Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200260 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38778: Apr 19, 2019 10:18:58 am
      I think all we really need in the summer is:

Top priority has to be one more top striker/forward. We've been extremely lucky that out front three have been relatively injury free this season.

A good CB to give cover, along with Matip, for Joe and VVD, De Ligt would be absolutely perfect, if possible, but if not then how about someone like Tarkowski.

Need a full back who could cover both left and rght flanks, but especially Left.

On top of that possibly a good utility midfielder to replace Milner, although Grujic can probably fill that role.

As for GK, surely one of the youngsters can step up if Migs and Karius move on, otherwise just get a good backup keeper.

So that's it, we should have plenty of money to get those players, the only one which should cost any big money would be Striker, the other positions are more good back up players, in the way Shaquiri was this season, at least first half.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38779: Apr 19, 2019 01:07:56 pm
      https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/football/liverpool-make-enquiry-over-€70m-italy-international/ar-BBW5Vqw?li=BBr5KbJ

With pinch/helping of salt ... don't know anything about Chiesa, 70mill seems a lot, and tbh after being stung by some ropey Italian buys, not sure would go for another …
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38780: Apr 19, 2019 01:09:26 pm
      One thing is absolutely clear fro me, is that we need to move both Sturridge and Origi on... Origi has been absolutely woeful as late, and although he did score vs the bitters he has had little or no impact during games... It's weird but I can't shake the feeling that if Real was to put in a bid for Mane he would indeed move on, something i would have refuted months ago. I think he is desperate to be regarded as the no 1 striker at the club...

For me, and I said it sometime ago, Sane does not look happy at City, and is not happy with Pep and the lack of game time. I truly believe if Mane was to leave, Sane would jump at the chance to get regular first time football replacing Mane...

Away for that even with Mane still at the Club we need a top class striker that can play anywhere across the front line.
      A CB, still like Tarkowski. would like De Ligt better  ;D

A left back, and a proper Creative Midfielder
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38781: Apr 19, 2019 02:15:51 pm
      Werner, Bruno Fernandes/Fekir, De Ligt and a LB.

Werner in final year of contract, same as Fekir. Fernandes apparently allowed to go cheap due to club money issues. De Ligt would cost a bomb but we will still more than easily afford him.

Obviously Rabiot could be a big signing too, free transfer.
      Lots of options out there.

Wouldn’t mind Etheridge as cover for Alisson.

Can easily get 3 important players in for under 100mill.

Think Fernandes would be my ideal signing first though; 28 goals and 15 assists?

Dead wood clear out needed first though I expect. - Lallana, Migs, Moreno, Sturridge, Origi, Ejaria, Grujic and Lovren for me. Possibly Milner depending on the offer and who we get in.
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019 02:23:03 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38782: Apr 19, 2019 04:21:52 pm

Werner in final year of contract, same as Fekir. Fernandes apparently allowed to go cheap due to club money issues. De Ligt would cost a bomb but we will still more than easily afford him.

Think Fernandes would be my ideal signing first though; 28 goals and 15 assists?

Dead wood clear out needed first though I expect. - Lallana, Migs, Moreno, Sturridge, Origi, Ejaria, Grujic and Lovren for me. Possibly Milner depending on the offer and who we get in.

Would not complain about any of the highlighted

Edit :- would also entertain Zaha
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,696 posts | 3365 
      Reply #38783: Apr 19, 2019 04:47:00 pm
      I don’t expect Klopp to go too mad in the summer

A young defender prob Kelly from Bristol City

Don’t see the club bidding for someone like De Ligt - yep great player but we have Gomez for VVD partner with some very good back ups - and certainly not going to spend silly money on someone like Tarkowski , can’t believe someone still bringing him up.

A full back will be looked for - there are a few young players waiting but can see Klopp maybe looking for an experienced player with their contract up

Don’t see any centre mids well stocked there

The one area Klopp will prob spend a bit will be someone to supplement the forward line as well as drop deeper to create and go wide

Dybala would be my preferred choice , Werner I can see ending up at Munich. Fernandes would be a good one - no foe Zaha - big fish little pond

Rabiot would be the great freebie
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38784: Apr 19, 2019 06:10:24 pm
      Think it'll be a striker OR a winger - not both. Would take those Nicolas Pepe rumors with a pinch of salt. Dont think we'll go for another left-footed wide forward given that we have Mo and Shaq. Feel Rhian will be used a lot too and we have Mo, Mane to lead the line if need be. Werner ticks the boxes for a CF as well as a wide player although I feel we dont really need an out and out CF. Other names? Zaha, Chiesa, Malcom?

#10 is a must and I'm desperate for us to go back for Fekir, and if not, definitely Bruno Fernandes. Dybala would be very very expensive.

Those 2 profiles are absolutely essential!

