Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180138 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38801: Apr 21, 2019 09:11:25 am
      I'm not sure he would be a bench warmer, I think we'd finally have some decent competition for places amongst our forwards, and we really need that.

Which one of the front three would he replace ?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38802: Apr 21, 2019 10:41:27 am
      Which one of the front three would he replace ?

Origi front third on the bench.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38803: Apr 21, 2019 11:44:07 am
      Sounds like a good, solid reliable source that.
      So who do you view as a solid reliable source...?

Just because you do not like who is reports a story it does not mean that it is unreliable...

There has for many months now be reports from Germany, Spain, Italy and here in the England that Sane and Pep had fallen out and that his lack of game time under Guardiola has effected the amount of game time he has had for Germany... This along with what I have seen myself when watching City is what has colored my opinions on this...

Stories may guide the things I look at, but I always make up my own mind, then look for things to either prove, or disprove what it is I am thinking
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38804: Apr 21, 2019 11:45:09 am
      Hate when I do that ;D... Meant Zaha  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38805: Apr 21, 2019 12:03:05 pm
      I mean this is horseshit.

8 players want to leave one of the best teams of all time. Not really likely

If you loved playing football... I mean really loved playing, would you be happy sitting on the bench for most of the season just taking the money, especially if you believed that you were as good if not better that the person/persons being picked ahead of you...? Or would you rather take a drop in wages and play for a slightly more inferior Club to for fill your dream of play more often, maybe in every match..? I always liked to believe that I was "Difference Maker" and It was mainly because of me why the team gone so well. A lot of these players believe that's what they are...

And Yes you have some that are quite happy to sit on that bench pulling in big money and by default getting medals, But I don't see Jesus or Sane as being those types of player 

Try putting yourself those players shoe...

We saw this a lot with Real in the late nineties,Zaha leaving Man Utd to return to Palace, and Milner Leaving City for Liverpool, quoting that he wanted more game time
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38806: Apr 21, 2019 12:11:23 pm
      Imagine though if we we signed him.......our front 3 would be Moā€™, Sadā€™ & Bobby.

;)
      Now if we had Zaha in the squad vs Porto He would have been Firmino's replacement instead of Origi and Bobby could have had the night off, for I am absolutely sure Zaha would have caused that defense more trouble in 15 mins than Origi did all the time that he was on the pitch and Yes you could be right in that he would still start behind Bobby,Salah & Mane, but You would imo see a lot more rotation up front
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38807: Apr 21, 2019 01:53:58 pm
      Now if we had Zaha in the squad vs Porto He would have been Firmino's replacement instead of Origi and Bobby could have had the night off, for I am absolutely sure Zaha would have caused that defense more trouble in 15 mins than Origi did all the time that he was on the pitch and Yes you could be right in that he would still start behind Bobby,Salah & Mane, but You would imo see a lot more rotation up front

On one post you are going on about Sane leaving because he wants to play football and not be part of rotation and then this one you are going on about Zaha coming in to rotate ?

Zaha will be a lot of money ( PSG talking Ā£65mil ) for someone who will making sit on the.l bench

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38808: Apr 21, 2019 02:22:29 pm
      On one post you are going on about Sane leaving because he wants to play football and not be part of rotation and then this one you are going on about Zaha coming in to rotate ?

Zaha will be a lot of money ( PSG talking Ā£65mil ) for someone who will making sit on the.l bench

He's just setting up his summer whingefest.
      Expect him to bang on about this sh*t ad infinitum.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38809: Apr 21, 2019 02:25:50 pm
      Linked to Ziyech this morning all crap sources but I really like him such a creative player top talent.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38810: Apr 21, 2019 02:26:03 pm
      He's just setting up his summer whingefest.
      Expect him to bang on about this sh*t ad infinitum.

I donā€™t expect us to go mad in the summer

Couple young players , one experienced out of contract player and maybe one established/young potential player who can play in the front three

Some are going to be throwing their toys around the place when all these ā€œrumoursā€ get shown to be nonsense and all these ā€œFIFAā€ or ā€œFootball Managerā€ Players donā€™t arrive
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38811: Apr 21, 2019 02:52:51 pm
      Linked to Ziyech this morning all crap sources but I really like him such a creative player top talent.
      In truth, I don't know him...
      But Zaha has said that he wants to leave for CL football,He as been very clear on that. And thoughs claiming that because PSG are willing to pay Ā£65m for him that we would have to pay more should pay more attention to transfers...

Chelsea tried in the very same window to sign Kaka from AC Milan for Ā£72.3M, Real made an offer of Ā£56.6m.. He chose Real.

Some people seem to forget that the player has to agree to go to that club and under what teams.

Zaha may also think at PSG it would be like his time at United...

Sane on the other hand May want to got back the Germany, but we will not know that unless we make a bid for him
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38812: Apr 21, 2019 02:54:45 pm
      I donā€™t expect us to go mad in the summer

Couple young players , one experienced out of contract player and maybe one established/young potential player who can play in the front three

Some are going to be throwing their toys around the place when all these ā€œrumoursā€ get shown to be nonsense and all these ā€œFIFAā€ or ā€œFootball Managerā€ Players donā€™t arrive

Might see a Fekir type, but like you, I don't expect us to go mad.
      The squad is all but complete now, and just needs a few tweaks, nothing major.

