It's just mind baffling how much we as Liverpool fan think about economic side.
      I just want to win, I say get pullsic/fekir and a cb.
      Swab

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Reply #36962: Aug 09, 2018 02:23:44 pm
      As a Liverpool fan, I want to win the league and I hope that we bring in more players who increases our chances for winning the title.
      glad that we have some quality players in this window but I honestly can't understand the people who say it's enough and we should be happy with what we have. Not a dig at anybody. It's just mind baffling how much we as Liverpool fan think about economic side.

I think we're a bit short up front.
      Yes, we've got players who can come in, but there's a drop in standard compared to our first choices.
      Billo

• 6,395 posts | 244 
      Reply #36963: Aug 09, 2018 02:25:22 pm
      This is why I'm saying the focus on a "number 10" is irrelevant.
      The front 4 will interchange to the extent that whoever is occupying that space will do the role of a 10.

I'm not getting into your discussion, just read about what you guys wrote and remembering reading a article on 442 where they defined modern football vs old-school football and so on.
      they called the formation for liquid formation. Just thought I would share it.
      Swab

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Reply #36964: Aug 09, 2018 02:26:48 pm
      I'm not getting into your discussion, just read about what you guys wrote and remembering reading a article on 442 where they defined modern football vs old-school football and so on.
      they called the formation for liquid formation. Just thought I would share it.

And I just thought I'd reply to it.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,216 posts | 1159 
      Reply #36965: Aug 09, 2018 02:27:11 pm
      I said he can unlock defenses.
      He can.

No, it's not a free for all, it's a dynamic, fluid system that you want to stick labels on because that's the limit of your understanding.

Why would you just randomly say that then when I'm talking about creativity from the midfield? In particular from central positions?

Salah can unlock defences. Bobby can. Mane can. What's your point? Why randomly say shaqiri?

And i think it's your understanding actually. We still have a defence. We still have a midfield. We still have an attack. We still have players who are signed to do a specific role otherwise we would have 11 James Milners. At kick off, we still line up in a certain way. We still have a set up. We still have positions. Being versatile and interchanging is important to how we play but there are still roles and positions you donut. So we will have to agree to disagree on that won't we.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #36966: Aug 09, 2018 02:28:19 pm
      I watched the interview again last night, Klopp doesn't hold with traditional roles, rather the player who finds himself in that space fulfills the role.
      Watch it again, you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, because player B is covering, and when you have player A return, you will see player B revert back to his normal role.

I have never seen a player in our team last season and this pre-season where he occupies a certain space that requires a certain role and stays in it until he is out of that area and into the next where it requires another role etc.

I see fixed positions, but with the versatility we have, Klopp allows his players to attack the space or press more often knowing there is cover, but always have I seen Hendo revert back to the hub, Wijnaldum, Milner or Can back to the box-box role, Salah and Mane back to their wide areas etc.

As for attacking, you will always see fluidity from other teams, not just ours, but eventually, they will always get pulled back to their original starting point.
      Swab

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Reply #36967: Aug 09, 2018 02:33:11 pm
      Yeah, because player B is covering, and when you have player A return, you will see player B revert back to his normal role.

I have never seen a player in our team last season and this pre-season where he occupies a certain space that requires a certain role and stays in it until he is out of that area and into the next where it requires another role etc.

I see fixed positions, but with the versatility we have, Klopp allows his players to attack the space or press more often knowing there is cover, but always have I seen Hendo revert back to the hub, Wijnaldum, Milner or Can back to the box-box role, Salah and Mane back to their wide areas etc.

That's about shape, rather than fixed positions though, and everything is about shape.

Like the write up last year, in the tactics thread showing that players channeled the opposition to our left so that we could use Mane on the counter.

Listen mate, if you don't want to believe Klopp's own words and instead go with what you think, that's cool, but I'll stick to what I heard from the man himself :) and that is that shape is important, not fixed positions.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #36968: Aug 09, 2018 02:46:42 pm
      That's about shape, rather than fixed positions though, and everything is about shape.

Like the write up last year, in the tactics thread showing that players channeled the opposition to our left so that we could use Mane on the counter.