As for other options,
      Lloyd Kelly is a good shout - would be a good back up and can play LB/LCB. As much as we all love de Ligt (will be waaaaayyyy too pricy), CB might not be in Jürgen's agenda, as we already have 4 and Fab did a fabulous job there when called upon. But if we do move on say Lovren, we might sign a young CB but Alderweireld's release clause is really tempting.

And we would need a #2 GK too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38785: Apr 19, 2019 06:32:09 pm

I'd love if we went for that Ajax brazilian kid Neres if he isn't a crazy price looks a top talent and a Klopp style player.

Can't go wrong with one of Fekir or Fernandes for AM. I like Ziyech for Ajax as well very creative player.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38786: Apr 20, 2019 03:08:45 pm
      TIME TO GO - Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha insists he should be playing in Champions League: 'I have to aim for the very highest level'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6941115/TIME-Crystal-Palace-winger-Wilfried-Zaha-insists-playing-Champions-League.html

Come on Jürgen, ditch Sturridge and Origi already and sign Zaha. You know it makes sense
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38787: Apr 20, 2019 03:17:18 pm
      TIME TO GO - Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha insists he should be playing in Champions League: 'I have to aim for the very highest level'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6941115/TIME-Crystal-Palace-winger-Wilfried-Zaha-insists-playing-Champions-League.html

Come on Jürgen, ditch Sturridge and Origi already and sign Zaha. You know it makes sense

Don't think Zaha will want to be a bench warmer.

He will go to Spurs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38788: Apr 20, 2019 04:06:45 pm

He will go to Spurs.

I'm not sure he would be a bench warmer, I think we'd finally have some decent competition for places amongst our forwards, and we really need that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38789: Apr 20, 2019 10:42:45 pm
      I'm not sure he would be a bench warmer, I think we'd finally have some decent competition for places amongst our forwards, and we really need that.

Bench warmer behind our front three

I'm absolutely sure he would be
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38790: Apr 20, 2019 11:12:04 pm

He will go to Spurs.

He’d be on the bench often their too. Even Son goes through spells on the bench and he’s their most important player IMO. Unless you are Kane or Eriksen, you will be subject to rotation.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38791: Apr 20, 2019 11:19:32 pm
      He’d be on the bench often their too. Even Son goes through spells on the bench and he’s their most important player IMO. Unless you are Kane or Eriksen, you will be subject to rotation.

Tbh, I think Messi, Mbappe, Hazard and Neymar (yes, seriously!) are the only players that could claim a regular spot in our front 3. Rest would be either bench warmers or rotation.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38792: Apr 20, 2019 11:27:22 pm
      Tbh, I think Messi, Mbappe, Hazard and Neymar (yes, seriously!) are the only players that could claim a regular spot in our front 3. Rest would be either bench warmers or rotation.

Probably right there, but I’d say even Hazard would have his work cut out because he goes through regular spells of being non-existent.

We are lucky to have such a strong front 3.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38793: Apr 20, 2019 11:47:43 pm

He will go to Spurs.
      Wouldn't need to be...  Could quite easily rotate him across the front three and should Mane leave...?

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus has among a group of players who have asked to leave Manchester City, according to El Chirinquito TV.

Seven or eight players have reportedly expressed their desire to leave the club in the wake of Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final defeat to Tottenham.

Sane came on for the final six minutes of the loss to Spurs while Jesus was an unused substitute.

Did say a couple of four time that Sane had a problem with Pep and did not look happy at City
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2019 11:55:49 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38794: Apr 20, 2019 11:54:57 pm

Not so sure of that, could easily give Mane a run for his money in attack, remember Mane is playing in a better team than Zara, and Zara can be a potent striker, imagine Zara with the lads around him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38795: Apr 21, 2019 12:50:19 am

Sounds like a good, solid reliable source that.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38796: Apr 21, 2019 01:14:10 am

She'd be banging them for fun
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38797: Apr 21, 2019 01:51:16 am
      Wouldn't need to be...  Could quite easily rotate him across the front three and should Mane leave...?

Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus has among a group of players who have asked to leave Manchester City, according to El Chirinquito TV.

Seven or eight players have reportedly expressed their desire to leave the club in the wake of Wednesday’s Champions League quarter-final defeat to Tottenham.

Sane came on for the final six minutes of the loss to Spurs while Jesus was an unused substitute.

Did say a couple of four time that Sane had a problem with Pep and did not look happy at City

I mean this is horseshit.

8 players want to leave one of the best teams of all time. Not really likely
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #38798: Apr 21, 2019 08:10:51 am

Imagine though if we we signed him.......our front 3 would be Mo’, Sad’ & Bobby.

;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #38799: Apr 21, 2019 08:49:04 am
      Imagine though if we we signed him.......our front 3 would be Mo’, Sad’ & Bobby.

;)
      That sounds like a formidable front 3. They’d have us competing in the League/CL for sure.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,696 posts | 3365 
      Reply #38800: Apr 21, 2019 09:08:50 am

Can smell the steam coming off that pile from here

And Zaha would not get in our front three , was it you that said he would get in instead of Mane ?

Quick Reply