Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206887 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39330: Jun 04, 2019 07:35:29 pm
      I don't think Jürgen will let many go he like continuity and loyalty . Two already mentioned I don't think it will be many more its evolution with Jürgen. Why would we change much 97 points and European Champions just a few tweeks needed
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39331: Jun 04, 2019 07:39:56 pm
      I don't think Jürgen will let many go he like continuity and loyalty . Two already mentioned I don't think it will be many more its evolution with Jürgen. Why would we change much 97 points and European Champions just a few tweeks needed

Yup will only be Depay and maybe De Ligt plus a couple of squad players to cover GK and LB.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #39332: Jun 04, 2019 07:44:15 pm

Would not surprise me if Lallana and Migs opt to go for a fresh start and chance at playing regularly. Depending on what we do at striker, Divock may also want to go instead of moving down 1 in the pecking order. Not earth-shattering moves and mainly impacts squad players vs. starters, but still a good amount of activity.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #39333: Jun 04, 2019 07:58:38 pm
      Yup will only be Depay and maybe De Ligt plus a couple of squad players to cover GK and LB.

It won’t be Depay or De Ligt
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #39334: Jun 04, 2019 07:58:53 pm
      U just can't rely on him to be available anymore. Guys like him and Lovern are still valuable enough to get a decent amount for them. At this point I have all the confidence that whatever FSG do this summer will certainly improve our squad.

Please don't compare Lovren to Lallana. Adam (if he wants to stay and accept a role that may not include as much playing time as before) is a highly skilled player when healthy. Even when healthy, Lovren can be and is often a liability.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #39335: Jun 04, 2019 07:59:18 pm

We won't be signing Depay or DeLigt. And honestly I'm perfectly fine with that. DeLigt got bullied by Llorente in the biggest game of his career. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's the next coming of Sami Hyypia? He looks great in the national team...could that be because Virgil makes him look great?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #39336: Jun 04, 2019 10:56:41 pm
      We won't be signing Depay or DeLigt. And honestly I'm perfectly fine with that. DeLigt got bullied by Llorente in the biggest game of his career. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's the next coming of Sami Hyypia? He looks great in the national team...could that be because Virgil makes him look great?

I’m not particularly fussed if we get De Ligt or not but you can’t judge him on one match believe me as a regular watcher of Scottish football VVD had his moments as a young player - Ronald Koeman has already said he is a better defender than he ever was.
      The suggestion is Man Utd as is their want are throwing massive money at him - £200k plus...if that’s the case we won’t go anywhere near that nor should we.
      Midfielder play maker to replace Lallana and someone that can play across the front 3 and that should be about that, maybe a young lb
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #39337: Jun 04, 2019 11:53:37 pm
      Please don't compare Lovren to Lallana. Adam (if he wants to stay and accept a role that may not include as much playing time as before) is a highly skilled player when healthy. Even when healthy, Lovren can be and is often a liability.

I'll compare who I want boss. Lallana is very skilled, but has been very injury prone for some time now, and is much farther down the pecking order than Lovern is. I really like Adam, but his body seems to given up on him. No shame in that.

Lovern is a good CB. He can also be a liability at times. However, the dude got his place back into the team after the Tottenham debacle last year and played a big part in us getting to the CL final last season. He had a good world cup aswell. He's a great 4th option for us at CB, however, like Lallana he cant be trusted to stay healthy. There are teams who would pay a decent amount to have either of these cats. Use that money to get guys that you can rely on a little more
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #39338: Jun 05, 2019 07:19:09 am
      I think we'll sign four (CB, LB, attacking midfielder and a wide forward), five if Mignolet leaves.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39339: Jun 05, 2019 08:33:17 am

Absolute rubbish, both Lovren and Lallana are very good footballers but both have lapses in concentration and games where they are simply not at the races, but the main factor against both of them is that they are more injured than healthy these days.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39340: Jun 05, 2019 08:37:37 am
      I think we'll sign four (CB, LB, attacking midfielder and a wide forward), five if Mignolet leaves.

