Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204849 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39353: Jun 05, 2019 12:42:38 pm
      Only he'll sign for Spurs like Dele Alli.

That wasn’t Alli’s fault, We could have signed him but the club decided against it and a player isn’t going to sit around in the lower divisions if another Premier League team came calling.

Only one side at fault for Alli not signing and unfortunately that’s us.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39354: Jun 05, 2019 01:10:08 pm
      That wasn’t Alli’s fault, We could have signed him but the club decided against it and a player isn’t going to sit around in the lower divisions if another Premier League team came calling.

Only one side at fault for Alli not signing and unfortunately that’s us.

That's during the BR / transfer committee era. His transfer was completed in early 2015 while BR left in October 2015.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #39355: Jun 05, 2019 02:13:03 pm
      Probably not to be honest although he does offer more goal threat than Keita, Ox and Shaq put together.
      I am very curious to see how Klopp reincorporates Ox next year. Last spring (2018) with Ox taking possession and driving hard through the middle with the ball, back line defenders were forced to come forward because of his aggression.....giving LFC lopsided numbers during breakouts. LFC was at their goal scoring best pre Ox injury with Salah and Mane the beneficiary of these 2 vs 1 break outs. (Sometimes they actually passed to each other) Ox also had some big goal scoring strikes from outside the box.
      Getting Ox back is like getting a free star transfer. The only question is what will the rotation be. LFC will have 6 legit mids available for 2019-20.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39356: Jun 05, 2019 02:22:19 pm
      I am very curious to see how Klopp reincorporates Ox next year. Last spring (2018) with Ox taking possession and driving hard through the middle with the ball, back line defenders were forced to come forward because of his aggression.....giving LFC lopsided numbers during breakouts. LFC was at their goal scoring best pre Ox injury with Salah and Mane the beneficiary of these 2 vs 1 break outs. (Sometimes they actually passed to each other) Ox also had some big goal scoring strikes from outside the box.
      Getting Ox back is like getting a free star transfer. The only question is what will the rotation be. LFC will have 6 legit mids available for 2019-20.

No doubt our midfield is gonna be a lot different to what we have seen this season if Ox or Keita becomes a regular. The return of Ox and a settled, and hopefully fitter Keita will add a new dimension to our midfield.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39357: Jun 05, 2019 04:38:17 pm
      Said it before. We need that #10 player who can unlock defenses cos we relied too much on our full backs this season. The friendly vs Lyon at Geneva might be part of a transfer and I hope its Fekir (I know its tiring to talk about him, I just hope its him). With 1 year left in his contract, we might pay a comparatively lesser fee.  Better yet, Bruno Fernandes.

2 squad signings - LB and GK. If Origi decides to leave as a legend, we could sign a striker.

De Ligt talks are just agent fueled to get the best deal possible from Barca.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #39358: Jun 05, 2019 04:58:38 pm
      I'm not convinced we need another CB, unless Lovren leaves.

remember the situation we were in against wolves in the cup? with so many competitions happening at the same time. i genuinely think we need 5 good CB's at the club.

or maybe a player that can play both CB or full back. But thats rare these days.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019 05:07:01 pm by PastorGeek »
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #39359: Jun 05, 2019 05:10:02 pm
      Don't really need more bodies in an already crowded midfield. The only true need i see is a top player up front with any other additions made only to replace departures. Also need to figure out if players like Grujic, Wilson and Brewster will be given a chance to be on the team and in what capacity, which would mean fewer external additions to the team.

Read an article saying Lewis could be LB backup now that Moreno is gone, which would mean no LB replacement has to be bought, particularly as Milner can also play there in a pinch. Migs is a little older, so he may decide to stay and collect trophies rather than seek playing time at a non-contending team. Lallana is perennially hurt so not sure what the plan is for him.

CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #39360: Jun 05, 2019 05:11:58 pm
      remember the situation we were in against wolves in the cup? with so many competitions happening at the same time. i genuinely think we need 5 good CB's at the club.

or maybe a player that can play both CB or full back. But thats rare these days.

You're not going to have 5 quality CBs at the club and all of them be happy with it. 4 is plenty, and we have Fabinho who can play as CB as well in case of emergency.

Unless Lovren decides to seek more playing time somewhere else, our 4 CBs are as good as there is. That Gomez can also play RB is a nice plus to have.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39361: Jun 05, 2019 06:03:59 pm
      I want Lovrens passion to see him absolutely giving it the beans on the stage and on the Bus was really great. Yes he can have a brain fart but like most of this squad he will improve we now have a great squad with just a couple of tweeks needed .
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39362: Jun 05, 2019 06:06:43 pm
      Ok. Realistically here's what we need:

1. A backup left back (Chilwel, Tierney et al.)
      2. A young midfielder ready to take Milner's place when he retires (if he ever does!) - This could well end up being someone like Marko Grujic anyway but Kai Havertz from Leverkusen would be the one I'd want
      3. A playmaker who can play in the front 3 or as an attacking midfielder (Fekir, Draxler, et al.)
      4. An out and out striker to replace Sturridge as backup to Bobby - I think Brewster should get a shot at this. Now or never for him. Perhaps a veteran striker as 3rd choice insurance policy.

