Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206850 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40112: Jul 19, 2019 09:38:18 am
      This, nail on head, we have money, we are very very close to have a complete squad so lets spend a bit on the few remaining areas, LB and another top class forward, and we'll be set for years to come, especially with all the promising youngsters coming through.

Respect your answer but, surely having the money is one thing but what is the point of spending it if Jürgen can't find the right player to buy ? No point in spunking millions just to keep the fan base happy mate.
      I'm sure if the right player comes up we will buy.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40113: Jul 19, 2019 10:11:23 am

Respect your answer but, surely having the money is one thing but what is the point of spending it if Jürgen can't find the right player to buy ? No point in spunking millions just to keep the fan base happy mate.
      I'm sure if the right player comes up we will buy.

Not what I'm saying at all and I doubt Heimdall is but he will answer you in due course I suspect.

I cannot believe that as a club we have not identified a good left back and top quality forward that fits our plans.

I believe the time to strengthen is now, we have the funds and I think it will be a big mistake to sit on our laurels and not do anything at all.

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #40114: Jul 19, 2019 10:34:53 am
      Not what I'm saying at all and I doubt Heimdall is but he will answer you in due course I suspect.

I cannot believe that as a club we have not identified a good left back and top quality forward that fits our plans.

I believe the time to strengthen is now, we have the funds and I think it will be a big mistake to sit on our laurels and not do anything at all.

We have arguably the best left and right back in the world at present both are  young as well so will be difficult to strengthen that area. But we would need to get back up incase they get injured, saying that it's very difficult signing quality that know they would be back ups waiting for a chance. We would be looking at potential instead like we have in the CB area.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40115: Jul 19, 2019 11:01:40 am
      I'm not feeling impatient. From what Klopp has said we wont be doing much if anything at all. For the coming season I disagree but he knows better than me.

Little old me doesn't agree but I doubt anyone at LFC will be losing sleep about it.

I think there is plenty going on but its happening in the right way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40116: Jul 19, 2019 11:39:56 am

Once again agree, the player of course has to be a good fit but surely there must be forwards and a LB out there who could make us even better and who are a good fit and available to the champions of europe.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40117: Jul 19, 2019 11:44:40 am
      We have arguably the best left and right back in the world at present both are  young as well so will be difficult to strengthen that area. But we would need to get back up incase they get injured, saying that it's very difficult signing quality that know they would be back ups waiting for a chance. We would be looking at potential instead like we have in the CB area.

At LB it would be as cover, ideally we need someone who can play on either flank, don't need to be a superstar but a good decent level, perhaps an older defender who can also help teach the youngsters.

As for forward it would not be signing to sit on the bench but one to compete with our current three, rotate and to give us the ability to go into games with a genuine game changer sitting on the bench be that the new guy, Bobby, Sadio or Mo. The same as Citeh have with Jesus/Sane if they are on the bench or Sterling/Aguero. If we can get tat player then we can win everything otherwise we are once again praying that all 3 forwards stay injury free and in top form again all season
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40118: Jul 19, 2019 12:49:11 pm

This is the bit I don’t quite buy. I think players back themselves and are willing to come in a compete for their place, particularly at a big club (the European Champs at that!) such as LFC. City do it all the time, they’ve brought in quality to challenge their supposed first 11 many times. Rodri has just come in, they bought Mahrez last year, players like Danilo came in to challenge Walker. Gundogan was a quality player who has fought for minutes in their midfield, Jesus was another highly rated player who was brought in to challenge (and spell) Aguero. Even B Silva took a season to establish himself as first choice.

Look at our midfield. We’re in great shape! We’ve got Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Ox and Lallana. That’s genuine competition for places, variety and plenty of injury cover. At CB we are also well set with 4 quality centre halves. It’s only really the Forward positions that worry me and that’s where City have so much more to call on with Sane, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus all players of high quality and players like Silva, B.Silva and Foden also capable of operating in the front 3. I’m less worried about left back given we have Milner and young Adam Lewis. Clearly Klopo likes our bench options with Origi, Shaq and Brewster (I am also excited about this kid) but I think we’re short of one really good player up there.

