Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203284 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38916: May 07, 2019 02:26:33 pm
      Agreed. We have to push to have a squad as strong in depth at City.

That's impossible and you know it, no one will ever match City's infinite spending power.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38917: May 07, 2019 02:27:56 pm
      Bruno to City links everywhere. That would be a cracking signing, kinda long-term replacement for David Silva. Rodri would probably replace Gundogan if the latter leaves.

City plugging the gaps where they think they'll be vulnerable over a full season. We need to do exactly the same.

Yeah I was just thinking that what City need are more attacking midfielders!!! Are they now just buying up the market to make sure other clubs don't get these players?

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #38918: May 08, 2019 01:45:21 am
      Seems to be just about the right time to pick the phone up and give a call to De Ligt and ask him what are his plans 4 next year.

Make Big Virg do the call too.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38919: May 08, 2019 12:17:47 pm
      I told em to F**k off unless i get emily ratajkowski as part of the signing on fee

Just googled her.

Yep.
      In fact, I'd just have her as the whole F***ing contract.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38920: May 08, 2019 01:03:31 pm
      Seems to be just about the right time to pick the phone up and give a call to De Ligt and ask him what are his plans 4 next year.

Make Big Virg do the call too.

Would love him here.

Infact, any player would be an idiot to turn down Jürgen this summer after last night. We've come to a stage where we pick who we want without having to worry about competition. Back where we truly belong!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38921: May 08, 2019 01:42:40 pm
      Looks like City has signed Bruno Fernandez for £47m. I have a sneaky feeling Guardiola will use him more as cover or rotation for Fernandinho. I can also see them going for the Silva replacement in Felix.

Anyway, not too bothered as I haven't really watched both play, and I still prefer a quick wide player and striker, but with how Origi has been performing and Brewster incoming, maybe just a quick exceptional wide player will do.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38922: May 08, 2019 05:01:28 pm
      Looks like City has signed Bruno Fernandez for £47m. I have a sneaky feeling Guardiola will use him more as cover or rotation for Fernandinho. I can also see them going for the Silva replacement in Felix.

Anyway, not too bothered as I haven't really watched both play, and I still prefer a quick wide player and striker, but with how Origi has been performing and Brewster incoming, maybe just a quick exceptional wide player will do.

Fernandes and Fernandinho are completely different players. Bruno, more of a #10, is probably David Silva's replacement whose contract expires in 2020. Felix is as versatile as Bernardo Silva. Apart from these 2, they might probably bring in Rodri from Atletico. Thats your Fernandinho replacement.

As for us, looks like Jürgen is gonna field Rhian a lot next season and if Origi stays, we might be signing a versatile wide forward as a competition/back-up for Mane. Neres, Zaha, Depay, Werner.. a lot of promising talent out there.

And squad-wise, if we are moving on the likes of Lallana, Grujic, Wilson, Kent, Camacho et al, we should be definitely looking at a #10 ourselves. Someone who can impact the game in the final third. Cos if we play 4-2-3-1 more frequently than this season, I think we would need a proper #10 who can dovetail with Bobby. No wonder we tried to bring in Fekir.

Lovren stays if Jürgen is happy with him. 2 more squad signings to replace Moreno and Mignolet. This summer is going to be all about strengthening our attacking unit. Cant wait!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38923: May 08, 2019 08:50:43 pm
      Fekir Brandt Werner IN Lallana Sturridge Clyne Ings OUT sorted net spend £60M (maybe less with Kent,Wilson,Grujic etc)
      Crazy signing if the money is there would be de Ligt. We don’t really need him but could be a once in a generation defender
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2019 08:57:22 pm by Alfie2510 »
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #38924: May 09, 2019 01:43:53 am
      That's impossible and you know it, no one will ever match City's infinite spending power.

I remember the two of us having this discussion on newkit nearly eleven years ago.

Both of us saying how with the money that was at City’s hands would change the scope of the Premier League.

And there were some , well, more than some, who disagreed with us.

I don’t always,actually rarely agree with you but there are times 😂
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38925: May 09, 2019 02:07:33 am

It's largely quality of money spent, not the quantity of it. Robbo at 7-8mill and Mendy at 50mill is a fine example of that. As is Salah, Mane and Firmino for the cost of Pogba.

We are only having to play catch up because of the mess the team was in when Klopp took over.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #38926: May 09, 2019 05:46:14 am
      What they have in financial power , we have in fan support. I mean would City ever dream of anything like that Barca empty game?
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #38927: May 09, 2019 01:07:39 pm
      If we continue to scout as well as we have, it doesn’t matter how much they spend.  They can spend 50m for a player and we spend half that on a player just as good or better.  This and maintain the reputation of a club not afraid to promote from the Academy will keep us at the same level. 

