Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180650 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39859: Jul 04, 2019 08:21:55 am
      I dont understand Liverpool's current transfer policy. I know Klopp has said no big transfers this summer. Why? Now is the time we should be getting these players. The feeling around this club is palpable and we could attract top players. City is spending as usual. They're going to be better, Spurs has finally spent money . I think were missing a chance to close the gap with City and its intentional. Why not get Fekir or Isco or Bale or Felix? I think were missing a golden opportunity to solidify this club with clubs like PSG, Bayern, Barca and Juventus.

I would suggest that Jürgen Klopp will only sign players who will not upset the apple cart.We waited a long time to sign Allison and V.V,D but when we signed them they fitted in right away.It only takes one bad apple to upset the dressing room and all the good work goes out the door.I am sure if the right player/s come available we will be at the front of the queue. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39860: Jul 04, 2019 09:41:05 am
      I would be amazed if we don't make some major signings and quite soon, we have to at the very least bring in a quality forward to replace Sturridge. I have high hopes for Brewster but we cannot take a gamble on him hitting the ground running, he is unproven at this level and just come back for a very length injury.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,482 posts | 3286 
      Reply #39861: Jul 04, 2019 11:00:16 am
      I would be amazed if we don't make some major signings and quite soon, we have to at the very least bring in a quality forward to replace Sturridge. I have high hopes for Brewster but we cannot take a gamble on him hitting the ground running, he is unproven at this level and just come back for a very length injury.

Sturridges impact beyond that goal at Chelsea was bare minimum- Brewster for me is going to give the team a lot more than Sturridge did , especially after a full pre season
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39862: Jul 04, 2019 11:42:16 am
      I think were missing a golden opportunity to solidify this club with clubs like PSG, Bayern, Barca and Juventus.

Hang on, we played 3 of them 4 teams last season and beat all 3.

If anything, them teams are trying to play catch up with us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #39863: Jul 04, 2019 12:48:19 pm
      Sturridges impact beyond that goal at Chelsea was bare minimum- Brewster for me is going to give the team a lot more than Sturridge did , especially after a full pre season

Agreed 100%
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39864: Jul 04, 2019 02:49:39 pm

I agree with this but then I'd also point to City who have/had a similar situation with Foden. He has been able to come through gradually without too much pressure. I think the same situation needs to be in place for Brewster but at the moment we are probably an injury away from relying on Brewster to make an impact. We need to bring someone in in my opinion, a decent player who can play across the front three or at least in the two wide positions.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39865: Jul 04, 2019 03:41:53 pm
      I agree with this but then I'd also point to City who have/had a similar situation with Foden. He has been able to come through gradually without too much pressure. I think the same situation needs to be in place for Brewster but at the moment we are probably an injury away from relying on Brewster to make an impact. We need to bring someone in in my opinion, a decent player who can play across the front three or at least in the two wide positions.

Talking about Brewster, those with knowledge, is Brewster limited? We deffo know he's not world class. Yet. But is he not good enough to be on our bench?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39866: Jul 04, 2019 06:12:06 pm
      Talking about Brewster, those with knowledge, is Brewster limited? We deffo know he's not world class. Yet. But is he not good enough to be on our bench?

If Klopp thinks so, that's good enough for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39867: Jul 04, 2019 06:17:25 pm

Limited ? In what way ? He is quick and has good movement and is a good finisher. He is ready to take the next step which is first team involvement. Time will be the ultimate judge but Jürgen seems genuinely excited by the kid and as swab says that will do for me.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39868: Jul 04, 2019 07:59:37 pm

He’s definitely a prospect, quick, skilful and scored plenty at youth level. He reminds me a little bit of Lacazette. But we’ve had plenty of talented youngsters in the past so who knows if he will like another Sterling or turn out like Jordon Ibe
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2019 08:11:57 pm by Scottbot »
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #39869: Jul 04, 2019 09:08:12 pm
      Arnautovic forcing his way out of west ham, another over rated Jackass going to china for the big bucks.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39870: Jul 04, 2019 10:11:48 pm
      Mbappe..  😎
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39871: Jul 04, 2019 11:48:53 pm
      Ousmane Dembele.