Here's a 'F**k it' list of players I want us to go for that we never will but it would be F***ing cool if we got one of them:

1. Luis Suarez
      2. Saul
      3. Isco
      4. De Ligt
      5. Koulibaly

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,897 posts | 3394 
      Reply #39363: Jun 05, 2019 06:38:24 pm

Do you mean someone like Gomez or even the young Dutch lad or even Fabinho - we won’t have 5 cbs at the club - that’s why Klavan left last summer.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #39364: Jun 05, 2019 08:10:30 pm
      Ok. Realistically here's what we need:

1. A backup left back (Chilwel, Tierney et al.)
      2. A young midfielder ready to take Milner's place when he retires (if he ever does!) - This could well end up being someone like Marko Grujic anyway but Kai Havertz from Leverkusen would be the one I'd want
      3. A playmaker who can play in the front 3 or as an attacking midfielder (Fekir, Draxler, et al.)
      4. An out and out striker to replace Sturridge as backup to Bobby - I think Brewster should get a shot at this. Now or never for him. Perhaps a veteran striker as 3rd choice insurance policy.

Here's a 'f**k it' list of players I want us to go for that we never will but it would be f**king cool if we got one of them:

1. Luis Suarez
      2. Saul
      3. Isco
      4. De Ligt
      5. Koulibaly

Honestly with Bobby, Origi definitely deserving a new contract I think Brewster is an excellent third choice striker to have. Also gives us the flexibility of playing Origi wide or Shaq - otherwise I agree with those priorities! Wouldn't mind upgrading on Lovren to have another young CB who has potential (De Ligt would be that guy).
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39365: Jun 05, 2019 08:39:19 pm
      Honestly with Bobby, Origi definitely deserving a new contract I think Brewster is an excellent third choice striker to have. Also gives us the flexibility of playing Origi wide or Shaq - otherwise I agree with those priorities! Wouldn't mind upgrading on Lovren to have another young CB who has potential (De Ligt would be that guy).

I would be surprised if Divok is with us come the end of the window.

We can’t offer him consistent football and there’ll be plenty of offers of good money from clubs that can
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #39366: Jun 05, 2019 08:44:05 pm

We can’t offer him consistent football and there’ll be plenty of offers of good money from clubs that can

I think he and the club are in complimentary positions, he knows he's unlikely to shift Bobby in the short term. But he is for me first choice off the bench (and was before his recent heroics) - he's 1st backup, aged 24, at least 3 years from his peak. With Klopp's intensity he is only going to get more playing time if he continues to prove himself. He's not going to get first team football at any top club right now, would he get in any of the top 6's first 11? Not for me right now...but Bobby could start declining just as he hits his peak.

Add this to the fact that he wants a new long term contract here I don't really see why he would leave having played himself into semi-legendary status?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #39367: Jun 05, 2019 09:11:16 pm
      Do you mean someone like Gomez or even the young Dutch lad or even Fabinho - we won’t have 5 cbs at the club - that’s why Klavan left last summer.

wait till its mid season and we have 3 CB injuries again and chasing a title.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,126 posts | 127 
      Reply #39368: Jun 05, 2019 09:54:17 pm

you know studge could when available , but  Origi wants to be here,and it will cost us nothing, apart from wages. Difficult one this, but maybe you can see what he brings. If they cash in now, fair comment, but  if they do we will have to replace him. but it will cost, and will  the replacement be happy playing 3rd base, or just get rid?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #39369: Jun 05, 2019 10:40:26 pm
      We need a Cantona style signing from one of our 'rivals' ;D

Eriksen? Aubameyang? Son? Moura? DELE ALLI? HAZARD?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #39370: Jun 05, 2019 10:54:43 pm

Nah we don't need to poach players.

We make players.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39371: Jun 06, 2019 11:06:45 am
      Sessegnon would be a very good backup and could develop into a top player under Klopp.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39372: Jun 06, 2019 12:05:36 pm

True but with Fabinho in emergencies we do have 5 CB's
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39373: Jun 06, 2019 12:09:25 pm

I'd love it if we could get Son, outstanding player, I rate him very highly.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #39374: Jun 06, 2019 12:30:02 pm
      So Nicolas Pepe, Bruno Fernandez being linked.

Would love both!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39375: Jun 06, 2019 12:35:13 pm
      I'd love it if we could get Son, outstanding player, I rate him very highly.

I can see Klopp rotating the front 3 like how he does with the midfield if we bought someone of Son's caliber, would be a crazy signing! He would hit world class levels under Klopp.

Quick Reply