Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4212970 times
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38203: Jan 17, 2019 01:02:37 am
      Not sure if he is. Like I say when TAA was out v United it was Clyne he turned to.

He was. TAA was injured, Gomez had broken his leg ten days before that and Milner had a muscle injury which he sustained during the Napoli game if I recall correctly. Fabinho was playing in midfield with our only other midfield option (bar Lallana who was never going to start) being Henderson, who had also played against Napoli four or five days prior to the United game and was on the bench. He had no other choice but to play Clyne that day.

This was our line-up and bench:

Line up v United: Alisson, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
      Subs: Mignolet, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri, Camacho.

"Klopp on Milner's absence and Clyne's inclusion

The boss has explained why James Milner misses out and Nathaniel Clyne comes in for his first Premier League appearance of the season this afternoon.

ā€œMillie felt a muscle a little bit and we cannot take any risk, thatā€™s it,ā€ said Klopp."
      (Copied it from the official website.)

Clyne was never meant to play that game, he only ended up doing so because all of TAA, Gomez and Milner being injured and Fabinho having to play in midfield because Henderson had played midweek. If he hadn't, I think the general opinion would be quite different from what it is at the moment. If he, for instance, had a bad game, I doubt anyone would bat an eye at him leaving.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2019 01:12:44 am by Danzel »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38204: Jan 17, 2019 08:31:49 am
      Every real madrid coach can't be wrong

Didn't Coutinho struggle for game time as well before we bought him, yeah yeah I know he is struggling again now but you know what I mean ;-)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #38205: Jan 17, 2019 08:41:02 am
      Didn't Coutinho struggle for game time as well before we bought him, yeah yeah I know he is struggling again now but you know what I mean ;-)

I suppose the difference was Cou was a kid.

Isco is actually 2 months older than Phil.

Personally - I really like watching Isco but Iā€™m not sure heā€™d cope in our league.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38206: Jan 17, 2019 10:01:51 am
      Damn I'd like for there to at least be a rumour of us getting someone, surely we could do with an extra utility defender who can play CB and on either flank.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38207: Jan 17, 2019 10:21:41 am
      He was. TAA was injured, Gomez had broken his leg ten days before that and Milner had a muscle injury which he sustained during the Napoli game if I recall correctly. Fabinho was playing in midfield with our only other midfield option (bar Lallana who was never going to start) being Henderson, who had also played against Napoli four or five days prior to the United game and was on the bench. He had no other choice but to play Clyne that day.

Line up v United: Alisson, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane.

The boss has explained why James Milner misses out and Nathaniel Clyne comes in for his first Premier League appearance of the season this afternoon.

ā€œMillie felt a muscle a little bit and we cannot take any risk, thatā€™s it,ā€ said Klopp."

Clyne was never meant to play that game, he only ended up doing so because all of TAA, Gomez and Milner being injured and Fabinho having to play in midfield because Henderson had played midweek. If he hadn't, I think the general opinion would be quite different from what it is at the moment. If he, for instance, had a bad game, I doubt anyone would bat an eye at him leaving.

I hope it will be all okay. As it stands at the moment we are an injury away from either Milner or Fabinho or a CM away from the same scenario unfolding again. But all reports are saying a few on the I injured list will be returning soon so the situation will look better when that happens.

If Keita hit some form and became a viable option that would free up things up a little more too.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38208: Jan 17, 2019 12:05:28 pm
      Not sure if he is. Like I say when TAA was out v United it was Clyne he turned to.

Well, when I look at how many times he has played when TAA has been injured, I come up with a different scenario, but it's all good.
      No fuss, no muss.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38209: Jan 17, 2019 12:08:05 pm
      David Lynch saying Lallana and Matip might be made available this summer due to their fitness concerns (no kidding!).

If JĆ¼rgen swaps Matip for someone like Eder Militao, who has a 50mil release clause, that would be a fantastic piece of business. Been reading stuff like the Boss wanting someone who is versatile enough to play RB/CB/DM. There's his guy!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #38210: Jan 17, 2019 12:12:12 pm

Spot on
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38211: Jan 17, 2019 12:25:40 pm
      David Lynch saying Lallana and Matip might be made available this summer due to their fitness concerns (no kidding!).

