Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179784 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40135: Jul 19, 2019 10:51:40 pm
      just like the Everton of old try and get your club  mentioned with players you will never have a chance of buying old habits die hard

See if old chippy tits joe can organise a whip round
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #40136: Jul 20, 2019 12:51:36 am
      Technically he’s classed as African as he represent the Ivory Coast.

My bad, but you get my drift
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #40137: Jul 20, 2019 08:51:30 am
      The pressure on this squad to deliver again is going to be massive would love a couple of new signings just to freshen it up a little still adamant we need another option up top and possible versatile FB
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40138: Jul 20, 2019 11:10:47 am
      See if old chippy tits joe can organise a whip round

Bit off topic but the other day he suggested people would have to use bikes more and he included himself in that now maybe we could sponsor him to ride his bike and keep going I would be up for that. The proceeds could go to buying a box of tea bags.Transfer wise I like the way we are not getting involved in all the speculation and noise surrounding players which to me means we are getting on with the job of getting players Jürgen wants
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #40139: Jul 20, 2019 05:50:10 pm
      The pressure on this squad to deliver again is going to be massive would love a couple of new signings just to freshen it up a little still adamant we need another option up top and possible versatile FB

Let me try to be an asshole here. Losing to Dortmund shows how weak we are and we need a £100m signing? Yes?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #40140: Jul 20, 2019 06:57:52 pm
      Let me try to be an asshole here.

Well done.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #40141: Jul 20, 2019 07:01:02 pm
      I've been out of the loop since the UCL final.

Other than the 17-year-old defender from Holland, anyone else coming in?

I've already read somewhere that Ox and Brewster are like "two new signings" (which weirdly enough, I tend to agree with this time), but any strong links to other players?
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #40142: Jul 20, 2019 08:36:26 pm
      Let me try to be an asshole here. Losing to Dortmund shows how weak we are and we need a £100m signing? Yes?

The Fxxk you on about on about numb nuts ? Have I mentioned the Dortmund result ? I have thought this since probably about April has absolutely FA to do with last nights result
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40143: Jul 20, 2019 10:36:27 pm
      The Fxxk you on about on about numb nuts ? Have I mentioned the Dortmund result ? I have thought this since probably about April has absolutely FA to do with last nights result

I shouldn’t worry, anyone crazy enough to suggest that the squad could do with a couple of half decent signings is met with the same level of condescension. 
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #40144: Jul 20, 2019 11:01:31 pm
      I shouldn’t worry, anyone crazy enough to suggest that the squad could do with a couple of half decent signings is met with the same level of condescension.

Yeh like improving and adding to a couple of positions is proposterous.  You would have thought I suggested a complete overall
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40145: Jul 21, 2019 06:43:39 am
      Not a bad article on the beeb this morning https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023743

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40146: Jul 21, 2019 09:21:09 am

HERESY, how dare they suggest that Klopp be wrong and that we might not have enough attackers when everyone knows its impossible to have attacking strength in depth sitting on the bench unless you are Man City, PSG, Barcelona, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Bayern etc etc etc!! ;-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40147: Jul 21, 2019 06:14:24 pm

Probably because he doesn't want to get arse ache watching the match, as I can't see him coming here wanting to be a sub and no way he replaces any of the front three as a first team starter.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40148: Jul 21, 2019 06:17:41 pm

By the time we play Norwich, Firmino and Salah will be back, we'll only be missing Mane. We should be able to cope with that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #40149: Jul 21, 2019 06:22:48 pm

Unless we're buying worldies to replace what we already have I'm not surprised.

We bought Shaqiri last season, looked what happened to him. We're at that point now were Klopp is deciding whether to go with some of the younger players and he'll be getting a good idea of that during these three USA tour friendlies, then we'll see whether he decides to dip into the market for back up options or decides the kids are good enough. A bit like Ferguson when he was bring through the likes of Beckham, Scholes, Neville etc etc.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40150: Jul 21, 2019 07:49:24 pm
      WTF is all this panicking over buying players if we haven't yet bought someone its because we haven't identified the player or agreed any terms. The usual suspects froth at the mouth at our lack of signing but cant suggest any real possible players that will actual fit the club.
      We will be on with Gareth Bale next as Real want him gone or what about Maguire going to UTD for £80mil no thanks.
      On this basis we would never have given Trent a go and we wouldn't of bought Robbo. Jürgen has a plan and it isn't to stand still.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40151: Jul 21, 2019 08:19:59 pm
      Pepe refusing to go to Napoli who now look to Fekir even though he was supposed to go to Betis. Pepe wants to come to Liverpool well who wouldn't.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40152: Jul 21, 2019 10:05:26 pm
      Bale has been offered £55mil a year to go to China much more than the £30 mil he gets now how do these players cope. The world has gone mad
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40153: Jul 22, 2019 12:44:47 am
      Bale has been offered £55mil a year to go to China much more than the £30 mil he gets now how do these players cope. The world has gone mad

It must be difficult paying the rent and feeding the kids when you are only on 55 million quid a year.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40154: Jul 22, 2019 12:49:18 am

Depends if there any decent golf courses
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #40155: Jul 22, 2019 03:14:29 am
      Linked with Kai
      Like him a lot.
      Buy and loan back for a year?
      https://youtu.be/54jsW23mfMc
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #40156: Jul 22, 2019 06:09:10 am
      WTF is all this panicking over buying players if we haven't yet bought someone its because we haven't identified the player or agreed any terms. The usual suspects froth at the mouth at our lack of signing but cant suggest any real possible players that will actual fit the club.
      We will be on with Gareth Bale next as Real want him gone or what about Maguire going to UTD for £80mil no thanks.
      On this basis we would never have given Trent a go and we wouldn't of bought Robbo. Jürgen has a plan and it isn't to stand still.

That’s a bit dramatic mate, it’s hardly panicking. just a recognition that we have more games to play this season, that we were unable to compete in the domestic cups and We lack competition and depth for our three forwards who are all coming off of an extended 12 month long season.

Pre season isn’t always the best gage but we look pretty toothless up top without Bobby, Salah and Mane and we usually win the vast majority of our pre season games every season.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2019 06:57:23 pm by Scottbot »
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #40157: Jul 22, 2019 06:25:48 am
      Depends if there any decent golf courses

Money in football is disgraceful these days

Quick Reply