Listen mate, if you don't want to believe Klopp's own words and instead go with what you think, that's cool, but I'll stick to what I heard from the man himself :) and that is that shape is important, not fixed positions.

Honestly, I am trying to understand this. If players don't have fixed positions, why do they always revert back to their original positions? Why not just have Wijnaldum or Milner the #8's stay in the #6 area even when Hendo/Fabinho has returned back to midfield? Why not have Salah stay on the left when he moves out there after an attack? etc etc
      Swab

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Reply #36969: Aug 09, 2018 02:58:22 pm
      Honestly, I am trying to understand this. If players don't have fixed positions, why do they always revert back to their original positions? Why not just have Wijnaldum or Milner the #8's stay in the #6 area even when Hendo/Fabinho has returned back to midfield? Why not have Salah stay on the left when he moves out there after an attack? etc etc

They don't though, do they.
      Salah doesn't start the match 15 yards ahead of Firminho.
      Henderson doesn't start the match between the 2 CB, and the FB don't start the match level with the AM.

Starting positions are irrelevant, mostly, it's the shape that's important.

I think of it this way; we have start positions, and positions for defending set pieces, that's pretty much as far as our rigidity goes.

Now, after that, we have defensive shape, transition shape, attacking shape, pressing and counter pressing shape etc
      The players can take up various positions within that shape, but when we reset, they will revert back to starting positions either straight away or when play allows, but the key is maintaining shape rather than have players stick to their zone.
      Take Henderson as another example; by any measure, in a fixed system we would say he spends most of his time in a sweeper position, as the CB's split to provide wider cover because the FB's have pushed up, he drops between them, but is he a sweeper?

With a rigid system, players will not stray from set positions, and the shape will always remain pretty much the same, which is where the idea of a "traditional 10" or whatever comes from.
      heimdall

• 6,672 posts | 1134 
      Reply #36970: Aug 09, 2018 03:02:01 pm

Totally disagree, we must not leverage dangerous debt onto the club, I think we are fine in all positions now, could we be better yes of course but you can say that of any team, but do I think barring an injury nightmare that we can now mount a serious challenge, well yes I do.

Lets look at the team squad and then you guys can pinpoint the weaknesses perhaps:

GK:
      Alisson with Karius and 2 decent looking yongsters as backup - Think we are finally OK in this area now

CB:
      VVD, one of the best in the world with Lovren, Matip, Gomez, Klavan and Nat Philips as #2. Could be better but I think we are ok

FB:
      TAA, Robertson, Clyne, Moreno and Milner - Our first two are top notch and we have good backup as well

DM:
      Fabinho and Henderson - Fabinho I think will be superb for us but Henderson and even Keita can fill in adequately so a problem area addressed and fixed.

CM/AM:
      Keita, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and Shaquiri with Ox to come back later this season hopefully - This area is also very strong now, much improve don last season.

FW:
      Mane, Salah and Bobby - not much to say about this trio, they are simply superb. As backup we have Sturridge, Solanke and Ings plus Shaquiri canalso be used as a forward. This is the area where we look best, I'd honestly put out attack against anyone in the world.

Overall the only 2 positions where we could be a bit stronger are CB and FW, but I really don't see it as a big issue now, because we have a genuine DM to help the CB's and we have a much more potent Midfield to complement the Attack.
      Billo

• 6,395 posts | 244 
      Reply #36971: Aug 09, 2018 03:31:47 pm
      Totally disagree, we must not leverage dangerous debt onto the club, I think we are fine in all positions now, could we be better yes of course but you can say that of any team, but do I think barring an injury nightmare that we can now mount a serious challenge, well yes I do.

Lets look at the team squad and then you guys can pinpoint the weaknesses perhaps:

GK:
      Alisson with Karius and 2 decent looking yongsters as backup - Think we are finally OK in this area now

CB:
      VVD, one of the best in the world with Lovren, Matip, Gomez, Klavan and Nat Philips as #2. Could be better but I think we are ok

FB:
      TAA, Robertson, Clyne, Moreno and Milner - Our first two are top notch and we have good backup as well

DM:
      Fabinho and Henderson - Fabinho I think will be superb for us but Henderson and even Keita can fill in adequately so a problem area addressed and fixed.

