Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207040 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37490: Dec 19, 2018 04:33:01 pm
      He is as good if not better than Gomez,Lovren and Matip imo, you only have to take off the Liverpool red specs and watch him play

😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37491: Dec 19, 2018 04:49:26 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37492: Dec 19, 2018 05:00:08 pm
      We should go for Varane from real Madrid. We're Liverpool and we can sign anybody now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37493: Dec 19, 2018 05:00:40 pm

Tarkowski- Donovan was suggesting we buy him in Jan to challenge Gomez etc as he apparently it better than them all and even near the level of VVD
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37494: Dec 19, 2018 05:06:19 pm
      Tarkowski- Donovan was suggesting we buy him in Jan to challenge Gomez etc as he apparently it better than them all and even near the level of VVD

Ta - I don’t mind him as a player.

If you could even out Degsy’s top end and the brain farts into an even performance he’s a tad below that.....in my opinion.

Miles below the best of Degsy or Joel.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37495: Dec 19, 2018 05:09:41 pm
      Ta - I don’t mind him as a player.

If you could even out Degsy’s top end and the brain farts into an even performance he’s a tad below that.....in my opinion.

Miles below the best of Degsy or Joel.

He is a decent honest CB , a bit like Maguire really a touch over hyped and way to experience. Both certainly aren’t at rbe level of our current 4 CB’s so I don’t see the need to spend a lot of money of a player who will be a back up of a back up

And I would rather develop players like Phillips and Masterson
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #37496: Dec 19, 2018 05:40:52 pm

Take your pick, he is not a ball playing CB which incidentally is one of my main gripes with Lovren.

I don’t think he is suited to the way we play.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37497: Dec 19, 2018 06:43:42 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry but there is no way Tarkowski is better than Gomez etc etc - he is a solid mid table CB at best.
      Here's the thing... Not to long ago people here was saying how sh*t Matip and Lovren were and now we are sit at the top of the table the are suddenly great... Gomez as not looked as go as Tarkowski defense. I base that on what I see and not on wearing Red Tinted Specs...

Robertson looked pretty ordinary in a Hull side...

So did Gary Cahill in a Bolton side before signing for Chelsea

I believe that if we signed Tarkowski by the start of next season we would be seeing him as either first or second starting choice with VVD
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37498: Dec 19, 2018 06:58:01 pm
      Here's the thing... Not to long ago people here was saying how sh*t Matip and Lovren were and now we are sit at the top of the table the are suddenly great...

Always rated Matip just suffered a bit with injuries - Lovren just needed a good partner

Gomez as not looked as go as Tarkowski defense. I base that on what I see and not on wearing Red Tinted Specs...

Robertson looked pretty ordinary in a Hull side...

So did Gary Cahill in a Bolton side before signing for Chelsea

I believe that if we signed Tarkowski by the start of next season we would be seeing him as either first or second starting choice with VVD

Currently we have the best defence in the league - explain why Klopp is going to spend a good deal of his budget on a back up of the back up ?

Why on earth will Klopp spend £40-50 mil on a player to just sit on the bench - it’s clear as day who he sees as his CB pairinf for the future and it’s clear he is looking at the young players to come through

You must be too busy playing football manager or something

Thankfully Klopp isn’t going to do something so daft.

Gomez is very fast becoming the best English CB - to suggest Tarkowski is better is laughable tbh
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37499: Dec 19, 2018 07:07:16 pm
      :mad: :mad:

Seeing a lot of action in a pretty sh*t side, does not make him the equal of any of our CB's who play a much different system.

This shouldn't even need explaining.

Good grief.

Burnley play a 4-4-2 vs our 4-3-3... The emphasis here is on the first "4" in the "4"-4-2 and "4"-3-3
      So unless Burnley has changed to a sweeper system, or now play a back three, or LFC are playing the fore mention systems when it comes to the back line Or we play zonal marking and Burnley use man to man mark How can you say we play a much different system than Burnley when it comes to the back four, much less the CB's...??

Good grief. indeed

This shouldn't even need explaining...? Guest someone should have explained it to you
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37500: Dec 19, 2018 07:23:49 pm

Always rated Matip just suffered a bit with injuries - Lovren just needed a good partner

Currently we have the best defence in the league - explain why Klopp is going to spend a good deal of his budget on a back up of the back up ?

Why on earth will Klopp spend £40-50 mil on a player to just sit on the bench - it’s clear as day who he sees as his CB pairinf for the future and it’s clear he is looking at the young players to come through

You must be too busy playing football manager or something

Thankfully Klopp isn’t going to do something so daft.

Gomez is very fast becoming the best English CB - to suggest Tarkowski is better is laughable tbh

Done ludicrous stuff you’re responding to mate.

Anybody who would dream of putting Tarkowski in front of Gomez needs to wake up and apologise.

That’s not an opinion - that’s a head injury 🤪
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37501: Dec 19, 2018 07:40:45 pm
      Burnley play a 4-4-2 vs our 4-3-3... The emphasis here is on the first "4" in the "4"-4-2 and "4"-3-3
      So unless Burnley has changed to a sweeper system, or now play a back three, or LFC are playing the fore mention systems when it comes to the back line Or we play zonal marking and Burnley use man to man mark How can you say we play a much different system than Burnley when it comes to the back four, much less the CB's...??

Good grief. indeed

This shouldn't even need explaining...? Guest someone should have explained it to you

So you think that all systems that play a (nominal) 4 at the back are the same.