I'll probably ignore the transfer threads, and just keep an eye on ins/outs.
      The transfer tantrums get more tedious every year.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38813: Apr 21, 2019 02:59:35 pm
      Might see a Fekir type, but like you, I don't expect us to go mad.
      The squad is all but complete now, and just needs a few tweaks, nothing major.

I'll probably ignore the transfer threads, and just keep an eye on ins/outs.
      The transfer tantrums get more tedious every year.

Yeah someone who can play in between the lines with a bit of creativity, Fekir has one year left on his contract and despite my misgivings on his knee etc Lyon may well be a bit more open to a more ā€œfavourableā€ deal in regards payments etc

If not then could see Klopp look at someone like Maddison or Brooks - the one I expect to see us linked with will be Brandt - would be a good price as well

We wonā€™t be looking at the likes of Zaha
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #38814: Apr 21, 2019 03:17:25 pm
      If you loved playing football... I mean really loved playing, would you be happy sitting on the bench for most of the season just taking the money, especially if you believed that you were as good if not better that the person/persons being picked ahead of you...? Or would you rather take a drop in wages and play for a slightly more inferior Club to for fill your dream of play more often, maybe in every match..? I always liked to believe that I was "Difference Maker" and It was mainly because of me why the team gone so well. A lot of these players believe that's what they are...

And Yes you have some that are quite happy to sit on that bench pulling in big money and by default getting medals, But I don't see Jesus or Sane as being those types of player 

Try putting yourself those players shoe...

We saw this a lot with Real in the late nineties,Zaha leaving Man Utd to return to Palace, and Milner Leaving City for Liverpool, quoting that he wanted more game time

I get that, but 8 players, not a chance
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38815: Apr 21, 2019 03:20:03 pm
      Yeah someone who can play in between the lines with a bit of creativity, Fekir has one year left on his contract and despite my misgivings on his knee etc Lyon may well be a bit more open to a more ā€œfavourableā€ deal in regards payments etc

If not then could see Klopp look at someone like Maddison or Brooks - the one I expect to see us linked with will be Brandt - would be a good price as well

We wonā€™t be looking at the likes of Zaha

I read somewhere that Fekir fell out with his agent over last summer's saga.
      Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it as I don't generally take much notice of all this "transfer rumour" clickbait sh*t.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38816: Apr 21, 2019 03:28:27 pm
      I read somewhere that Fekir fell out with his agent over last summer's saga.
      Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it as I don't generally take much notice of all this "transfer rumour" clickbait sh*t.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-fc-transfer-news-chelsea-nabil-fekir-summer-window-lyon-contract-agent-a8878891.html%3famp
       :)

Yep according to what I heard the other day all Fekir wanted was to come to us and believe his agent should have been stronger to get a restructured deal through even if it meant a reduction in signing on fees etc ie less money for the agent
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38817: Apr 21, 2019 03:48:17 pm
      I get that, but 8 players, not a chance
      May not be eight, but it does not mean that there are none
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38818: Apr 22, 2019 06:06:58 pm
      May not be eight, but it does not mean that there are none

We will sign a few for sure to replace outgoings:

GK to replace Mignolet and Karius
      LB to replace Moreno
      AM to replace Lallana
      Forward to replace Origi and Sturridge
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #38819: Apr 23, 2019 05:08:28 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38820: Apr 23, 2019 05:16:28 pm
      Tried to get Aouar before but fair play to the kid, he chose to stay for game time and has improved leaps & bounds.

Would be an astute signing cos JĆ¼rgen probably realizes we need to play 4-2-3-1 a lot more than we did this season, which would give him the chance to rest the front-3 a lot more. Him and Fab would be the perfect double pivot, him being that 'vertical' player and Fab the 'horizontal' player.

Also, would definitely be surprised if City arent in for him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38821: Apr 24, 2019 12:28:22 am
      Manchester City are concerned Germany winger Leroy Sane, 23, is considering a move away from the club as contract talks continue to stall.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/23/manchester-city-fear-leroy-sanes-head-turned-amid-contract-stand-off-9290531/

Not renowned for their football stories, but the rumors persist...
      I'm telling you people he is not a happy bunny
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38822: Apr 24, 2019 12:31:17 am
      Liverpool will demand 40m euros for 23-year-old Serbia midfielder Marko Grujic amid interest from Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3832549/liverpool-want-40m-from-atletico-for-grujic-transfer-sources

pity, I quite liked the lad, and felt all he needed was game time
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38823: Apr 24, 2019 04:17:33 pm
      Manchester City are concerned Germany winger Leroy Sane, 23, is considering a move away from the club as contract talks continue to stall.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/23/manchester-city-fear-leroy-sanes-head-turned-amid-contract-stand-off-9290531/

Not renowned for their football stories, but the rumors persist...
      I'm telling you people he is not a happy bunny

With Hudson-Odoi out for a long time, Bayern might tempt him.

Quick Reply