Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4209238 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40066: Jul 16, 2019 10:22:46 pm
      Still extreme top quality and scores quite a few goals have him back in a heartbeat.

Say that to a Barca fan.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40067: Jul 16, 2019 10:42:10 pm
      Again Walt i was speaking in the case of Salah/Mane leaving; the team has to continually grow and it can't all be from the academy or taking players and making them better as in the case of VVD and Allison.

I reckon JĆ¼rgen has already got his team pencilled in for 2021/22 he is very much a planner he knows this side has at least another season it and when the right player comes available like Virgil and Allison he will instruct the board to sign them. We have now the best transfer policy for 30 years I am really relaxed about this and the next transfer window. I just don't see at the moment any forwards that could come in without upsetting the balance of the team and squad. Just watching them in Madrid getting their medals proved to me just how together they are you can t buy that and it didn't happen by accident its down to JĆ¼rgen and his teams careful planning
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40068: Jul 17, 2019 08:05:13 am
      I reckon JĆ¼rgen has already got his team pencilled in for 2021/22 he is very much a planner

I think youā€™re probably right there. Weā€™ve probably been planning before last season even finished.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #40069: Jul 17, 2019 08:52:34 am

Not really arsed about Barca fans just remembering the player he was for us😜👍āš½ļøā¤ļø.
      Sick to death of bloody Barcelona and real sodding Madrid thinking they rule everything
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #40070: Jul 17, 2019 12:49:52 pm
      Is the Coutinho return actually gaining steam?  I pretty much dismissed it initially, but I keep reading and hearing about it.  Any credible (I use that term loosely) sources suggesting that it's on?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #40071: Jul 17, 2019 01:03:04 pm
      Klopp's got a bit of history with taking back players, Nuri Sahin and Kagawa at Dortmund spring to mind. If the terms were favourable, loan with option to buy ideally, I think it's an easy decision. I know he acted up a bit with the "back injury" but he didn't down tools in the end and I'm sure the squad would welcome him back. His ability doesn't need questioning in my opinion, it's about whether he fits back in now we've moved on.

If it's a loan deal and Klopp's happy to reintegrate him, I don't see any problem whatsoever.

I do think this is only gaining traction because Barca are really pushing to get rid, they'll be encouraging links with anyone and everyone. Who knows if there's any substance to it at this point.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40072: Jul 17, 2019 01:07:04 pm
      Chances are, if you don't have Coutinho's mentality. You aren't going to be a great player.

Wow! Take Coutinho back?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40073: Jul 17, 2019 01:40:22 pm
      Never has so much bait been clicked on by so many.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #40074: Jul 17, 2019 02:01:20 pm
      So.....pages & pages of nothingness then.....  :f_whistle:
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40075: Jul 17, 2019 02:01:24 pm
      I reckon JĆ¼rgen has already got his team pencilled in for 2021/22 he is very much a planner he knows this side has at least another season it and when the right player comes available like Virgil and Allison he will instruct the board to sign them. We have now the best transfer policy for 30 years I am really relaxed about this and the next transfer window. I just don't see at the moment any forwards that could come in without upsetting the balance of the team and squad. Just watching them in Madrid getting their medals proved to me just how together they are you can t buy that and it didn't happen by accident its down to JĆ¼rgen and his teams careful planning

Itā€™s a very good point regards our transfer policy, our record over the past three years in regards to transfers has been incredible. Salah, VVD, Allisson, Gigi, Robertson, Mane, Fabinho etc have been massive successes. On top of that weā€™ve got players like Ox, Shaq, Keita and Matip who have contributed and still look like they will progress for us over the next Couple of years.

Iā€™m not advocating a panic buy but I do think that (if there are players out there that Klopp likes) then we should get them. The squad isnā€™t big enough to contend in the domestic cups, weā€™ve effectively tanked both competitions the past 2 seasons and then (if we're honest) weā€™ve almost been thankful to be out as it has enabled some rest days to focus on the Champions League. I donā€™t think it should be like that, we should be able to put together a cup run and have a shot at another trophy but the current squad lacks the depth in quality to do it.

