Trending Topics

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4204778 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40158: Jul 22, 2019 08:07:23 am
      That’s a bit dramatic mate, it’s hardly panicking. just a recognition that we have more games to play this season, that we were unable to compete in the domestic cups and We lack competition and depth for our three forwards who are all coming off of an extended 12 month long season.

Pre season isn’t always the best gage but we look pretty toothless up too without Bobby, Salah and Mane and we usually win the vast majority of our ore season games every season.

This is the thing with us, we have a superb first XI and some decent cover for midfield and defence but in attack we really are very average without our main three, this is clearly evidenced every time we play our B team in the cups where we normally look very poor  and disorganised.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40159: Jul 22, 2019 09:53:05 am
      That’s a bit dramatic mate, it’s hardly panicking. just a recognition that we have more games to play this season, that we were unable to compete in the domestic cups and We lack competition and depth for our three forwards who are all coming off of an extended 12 month long season.

Pre season isn’t always the best gage but we look pretty toothless up top without Bobby, Salah and Mane and we usually win the vast majority of our ore season games every season.

its constant moaning about not strengthening our squad the constant desire to sign Fekir. Origi scored again last night and we have Brewster you will not get two complete teams of equal standing there has to be development players in the squad and then you also need a couple of utility players in there too. I still haven't seen one name of equal standing to Mo, Sadio or Bobby who would be willing to come here yet we get the same shout everyday we  need cover for them. The cover is Divok and Brewster and possibly one or more of the Kids.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40160: Jul 22, 2019 10:21:10 am
      its constant moaning about not strengthening our squad the constant desire to sign Fekir. Origi scored again last night and we have Brewster you will not get two complete teams of equal standing there has to be development players in the squad and then you also need a couple of utility players in there too. I still haven't seen one name of equal standing to Mo, Sadio or Bobby who would be willing to come here yet we get the same shout everyday we  need cover for them. The cover is Divok and Brewster and possibly one or more of the Kids.

Exactly Walt.

We also have the ox & big shaq who can play further forward.

These games are all about fitness anyway, Klopp even said sometimes losing these games they learn more, even though we all want to win every game, id rather we lost every pre-season game then smash everyone in the league come august.

Im happy enough, the squad is in a good place, bit weird the brazil lads & salah & sadio all coming back so late, but they will all be fit and firing for the 1st league game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40161: Jul 22, 2019 11:11:50 am
      Exactly Walt.

We also have the ox & big shaq who can play further forward.

These games are all about fitness anyway, Klopp even said sometimes losing these games they learn more, even though we all want to win every game, id rather we lost every pre-season game then smash everyone in the league come august.

Im happy enough, the squad is in a good place, bit weird the brazil lads & salah & sadio all coming back so late, but they will all be fit and firing for the 1st league game.

The squad is NOT in a good place as regards attack as evidenced by two extremely lacklustre attacking displays in preseason or are you suggesting Sevilla and Dortmund are simply better teams than us. BTW I'm not just talking about the scorelines but in the quality of attacks we are creating versus the ones they are creating.
      I simply cannot fathom why some of you want to go into next season with next to no quality cover in attack, its baffling, all I and a few others ask for is ONE more quality forward to complement the current front three. We will need this in the season to come and if we don't get it then no way do we challenge for the league again because I can almost guarantee you that we will suffer more injuries to our front three this season than last.

I really hope Jürgen and his team are busy putting some deals together, from his comments it seems he is not quite as content as some of you happy clappers are
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40162: Jul 22, 2019 11:20:06 am
      who is this mythical forward who can provide cover and yet still score better than 1 goal in every 2 games and be happy to spend most of his time on the bench or waiting for a Carabo cup or Fa Cup game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40163: Jul 22, 2019 12:06:35 pm
      who is this mythical forward who can provide cover and yet still score better than 1 goal in every 2 games and be happy to spend most of his time on the bench or waiting for a Carabo cup or Fa Cup game.

Origi ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40164: Jul 22, 2019 12:13:26 pm

No there is a player out there apparently that can score on the same level as Mo and Sadio but will be happy to play a supporting role .
      I think Divok and Rhian are exactly that but others think not I just want to know who is this player and how much will he cost
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #40165: Jul 22, 2019 12:15:56 pm

How can you predict they will spend time on the bench what about injuries , rest , suspension , form and competition . Who is playing against Norwich when Mane wont make it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40166: Jul 22, 2019 12:34:44 pm
      How can you predict they will spend time on the bench what about injuries , rest , suspension , form and competition . Who is playing against Norwich when Mane wont make it

checkout how many games Jürgen's preferred front three have played in the last two seasons and ask yourself if you come to Liverpool are you going to replace anyone of those players if they are available. Origi will play against Norwich and if we do buy another forward and he feels like he has gone back in the pecking order he isn't going to be too chuffed. Jürgen's team is built around our front three they are actually greater than the sum of the individual parts so to speak .
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #40167: Jul 22, 2019 12:44:36 pm
      checkout how many games Jürgen's preferred front three have played in the last two seasons and ask yourself if you come to Liverpool are you going to replace anyone of those players if they are available. Origi will play against Norwich and if we do buy another forward and he feels like he has gone back in the pecking order he isn't going to be too chuffed. Jürgen's team is built around our front three they are actually greater than the sum of the individual parts so to speak .
      Yes correct the front 3 played all that time and at times especially  around Bobby's form at stages it needed freshening up  and due to the drop off in quality  available  we persevered.  You say how much would this player cost insinuating  needing to break the bank   Not one of current strikeforce cost over 40m so it can be done
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #40168: Jul 22, 2019 12:45:19 pm

Didn’t realise they were supermen!

