Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205767 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37421: Dec 18, 2018 01:31:44 am
      I think we can expect a #10 and left back at minimum next season with Milly and Moreno off contract.

Would love another right footed attacker to swap out with Mané. Another striker also for when Sturridge probably leaves.

All about fleshing out the squad now.

I agree
      Think it will be mainly squad players/prospects next summer
      Some/all of Migs,Matip,Clyne,Moreno,(maybe Milner although think he’ll stay for another couple years), Origi, Sturridge will go so will need replacing...when you think of it squad players or not that’s quite the overhaul although definitely opens up a space for young Harry Wilson
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018 01:38:05 am by Alfie2510 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37422: Dec 18, 2018 01:32:33 am
      I think we can expect a #10 and left back at minimum next season with Milly and Moreno off contract.

Would love another right footed attacker to swap out with Mané. Another striker also for when Sturridge probably leaves.

All about fleshing out the squad now.
      think we could keep Milner for another season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37423: Dec 18, 2018 03:12:04 am
      I agree
      Think it will be mainly squad players/prospects next summer
      Some/all of Migs,Matip,Clyne,Moreno,(maybe Milner although think he’ll stay for another couple years), Origi, Sturridge will go so will need replacing...when you think of it squad players or not that’s quite the overhaul although definitely opens up a space for young Harry Wilson

I think we’ll be aiming for top quality in attack and midfield. Allowing for more rotation without losing quality seems the focus for Jürgen.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37424: Dec 18, 2018 05:25:15 am
      Why would you consider getting rid of Clyne ?

Gomez is primed for CB and that leaves him and TAA for right back.

Clyne is right up there when fit I think he's a hell of a player and has rarely let us down, it would be madness to sell him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37425: Dec 18, 2018 07:30:38 am
      think we could keep Milner for another season.

If he keeps on playing the way he has been I am sure he will be here next season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37426: Dec 18, 2018 08:27:39 am
      If he keeps on playing the way he has been I am sure he will be here next season.

Think the issue will be as he was signed on a free from FC moneybags he’s on a big contract, upwards of £150k per week i’m Guessing. I don’t begrudge him that at all but if say he’s wanting a similar contract for another 2 years and the club want to half it and only offer 1 you can see how it ends up with him leaving
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37427: Dec 18, 2018 08:52:47 am
      Think the issue will be as he was signed on a free from FC moneybags he’s on a big contract, upwards of £150k per week i’m Guessing. I don’t begrudge him that at all but if say he’s wanting a similar contract for another 2 years and the club want to half it and only offer 1 you can see how it ends up with him leaving

I can't see other clubs paying a big wage like that so it's possible he will realise his time of earning megga wages has gone.I still feel that he will be playing for us next season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37428: Dec 18, 2018 09:02:25 am
      I can't see other clubs paying a big wage like that so it's possible he will realise his time of earning megga wages has gone.I still feel that he will be playing for us next season.

I hope so
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37429: Dec 18, 2018 09:46:19 am
      I'm always happy to have more attacking talent in midfield and would love to get Pulisic but what we urgently need is another top notch striker to push Mane, Salah and Bobby, The drop off, in relation to our style of play, from them to Studge and Origi is far to big at the moment.

In terms of getting in more cover for CB I'd try to poach Tarkovsky from Burnley, I think he's a solid CB who would add to the defence and surely wouldn't be to pricey, plus he must be desperate to escape that dreary Burnley team with fuckwit Dyche in charge.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37430: Dec 18, 2018 12:30:14 pm
      I'm always happy to have more attacking talent in midfield and would love to get Pulisic but what we urgently need is another top notch striker to push Mane, Salah and Bobby, The drop off, in relation to our style of play, from them to Studge and Origi is far to big at the moment.

In terms of getting in more cover for CB I'd try to poach Tarkovsky from Burnley, I think he's a solid CB who would add to the defence and surely wouldn't be to pricey, plus he must be desperate to escape that dreary Burnley team with fuckwit Dyche in charge.

If we can, bring in Pulisic, (Buy now and leave him in Germany till the end of the season)...
      Tarkovsky;- buy now and sweeten the pot by offering Markovic and Solanke on loan till the end of the season
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37431: Dec 18, 2018 12:51:10 pm
      I read somewhere that after Liverpool he'd like to go to Leeds which was his boyhood club. They're top of the championship now... :-[
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #37432: Dec 18, 2018 12:53:39 pm
      I doubt that a CB is going to arrive in Jan

We already have 4 on the books with two very good ones in the youth as well

You don’t spend £30mil plus to have a guy sat on the bench
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37433: Dec 18, 2018 01:08:28 pm

But you could get Pepe for free to sit on the bench....
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #37434: Dec 18, 2018 01:56:47 pm
      Wouldn’t say no to Mr Icardi
      Just watch your Mrs around him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37435: Dec 18, 2018 02:08:19 pm

The colder it gets the more likely-hood of picking up a muscle injury... We are one CB away from having a fu**ed season... It is a given that we get one
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37436: Dec 18, 2018 02:14:01 pm
      Milner, Moreno & Sturridge out of contract.

Adrien Rabiot, Anthony Martial, Declan Rice out of contract for their clubs in the summer.
      (de Gea also out of contract in the summer, but no chance he'd be coming to LFC)

Would still need a LB for competition with Robertson and Milner might yet stay
      but there are plenty of options to beef up the squad and allow money to be spent in the right areas.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #37437: Dec 18, 2018 02:19:09 pm
      The colder it gets the more likely-hood of picking up a muscle injury... We are one CB away from having a fu**ed season... It is a given that we get one

It is not a given. We already had a 5th CB (Klavan) and Klopp allowed him to go. Why would he now go and pay for another CB? I imagine if Klavan left is because Jürgen feels we have enough in the U-23s to cover if needed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37438: Dec 18, 2018 02:22:34 pm
      It is not a given. We already had a 5th CB (Klavan) and Klopp allowed him to go. Why would he now go and pay for another CB? I imagine if Klavan left is because Jürgen feels we have enough in the U-23s to cover if needed.

I doubt Klopp foresaw TAA, Gomez & Matip getting injured at the same time.
      January business will depend on how they recover.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37439: Dec 18, 2018 02:59:14 pm
      I doubt Klopp foresaw TAA, Gomez & Matip getting injured at the same time.
      January business will depend on how they recover.
      It has been said they'll be fit in February. Personally I think one more CB can't hurt, but it's unlikely they'll start this season even if purchased in Jan, you know Klopp doesn't just throw players in.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #37440: Dec 18, 2018 03:01:21 pm
      But you could get Pepe for free to sit on the bench....

Not in a million years would want that tw*t at the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #37441: Dec 18, 2018 03:03:02 pm
      It’s not a given at all - both Matip and Gomez are back in Feb , Gomez and VVD are the future , Lovren and Matip for a couple years with youngsters waiting. There isn’t space for a CB and Klopp isn’t going to waste money on someone when they won’t play

Klopp sold our 5th CB
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37442: Dec 18, 2018 03:49:03 pm
      Lets see, Gomez Injured, fractured Leg, Matip injured Broken Collar bone, VVD suspended next CL game, as I said earlier Cold weather injuries, pulled hamstring X-mas/January could see us fu**ed out of the CL and Title race...

We should take no chances and just get a CB
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37443: Dec 18, 2018 03:53:49 pm
      It has been said they'll be fit in February. Personally I think one more CB can't hurt, but it's unlikely they'll start this season even if purchased in Jan, you know Klopp doesn't just throw players in.
      VVD Mate...

Quick Reply