Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D1 L4

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2328062 times
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,060 posts | 933 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39275: May 15, 2019 09:37:27 pm
      Firmino is the obvious weak link in that front 3. A top forward would comfortably replace him in the starting 11.

Surely you're taking the piss? Shouldn't be surprised given how you keep banging on about Sturridge.

Firmino is the best in the world at what he does. Not even kidding. There is no other player in the world I'd have playing his position.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,809 posts | 1882 
      Reply #39276: May 15, 2019 09:42:55 pm
      Surely you're taking the piss? Shouldn't be surprised given how you keep banging on about Sturridge.

Firmino is the best in the world at what he does. Not even kidding. There is no other player in the world I'd have playing his position.

I tell you what, Mbappe would probably be the only player in world football that would turn my head!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,454 posts | 3524 
      Reply #39277: May 15, 2019 09:56:48 pm
      Firmino is the obvious weak link in that front 3. A top forward would comfortably replace him in the starting 11.

not a chance in hell. where have you been FFS Jürgen loves this lad and rightly so
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,417 posts | 2443 
      Reply #39278: May 15, 2019 10:13:23 pm

You’d think mate. None so blind........

I tell you what, Mbappe would probably be the only player in world football that would turn my head!

Not instead of Bobby Purple - totally different role. He’d be “cover” for Mo and Sadio.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,487 posts | 2998 
      Reply #39279: May 15, 2019 10:50:12 pm

I’m sure you will reel a few in with that one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,279 posts | 3536 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39280: May 15, 2019 11:41:16 pm
      He's going to Barca mate.

And for £108 million they can have him.

Add on to that the near on 300mill for Coutinho and Dembele. Whilst never selling a player for big money. Only a matter of time before they come unstuck.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,217 posts | 256 
      Reply #39281: May 16, 2019 01:37:45 am
      Add on to that the near on 300mill for Coutinho and Dembele. Whilst never selling a player for big money. Only a matter of time before they come unstuck.

Neymar
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39282: May 16, 2019 07:38:44 am

😄😄

You've literally never watched us play if you think Bobby is a weak link

F***ing hell I'm sure the internet wasn't invented for this nonsense
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,279 posts | 3536 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39283: May 16, 2019 09:04:47 am

Completely forgot about Neymar. That money has been well and truly spent though. If they sign Griezeman then they’d have spent it more than twice over
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,907 posts | 224 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #39284: May 16, 2019 09:06:29 am
      not a chance in hell. where have you been FFS Jürgen loves this lad and rightly so

Some folk just dont see what Bobby does, he is a striker & a 10 in one player, and tracks back like F@~k.

1st name on team sheets after VVD I reckon.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,907 posts | 224 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #39285: May 16, 2019 09:07:45 am
      Is it only Sturridge & Moreno who can leave for free ?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39286: May 16, 2019 09:08:54 am
      Is it only Sturridge & Moreno who can leave for free ?

Yeah..

There were rumours about Milner but he has a year to run still
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,412 posts | 1183 
      Reply #39287: May 16, 2019 09:29:41 am
      Houssem Aouar?

Yes please.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,510 posts | 1821 
      Reply #39288: May 16, 2019 09:42:16 am
      A top forward to play across the front 3 is really all we need and perhaps another utility defender to give Robbo and Trent some extra cover
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,412 posts | 1183 
      Reply #39289: May 16, 2019 10:00:07 am
      A top forward to play across the front 3 is really all we need and perhaps another utility defender to give Robbo and Trent some extra cover

Looks like we were scouting at last Lyon match... Depay perhaps?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,510 posts | 1821 
      Reply #39290: May 16, 2019 10:10:07 am
      Looks like we were scouting at last Lyon match... Depay perhaps?

Depay, the Man Utd reject who had an attitude problem from what I remember? More likely Fekir I think
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 779 posts | 59 
      Reply #39291: May 16, 2019 10:57:02 am
      Zaha says he wants to leave for champs league football, arsenal favourites to sign him.... weirdly

I'd take him here to help with rotation, could play through the middle irninterchange with the front 3.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,551 posts | 4110 
      Reply #39292: May 16, 2019 11:10:43 am
      I'd take him here to help with rotation, could play through the middle irninterchange with the front 3.

Completely agree.  If he would come, and I know he wants to play regularly, then Zaha would be a very good signing for us IMO.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,809 posts | 1882 
      Reply #39293: May 16, 2019 11:11:33 am
      Zaha says he wants to leave for champs league football, arsenal favourites to sign him.... weirdly

I think Zaha is quality and at 26, he should be in his peak for 4-5 seasons, but will he be up for the fight?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,412 posts | 1183 
      Reply #39294: May 16, 2019 11:13:20 am

He's valued at over £60 million do you want to pay that for a squad player?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,454 posts | 3524 
      Reply #39295: May 16, 2019 11:14:30 am
      Not sure about Zaha he has the pace needed but he is going to be pricey. Mind you we know Jürgen can take an average player and make them into a great ne but I do think his price tag is going to be too high.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,412 posts | 1183 
      Reply #39296: May 16, 2019 11:15:03 am
      Completely agree.  If he would come, and I know he wants to play regularly, then Zaha would be a very good signing for us IMO.

I'm not sold. Very talented but a bit soft I'm not sure he has the battle ability in him to be a Klopp player.

And he will be way overvalued.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,963 posts | 502 
      Reply #39297: May 16, 2019 11:29:40 am

If you guys think that our front 3 are perfect and cannot be improved on then fair enough.

But as far as I'm concerned, Firmino does not pose enough threat, and I would be happy for a better replacement or someone to swap with him.

He went through a bad phase this season and yet played every match at that time.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,809 posts | 1882 
      Reply #39298: May 16, 2019 11:53:14 am
      If you guys think that our front 3 are perfect and cannot be improved on then fair enough.

But as far as I'm concerned, Firmino does not pose enough threat, and I would be happy for a better replacement or someone to swap with him.

He went through a bad phase this season and yet played every match at that time.

I think there is always someone better (whether individual or for the team), but on paper, I don't see many that would come in and become a regular in our front 3, at best, it would be rotation or playing with our front 3 for now.

Any players you would suggest that would push Firmino to the bench and make us a better team?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,551 posts | 4110 
      Reply #39299: May 16, 2019 12:07:22 pm

I doubt £60M is overvalued nowadays given the size of the PL and CL money - an extra £12M on the books for say a 5 year deal is something I think the club could swallow if the likes of Mane were to do their cruciate!

I think the front 3 are arguably our best front three since we started having front threes as such.  I think the problem is in the replacement three and pressure for their places.

After last season I thought of them all that Mane was the one who could most easily be replaced and he's stitched me right up on the basis of his season.

Quick Reply