There are some that say we have gotten lucky with recent signings.  Thats BS. I believe every player we have signed recently has increased in market value except maybe Naby and I still believe we have yet to see the best of him.   It’s hard to trust but our scouting department has proven they not only know value but know not to overspend.   Take Coutinho for example. It’s debatable he was worth what we sold him for but it can’t be debated that he doesn’t mesh with what Barca is trying to do. He doesn’t fit.  And now they are set to take a loss. They only player i can recall Klopp signing for more than 5m and not fitting is  Grujic and we are set to make a nice profit with him. The only net loss of Klopps signings has been Klavan and it was minimal.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #38928: May 09, 2019 01:10:25 pm
      Here we go....

With Moreno leaving, we will need someone who can deputize at LB.  Millie has been great, but I think we need someone who is more natural in that position.  It will be hard to find a decent player willing to be just a backup LB, so perhaps someone like Ake who can play at LB or CB with relative ease.  He would also give us the option to deploy a back 3 with him and Gomez either side of VVD. 

I think we need another CB considering the injury problems of Matip, Gomez, and Lovren.  If we sign Ake (or someone like him who can play LB and CB) then problem solved.  If we dont, then I'd like to see us throw whatever amount of money it takes to get De Ligt.  The potential partnership between him and VVD could set us up to dominate Europe for another 5-7 years. 

I think Lallana needs to be replaced.  That cat Rabiot is available on a free and he is a LFC fan.  Seems like a no brainer. 

I think Origi deserves another shot next year to continue to prove himself.  However, Studge is out and it looks like Klopp just doesn't trust Shaqiri.  We could probably sell Shaq for 20M+ this summer, so I'd sell and get in a new attacker who can slot into the front 3 without a drop in quality.  We need 1 more player in the bracket of Salah, Mane, Firmino. 

Beyond that, if Migs insists on leaving then we need a new backup GK.  Otherwise, just sell some of the fringe players to trim the fat and we're good.  Grujic, Kent, Wilson (his value is peak right now), Clyne, etc. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38929: May 09, 2019 02:03:04 pm
      Fekir Brandt Werner IN Lallana Sturridge Clyne Ings OUT sorted net spend £60M (maybe less with Kent,Wilson,Grujic etc)
      Crazy signing if the money is there would be de Ligt. We don’t really need him but could be a once in a generation defender

De Ligt didn't look all that trying to block Moura's shot last night, I'm really not convinced we need another CB, we have 4 very good ones already
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #38930: May 09, 2019 02:08:59 pm
      De Ligt didn't look all that trying to block Moura's shot last night, I'm really not convinced we need another CB, we have 4 very good ones already

Yup De Ligt nowhere near the finished article and the main reason Spurs won last night was because he couldn't handle Lorente.

In fact he lost every single header to Lorente last night and there is plenty of those big beasts in the EPL.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #38931: May 09, 2019 02:36:19 pm

That we do. To have Matip and Lovren as 3rd and 4th choices is amazing, but as much as i like Lovren, i would prefer to get someone else in who is more reliable health-wise. Dejan just gets hurt too much and while Fabinho can serve marvelously as 5th CB option, i would prefer not have to go there since he is boss at DM.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38932: May 09, 2019 02:53:12 pm
      That we do. To have Matip and Lovren as 3rd and 4th choices is amazing, but as much as i like Lovren, i would prefer to get someone else in who is more reliable health-wise. Dejan just gets hurt too much and while Fabinho can serve marvelously as 5th CB option, i would prefer not have to go there since he is boss at DM.

Lovrens main problem is what's between his ears.

As a CB, he has all the physical attributes, but he seems to be mentally weak, which is a problem when a player is prone to brain farts.
      How many times have we seen him make a mistake (not a problem really) then compound it by trying too hard to make up for it, and making even more errors.
      All players make mistakes; the best players put it behind them, and concentrate on the job.
      Lovren doesn't, he seems to almost obsess about a mistake, to the point he becomes error prone while trying to make up for it.

I think he's very talented, but mentally weak.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #38933: May 09, 2019 04:01:34 pm
      Looks like Bruno Fernandes to City is off, let's bring him in!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38934: May 09, 2019 05:45:47 pm
      Anyone concerned de Ligt's agent is Raiola. Didn't he call Klopp a piece of s**t once?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019 06:06:23 pm by Robby The Z »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #38935: May 09, 2019 07:46:13 pm
      Anyone concerned de Ligt's agent is Raiola. Didn't he call Klopp a piece of s**t once?

He’s just been banned from transfer activity to / from a Italy for 3 months.......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38936: May 09, 2019 07:52:50 pm
      Lovrens main problem is what's between his ears.

As well as picking up plenty of injuries. Starts to play well but then gets injured again so he struggles to get that consistency in his performances. He’s yet to go 10 successive games without picking up an injury since his arrival, I think I read recently.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38937: May 09, 2019 09:52:43 pm
      As well as picking up plenty of injuries. Starts to play well but then gets injured again so he struggles to get that consistency in his performances. He’s yet to go 10 successive games without picking up an injury since his arrival, I think I read recently.

I’ve got a sense Dejan has an underlying auto immune condition or something never known a professional athlete to be ‘ill’ as often as him
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38938: May 09, 2019 09:56:44 pm
      Anyone watching Frankfurt and thinking Jovic and Rebic would be perfect for us?

Quick Reply