Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200076 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39721: Jun 26, 2019 01:46:54 pm
      Which is what seems strange to me. It doesn’t really benefit us in any way for Edwards to take such a step. We are (sometimes seemingly credibly) linked with multiple players in any given window. Why such a rush to try and discredit this one report when there is only one guy reporting on it?
      Fair question. Two things that jump to mind  are avoiding concern among our existing playing staff or avoiding concern from some other target. Maybe an Origi or Harry Wilson would frown on our bringing in a new player at their position and we are trying to persuade them to stay. Perhaps the "other" target angle more plausible. Hard to say, as it is curious.

I don't think the Southampton bit really applies here because I don't think we were underhanded in how we approached most of those (maybe Virgil). It's no crime to want to bring in better players.

Edit: something else comes to mind, kind of related to my 2nd option therr, what if we are working ahead by a window or two and talking w someone about joining us on a free, and promising him not to bring in another big name forward in.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2019 01:57:18 pm by Robby The Z »
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #39722: Jun 26, 2019 11:55:55 pm
      bit disappointing that nothing seems to be happening. we still need a deeper squad, have a guarantee of more games this season, and ive absolutely no idea still what the heck we'd do if anything happened to any of the front 3...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39723: Jun 27, 2019 08:26:45 am
      bit disappointing that nothing seems to be happening. we still need a deeper squad, have a guarantee of more games this season, and ive absolutely no idea still what the heck we'd do if anything happened to any of the front 3...

We will do some dealings, i trust those in charge. But i guess we will have to wait for European U21 Championships, Copa America and African Cup of Nations to finish.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #39724: Jun 27, 2019 10:30:50 am

Brewster and Origi will be on the bench next season.

It will be difficult to sign a quality player to come in as cover for our front 3.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #39725: Jun 27, 2019 10:43:17 am
      Brewster and Origi will be on the bench next season.

It will be difficult to sign a quality player to come in as cover for our front 3.

So a kid who’s been injured for 2 years and a guy who despite his hero status.... isn’t that good.

I don’t want someone in as cover. I want someone in so we can rotate and not play the same 3 for 60 games.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #39726: Jun 27, 2019 01:00:37 pm
      So a kid who’s been injured for 2 years and a guy who despite his hero status.... isn’t that good.

I don’t want someone in as cover. I want someone in so we can rotate and not play the same 3 for 60 games.

Spot on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39727: Jun 27, 2019 01:26:29 pm

Brewster hasn't been injured for 2 years .it was just over a year. Check your facts .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39728: Jun 27, 2019 01:26:59 pm

Just because there's nothing in the "media" doen't mean nothing is happening.

Our transfers are done behind closed doors now, and there is rarely information until the club wants something made public.

That's how it should be.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39729: Jun 27, 2019 01:42:30 pm
      Jesus. , just thought it just was on twatter that the stress heads were doing the old 'we haven't signed anyone yet' . Give it a rest and enjoy the sunshine.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #39730: Jun 27, 2019 01:45:52 pm

I trust Klopp implicitly - he hasn’t failed us yet. I’m happy to sit back and see what happens
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39731: Jun 27, 2019 01:49:18 pm
      Brewster hasn't been injured for 2 years .it was just over a year. Check your facts .

Who cares, he still hasn't played any league games for us and is completely untested, we need a good 4th attacker to rotate in and bring in off the bench, just imagine what a difference that could have made in some games last season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39732: Jun 27, 2019 01:50:37 pm
      I trust Klopp implicitly - he hasn’t failed us yet. I’m happy to sit back and see what happens

Me too, I'm sure we have plans in the works.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39733: Jun 27, 2019 03:23:27 pm
      Me too, I'm sure we have plans in the works.

Yup, re-signing Origi and giving Brewster and Wilson opportunities. Shaq can play outside forward as well. Those are plans
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #39734: Jun 27, 2019 03:27:30 pm

January 2018. I’m well aware thanks. 2 years suited my argument.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #39735: Jun 27, 2019 03:29:31 pm
      Jesus. , just thought it just was on twatter that the stress heads were doing the old 'we haven't signed anyone yet' . Give it a rest and enjoy the sunshine.

Haha. It was my first post since the final! I thought a month was enough time to start stressing about next season tbh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39736: Jun 27, 2019 03:36:04 pm
      Yup, re-signing Origi and giving Brewster and Wilson opportunities. Shaq can play outside forward as well. Those are plans

That's far to big a risk, honestly we need to have one more top class forward to rotate in, its as important for this season as getting Allison was last season. We cannot rely on our front three being injury free a whole season again. The drop off to the others is to big, UNLESS Brewster really is as good as Klopp seems to think, that is a big gamble though for an untested kid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39737: Jun 27, 2019 03:43:35 pm
      That's far to big a risk, honestly we need to have one more top class forward to rotate in, its as important for this season as getting Allison was last season. We cannot rely on our front three being injury free a whole season again. The drop off to the others is to big, UNLESS Brewster really is as good as Klopp seems to think, that is a big gamble though for an untested kid.

We'll see what Klopp thinks. Has to be the right player, the right teammate.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #39738: Jun 27, 2019 04:11:35 pm
      That's far to big a risk, honestly we need to have one more top class forward to rotate in, its as important for this season as getting Allison was last season. We cannot rely on our front three being injury free a whole season again.

I think we need three more world class forwards to cover injuries, suspensions and fatigue over so many games. I trust money and the “world class tag on players outside of our club”, much more than Klopp, the coaching team or any of the other forwards we have.

Same goes for defence. We need delight to cover for VVD for the same reasons.

The theme for next season is “world class cover”! I’m placing £200 on us winning the quadruple next year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39739: Jun 27, 2019 04:36:33 pm
      I think we need three more world class forwards to cover injuries, suspensions and fatigue over so many games. I trust money and the “world class tag on players outside of our club”, much more than Klopp, the coaching team or any of the other forwards we have.

The theme for next season is “world class cover”! I’m placing £200 on us winning the quadruple next year.
      That quadruple.bet has a chance.

The three world class forwards and De Ligt coming in idea has NO chance.

That you trust those labels on players and "money" more than our manager, especially after what we've just done - you must be having a laugh.

Edit: I guess I totally got hooked here. Thought you were serious but harrydunn08 sorted me out. Apologies.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2019 09:42:09 pm by Robby The Z »
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #39740: Jun 27, 2019 04:53:55 pm

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39741: Jun 27, 2019 06:01:48 pm
      That you trust those labels on players and "money" more than our manager, especially after what we've just done - you must be having a laugh

I think it's pretty obvious that he was being facetious....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39742: Jun 27, 2019 06:23:51 pm

Think we are just biding our time to be honest, seeing what others do around us and waiting to see if certain targets become available. I remember Klopp saying about Alisson that the situation just suddenly changed so the club reacted. No need to go racing in at this stage, leave that to the Mancs.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39743: Jun 27, 2019 06:36:47 pm
      I mean... after last season, is anyone still on the fence about Klopp's competence?

If any of us can somewhat realize the kind of players we need to sign, do you think Klopp hasn't? The guy must literally think of nothing else all day.

Sit back and relax a bit; we're in good hands. I trust this transfer window will be used exactly as Klopp sees fit for the team, whether that means signing an extra midfielder, three extra world class strikers (what the f**k?), hiring Jovanovic back or whatever he has determined our team needs.

PS: Like, we literally have some fella with a f**king doctorate on theoretical physics modelling god knows what kind of data to god know what evil ends, at the service of the even eviler madman that is JĂźrgen- RELAX!
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2019 06:42:33 pm by jabv »

Quick Reply