In the real world players get injured through contact or build up of fatigue.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #40169: Jul 22, 2019 01:54:44 pm
      The squad is NOT in a good place as regards attack as evidenced by two extremely lacklustre attacking displays in preseason or are you suggesting Sevilla and Dortmund are simply better teams than us. BTW I'm not just talking about the scorelines but in the quality of attacks we are creating versus the ones they are creating.
      I simply cannot fathom why some of you want to go into next season with next to no quality cover in attack, its baffling, all I and a few others ask for is ONE more quality forward to complement the current front three. We will need this in the season to come and if we don't get it then no way do we challenge for the league again because I can almost guarantee you that we will suffer more injuries to our front three this season than last.

I really hope Jürgen and his team are busy putting some deals together, from his comments it seems he is not quite as content as some of you happy clappers are

What comments are they? I've not read or seen anything with suggests Jürgen himself is not content with our current squad and transfer policy, but if he has I'd like to see it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40170: Jul 22, 2019 02:30:47 pm
      Yes correct the front 3 played all that time and at times especially  around Bobby's form at stages it needed freshening up  and due to the drop off in quality  available  we persevered.  You say how much would this player cost insinuating  needing to break the bank   Not one of current strikeforce cost over 40m so it can be done

SO come on who is this player for £40mil .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40171: Jul 22, 2019 02:34:34 pm
      Didn’t realise they were supermen!

In the real world players get injured through contact or build up of fatigue.

read the post and try to understand it. Jürgen not me builds his team around Bobby, Mo and Sadio they play the majority of games.
      Divok has proved he can be a great stand in and now we have Brewster rather than Danny. I am still waiting for the name of this player who will challenge for a place but not play more than 15 to 20 games .
      Its easy enough to make these pronouncements but rather more difficult to back them up isn't it.
      If a player was available I am more than sure with our scouting network and with Jurgens backing e would be here by now but he is already here in Divok , Rhian and possibly Shaq.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40172: Jul 22, 2019 02:53:07 pm

Oh for fucks sake, ROTATION!!!!!!!!!  or do think All Citeh's forwards are pissed off all the time. They have about 8 viable, ie high quality, forwards to our 3 and they all seem happy enough, no one is agitating for a move away etc.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40173: Jul 22, 2019 02:54:29 pm
      What comments are they? I've not read or seen anything with suggests Jürgen himself is not content with our current squad and transfer policy, but if he has I'd like to see it.

was referring to our performances in preseason and Klopp is not happy with the performances.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40174: Jul 22, 2019 02:57:26 pm
      read the post and try to understand it. Jürgen not me builds his team around Bobby, Mo and Sadio they play the majority of games.
      Divok has proved he can be a great stand in and now we have Brewster rather than Danny. I am still waiting for the name of this player who will challenge for a place but not play more than 15 to 20 games .
      Its easy enough to make these pronouncements but rather more difficult to back them up isn't it.
      If a player was available I am more than sure with our scouting network and with Jurgens backing e would be here by now but he is already here in Divok , Rhian and possibly Shaq.

why do you assume a 4th striker will play so few games, I find this bizarre, if the front three is rotated throughout the season then they will all get some rest and all get plenty of minutes, where exactly is the downside??
      BTW even if it costs £100m to bring in this 4th striker, we have the funds now so again what is the issue with doing it?

One final point will you be pissed off if we do buy a top quality 4th striker, will you be claiming its a waste of money?
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #40175: Jul 22, 2019 03:04:55 pm
      SO come on who is this player for £40mil .

Not sure if you aware but I am not a scout or employed by LFC I will leave that to the scouting dept but these players dont just run out or do you think the three we have were the last to be got at that price and to be honest even if its 50,60M would be worth it and well within our constraints
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40176: Jul 22, 2019 03:08:07 pm
      Not sure if you aware but I am not a scout or employed by LFC I will leave that to the scouting dept but these players dont just run out or do you think the three we have were the last to be got at that price and to be honest even if its 50,60M would be worth it and well within our constraints

Spot ON!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #40177: Jul 22, 2019 03:46:32 pm

I’m not Edwards so can’t give you names that you want.

But what is clear is that as European Champions we would have no problem attracting top players. Now is not the time to sit on our laurels.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #40178: Jul 22, 2019 03:47:50 pm
      Dark day for Shabs and Scotia with the Fekir news.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40179: Jul 22, 2019 04:23:20 pm
      No there is a player out there apparently that can score on the same level as Mo and Sadio but will be happy to play a supporting role .
      I think Divok and Rhian are exactly that but others think not I just want to know who is this player and how much will he cost

Divock or Rhian, or Coutinho or Pepe, or Fekir, it's all about personal comfort. Some are more secure with a Son on the bench, some Mbappe. I'm comfortable with Divock and Rhian. Different levels of bench confidence leads to different desires for names on the bench.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #40180: Jul 22, 2019 04:42:55 pm
      Divock or Rhian, or Coutinho or Pepe, or Fekir, it's all about personal comfort. Some are more secure with a Son on the bench, some Mbappe. I'm comfortable with Divock and Rhian. Different levels of bench confidence leads to different desires for names on the bench.

I'm not comfortable with winning the champions league and not bringing in a single player. Especially with the amount of games our front 3 are playing

Quick Reply