Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200341 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37467: Dec 18, 2018 09:52:41 pm
      Maguire will cost over Ā£50 mil - the club isnā€™t going to pay Ā£50mil for someone to sit on the bench

maybe but maybe he is better than Matip and Lovren and what if Virgil gets a knock we need more in this vital position
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37468: Dec 18, 2018 09:54:09 pm
      You donā€™t have to spend fortunes all the time (Robertson). If thereā€™s a CB out there for decent money he likes weā€™ll sign one if there isnā€™t we wonā€™t

not an expert on Premier League CB's but there must be one in the league who could come and do a job and JĆ¼rgen does know this position more than most
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37469: Dec 18, 2018 09:54:26 pm
      what's the point in signing new centre backs as backup to the backup when we have Phillips?  I back him to start FA cup games.
      No one is advocating signing a 5th string CB, for me someone like Tarkovsky could easily challenge Lovren, Matip and Gomez for there spot, and could even give VVD a run for his money. The lads that good, and as I said weight the cost of signing him against going out of the CL and losing the Title
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37470: Dec 18, 2018 09:59:32 pm
      Oh !! That's OK then...So against Wolves Friday we can field Gomez and Matip, give Lovren and VVD a rest after the Utd game. They deserve it  :roll:

Fab could slot in at Right back, or maybe even centre back, Buy if he gets injured too what then...
      and do we really want Milner playing CB against Bayern...? or the youth for that matter

It is not just about the healing time... Gomez and to a lesser extent Matip would have been sitting around doing nothing, or in the case of Matip light training. Gomez will need some weeks to get back to something near match fitness, Matip too that's early March before they are match fit... Still feel that we do not need a CB...?

So next week or so we lose Lovren and VVD, are you suggesting Klopp plays Solanke and Origi at CB, is that how Klopp would work around it, or maybe the youth centre backs...? It does not matter we have Allison, who needs CB right... :o

If we do not have the players to play then No Manager can work around that...

Christ you love the drama donā€™t you

Ok Iā€™ll put it in simple words

We as a club donā€™t have unlimited funds , we canā€™t just have players sitting around just in case , Klopp already sold a CB in the summer - if that doesnā€™t tell you his thinking then nothing will, when Klavan went he promoted young Nathan into the first team squad , last week he brought in another one so now there are 4 CBā€™s training within the first team - Klopp wonā€™t buy players on ā€œwhat ifā€ - he will play a youngster there or might look at a loan

And Gomez will be back by the first leg - stop panicking

Klopp is not going make the squad too heavy - itā€™s not how he operates and he certainly wonā€™t spend money on short term back up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37471: Dec 18, 2018 10:00:52 pm
      maybe but maybe he is better than Matip and Lovren and what if Virgil gets a knock we need more in this vital position

Maguire isnā€™t better than Lovren or Matip - canā€™t afford to spend Ā£50mil on a what if
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37472: Dec 18, 2018 10:01:42 pm
      No one is advocating signing a 5th string CB, for me someone like Tarkovsky could easily challenge Lovren, Matip and Gomez for there spot, and could even give VVD a run for his money. The lads that good, and as I said weight the cost of signing him against going out of the CL and losing the Title

its at times like this when you have to be bold and strengthen to cover yourself . No idea what it will cost but the rewards for success these days is huge
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37473: Dec 18, 2018 10:03:59 pm

Do you mean the Burnley CB Tarkowski?

He is nowhere near the level of VVD , Gomez or Lovren - cloud cuckoo land 4/5th choice at best and would cost far too much for that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37474: Dec 18, 2018 10:11:29 pm
      Maguire isnā€™t better than Lovren or Matip - canā€™t afford to spend Ā£50mil on a what if

#I think Maguire is playing in a poor team and he looked really good in the WC and has more to give and JĆ¼rgen is the man to bring on CB's. The fees  re just mental these days what price not getting sufficient back up?. I don't know if McGuire is the best available but we must have quality cover
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37475: Dec 18, 2018 10:17:05 pm
      #I think Maguire is playing in a poor team and he looked really good in the WC and has more to give and JĆ¼rgen is the man to bring on CB's. The fees  re just mental these days what price not getting sufficient back up?. I don't know if McGuire is the best available but we must have quality cover

We do have quality cover - Lovren and Matip are quality cover and then the youngsters will cover them
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37476: Dec 18, 2018 10:25:57 pm
      We do have quality cover - Lovren and Matip are quality cover and then the youngsters will cover them
      Joel is out with a Collarbone so we only have Lovren and Virgil and Virgil is out against Bayern I don't know enough of our youngsters to know if we have cover there. At the level we are now at and want to perform at JĆ¼rgen needs to be able to select 11 quality players week in week out
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37477: Dec 18, 2018 10:29:56 pm
      Seems like Solanke will go out on loan once the window opens, with Crystal Palace being the likely destination.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37478: Dec 18, 2018 10:32:39 pm
      Seems like Solanke will go out on loan once the window opens, with Crystal Palace being the likely destination.

Can you see JĆ¼rgen going for a big CF at any point in the future he just doesn't fit the team at present
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37479: Dec 18, 2018 10:44:17 pm

He is nowhere near the level of VVD , Gomez or Lovren - cloud cuckoo land 4/5th choice at best and would cost far too much for that
      Yes Tarkowski... google spell check corrected it to Andrei Arsenyevich Tarkovsky was a Russian filmmaker,  :roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37480: Dec 18, 2018 10:49:18 pm

He is as good if not better than Gomez,Lovren and Matip imo, you only have to take off the Liverpool red specs and watch him play
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37481: Dec 18, 2018 10:51:34 pm

THEY ARE INJURED OUT UNTIL AT LEAST FEBRUARY what are you failing to understand...?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37482: Dec 18, 2018 10:53:23 pm
      Can you see JĆ¼rgen going for a big CF at any point in the future he just doesn't fit the team at present

I really do think Solanke has a place under Klopp, and I really do think he has huge potential. I don't think he is your traditional target man like, Benteke or Carroll, more in the mould of, Kane & Lewandowski imo. I still have faith.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37483: Dec 18, 2018 11:05:07 pm
      he can share tales about the Liverpool bench with Sakho then.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37484: Dec 19, 2018 01:18:49 pm
      He is as good if not better than Gomez,Lovren and Matip imo, you only have to take off the Liverpool red specs and watch him play

:mad: :mad:

Seeing a lot of action in a pretty sh*t side, does not make him the equal of any of our CB's who play a much different system.

This shouldn't even need explaining.

Good grief.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37485: Dec 19, 2018 02:35:51 pm

:lmao: :lmao:

Sorry but there is no way Tarkowski is better than Gomez etc etc - he is a solid mid table CB at best.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37486: Dec 19, 2018 03:07:38 pm
      Dirty, dirty gossip:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1075406964069421058?s=19

Unadulterated dirrrty filth
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #37487: Dec 19, 2018 03:10:35 pm

If you read this article the odds have been ā€˜slashedā€™ from 10/1 to 7/1......
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37488: Dec 19, 2018 03:29:49 pm

No tax issues either - he wouldnā€™t even have to pay VAT on his clobber.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37489: Dec 19, 2018 04:11:10 pm

Very good player, but not a huge fan of his and would prefer to look else where tbh.

Quick Reply