Holy F***ing sh*t.

The lack of understanding is incredible.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37502: Dec 19, 2018 07:47:29 pm

Holy f**king sh*t.

It’s astounding
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37503: Dec 19, 2018 07:59:27 pm

OK... Lets say during the Arsenal game Lovern get injured and is out for six, Gomez has a set back, and is out for a further three weeks and Matip for a further two weeks we are now facing Bayern Munich in the first leg of the last 16 in the CL with VVD suspended and two y youth CB available...

Do you still feel that it is OK not to bring in a CB in the January window...?

Remember me posting this on the  Improving Midfield - how will it set up? forum page...?

Yes totally agree... It's sink or swim time for Fab' and Keita

Even though both players had played  games in the first team this season and train regularly with the first team...?

Do you remember your answer...?

No it’s not but what you say is typical of the want it now way of the world - most appear to show any sort of patience and expect players just to get used to the club or Prem straight away - some players can take a whole season

You don't expect that though... You expect players just to get use to the CL straight away

Might I suggest that it is you who "must be too busy playing football manager or something"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37504: Dec 19, 2018 08:05:15 pm
      OK... Lets say during the Arsenal game Lovern get injured and is out for six, Gomez has a set back, and is out for a further three weeks and Matip for a further two weeks we are now facing Bayern Munich in the first leg of the last 16 in the CL with VVD suspended and two y youth CB available...

Do you still feel that it is OK not to bring in a CB in the January window...?

I don’t deal in what if scenarios and i expect the Manager doesn’t as well, whatever happens then the manager will judge the situation and his squad but he isn’t going to spend £40-50 on a CB - i suspect IF Lovren did get injured then he would play Fabinho and then look to a youngster to be back up

Remember me posting this on the  Improving Midfield - how will it set up? forum page...?

Even though both players had played  games in the first team this season and train regularly with the first team...?

Do you remember your answer...?

You don't expect that though... You expect players just to get use to the CL straight away

Might I suggest that it is you who "must be too busy playing football manager or something"

I have no idea what that dribble is supposed to be going on about ?!  Get used to the CL ?! What are you talking about
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37505: Dec 19, 2018 08:09:23 pm
      I don’t deal in what if scenarios and i expect the Manager doesn’t as well, whatever happens then the manager will judge the situation and his squad but he isn’t going to spend £40-50 on a CB - i suspect IF Lovren did get injured then he would play Fabinho and then look to a youngster to be back up

I have no idea what that dribble is supposed to be going on about ?!  Get used to the CL ?! What are you talking about

It was quite simple and quite clear so maybe you choose not to understand it so you did not have to answer it  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37506: Dec 19, 2018 08:13:23 pm

Holy f**king sh*t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-471s6vyAU
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2018 10:18:53 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37507: Dec 19, 2018 08:18:58 pm
      It was quite simple and quite clear so maybe you choose not to understand it so you did not have to answer it  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What ?! Are you drunk or something

What does talking about the midfield and bringing in a CB have to do with each other ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #37508: Dec 19, 2018 08:36:38 pm
      Just a quick question, how many centre backs do you want in your 25 man squad? Take away 3 keepers and it's down to 22 already. Got 4 full backs, that's us down to 18 spots. Lets take the rest of the first team out as well, that's down to 10 spots.  And we've got cover in all the midfield spots and a couple of forwards, Shaq and AOC as in betweeners. That's down to 3 spots, of which two are already centre backs.

And some of you want to use that last spot for another centre back? ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #37509: Dec 19, 2018 08:42:33 pm
      Just a quick question, how many centre backs do you want in your 25 man squad? Take away 3 keepers and it's down to 22 already. Got 4 full backs, that's us down to 18 spots. Lets take the rest of the first team out as well, that's down to 10 spots.  And we've got cover in all the midfield spots and a couple of forwards, Shaq and AOC as in betweeners. That's down to 3 spots, of which two are already centre backs.

And some of you want to use that last spot for another centre back? ;)

A very fair point Rodders.

If it was possible to buy a really good CB now who could come in and cover for injuries but also be of the quality to push Gomez and Lovren for a starting place I'd be for that.

In the summer then move on either Matip or Lovren if needs be.

Like I said before I'm all for pushing the youngsters into the squad but the fragility of many of our CB's is a concern especially in what looks like being our most important run in for years.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #37510: Dec 19, 2018 08:46:04 pm
      Why the F**k would we sign Burnley defenders don't they have the second worst defensive record in the league?  :lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #37511: Dec 19, 2018 08:52:03 pm
      Why the f**k would we sign Burnley defenders don't they have the second worst defensive record in the league?  :lmao:

That logic doesn’t work for me.

Robbo is proof of that and Southampton were hardly miserly with big Virg there........
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3404 
      Reply #37512: Dec 19, 2018 08:54:50 pm
      A very fair point Rodders.

If it was possible to buy a really good CB now who could come in and cover for injuries but also be of the quality to push Gomez and Lovren for a starting place I'd be for that.

In the summer then move on either Matip or Lovren if needs be.

Like I said before I'm all for pushing the youngsters into the squad but the fragility of many of our CB's is a concern especially in what looks like being our most important run in for years.

If we had a lot of money to play with then maybe the manager would look at something in the summer but after giving Lovren a new contract and understand he is a massive fan of Matip I can’t see him looking to replace either - especially when it could cost a small fortune.

Think Klopp is going to be looking at the forward line - mainly a wide player and someone to sit a touch deep

Quick Reply