Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199175 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37582: Dec 24, 2018 09:08:37 pm
      Fekir wont be arriving - the club arent going to spend a lot of money on someone whose knee is a big issue

I count on Lyon to lower its price. Again: The deal collapsed because Lyon wanted to have its ~65 Mio. €, we wanted less because of the knee.

@FLRed: Pulisic does not play a key role in Dortmund. He's just a very talented 19 year old. He would not play a key role with us for a long time. No way he'd be in our squad right now. Concerning Harry Wilson I think Harry just never got a real opportunity to show his talent with us...and probably never will because Shaq will block him for the next 2-3 years and Wilson might have to escape.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6352 
      Reply #37583: Dec 25, 2018 12:35:27 am
      I count on Lyon to lower its price. Again: The deal collapsed because Lyon wanted to have its ~65 Mio. €, we wanted less because of the knee.

@FLRed: Pulisic does not play a key role in Dortmund. He's just a very talented 19 year old. He would not play a key role with us for a long time. No way he'd be in our squad right now. Concerning Harry Wilson I think Harry just never got a real opportunity to show his talent with us...and probably never will because Shaq will block him for the next 2-3 years and Wilson might have to escape.

Pulisic was a key player for Dortmund the last couple of seasons. Maybe not as much this season I’ll give you. That’s not really debatable. Merry Christmas.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37584: Dec 25, 2018 11:26:10 am
      Fekir wont be arriving - the club arent going to spend a lot of money on someone whose knee is a big issue
      I don't even think we'll spend any at all, even if Fekir was half price on boxing day we'd pass up on it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37585: Dec 25, 2018 11:32:57 am
      I don’t expect us to sign anyone.

If I could choose - guaranteeing fitness, money no object - it’d be Fekir, Dembele and a left back to push Robbo.

In that order.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37586: Dec 25, 2018 12:02:06 pm
      I don't even think we'll spend any at all, even if Fekir was half price on boxing day we'd pass up on it.

Somebody got socks for Christmas
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37587: Dec 25, 2018 01:10:07 pm
      Funny I actually think well make 1 or 2 surprise but shrewd signings to help us push on 2nd half of the season
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #37588: Dec 25, 2018 04:50:17 pm
      Funny I actually think well make 1 or 2 surprise but shrewd signings to help us push on 2nd half of the season

Hope you’re right mate.

Merry Xmas 👍
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37589: Dec 25, 2018 07:11:09 pm
      Pulisic was a key player for Dortmund the last couple of seasons. Maybe not as much this season I’ll give you. That’s not really debatable. Merry Christmas.

The reason he isn’t this season is probably because everybody knows he wants to go now so Dortmund are building a team that doesn’t need him anymore. If he had committed himself to the club then I have no doubts he’d have been as important as ever and played a lot more than he has.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37590: Dec 25, 2018 08:07:18 pm
      The only thing I can see is a loan for a.center back, and it would have to be from a top European league and some circumstance where the owning team would let him go for the rest of the season. This would strictly be as cover due to injuries, depending on recovery time for Joe and Joel.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37591: Dec 25, 2018 11:38:40 pm
      The only thing I can see is a loan for a.center back, and it would have to be from a top European league and some circumstance where the owning team would let him go for the rest of the season. This would strictly be as cover due to injuries, depending on recovery time for Joe and Joel.

Never a huge fan of a loan unless it’s a loan to buy
      Do agree that perhaps we need another centre back though.
      Personally I think our team is ticking along just perfectly and I would be reluctant to bring in any huge name / cost player that could unsteady the ship. Know that Jürgen and his team are excellent in this area...about fully evaluating a player and his potential impact in and off the field.
      Suppose it’s just my negativity and memories over the past in regard to a few signings that really haven’t helped our cause.
      Regardless, MERRY XMAS FELLOW REDS!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #37592: Dec 26, 2018 01:20:51 am
      I think we should keep a look out for left back.  The drop from Robertson to Moreno is a full division.  Hopefully we will be able to get rid of deadwood. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37593: Dec 26, 2018 09:08:12 am
      The only area where I'd say we need an extra player is attack.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37594: Dec 26, 2018 11:08:02 am
      any player coming in will have to be of sufficient quality to oust a current first choice player otherwise what is the point we have an academy  full of young players who should be given a chance over any one but a top quality player
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #37595: Dec 26, 2018 11:18:08 am

Agreed. For an unknown reason Sturridge is not playing more while Firmino is under-performing and I remember how horrible it was during the CL final to rely on Lallana and a poor Firmino to save us.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #37596: Dec 26, 2018 01:40:22 pm

More of a playmaker than an attacker, someone with same quality of Eriksen, Coutinho, etc...
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #37597: Dec 26, 2018 05:13:13 pm
      I think the way we play right now and our position in the league will prevent Jürgen to go out on the market in January. The team is clicking so why risk it with some new dude that could disrupt the chemistry?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37598: Dec 26, 2018 09:23:15 pm
      I think we should keep a look out for left back.  The drop from Robertson to Moreno is a full division.  Hopefully we will be able to get rid of deadwood. 

Bet ya Jürgen signs that Richie bloke from Newcastle after he get rids of Alby in the Summer. As back up to Robbo only.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #37599: Dec 26, 2018 09:26:24 pm
      Bet ya Jürgen signs that Richie bloke from Newcastle after he get rids of Alby in the Summer. As back up to Robbo only.

He isn’t a left back Matt Richie
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37600: Dec 26, 2018 09:30:01 pm
      He isn’t a left back Matt Richie

Na, it's just the way he was whipping in those brilliant crosses that made me think of the possibility.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #37601: Dec 26, 2018 10:18:35 pm
      Really hope Klopp is tricking us all into believing he's not looking at new transfers in because i think we are too thin up front. A 4-6 week injury to one of the front 3 the way we've had to Gomez / Matip and i think it really hinders us, particularly on the left as we've seen that the options used by Klopp on that side (Keita, Lallana) are not really suited for that position. That's why i'd love to get Pulisic in here. He's good and versatile and would provide both cover to multiple positions and be a challenge for Mane.

With such a clear chance at the title we need to go all in and make sure we have enough depth up front.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37602: Dec 26, 2018 10:32:09 pm
      Don’t think it’s Klopp's way to do business at the halfway stage, (with the exception to VVD). However, saying that; I would not pass up an available player that we’ve been scouting.

You can feel the door opening slightly, when links with top targets start doing the rounds…

I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp brought in cover. Wouldn't be surprised if no one came in, either.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37603: Dec 26, 2018 10:33:14 pm
      Really hope Klopp is tricking us all into believing he's not looking at new transfers in because i think we are too thin up front. A 4-6 week injury to one of the front 3 the way we've had to Gomez / Matip and i think it really hinders us, particularly on the left as we've seen that the options used by Klopp on that side (Keita, Lallana) are not really suited for that position. That's why i'd love to get Pulisic in here. He's good and versatile and would provide both cover to multiple positions and be a challenge for Mane.

With such a clear chance at the title we need to go all in and make sure we have enough depth up front.

The way Mane has been playing, I don’t think it would take much for Pulisic to soon take his place if he were to arrive.
      Touch and finish of a donkey lately, really needs to up his game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #37604: Dec 26, 2018 10:34:49 pm

Good one mate :D

Quick Reply