I'm not convinced we need another CB, unless Lovren leaves. The only two priorities for us are a utility FB (who can play left and right back) and a top class forward to rotate into the front three, anything else would be a bonus. We also have Ox and Brewster to come into the team and they are effectively like 2 new signings, plus a lot of very promising youngsters like Hoever. The future really is looking very bright for us at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39341: Jun 05, 2019 08:56:07 am
      Yup, Unless Lovren decides to leave I dont see any need for new CB's, but you never know.

Defo new LB to replace Moreno.

Mings is defo leaving and Karius aint coming back, so the backup goalie is a must.

Could be replacing Sturridge with Brewster in the squad, but I think we will go for a top replacement for sturridge, someone who can push the front 3 and keep Origi on his toes too.

If Lallana goes I dont think it impacts the squad greatly as the OX is back and naby will be fit again, thats 6 MF into 3 places.

So we could only see 3 new players in the squad, with a few youngsters being promoted.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39342: Jun 05, 2019 09:27:56 am
      Linked with James Maddison this morning to replace Lallana.

Good player but not worth the £60 million he's valued at. We should have snapped him up last Summer for £20 mill.

Still he's a big upgrade on Lallana and we have the funds so happy to bring him in.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39343: Jun 05, 2019 09:30:38 am

Good player but not worth the £60 million he's valued at. We should have snapped him up last Summer for £20 mill.

Still he's a big upgrade on Lallana and we have the funds so happy to bring him in.

Maddison is a good player but do we need him? We already have Keita, Ox and Shaq who can play the attacking midfield role, do we really need another one?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39344: Jun 05, 2019 09:33:17 am
      Maddison is a good player but do we need him? We already have Keita, Ox and Shaq who can play the attacking midfield role, do we really need another one?

Probably not to be honest although he does offer more goal threat than Keita, Ox and Shaq put together.
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #39345: Jun 05, 2019 09:34:32 am

Less of a dribbler compared than Depay... but tackles and defends better.... adding energy to the forward lines
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39346: Jun 05, 2019 09:52:42 am

fuk, I forgot wee Shaq.

Our MF options are. Hendo, Milner, Fab, Gini, Naby, the OX & the Shaq. 7 into 3. Plenty cover there. 

Be very interesting to see what klopp does tbh.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39347: Jun 05, 2019 09:55:50 am
      fuk, I forgot wee Shaq.

Our MF options are. Hendo, Milner, Fab, Gini, Naby, the OX & the Shaq. 7 into 3. Plenty cover there. 

Be very interesting to see what klopp does tbh.

I think that Klopp will recruit in positions where players leave, and then that will be job done.
      Already that means bringing in a striker and LB. Quality over quantity.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39348: Jun 05, 2019 10:17:51 am
      If you are a footballer who puts football first after what happened this weekend why wouldn't you want to come here .
      I don't see us buying a "star" like Bale as some suggest or Mbappe but lets see what happens I think we have all learned to trust Jurgens judgement on players
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39349: Jun 05, 2019 10:28:17 am
      Less of a dribbler compared than Depay... but tackles and defends better.... adding energy to the forward lines

Yea he has a bit of bite to him which I like and works hard. Would be the perfect Lallana replacement.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39350: Jun 05, 2019 11:45:50 am
      I think that Klopp will recruit in positions where players leave, and then that will be job done.
      Already that means bringing in a striker and LB. Quality over quantity.

How about Harry Wilson for striker?
      There's Ryan Sessegnon out there but would be come?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39351: Jun 05, 2019 11:56:52 am
      There's Ryan Sessegnon out there but would be come?

Yes, he's grown up supporting the club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39352: Jun 05, 2019 12:25:00 pm
      Yes, he's grown up supporting the club.

Only he'll sign for Spurs like Dele Alli.

Quick Reply