CM/AM:
      Keita, Lallana, Milner, Wijnaldum and Shaquiri with Ox to come back later this season hopefully - This area is also very strong now, much improve don last season.

FW:
      Mane, Salah and Bobby - not much to say about this trio, they are simply superb. As backup we have Sturridge, Solanke and Ings plus Shaquiri canalso be used as a forward. This is the area where we look best, I'd honestly put out attack against anyone in the world.

Overall the only 2 positions where we could be a bit stronger are CB and FW, but I really don't see it as a big issue now, because we have a genuine DM to help the CB's and we have a much more potent Midfield to complement the Attack.

Nevermind
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2018 03:42:53 pm by Billo »
      heimdall

• 6,672 posts | 1134 
      Reply #36972: Aug 09, 2018 04:13:09 pm

LOL, solid contribution as always, tulling!

How about pinpointing the areas you see as weakness, or did you not make it past the first sentence where I questioned the wisdom of piling on to much debt.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,710 posts | 472 
      Reply #36973: Aug 09, 2018 04:18:49 pm
      Transfer deadline day in England has become a bit of a dud, hasn't it? My highlight is Godin playing Man United like a drum.

I guess our business with outgoing will still go by the aug 31 date, to Euro clubs.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,411 posts | 1150 
      Reply #36974: Aug 09, 2018 04:38:33 pm
      I think of it this way; we have start positions, and positions for defending set pieces, that's pretty much as far as our rigidity goes.

Now, after that, we have defensive shape, transition shape, attacking shape, pressing and counter pressing shape etc
      The players can take up various positions within that shape, but when we reset, they will revert back to starting positions either straight away or when play allows, but the key is maintaining shape rather than have players stick to their zone.

I get that, and pretty much how a lot of teams play (from what I seen last few seasons), from Napoli, Juventus, Real, Barca, City etc. But only difference is, we are usually utilizing more of our players when pressing/counter pressing and attacking.

Salah doesn't start the match 15 yards ahead of Firminho.
      Henderson doesn't start the match between the 2 CB, and the FB don't start the match level with the AM.

Take Henderson as another example; by any measure, in a fixed system we would say he spends most of his time in a sweeper position, as the CB's split to provide wider cover because the FB's have pushed up, he drops between them, but is he a sweeper?

Ok, by fixed position, I meant more of the role played.  #6 for example, whether dropping between the CB's or playing further up and keeping the play ticking whilst being the main defensive cover etc. But that doesn't mean the 6 is rooted only to that, I get we will see him join up in attack or press if necessary.

I watched the interview again last night, Klopp doesn't hold with traditional roles, rather the player who finds himself in that space fulfills the role.
      Watch it again, you'll see what I mean.

Okay, I think I get how you are interrupting what Klopp said. You don't see players in fixed/traditional roles where they only play to their roles set, but rather, they are fluid because they have more freedom to venture off, whether pressing/counter pressing or moving into or attacking space when opportunity arises rather than players can play anywhere they want in the area they are playing in?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,234 posts | 897 
      Reply #36975: Aug 09, 2018 04:46:48 pm
      I disagree.

Now if we signed a 10 but we still didn't have a keeper then I would agree with you that there are hardly any top class keepers who are available and who are affordable. We had to act on Alisson and we did.

But in the 10 position I feel there are plenty. Usually in these situations a poster will say 'well tell us one then'. My shout would be Christian Eriksen. We're a bigger club than spurs. He's only on 70k a week. Only has 2 years left on his deal. In my opinion, we're in a better position than them and more of an exciting project. Spurs haven't brought anyone in and it's rumoured they're cash strapped because of the stadium. He's prem proven, at a great age, and I think he would fit right in and be a dream for us.  He plays RAM for Spurs but he's very familiar and comfortable in the 10 role.

So that's my shout. I'm sure you will say he will cost a bomb or they won't sell to us but we don't know until we ask and I highly doubt he will cost more than what coutinho did either. So his fee should be used on a replacement.  The money we've spent on our transfers this summer was already there from years of negative net spends, tv deals and prize money from the CL.

Even if people disagree with me on eriksen. There's still plenty of attacking mids scattered all around Europe. It's not a position that's difficult to sign players in.

Eriksen?

