Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200956 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37513: Dec 19, 2018 08:59:05 pm
      If we had a lot of money to play with then maybe the manager would look at something in the summer but after giving Lovren a new contract and understand he is a massive fan of Matip I can’t see him looking to replace either - especially when it could cost a small fortune.

Think Klopp is going to be looking at the forward line - mainly a wide player and someone to sit a touch deep

I'm a fan of both as well mate and if they stay fit then I've no issue with the four CB we have.

Just a nagging doubt I have that both could be out and in with injuries for the rest of the season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37514: Dec 19, 2018 09:01:20 pm
      I'm a fan of both as well mate and if they stay fit then I've no issue with the four CB we have.

Just a nagging doubt I have that both could be out and in with injuries for the rest of the season.

Understandable doubt - but i think he would have Fabinho in his mind as someone who will fill in - hence why he left Klavan go and has mentioned he can fill in at CB
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37515: Dec 19, 2018 09:03:11 pm
      That logic doesn’t work for me.

Robbo is proof of that and Southampton were hardly miserly with big Virg there........

Ah mate VVD was immense his first season with Saints back when Mane was with them. He was injured most of his second and third season there which is why they were so leaky in defence.

Robbo was also injured for most of the season with Hull before we signed him he was brilliant in the Championship before that.

I don't rate a single player from Burnley they are all pants.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37516: Dec 19, 2018 09:07:36 pm
      Ah mate VVD was immense his first season with Saints back when Mane was with them. He was injured most of his second and third season there which is why they were so leaky in defence.

Robbo was also injured for most of the season with Hull before we signed him he was brilliant in the Championship before that.

I don't rate a single player from Burnley they are all pants.

Mate I watched them both all the way from their time in Scotland.

Neither defence was good - because you can be a great defender in a sh*t team and look pants.

That they looked decent is credit to them.

Tarkowski is ok - I wouldn’t mind him as cover - I just reject the notion you can dismiss a defenders quality of his team are sh*te ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37517: Dec 19, 2018 09:14:49 pm

Neither defence was good - because you can be a great defender in a sh*t team and look pants.

Tarkowski is ok - I wouldn’t mind him as cover - I just reject the notion you can dismiss a defenders quality of his team are sh*te ;)

Fair enough but at this stage we should only be signing players that are better than what we already have so would need to be top class otherwise I don't see the point we have plenty of squad players now.

If we are looking for CB's we should be looking for VVD level quality like Koulibaly to partner him or else it's pointless.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37518: Dec 19, 2018 09:17:36 pm
      Fair enough but at this stage we should only be signing players that are better than what we already have so would need to be top class otherwise I don't see the point we have plenty of squad players now.

If we are looking for CB's we should be looking for VVD level quality like Koulibaly to partner him or else it's pointless.

Agreed.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37519: Dec 19, 2018 09:20:06 pm

I believe young Gomez has the quality to be up there with VVD - by the end of the season he will be as key to the team as VVD
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37520: Dec 19, 2018 09:26:52 pm
      I believe young Gomez has the quality to be up there with VVD - by the end of the season he will be as key to the team as VVD

I don't doubt that at all he is VVD's number 1 CB partner now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37521: Dec 19, 2018 09:54:29 pm
      Just a quick question, how many centre backs do you want in your 25 man squad? Take away 3 keepers and it's down to 22 already. Got 4 full backs, that's us down to 18 spots. Lets take the rest of the first team out as well, that's down to 10 spots.  And we've got cover in all the midfield spots and a couple of forwards, Shaq and AOC as in betweeners. That's down to 3 spots, of which two are already centre backs.

And some of you want to use that last spot for another centre back? ;)

Don't come in here using logic and reasoning. :D
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37522: Dec 19, 2018 09:55:12 pm
      What ?! Are you drunk or something

What does talking about the midfield and bringing in a CB have to do with each other ?
      The fact that you said that you can't expect a player to get use to (Adatp) the prem league straight away, in one tread tand now you are saying that the youth can... :f_doh:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37523: Dec 19, 2018 09:57:54 pm
      A very fair point Rodders.

If it was possible to buy a really good CB now who could come in and cover for injuries but also be of the quality to push Gomez and Lovren for a starting place I'd be for that.

In the summer then move on either Matip or Lovren if needs be.

Like I said before I'm all for pushing the youngsters into the squad but the fragility of many of our CB's is a concern especially in what looks like being our most important run in for years.