You know you want him Jürgen.

And you know he wants out of Barca.

Let's make it happen.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39872: Jul 05, 2019 09:56:19 am
      I dont understand Liverpool's current transfer policy. I know Klopp has said no big transfers this summer. Why? Now is the time we should be getting these players. The feeling around this club is palpable and we could attract top players. City is spending as usual. They're going to be better, Spurs has finally spent money . I think were missing a chance to close the gap with City and its intentional. Why not get Fekir or Isco or Bale or Felix? I think were missing a golden opportunity to solidify this club with clubs like PSG, Bayern, Barca and Juventus.

THE GAP ? 1 point !!!

The ox being fit could be the diff in that 1 point alone.

Keeping Gomez fit for a full season could be a massive diff.

Keeping Naby fit too.

etc.....

Klopp wont buy players just for the sake of it, we have seen him wait for years to get his man.

We will defo get a LB as cover for Robo, that might be it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #39873: Jul 05, 2019 10:29:16 am
      Limited ? In what way ? He is quick and has good movement and is a good finisher. He is ready to take the next step which is first team involvement. Time will be the ultimate judge but Jürgen seems genuinely excited by the kid and as swab says that will do for me.

Yup.

The word round Melwood is this kid's finishing is insane - like literally he has taken the breath away of the first team and they already see him as an elite talent.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39874: Jul 05, 2019 12:08:21 pm
      The worry is no Salah, mane & Bobbi for possibly the 1st couple of league games.

But I cant see Klopp buying more forwards to cover those games.

We have Origi & Brewster as cover.

Also Big Shaq & the Ox as attacking MF options.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39875: Jul 05, 2019 12:16:24 pm
      Yup.

The word round Melwood is this kid's finishing is insane - like literally he has taken the breath away of the first team and they already see him as an elite talent.

The amount of times we see others trying to play him in on his season debut is going to be mental.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39876: Jul 05, 2019 12:39:47 pm
      THE GAP ? 1 point !!!

The ox being fit could be the diff in that 1 point alone.

Keeping Gomez fit for a full season could be a massive diff.

Keeping Naby fit too.

etc.....

Klopp wont buy players just for the sake of it, we have seen him wait for years to get his man.

We will defo get a LB as cover for Robo, that might be it.

having another season where miraculously the front three stay fit all season again, etc etc
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39877: Jul 05, 2019 12:40:18 pm
      Yup.

a new Michael Owen?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39878: Jul 05, 2019 12:50:49 pm

So so so so so so much hype on Brewster makes me think he is the next Brazilian Ronaldo!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39879: Jul 05, 2019 01:49:58 pm
      Supposedly Marcelo has asked Real to leave. He'd make a fine backup for the best LB in the world.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39880: Jul 05, 2019 02:33:19 pm
      So much hype about Brewster, but some do love to hype up the youth players. We've been here a dozen times before. All of our forward / attacking players have been incredibly talented with the potential to be world class.. or so we are told..

Then we never see them again. Loaned out forever and eventually sold.

Why is Brewster any different? If he is as deadly a finisher as I've read on here, then why haven't we seen him? He's not young.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39881: Jul 05, 2019 02:44:57 pm
      So much hype about Brewster, but some do love to hype up the youth players. We've been here a dozen times before. All of our forward / attacking players have been incredibly talented with the potential to be world class.. or so we are told..

Then we never see them again. Loaned out forever and eventually sold.

Why is Brewster any different? If he is as deadly a finisher as I've read on here, then why haven't we seen him? He's not young.

He's 19 and has missed a lot after having bad injuries.

Why are you so keen to run him down?

Quick Reply