Yea let's go after Spurs second most prized asset he'll only cost us upwards of 100 million especially since Levy is such an easy negotiator.

Actually while we're at it let's bid for Hazard as well say £250 mill should seal the deal sure he wants out of Chelsea anyway and he hardly wants Real over us?

Sorry mate I prefer to discuss realistic targets. 

And I disagree that "it's not a position that's difficult to sign players in".

If it's so easy to find quality number 10s why was Coutinho the 3rd most expensive player of all time?
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2018 04:51:28 pm by bazspeedman »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,445 posts | 2453 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36976: Aug 09, 2018 05:42:24 pm
      How can it be a mistake not signing Fekir when he has a dodgy knee which could go on his debut game? We have to assume the Liverpool medical stuff know what they are doing and advised us not to proceed with this signing for a good reason.

Sorry to disappoint but that can happen to any player on their first game.
      Billo

• 6,395 posts | 244 
      Reply #36977: Aug 09, 2018 05:49:42 pm
      LOL, solid contribution as always, tulling!

How about pinpointing the areas you see as weakness, or did you not make it past the first sentence where I questioned the wisdom of piling on to much debt.

I wrote a long post in reply, then I deleted it. You know why? Because it's like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon probably would jump on the chess board and shitt on the chess board then walk around like it won. You are that pigeon, I can't be bothered by teaching you anything. You can go around and think you just won a point on a internet forum.

You know why people give pluss to the posts that insult you. It's because you talk so much shitt and majority of people don't bother to reply. The funny thing is that you see that as a victory.

I have been here along time, and I tend to read more then I write because I like to read different opinions. Some opinions I agree with and some I don't.
      but yours are just strange, they don't make any sense. You are more into what owners are doing then the football itself. Now please f**k off and stop quoting me and put me on ignore list. Because you are on mine, tulling!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #36978: Aug 09, 2018 06:02:08 pm
      Not signing Fekir might be a blessing in disguise.
      Swab

• 9,690 posts | 1572 
      Reply #36979: Aug 09, 2018 06:05:00 pm
      I get that, and pretty much how a lot of teams play (from what I seen last few seasons), from Napoli, Juventus, Real, Barca, City etc. But only difference is, we are usually utilizing more of our players when pressing/counter pressing and attacking.

Ok, by fixed position, I meant more of the role played.  #6 for example, whether dropping between the CB's or playing further up and keeping the play ticking whilst being the main defensive cover etc. But that doesn't mean the 6 is rooted only to that, I get we will see him join up in attack or press if necessary.

Okay, I think I get how you are interrupting what Klopp said. You don't see players in fixed/traditional roles where they only play to their roles set, but rather, they are fluid because they have more freedom to venture off, whether pressing/counter pressing or moving into or attacking space when opportunity arises rather than players can play anywhere they want in the area they are playing in?

I think of it as Klopp's version of Total Football, except that the shape is of great importance in tactics, and funneling the opposition where Klopp wants them to go.
      Rarely will you see flat banks of players, instead they are staggered and/or on a slight diagonal, to push the opposition to where we want them to be.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,260 posts | 134 
      Reply #36980: Aug 09, 2018 06:49:38 pm
      Just hope European clubs can take Origi, Mignolet off our hands haven't got the money some expected not surprised really
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Reply #36981: Aug 09, 2018 07:39:15 pm
      Not signing Fekir might be a blessing in disguise.

In what way?

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,423 posts | 283 
      Reply #36982: Aug 09, 2018 08:36:13 pm

We are more balanced with Hendo-Keita-Fabinho in my opinion.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,216 posts | 1159 
      Reply #36983: Aug 10, 2018 02:35:17 am
      Eriksen?

Yea let's go after Spurs second most prized asset he'll only cost us upwards of 100 million especially since Levy is such an easy negotiator.

Actually while we're at it let's bid for Hazard as well say £250 mill should seal the deal sure he wants out of Chelsea anyway and he hardly wants Real over us?

Sorry mate I prefer to discuss realistic targets. 

And I disagree that "it's not a position that's difficult to sign players in".

If it's so easy to find quality number 10s why was Coutinho the 3rd most expensive player of all time?

So we get 140 for coutinho and in your opinion eriksen is worth 100m so what's the problem?  We get a boss replacement and a spare 40m. What's the issue?

