Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205051 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38985: May 11, 2019 11:34:59 pm
      They are your words not mine and it is You who does n't seem to grasp the different of an individual and a team

My words were a player isn’t good enough and you take that as me talking about a team...

This isn’t the first time you have been trying to twist what I say and it’s becoming a common thing with you. Starting to wear very thin.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2019 11:41:49 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38986: May 12, 2019 12:14:04 am
      My words were a player isn’t good enough and you take that as me talking about a team...

This isn’t the first time you have been trying to twist what I say and it’s becoming a common thing with you. Starting to wear very thin.
      No that is not what I said.... I am saying you seem to believe because a player does not play in the CL he is not good enough...
      What I then went on to say was It takes a team to get into the CL not just one player...i.e. no matter how good a player is if the team around him is no good he will never get the chance to really see how good that player is. Hence me pointing out Robertson and Hull City

Starting to wear very thin.  I am I suppose to be worried  :o
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38987: May 12, 2019 01:33:02 am
      Other Players from other Clubs around the World, should be banging on our door saying they want to get on the Liverpool ride!

Why would you not want to play here with us?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38988: May 12, 2019 01:36:57 am
      Just because a player plays for a low level club it does not mean that said play is a low level player... Again Robertson came from Hull City... So no I will not give it a rest

There's a bit of a difference between Robertson and Tarkowski though isn't there?

One was Scottish young player of the year before he signed and a highly rated young left back.

The other is an ok defender in a very average PL side.

Put it this way, Fulham are a low level club but I would have Ryan Sessegnon here in a heart beat. So I don't rate players solely on the level of club they play at. I rate players on their level as a player and James Tarkowski isn't good enough to ever play for Liverpool FC.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38989: May 12, 2019 01:38:35 am
      So we collect 94 points in the league, reach the Champions League final and some people bring up Tarkowski?

What the F**k is wrong with you, Roy Hodgson is now at Crystal Palace
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38990: May 12, 2019 09:57:33 am

I saw a comment somewhere to say UTD pulled out of signing him because he would get to Big I actually think they said fat.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38991: May 12, 2019 10:00:04 am
      So we collect 94 points in the league, reach the Champions League final and some people bring up Tarkowski?

What the f**k is wrong with you, Roy Hodgson is now at Crystal Palace

League title contenders 2nd CL final in a row we can afford to be very selective and we do have two or three youngsters like Brewster and Wilson to come in. If your a young footballer having witnessed Liverpool this season why wouldn't you want to come here unless its about money in which case we don't want them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38992: May 12, 2019 10:41:30 am

What the f**k is wrong with you, Roy Hodgson is now at Crystal Palace

I was mentioning Tarkowski in terms of a player who could come in and fill in for Lovren, ie 3rd 4th choice CB, not someone who play week in week out. Our #1 CB pairing is Virgil and Joe and I honestly don't see many CB's out there who could replace either one of them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38993: May 12, 2019 10:58:39 am
      I was mentioning Tarkowski in terms of a player who could come in and fill in for Lovren, ie 3rd 4th choice CB, not someone who play week in week out. Our #1 CB pairing is Virgil and Joe and I honestly don't see many CB's out there who could replace either one of them.

Our number 1 future pairing is Virgil and Joe.

Our number 1 current pairing is Virgil and Joel.

I see no point in Tarkowski he would be overpriced as he's an English international player so we would pay big money for a 4th choice CB to replace a CB he's no better than.

I'm happy with our CB options for next season as is. Cover for Robbo and Trent is much more important.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2019 02:32:54 pm by bazspeedman »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38994: May 12, 2019 11:57:54 am

Put it this way, Fulham are a low level club but I would have Ryan Sessegnon here in a heart beat. So I don't rate players solely on the level of club they play at. I rate players on their level as a player and James Tarkowski isn't good enough to ever play for Liverpool FC.

You say that you don't

The other is an ok defender in a very average PL side.

But you also say
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38995: May 12, 2019 12:11:51 pm
      I saw a comment somewhere to say UTD pulled out of signing him because he would get to Big I actually think they said fat.

