Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205628 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,611 posts | 2159 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39813: Jul 01, 2019 09:54:12 pm
      Yeah heard 100 mill but its on sly sports news 40 mill . I think he would be awesome for us

I like him as well but he'll go for crazy money, even more so with 25% going to another club
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #39814: Jul 02, 2019 12:05:26 am
      Some twitter ā€œITKā€ has a very elaborate story about Fernandes saying we will have a bid of Ā£54m accepted this evening. Took him about 20 tweets to spell it all out. Itā€™s quite compelling reading if only it was actually true 😂
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #39815: Jul 02, 2019 05:18:13 am
      Why? This deal was wrapped up a year ago.

As far as I am aware. Saints had the option to sign iings after the loan. The loan deal was wrapped up a year ago, not the permanent deal.

About incoming signings, just a gut feeling I have.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39816: Jul 02, 2019 07:46:07 am
      Arsenal bid 40 million for zaha . Should we not bid for him ? I would say definitely.  Thoughts?

Made me laugh talk of arsenal selling aubameyang to fund the deal. Know which one i prefer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39817: Jul 02, 2019 08:50:07 am
      As far as I am aware. Saints had the option to sign iings after the loan. The loan deal was wrapped up a year ago, not the permanent deal.

About incoming signings, just a gut feeling I have.

Nope, the loan agreement last year was with an obligation to buy this summer, they had no option.

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39818: Jul 02, 2019 11:31:00 am
      Made me laugh talk of arsenal selling aubameyang to fund the deal. Know which one i prefer.

Every season, golden boot players are always looking to leave for Barca or Real in order to fund another incoming transfer.

I can already see Mo, Sadio, VVD, Ali all lined up by the press to go Barca and Real over the next few transfer windows, to fund some funny incoming names. Add Robbo and Trent to lengthen the cycle.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39819: Jul 02, 2019 12:32:58 pm
      Every season, golden boot players are always looking to leave for Barca or Real in order to fund another incoming transfer.

I can already see Mo, Sadio, VVD, Ali all lined up by the press to go Barca and Real over the next few transfer windows, to fund some funny incoming names. Add Robbo and Trent to lengthen the cycle.
      even as some real transfer business begins to take place around Europe, I notice the papers are taking the invented transfer news into overdrive this week. Such creativity!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #39820: Jul 02, 2019 03:09:27 pm
      Nope, the loan agreement last year was with an obligation to buy this summer, they had no option.

Okay, my mistake then.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39821: Jul 02, 2019 03:26:28 pm
      Still expecting to see replacements at the very least for the likes of sturridge & moreno.

possible clyne too, but Gomez & Trent have that covered with a u23 player moving up in the squad.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 721 
      Reply #39822: Jul 02, 2019 05:20:00 pm
      Keep Clyne

Replace Sturridge & Moreno

Bring in another CB.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #39823: Jul 02, 2019 06:16:49 pm
      Keep Clyne

Bring in another CB.

Alas I think Clyne will be replacing Wan Bisaka at Palace if the rumours are true. I think Milner and Gomez will be cover for both full back positions so no Moreno replacement. If we were going to replace Sturridge then I,d be knocking on the Chavs door for Tammy Abraham, personally.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #39824: Jul 02, 2019 06:45:48 pm
      Keep Clyne

Bring in another CB.

Another CB ?! We already have 4 at the club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #39825: Jul 02, 2019 06:46:27 pm
      Alas I think Clyne will be replacing Wan Bisaka at Palace if the rumours are true. I think Milner and Gomez will be cover for both full back positions so no Moreno replacement. If we were going to replace Sturridge then I,d be knocking on the Chavs door forTammy Abraham, personally.

:lmao:

Seriously ?!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #39826: Jul 02, 2019 07:04:32 pm
      Keep Clyne that ship has sailed , hardly played and still some think heā€™s the answer
      Scottbot

• 9,611 posts | 2159 
      Reply #39827: Jul 02, 2019 07:22:31 pm
      Anyone else a bit worried that we might not do much of anything this transfer window? I read an interview Sterling did this morning where he talked about how Guardiolola keeps buying new wingers every season (Sane, and then Silva and then Mahrez) and how this has kept him motivated and on his toes the whole time. We need a bit of that surely? The drop off if Bobby and Mane or Salah were to go down with long term injuries is too great for the squad to cope over an extended period of time.