No idea why you randomly brought hazard into it either? Bizarre. And I've no idea what your last point means or why you've asked that question about coutinho?

Coutinho cost 140m because he had just signed a five year deal so we had a lot security, he was our best player, the transfer occurred in January when it's a very difficult time to replace a player and especially one of his calibre, he's one of the best players in the world, a Brazilian international and the buying club was Barcelona.  That's why. Pretty basic stuff to be honest didn't think I'd have to explain something like that on a Liverpool forum.

heimdall

• 6,672 posts | 1134 
      Reply #36984: Aug 10, 2018 08:46:54 am
      I wrote a long post in reply, then I deleted it. You know why? Because it's like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon probably would jump on the chess board and shitt on the chess board then walk around like it won. You are that pigeon, I can't be bothered by teaching you anything. You can go around and think you just won a point on a internet forum.

You know why people give pluss to the posts that insult you. It's because you talk so much shitt and majority of people don't bother to reply. The funny thing is that you see that as a victory.

I have been here along time, and I tend to read more then I write because I like to read different opinions. Some opinions I agree with and some I don't.
      but yours are just strange, they don't make any sense. You are more into what owners are doing then the football itself. Now please f**k off and stop quoting me and put me on ignore list. Because you are on mine, tulling!

"Now please f**k off", LOL I think that might be textbook passive aggressive. I'd love to know what is so strange about my posts though, I was simply asking you to pinpoint where you thought we had weaknesses in the squad and also commenting that I don't think its wise to pile debt onto the club, genuinely curious what is strange about that from your viewpoint?

Instead you type out a reply, probably realise you don't have a good counter argument and then change it to say "Nevermind", now that is a bit strange.
      heimdall

• 6,672 posts | 1134 
      Reply #36985: Aug 10, 2018 08:53:21 am
      So we get 140 for coutinho and in your opinion eriksen is worth 100m so what's the problem?  We get a boss replacement and a spare 40m. What's the issue?

No idea why you randomly brought hazard into it either? Bizarre. And I've no idea what your last point means or why you've asked that question about coutinho?

Coutinho cost 140m because he had just signed a five year deal so we had a lot security, he was our best player, the transfer occurred in January when it's a very difficult time to replace a player and especially one of his calibre, he's one of the best players in the world, a Brazilian international and the buying club was Barcelona.  That's why. Pretty basic stuff to be honest didn't think I'd have to explain something like that on a Liverpool forum.

So are you saying then that instead of getting VVD, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaquiri we should have spent the bulk of the money we got for Coutinho on a player position which we clearly don't really need and then scrambled around to fill the other areas with lower quality/cheaper players?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,234 posts | 897 
      Reply #36986: Aug 10, 2018 09:17:29 am

I obviously brought Hazard into the equation as he is one of the very few elite number 10s in world football i.e. a legitimate Coutinho replacement.

Do you actually understand your own arguments?

And if you think spending over £100 million on Eriksen (which is what he would have cost us) over strengthening the squad as a whole then you are bonkers.

We've had a great window strengthening the squad significantly without needing to replace Coutinho with an equally expensive number 10.

Let's be happy about this.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,216 posts | 1159 
      Reply #36987: Aug 10, 2018 10:29:21 am
      I obviously brought Hazard into the equation as he is one of the very few elite number 10s in world football i.e. a legitimate Coutinho replacement.

Do you actually understand your own arguments?

And if you think spending over £100 million on Eriksen (which is what he would have cost us) over strengthening the squad as a whole then you are bonkers.

We've had a great window strengthening the squad significantly without needing to replace Coutinho with an equally expensive number 10.

Let's be happy about this.

I understand my arguments perfectly fine, obviously. Do you understand yours?

You're looking a bit daft here because you were saying Keita was a 10 yesterday and now you're saying hazard is. Then you ask me if I understand :lmao:.  Do you actually watch football mate? Neither of them are 10s.

Hazard is not a number 10, doesn't play in the middle, and doesn't play in the midfield. We need somebody who can play as part of the midfield 3 but be the creative one from central positions. That's why we were signing fekir. Now I'll ask you again. Do you understand that??

Hazard would be in the same discussion as Salah or Mane so bringing him into the mix was just random and pretty stupid. So we will move on from there.

Ahh now we're getting somewhere. So in your opinion then we were on a budget and we used the coutinho money to strengthen 2 or 3 positions rather than go out and buy a like for like replacement? Interesting.

I find it interesting because heimdall for example, the little weasel who I suspect is liking your posts, he tells us that the money is irrelevant and that our owners will back the manager regardless.

In fact, several posters on here repeatedly state 'if we don't spend money or sign anybody else then that is jurgen klopps decision, not the owners'. But you think otherwise? Good. Me too.

What annoys me though is, it shouldn't be a case of do we sign an expensive like for like number 10 for coutinho, or do we divide the money and bring in a keeper, a 6 and an 8.  It should be all four if we want. We've had years of negative net spends (what was klopps net before this summer?), we've got the tv deal money, we've got the prize money from getting to the final of the CL, and we've secured it again for this season. The money should be there.

If you think spending 100m (figure is just randomly made up by you) on eriksen is poor business that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion and i understand it.  I was using him as an example anyway.

But what I do know is, if we had Christian eriksen in our team going into this season we would be much, much stronger and as equally important, Spurs who are one of our rivals would be much, much weaker too.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 10:33:56 am by HamannsTheMan »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,216 posts | 1159 
      Reply #36988: Aug 10, 2018 10:48:40 am
      So are you saying then that instead of getting VVD, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho and Shaquiri we should have spent the bulk of the money we got for Coutinho on a player position which we clearly don't really need and then scrambled around to fill the other areas with lower quality/cheaper players?

Hang on. Do not contradict yourself.

You told us last week the coutinho money wasn't used to sign the players you mentioned.

You repeatedly tell us the owners will back the manager.

I'm not saying that at all. But why don't we all be honest now and admit that the owners don't actually back our manager and he is working under restraints?
      heimdall

• 6,672 posts | 1134 
      Reply #36989: Aug 10, 2018 11:56:22 am
      I understand my arguments perfectly fine, obviously. Do you understand yours?

You're looking a bit daft here because you were saying Keita was a 10 yesterday and now you're saying hazard is. Then you ask me if I understand :lmao:.  Do you actually watch football mate? Neither of them are 10s.

Hazard is not a number 10, doesn't play in the middle, and doesn't play in the midfield. We need somebody who can play as part of the midfield 3 but be the creative one from central positions. That's why we were signing fekir. Now I'll ask you again. Do you understand that??

Hazard would be in the same discussion as Salah or Mane so bringing him into the mix was just random and pretty stupid. So we will move on from there.

Ahh now we're getting somewhere. So in your opinion then we were on a budget and we used the coutinho money to strengthen 2 or 3 positions rather than go out and buy a like for like replacement? Interesting.

I find it interesting because heimdall for example, the little weasel who I suspect is liking your posts, he tells us that the money is irrelevant and that our owners will back the manager regardless.

In fact, several posters on here repeatedly state 'if we don't spend money or sign anybody else then that is jurgen klopps decision, not the owners'. But you think otherwise? Good. Me too.

What annoys me though is, it shouldn't be a case of do we sign an expensive like for like number 10 for coutinho, or do we divide the money and bring in a keeper, a 6 and an 8.  It should be all four if we want. We've had years of negative net spends (what was klopps net before this summer?), we've got the tv deal money, we've got the prize money from getting to the final of the CL, and we've secured it again for this season. The money should be there.

If you think spending 100m (figure is just randomly made up by you) on eriksen is poor business that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion and i understand it.  I was using him as an example anyway.

But what I do know is, if we had Christian eriksen in our team going into this season we would be much, much stronger and as equally important, Spurs who are one of our rivals would be much, much weaker too.

Out of interest how much money do you think are in the coffers available for transfers, is it some infinite amount on a par with PSG and Citeh, because I'm sorry to disappoint you it really really isn't. We've just spent about £110m net in January and summer transfer windows, that is a considerable investment so no there wasn't an extra £100m available for a position that is NOT even critical.

BTW stop with the childish insults, you  do occasionally make some reasonable arguments in your posts but it gets lost if you act like a child and hurl insults.

Quick Reply