Thank you srslfc
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37524: Dec 19, 2018 10:00:25 pm
      Why the f**k would we sign Burnley defenders don't they have the second worst defensive record in the league?  :lmao:
      Just because they do it does not automatically mean that every defenders is bad, Look at Lovren and Moreno on their bad days  :roll:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37525: Dec 19, 2018 10:00:30 pm
      Don't come in here using logic and reasoning. :D

I mean. It is a bit naughty Rodders......
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37526: Dec 19, 2018 10:06:38 pm
      I mean. It is a bit naughty Rodders......

Just as the rumours and gossip thread was getting juicy.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37527: Dec 19, 2018 10:08:44 pm
      Just as the rumours and gossip thread was getting juicy.

Exactly - it’s been open 2 days and I’ve not even mentioned the “F” word.......
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37528: Dec 19, 2018 10:15:32 pm

Look I like Tarkowski,I believe we could get hit cheap but I let that distract me from the point I was really trying to make, so let me have another go...

At Present we only have two fit first team CB's and one possible (Fab').... Now given the time of years (Cold weather an all) game coming thick and fast, CL last 16, would it not be prudent to bring in a CB is all I am saying rather than trusting in the youth who have...

a) not played in the Prem' and

b) Have not played against some of the best players in the World
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37529: Dec 19, 2018 10:16:39 pm
      Its a bit of a risk not getting in cover with only two available for at least 4-6 weeks and that includes a City game away and what now if we lose VD or Lovren.
      I don't have a list of possible or probable CB's but we could come unstuck whilst waiting for Joe or Matip to get fit.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37530: Dec 19, 2018 11:21:02 pm
      Just because they do it does not automatically mean that every defenders is bad, Look at Lovren and Moreno on their bad days  :roll:

Every day is a bad day for Moreno.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37531: Dec 19, 2018 11:49:07 pm
      Every day is a bad day for Moreno.

So does that follow that we are sh!t...?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #37532: Dec 20, 2018 04:18:48 am
      Just a quick question, how many centre backs do you want in your 25 man squad? Take away 3 keepers and it's down to 22 already. Got 4 full backs, that's us down to 18 spots. Lets take the rest of the first team out as well, that's down to 10 spots.  And we've got cover in all the midfield spots and a couple of forwards, Shaq and AOC as in betweeners. That's down to 3 spots, of which two are already centre backs.

And some of you want to use that last spot for another centre back? ;)

In general that maybe right mate but for us at current situation I would like to replace the 3rd GK with someone who is quality and versatile to cover our left FB and CB. One versatile like our Gomez, or Chelsea's Azpilicueta for example.

Matip, a decent player but definitely cannot rely upon.

And if it's me I would try at all cost to replace Moreno with such a versatile LB/CB since the summer.                   
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37533: Dec 20, 2018 07:03:07 am
      Look I like Tarkowski,I believe we could get hit cheap but I let that distract me from the point I was really trying to make, so let me have another go...

At Present we only have two fit first team CB's and one possible (Fab').... Now given the time of years (Cold weather an all) game coming thick and fast, CL last 16, would it not be prudent to bring in a CB is all I am saying rather than trusting in the youth who have...

a) not played in the Prem' and

b) Have not played against some of the best players in the World

Sorry but you think we can get a CB who you think is amongst the best in Europe ( he must be if you think he can Challenge VVD ) and the best English CB in the Prem ( must be if he is better than Gomez ) - for cheap ? Why would Burnley let one of their best players go for cheap ?

You seem to lack any sort of common knowledge about the sport

Klopp is not going to waste vital transfer budge on a position in the squad where we have 4 players already plus one other and two youth players. Like a broken record
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #37534: Dec 20, 2018 07:04:48 am
      In general that maybe right mate but for us at current situation I would like to replace the 3rd GK with someone who is quality and versatile to cover our left FB and CB. One versatile like our Gomez, or Chelsea's Azpilicueta for example.

Matip, a decent player but definitely cannot rely upon.

And if it's me I would try at all cost to replace Moreno with such a versatile LB/CB since the summer.                   

No team in their right mind is going to replace the 3rd keeper spot - A left back may arrive but again I don’t think so

The one area the manager isn’t going to look at until the summer is the back line - if he does buy someone then it will be a wide attacker or someone who can play in that 10 role
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #37535: Dec 20, 2018 07:49:53 am
      Pretty sure Alan Hansen is free at the moment.

Quick Reply