If JĆ¼rgen swaps Matip for someone like Eder Militao, who has a 50mil release clause, that would be a fantastic piece of business. Been reading stuff like the Boss wanting someone who is versatile enough to play RB/CB/DM. There's his guy!

David lynch ? Would VVD and Eder be twin peaks ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #38212: Jan 17, 2019 12:27:30 pm

Isco at his best is excellent but he is a bit of a youtube clip merchant for me
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #38213: Jan 17, 2019 01:16:22 pm
      Adam should be move on long time ago he spent more time injury waste money, give harry Wilson a go next season and buy other cback and forward and maybe one player help team even as good squad player
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38214: Jan 17, 2019 01:28:20 pm
      Fekir! Just in case Klopp or some agents read here, so they get influenced by this, yeah a long shot but it beats no shot at all!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38215: Jan 17, 2019 02:48:44 pm
      Haha Isco fought for game time with Modric, Kroos, Bale and Ronaldo. He's a regular starter pretty much everywhere else. And still he's averaged over 40 something apps per season in a club that has won 4 champions league trophies in 5 seasons, featured in 4 Champions League finals, including the last 2 as a starter. Just for reference if that's now a thing:

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38216: Jan 17, 2019 03:59:57 pm

We absolutely need to offload all our injury prone players for fresh blood.

Matip is a handy squad player but isn't cut out physically for the PL. Lovren to a lesser extent is also injury prone. I wouldn't be opposed to selling both if we can replace with better.

Lallana and Stu need to be shipped out to a glass recycling centre.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38217: Jan 17, 2019 03:59:58 pm
      Fekir! Just in case Klopp or some agents read here, so they get influenced by this, yeah a long shot but it beats no shot at all!

Off the bench yesterday and got an assist and then put a free kick into the top corner to rescue a point for Lyon. Itā€™s not going to happen but I canā€™t help but still harbour a tiny bit of hope :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #38218: Jan 17, 2019 04:21:00 pm
      Off the bench yesterday and got an assist and then put a free kick into the top corner to rescue a point for Lyon. Itā€™s not going to happen but I canā€™t help but still harbour a tiny bit of hope :D

Me too...
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38219: Jan 17, 2019 06:18:52 pm
      I somehow hope the injury situation could move JĆ¼rgen into a deal.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3421 
      Reply #38220: Jan 17, 2019 06:33:52 pm

Really don't see it happening
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #38221: Jan 17, 2019 06:56:19 pm
      I think we are good defensively, maybe in the summer we should go for a 2nd/3rd choice defender who is better than Lovren and Matip as cover if heaven forbids VVD goes out injured. I think we are also covered at RB, gomez and milner can play there so we should be ok for cover.

Was hoping we would go for a number 10 this winter, but if Klopp thinks it is better to wait until the summer then so be it as I think a number 10 and a striker should be our top priority in the summer. Let's win the league this season and go out for a double next season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,071 posts | 3437 
      Reply #38222: Jan 17, 2019 07:22:57 pm

The injury situation which will ease over the next 14 days ?

Klopp doesnt panic buy , he doesnt buy players based on small injuries - he prefers to use his small squad and then suppliment with youth - should realise by now how our manager works
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38223: Jan 17, 2019 07:54:54 pm

I somehow hope our injured players are fit again in the next 2 weeks as expected.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38224: Jan 18, 2019 01:17:01 am

Me 3
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38225: Jan 18, 2019 05:31:38 am
      Me 4 !!

I still think if he doesn't move this month, we "might" go back in for him in the summer, for around 30mil !!

Also, Echo publishes a weird article about possible striker targets for summer, says Fekir, Werner, Jovic, Silva et al names come up based on some analytical hoodoo! And concludes Werner is the most ideal target. Why these kinda articles at this time, seriously?!

Quick Reply