Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205644 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37168: Nov 17, 2018 11:34:21 pm
      As much as I would love to see Dembele at LFC, he is a insane talent. It just won't happen because Barca will use him as a bargaining tool for bringing Neymar back.

Too difficult to overcome I imagine.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37169: Nov 17, 2018 11:50:29 pm
      As much as I would love to see Dembele at LFC, he is a insane talent. It just won't happen because Barca will use him as a bargaining tool for bringing Neymar back.

Too difficult to overcome I imagine.

It's crazy as the catalan press are on his back for anything and everything,  the latest is an addiction to gaming. Complaining about his attitude etc and unprofessionalism yet talk of replacing him with someone in neymar who was always magically suspended when it was his sisters birthday. He is an uncut gem, no real structure to his game and very unpredictable but a rare talent
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37170: Nov 18, 2018 12:24:18 am
      Would you spend 100m on Dembele? That's the point of this discussion. I'd sign him for around 40m, but 100m is ridiculous.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37171: Nov 18, 2018 07:09:18 am
      Would you spend 100m on Dembele? That's the point of this discussion. I'd sign him for around 40m, but 100m is ridiculous.

Yup
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37172: Nov 18, 2018 08:37:49 am
      yes I'm comparing because not that long ago the sky was the limit for Origi, a few years later he's regressed. Dembele is at that stage where if he doesn't improve soon he is unlikely to become prolific, that's why 100m for a player who might become world class is steep. I'll stick to my original point, if Dembele reaches a standard where he's looking more like a world class guaranteed player then he'll be worth 100m.
      Look at his goals against PSV and Villarreal and tell me if Origi has ever scored goals like that. His problem is injuries but if he can stay fit for a season and get regular game time, you will see a player worth every bit of ÂŁ100m.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37173: Nov 18, 2018 12:23:11 pm
      I've hardly seem him play, but don't act like you have. Everyone pretends to be an expert....  The truth is Coutinho has been putting Dembele on the bench and Coutinho is good but he ain't world class. He looks good on YouTube but look at this.

20 apps and 2 goals for France.
      38 apps and 10 goals for Barcelona.

I've no intention to watch him play, but if he gets better he'll put Coutinho on the bench, but it's been the other way around.

I will lay money that stat is comparable with Neymer's time at Barca' Rib' and a good majority of those apps i'll wager are from the bench
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37174: Nov 18, 2018 12:29:37 pm
      If JĂźrgen thinks he will improve the squad and expresses a desire to get him the money is irrelevant these days a players Value isn't as obvious as it once was as long as the club think they have the finances to do a deal then do it
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37175: Nov 18, 2018 12:41:52 pm
      Look at it this way...
      How much did we spend on VVD...?? Yet he is not I would wager; in the top ten of World Class Defenders in the world
      My point is There is so much more money being splashed about now in the football world ÂŁ100 mil for a player is hardly that much anymore...
      How much did we get for Coutinho...?? And you would hardly say that he has reached his full potential yet unlike Modric

Ronaldo when to Real for ÂŁ80 mil in 2009.. If that same player was 24 again, now... and at Man Utd and being sold to Real, How much do you thing he would go for now...??

Again I would wager it would be somewhere in the region of ÂŁ320-ÂŁ400 Million if not more
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2018 05:23:38 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37176: Nov 18, 2018 12:52:07 pm
      I've hardly seem him play, but don't act like you have. Everyone pretends to be an expert....  The truth is Coutinho has been putting Dembele on the bench and Coutinho is good but he ain't world class. He looks good on YouTube but look at this.

20 apps and 2 goals for France.
      38 apps and 10 goals for Barcelona.

I've no intention to watch him play, but if he gets better he'll put Coutinho on the bench, but it's been the other way around.

I said absolutely nothing about having seen him play.

Here's the thing though, I'm not the one giving it billy big bollocks throwing out useless stats to try and prove something I haven't got a clue about.
      That would be you.

On the other hand, a couple of posters whose opinion I really respect when it comes to judging a player rate him very highly, and for now that'll do for me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37177: Nov 18, 2018 01:18:07 pm
      Look at it this way...

How much did we spend on VVD...?? Yet he is not I would wager; in the top ten of World Class Defenders in the world

;D....😂

Step away from the keyboard...what you smoking kiddo?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37178: Nov 18, 2018 01:55:06 pm
      According to transfer market his value is 80m Euro, so ÂŁ71m. I'm guessing the answer is in the middle. He's worth less than the 100m being quoted but more than my estimation of 40m.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37179: Nov 18, 2018 02:22:33 pm
      ;D....😂

Step away from the keyboard...what you smoking kiddo?
      Scrolling through there, I was wondering “is someone going to address this?”.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37180: Nov 18, 2018 05:35:04 pm
      Scrolling through there, I was wondering “is someone going to address this?”.
      PSG (FRANCE) Bayern (GERMANY), Barca, Real (SPAIN), Juve', AC, INTER, (ITALY) Tell me How many of these top clubs showed and interest in signing when he was playing for Southampton...? even Chelsea was only Linked with him and did not put in an offer which should tell those wearing Liverpool Red specks that he is not quite there yet...

Hopefully in the future he will be
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37181: Nov 18, 2018 06:26:30 pm
      PSG (FRANCE) Bayern (GERMANY), Barca, Real (SPAIN), Juve', AC, INTER, (ITALY) Tell me How many of these top clubs showed and interest in signing when he was playing for Southampton...? even Chelsea was only Linked with him and did not put in an offer which should tell those wearing Liverpool Red specks that he is not quite there yet...

Dude, Could it be possible named clubs decided not to put an offer in as they knew it wouldn’t be entertained by Virgil?...

& yet you still believe the jury is out on him even though our results say otherwise?.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37182: Nov 18, 2018 06:38:17 pm
      Dude, Could it be possible named clubs decided not to put an offer in as they knew it wouldn’t be entertained by Virgil?...

& yet you still believe the jury is out on him even though our results say otherwise?.
      Shabs,  Every I have named there would believe that if the put in an offer that they would have a solid chance of signing the player especially the Spanish clubs, and I do believe VVD is a great signing for us and very much our best CB, but is he in the top ten of CB in the world...? Not Yet
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37183: Nov 18, 2018 06:48:40 pm

Why were more teams not in for Salah? You could apply this “logic” to a lot of players, it means nothing. Surely you can’t argue that, given the chance, any of the teams mentioned above would love to have this guy now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37184: Nov 18, 2018 07:06:43 pm
      No offence Donovan but if you think Virgil is “unproven” you’ve been on something a bit stronger than the old “mellow yellow”

:cool-smiley-027:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37185: Nov 18, 2018 07:13:17 pm
      Oh dear.

Deary, deary me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #37186: Nov 18, 2018 07:14:53 pm
      Shabs,  Every I have named there would believe that if the put in an offer that they would have a solid chance of signing the player especially the Spanish clubs, and I do believe VVD is a great signing for us and very much our best CB, but is he in the top ten of CB in the world...? Not Yet

Name your top 10 cb’s.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37187: Nov 18, 2018 07:20:45 pm

You're right Donovan, Van Dijk isn't a top ten CB in the world.

He's a top 3.  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #37188: Nov 18, 2018 07:26:23 pm

Honestly, stop typing.

Put whatever device it is that you're using and please stop posting.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37189: Nov 18, 2018 07:42:44 pm
      What in the fuckery am I reading?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839