Ps. Not all players out there are mercenaries who will unsettle the balance of our current squad. I keep reading this.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40119: Jul 19, 2019 12:58:41 pm
      Sorry to pick out just one part of your post, but this bit stood out.
      I can see us playing both against the bus parkers.
      Both can defend, both can pass, both can break the lines running, and both can shoot.

I'd be very keen to see this experiment. Our defense and Fab is that good that we can afford to test it out. On top of what you mention, both are very comfortable on the ball and their pace along with Mane / Salah's is a nightmare scenario for the best of defenses.

All depends on if they have a good pre-season and back to their best. It's a great headache for Klopp.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40120: Jul 19, 2019 01:25:32 pm
      I'd be very keen to see this experiment. Our defense and Fab is that good that we can afford to test it out. On top of what you mention, both are very comfortable on the ball and their pace along with Mane / Salah's is a nightmare scenario for the best of defenses.

All depends on if they have a good pre-season and back to their best. It's a great headache for Klopp.

Saw it a couple of times last season when Keita had his little run, but obviously not with AOC.
      I hate to bring up TPM but as he said, we "inverted the triangle", so instead of Fabinho and Henderson at the base with Keita in front, we had Fabinho deepest with Henderson and Keita further up.
      It worked pretty well, and we saw a fair bit of how effective Henderson can be further up, with Keita running to "break the lines".
      We also saw Milner in a similar role to Henderson a few times.

If AOC had been available, I've little doubt we would have already seen the version of the "inverted triangle" with him and Keita.

I think we'll play them against bus parkers, and we'll have a flatter 3 of Fabinho, Henderson and Milner against the bigger teams, which again is something we saw last season, but with the added bonus of being able to bring on Keita or AOC later in the game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40121: Jul 19, 2019 01:31:42 pm
      sh*t will get real if we indeed flip the triangle.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40122: Jul 19, 2019 01:44:03 pm
      sh*t will get real if we indeed flip the triangle.

Did it plenty of times last seson.
      It's just so corny I couldn't bring myself to point it out.

Actually, it's not really corny, it's just BR said it in such a smug, patronising kind of way, that I can't bring myself to use it without cringing a bit  :laugh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40123: Jul 19, 2019 02:15:39 pm
      Oh god. Triangle talk again.
      Been a slow summer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40124: Jul 19, 2019 02:29:39 pm
      Oh god. Triangle talk again.
      Been a slow summer.

Exactly how I feel about it, despite it beng a good description.

Looks like BR scarred my psyche  :laugh:
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40125: Jul 19, 2019 04:53:12 pm
      This thread has turned into the thread where we just talk about whatever! Anything but actual transfer rumours 😃
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40126: Jul 19, 2019 04:56:41 pm
      Everton apparently in for zaha . Probably sh*t talk but still dont know why we havent bid for him . Be an awesome addition to our squad
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #40127: Jul 19, 2019 05:03:41 pm
      Everton apparently in for zaha . Probably sh*t talk but still dont know why we havent bid for him . Be an awesome addition to our squad

The price.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40128: Jul 19, 2019 06:17:25 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40129: Jul 19, 2019 06:25:15 pm

Something to do with the price compared to his actual output. Has improved his end product but still not worth 80m odd
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40130: Jul 19, 2019 06:28:38 pm
      Something to do with the price compared to his actual output. Has improved his end product but still not worth 80m odd

just like the Everton of old try and get your club  mentioned with players you will never have a chance of buying old habits die hard
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40131: Jul 19, 2019 06:43:33 pm

They want like £80-90 million for him, no thanks.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40132: Jul 19, 2019 06:58:58 pm
      They want like £80-90 million for him, no thanks.

Wheres everton finding that ;D
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #40133: Jul 19, 2019 08:17:09 pm

Well there's probably about £13.50 in the toffee jar, Zaha is another overpriced brit like Maguire.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40134: Jul 19, 2019 10:25:11 pm
      Well there's probably about £13.50 in the toffee jar, Zaha is another overpriced brit like Maguire.

Technically he’s classed as African as he represent the Ivory Coast.

Quick Reply