I don't think we'll do it but a Zaha type of signing is what we need for some forward competition and cover I think.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #39828: Jul 02, 2019 07:37:58 pm
      Anyone else a bit worried that we might not do much of anything this transfer window? I read an interview Sterling did this morning where he talked about how Guardiolola keeps buying new wingers every season (Sane, and then Silva and then Mahrez) and how this has kept him motivated and on his toes the whole time. We need a bit of that surely? The drop off if Bobby and Mane or Salah were to go down with long term injuries is too great for the squad to cope over an extended period of time.

I don't think we'll do it but a Zaha type of signing is what we need for some forward competition and cover I think.

I think most of us agree with you.  We are also in the best position we've been in for about 25+ years to recruit top quality players.  However, the gaffer seems to have faith in players like Origi, Brewster, Chamberlain, Lallana, etc.  I just hope Klopp's faith isn't misplaced -- I'm not sure I can handle another spectacular 2nd place finish.....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #39829: Jul 02, 2019 08:23:06 pm

I donā€™t think we will go mad this summer but Iā€™m not too worried about it all - Klopp will sign someone if he thinks they will improve the squad and play to his style - he wonā€™t spend for the sake of it
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39830: Jul 02, 2019 08:31:26 pm

Silva very rarely plays out wide though, heā€™s used much more often in the middle and Mahrez just never plays. I donā€™t think itā€™s a case of him focusing on wide players, they just didnā€™t have many options before he came in, heā€™s pretty much gone and gotten 2 players for every position.

Didnā€™t he buy Walker, Mendy, Zinchenko and Danilo all in the same summer?

I sometimes wonder if it will prove to be a mistake not massively improving the team but last year, City only signed Mahrez and he barely plays and despite a couple less points, I think they actually played better football than the year they got 100 points so whatā€™s to say we wonā€™t do the same?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39831: Jul 02, 2019 10:35:06 pm

If we were to sign one player only, a quick wide player that can compete for the first team is all I want!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #39832: Jul 02, 2019 10:51:55 pm
      Perez to Leicester Ā£30 million.. Ashley cashing in..
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #39833: Jul 03, 2019 12:48:48 am

He's a F***ing snake.... I honestly feel bad for Newcastle fans having to put up with that c**t....
      Scottbot

• 9,611 posts | 2159 
      Reply #39834: Jul 03, 2019 01:14:42 am
      Silva very rarely plays out wide though, heā€™s used much more often in the middle and Mahrez just never plays. I donā€™t think itā€™s a case of him focusing on wide players, they just didnā€™t have many options before he came in, heā€™s pretty much gone and gotten 2 players for every position.

Didnā€™t he buy Walker, Mendy, Zinchenko and Danilo all in the same summer?

I sometimes wonder if it will prove to be a mistake not massively improving the team but last year, City only signed Mahrez and he barely plays and despite a couple less points, I think they actually played better football than the year they got 100 points so whatā€™s to say we wonā€™t do the same?

I think he played his fair share of games mate and contributed to 2 cup wins along the way. I think he will play more next season. As for Silva he has certainly kicked inside now but I believe he was originally a wide player. Iā€™d personally like to see a squad that can make a fist of it in the cup competitions. The lack of depth has kinda necessitated a surrender in both of them the past couple of seasons. I donā€™t think itā€™s about buying for the sake of it, two nasty injuries to our front three and I think weā€™re right pack in the pack chasing a top four finish. Seems silly not to plan against that
      Scottbot

• 9,611 posts | 2159 
      Reply #39835: Jul 03, 2019 01:15:56 am

I actually wouldnā€™t have minded Perez to LFC, I really like him. Expect to see Maddison move on pretty soon now I reckon

Quick Reply