I saw that. Coming from a team that has Luke Shaw and Phil Jones. Lukaku isn’t exactly on the small side either. In other words, they’ve been turned down.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38996: May 12, 2019 12:33:05 pm
      I saw that. Coming from a team that has Luke Shaw and Phil Jones. Lukaku isn’t exactly on the small side either. In other words, they’ve been turned down.

Or worried about the canteen budget for next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38997: May 12, 2019 12:36:23 pm

You say that you don't

But you also say

My point being Sessegnon is a good player in a poor side like Robbo was at Hull.

Tarkowski is an OK player in a poor side.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38998: May 12, 2019 12:54:49 pm
      We need 5 players in the Summer:

Backup GK: Neil Ethridge
      Backup LB: Ryan Sessegnon
      Backup RB: Wan Bissaka/Jan Valery
      AM: Dybala/Fekir/Maddison/Felix/Fernandes/Ziyech
      Forward: Neres/Werner
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38999: May 12, 2019 04:53:06 pm
      We need 5 players in the Summer:

Backup GK: Neil Ethridge
      Backup LB: Ryan Sessegnon
      Backup RB: Wan Bissaka/Jan Valery
      AM: Dybala/Fekir/Maddison/Felix/Fernandes/Ziyech
      Forward: Neres/Werner

Baz, I can't see Dybala coming to sit on the bench, nor Werner
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39000: May 12, 2019 06:23:03 pm
      Baz, I can't see Dybala coming to sit on the bench, nor Werner

I know. Werner likely going to Bayern and can see Dybala going to the Scum for ridiculous money or maybe in a swap deal for Pogba.

Cover for GK and full backs should be our primary targets anyway.

Think we will sign a versatile forward also to cover the front lads hopefully Neres.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39001: May 12, 2019 06:58:40 pm
      3 faces in this window I recon. 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 attacker.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39002: May 12, 2019 08:33:17 pm

3 lucky faces to come here. We have a few really exciting young lads who will make the bench at least next season.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #39003: May 12, 2019 08:45:27 pm
      Just because a player plays for a low level club it does not mean that said play is a low level player... Again Robertson came from Hull City... So no I will not give it a rest

Or a player plays in a different type of setup  than we do. From long balls, to ball playing centre half. Just how?

Robertson came from Hull, but scouts could see the basic profile of him. Just because he plays for Burnley, does not mean he will fit the profile we need like Andy did. Stop this nonsense.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39004: May 12, 2019 09:06:47 pm
      I have no clue who will come but unless they are as good as the rest of the squad then forget it. I don't follow European football so cant name names but if Jürgen gives a player the nod then so bit because he built this puzzle and he knows how it all fits together
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #39005: May 12, 2019 11:36:31 pm
      We aren’t going to be near as active as prior years. Necessity only, no luxury spending.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39006: May 12, 2019 11:42:41 pm
      Can't afford to stand still. I am sure the club realise this. Quality over quantity
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39007: May 12, 2019 11:53:28 pm
      We aren’t going to be near as active as prior years. Necessity only, no luxury spending.

Thinking about it, we weren’t all that active last year, I think Keita kind of shines our summer business in a different light but he was a player that was wrapped up a year previously. Aside from him we only got 2 players in that were arguably purely for being first choice in their respective positions and Shaqiri was signed to act as cover and add a bit of depth to the team and I’d kind of expect the same this summer.

If anything it was the year before we were more looking to spend massively, bigger than last year because we got Salah, Robbo and Ox in for around 75mill and we had every intention of getting Van Dijk and Keita too, it was only because Saints and Leipzig made life difficult we had to wait.

I’d be surprised if we don’t get in at least another 3 players for the similar fees to what we paid for Alisson, Fabinho and Shaqiri. I’d hazard a guess at a low fee left back to provide cover for Robbo, then maybe look to take advantage of players in their final year of contract - the Fekir’s, Werner’s etc.
      There is a lot of quality players out there this summer that are gettable without breaking the bank. Probably the best it’s been in the transfer market for a number of years in how easy it could be to get key players from other teams.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2019 11:57:35 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply