Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4202794 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39284: Jun 03, 2019 11:37:13 am
      I dream of a right side with Arnold and Sancho ... You can call me crazy but if we receive an offer of 200 mil for Salah i'd let him go and sign either of Dembele/Sancho as a replacement. And i would also sign Sessegnon/Odoi as a backup for left wing.

You're crazy.

Salah is the best in the business in the role he plays for us so selling him would be stupid.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2019 11:47:50 am by srslfc »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39285: Jun 03, 2019 11:45:43 am
      You're crazy.

Sarah is the best in the business in the role he plays for us so selling him would be stupid.

Is he transitioning 😉😂
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #39286: Jun 03, 2019 11:47:40 am

:D damn autocorrect
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39287: Jun 03, 2019 11:58:27 am
      You're crazy.

Salah is the best in the business in the role he plays for us so selling him would be stupid.

I just believe that Sancho has a higher ceiling and would be a perfect signing for us ...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #39288: Jun 03, 2019 12:03:07 pm
      I just believe that Sancho has a higher ceiling and would be a perfect signing for us ...

Then sign him as well - but we don’t need to sell our best players to get these others in - those days are gone
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39289: Jun 03, 2019 12:38:06 pm
      I dream of a right side with Arnold and Sancho ... You can call me crazy but if we receive an offer of 200 mil for Salah i'd let him go and sign either of Dembele/Sancho as a replacement. And i would also sign Sessegnon/Odoi as a backup for left wing.
      You don’t sell off your families crown  Jewell’s George as @L.I.P rightly pointed out those days should be long gone,all about strengthening the team now & it’s going to be an interesting summer to say the least.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39290: Jun 03, 2019 12:43:36 pm
      You don’t sell off your families crown  Jewell’s George as @L.I.P rightly pointed out those days should be long gone,all about strengthening the team now & it’s going to be an interesting summer to say the least.

Yep! I would like to see us buy at least 3 players (without any sales) with 2 of those established and ready to fight for the first team. We have a long season ahead of us, especially now that it's been confirmed we're competing in the World club cup!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39291: Jun 03, 2019 01:17:30 pm

Oh, f**king hell!! Really, thats what you can think of?

Ok, lemme give you the numbers. £95mil from CL, £150mil from PL and at least £75 from sales. Granted, we are offering new contracts and stuff. But we are WAAAAYYYYYY past the times of selling our best to fund incomings.

Our build up play this season was predominantly through our phenomenal full backs cos Jürgen set us up to have more control through the middle to reduce opposition chances (cue the cries from Jan/Feb that our midfield not scoring more). If we have to improve on what we have, we need a craftsman who unlocks 2-banks-of-4 say, a Bruno Fernandes or a Nabil Fekir or a Hakim Ziyech or a similar profile. THAT IS IT. One world-class signing. We got some decent depth upfront with Div, Rhian, Shaq, may be a young singing like Samuel Chukwueze but we need THAT player though! Excited to see who we are after.

Any other signing would be for the squad - most likely a LB and a GK.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39292: Jun 03, 2019 01:46:50 pm
      Top class forward and good utility FB, that is all we need so we should spend big on the forward. I'd love it if we went for Hazard or even MBappe, send a real message to City
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #39293: Jun 03, 2019 01:48:26 pm
      Top class forward and good utility FB, that is all we need so we should spend big on the forward. I'd love it if we went for Hazard or even MBappe, send a real message to City

We aren’t going to be bidding for either of those players - let’s be honest now
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #39294: Jun 03, 2019 01:51:26 pm

Didn't Hazard say he would not play for any other PL team outside Chelsea? and no way Mbappe is going to be made available this summer.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39295: Jun 03, 2019 01:53:50 pm
      Didn't Hazard say he would not play for any other PL team outside Chelsea? and no way Mbappe is going to be made available this summer.

Did he say that, if so fair play to him but what a player he is. As for MBappe, it would cost a lot of money but what a statement signing it would be and if he wanted to leave what could PSG do?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39296: Jun 03, 2019 01:55:35 pm
      Did he say that, if so fair play to him but what a player he is. As for MBappe, it would cost a lot of money but what a statement signing it would be and if he wanted to leave what could PSG do?

He would probably cost around 250m-300m and 500k-1m p/w in wages! ;D!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39297: Jun 03, 2019 02:00:49 pm
      He would probably cost around 250m-300m and 500k-1m p/w in wages! ;D!!

£1m per week wages, that would be some pay rise seeing as he's on £300k at the moment!!! as for the fee I'd imagine between £150 and £200m
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #39298: Jun 03, 2019 02:04:57 pm
      You're crazy.

Crazy is being polite. No team that wants to win anything sells their best players. Freaking ridiculous.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #39299: Jun 03, 2019 03:03:24 pm
      £1m per week wages, that would be some pay rise seeing as he's on £300k at the moment!!! as for the fee I'd imagine between £150 and £200m

Why would his fee drop from when PSG bought him ?

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39300: Jun 03, 2019 03:09:56 pm
      Crazy is being polite. No team that wants to win anything sells their best players. Freaking ridiculous.

The good news is, we are in a position where we don't have to do this anymore.  Every player in the world will want a piece of what we have at the moment.  Also, thanks to the massive TV contracts, CL money, and robust revenue streams, we are flush with cash and should have no problem signing a few top class players who can help further improve us for next season. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjpq-a4vs3iAhUGvFkKHV5IBGMQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fgifs%2Fparks-and-recreation-rec-funny-gif-MnSPp25SKf7ck&psig=AOvVaw0d2gzhFMYzg8sICaRwo78Y&ust=1559657317826645
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #39301: Jun 03, 2019 03:24:17 pm

The book :roll:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #39302: Jun 03, 2019 03:25:58 pm

And I dream of a forum without stupid F***ing posts like selling Mo Salah but you can't have everything in life.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39303: Jun 03, 2019 03:28:55 pm
      And I dream of a forum without stupid f**king posts like selling Mo Salah but you can't have everything in life.

I really dont get this selling salah rubbish, hes top scorer again, fastest LFC player in history to 50 goals, etc...  The lad is a machine, theres more to come from him I reckon too.

Also we dont need to sell anyone, weve just made £250mill from EPL & Champions league, the money is there for klopp to get whoever he wants.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39304: Jun 03, 2019 04:28:05 pm

Why would his fee drop from when PSG bought him ?

He was transferred to PSG for £166m, since then has his value gone up much, not really in my opinion, hence £200m top ceiling.
      A bit of fact checking before you post would be appreciated!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #39305: Jun 03, 2019 04:45:54 pm
      I really dont get this selling salah rubbish, hes top scorer again, fastest LFC player in history to 50 goals, etc...  The lad is a machine, theres more to come from him I reckon too.

Also we dont need to sell anyone, weve just made £250mill from EPL & Champions league, the money is there for klopp to get whoever he wants.

Exactly.

Top teams didn't sell their best players unless forced to.

Would Barca sell Messi?

Would City sell De Bruyne?

We are in a position now where we have the money to sign 2 or 3 top class players a season without needing to sell any of our stars.

We can just keep improving the depth of quality in the squad to continue competing with City domestically and the top clubs in CL.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #39306: Jun 03, 2019 04:48:31 pm
      He was transferred to PSG for £166m, since then has his value gone up much, not really in my opinion, hence £200m top ceiling.
      A bit of fact checking before you post would be appreciated!

So you don’t think since Mbappe went to PSG his stock hasn’t risen in any way ?!

Christ you still don’t have a clue about the actual game - just stick to playing FIFA or Football Manager

You haven’t got a clue about how we are as a club and how the manager works over his history

Only someone clueless would keep blurting out about buying Hazard and Mbappe. Go away and study

Quick Reply