Also, just one other point (and donā€™t everyone jump in me), I completely get the ā€˜in Klopp we trustā€™ sentiment I really do, and I understand he likes to wait for the right player to become available. But if we take the example of the goal keeper, weā€™ve got a cracking keeper now but really this should have been addressed 12 months earlier and it proved costly. Iā€™ve got similar worries here regards the squad size and the potential impact of a couple of nasty injuries and an increased fixture list. Surely we should mitigate against that? Weā€™re in such a strong position compared to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and united who are all floundering for different reasons but our big rivals just went out and got stronger with the purchase of Rodri. I donā€™t think we should be over-confident in players coming back from significant injuries and the being ā€˜new playersā€™ for us, I keep reading this but they could just as easily pull up with related injuries and miss half the season again. Why risk it?
      « Last Edit: Jul 17, 2019 02:12:17 pm by Scottbot »
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40076: Jul 17, 2019 02:12:39 pm
      So.....pages & pages of nothingness then.....  :f_whistle:

Yep!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #40077: Jul 17, 2019 02:17:15 pm
      Mbappe & Fekir and Iā€™m happy 😆
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40078: Jul 17, 2019 05:24:15 pm
      My heart is like feck off with the Coutinho situation but my head is more at that if that loan deal is true, he does offer that outside the box goal threat I think we need and the kind of player that would have turned those draws last year into wins.... conflicted... but probably not true anyway.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40079: Jul 17, 2019 06:14:00 pm
      Mbappe & Fekir and Iā€™m happy 😆
      What is it with Fekir he isn't coming to Anfield.
      Klopp already has said he feels like OX , Brewster and Lallana feel like new players . He is more like a Foster Parent than a Manager and I think he does genuinely care about his players and signing a new player is like introducing a new member of the family to the existing members. I cant see any more than one or possibly two players coming in.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40080: Jul 17, 2019 07:21:34 pm
      What is it with Fekir he isn't coming to Anfield.
      Klopp already has said he feels like OX , Brewster and Lallana feel like new players . He is more like a Foster Parent than a Manager and I think he does genuinely care about his players and signing a new player is like introducing a new member of the family to the existing members. I cant see any more than one or possibly two players coming in.

I only think we need a couple mate, I think most are of the same opinion.

As for Fekir, I agree, I don't think there's much point talking about him, that one was dead last summer.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,548 posts | 726 
      Reply #40081: Jul 17, 2019 07:28:04 pm
      Klopp already has said he feels like OX , Brewster and Lallana feel like new players.

He also didn't rule out any signings
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40082: Jul 17, 2019 08:07:33 pm
      As for Fekir, I agree, I don't think there's much point talking about him, that one was dead last summer.

I donā€™t think anyone actually considers Fekir as a serious option anymore, at least itā€™s the impression Iā€™m getting when people mention him, think we have all moved on from that now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40083: Jul 17, 2019 09:08:06 pm
      He also didn't rule out any signings

who said he did  ?he said it would be quiet that's all .
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #40084: Jul 17, 2019 10:30:38 pm
      A lot of faith being put into OX, lallana & Brewster, I hope all three have ace seasons, just have this feeling that Adam especially will spend more time out than fit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #40085: Jul 18, 2019 07:12:27 am
      https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356852-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-s-update-on-transfer-window?
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40086: Jul 18, 2019 08:41:29 am

The squad is in good shape then. The way he sees it.

So must he now prove to those of us who believe "the drop in quality from the bench is severe" that it won't be the case?

I think he may get lots of stick from those in this camp should he fail to prove that. Possibly for those marginal results if they come.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #40087: Jul 18, 2019 10:49:21 am
      The squad is in good shape then. The way he sees it.

So must he now prove to those of us who believe "the drop in quality from the bench is severe" that it won't be the case?

I think he may get lots of stick from those in this camp should he fail to prove that. Possibly for those marginal results if they come.

It's always a gamble whether you sign a player for Ā£100 million or promote youth instead.

However if we promote our talented youngsters and they integrate well we could soon become the most dominant club in world football as our squad will have huge depth of quality.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #40088: Jul 18, 2019 11:43:11 am
      Never has so much bait been clicked on by so many.
      SSSsoooooo glad I'm not on TW##ter!

Quick Reply