Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199069 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40204: Jul 22, 2019 10:41:52 pm
      We’ve already got an injury prone player in Lallana, don’t need another that would cost a lot of money and want a massive wage. Not to mention he’s 30/31. His career is essentially on the wind down now IMO, I think the lack of interest in him is testament to how much of a gamble he would be.

Like I stated he’d have to take a huge wage cut and is he that injury prone???(like Sturridge?).
      Always liked him as a player hell off a talent,and if he did move it would have to be for football only nothing to do with money.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40205: Jul 22, 2019 10:49:49 pm
      Like I stated he’d have to take a huge wage cut and is he that injury prone???(like Sturridge?).
      Always liked him as a player hell off a talent,and if he did move it would have to be for football only nothing to do with money.

He won’t take a pay cut I don’t think, the fact he said he’s happy to just collect his wages and play golf says it all about him as a player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #40206: Jul 22, 2019 10:50:35 pm

Apparently more interested in his golf game than playing football these days.

And about as far from a Klopp type signing as I can imagine.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #40207: Jul 22, 2019 10:53:15 pm
      He won’t take a pay cut I don’t think, the fact he said he’s happy to just collect his wages and play golf says it all about him as a player.

Bit harsh,if the manager is being a total knobhead to you and you’ve done nothing really wrong(apart from not being Ronaldo)not much you can do apart from play golf😜.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #40208: Jul 22, 2019 10:57:18 pm
      The quality of the player we all seem to want will command a huge fee in excess of £70mil and I keep on returning to the question who that might be and how are we going to fit him into the team

Mate, City will fit Rodhri into their team this season. He won’t be first choice but he will compete, he’ll play plenty even if he doesn’t start the biggest games. Things seem to have gone a little sour with Sane of late but he was a £50 million player who has seen plenty of game time the past two seasons even if he wasn’t always first choice. Mahrez came in last summer for £60 million, didn’t get the minutes he would have got at Leicester but played enough and I suspect he’ll play more this coming season now he is bedded in.

I’m not sure why we should be any different? The problem with LFC (got as long as I can remember) is that we’ve always relied on one, two (three tops) players and when they leave the team kinda falls apart for a couple of seasons and we have to rebuild. When players like Suarez, Torres and Alfonso left we really dropped off. We only kept hold of Stevie because of his live for the club but the fear of him leaving was a real threat. We’re in good shape at the moment but there is surely room for more world class players at the club? Despite the recent high spend klopo’s net spend is relatively healthy so I wouldn’t expect finance to be an issue.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40209: Jul 22, 2019 11:02:08 pm
      Bit harsh,if the manager is being a total knobhead to you and you’ve done nothing really wrong(apart from not being Ronaldo)not much you can do apart from play golf😜.

Got your head down and do everything you can to prove him wrong. Comments about going to play golf will have done himself no favours and straight away shows Zidane that Bale couldn’t care less as long as he gets his money.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40210: Jul 23, 2019 01:46:52 am
      So the Fekir talk is officially at an end now, although there is only one member that’s actually been mentioning him of late...

Not sure what Fekir is thinking, going from being captain of a pretty decent team who can hold their own, in the Champions League every year and given all that up for a mid table La Liga team. Seems as though he was just desperate for a move away so took whatever was on offer.
      Strange given we were so close to signing him and then had other teams like Madrid being linked. Maybe there was something more to it than just his past injury, or maybe we put that seed in everyone’s mind.

If he was as good as made out to be by some here he wouldn't be going to a mid table team. Either that or, as you say, there is more to in than just injury history.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40211: Jul 23, 2019 02:07:46 am
      £650k a week I think he is a cracking player but just past his sell by date and he doesn't fit FSG player profile of having a good sell on price in two years he would be worthless .Take him on loan for a year but even that would cost a fortune

That makes no sense. If they care so much about sell on price, why did Liverpool shatter transfer records for CB and goalie? they sure as heck didn't buy Van Dijk and Alisson to flip them at a profit, but rather to build the team around for the next 5+ years, at which time their values at age 30+ will be a heck of a lot lower.

And, if sell on value is so important, why are we letting players like Can go on a free instead of trying to get a fee for them? Sturridge left on a free as did Moreno and Lallana is on his last year as well as Migs. Why haven't we sold them and are letting them play out their contracts instead of trying to get something for them if selling price is so important?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40212: Jul 23, 2019 02:13:44 am

If he was doing this to basically any other team in world football not named Real Madrid or Barcelona, i'd be beating up on the guy for his antics, but the fact he is giving Real the middle finger is precious to watch.

With a paycut i'd actually be aboard getting Bale. The guy has won everything at Real so brings winning attitude/experience with him, can play on the wings, which is our area of need, and at age 30 you'd be able to get a couple of quality years out of him then make way for the youngsters. Certainly don't follow Real (or Wales) closely, but i believe he's also a good guy to have around.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40213: Jul 23, 2019 02:21:32 am
      No there is a player out there apparently that can score on the same level as Mo and Sadio but will be happy to play a supporting role .
      I think Divok and Rhian are exactly that but others think not I just want to know who is this player and how much will he cost

With so many competitions next year (and hopefully making it past the first game in the local cups) there would be plenty of game time to go around, and that is before injuries.

Both Origi and Brewster have been playing through the middle this preseason, so the problem still exists that we don't have appropriate cover in the wing when Salah and/or Mane need a break. At different points the past season or so, we have had to use Keita, Ox or Lallana out on the left, so to say we should get someone in that position to provide quality depth is not a reach.

I know, i know, you will go ahead and get on your high horse and keep telling us "trust Jürgen", "97 points + CL winners" over and over as you usually do, but the fact remains it is a potential area of weakness.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #40214: Jul 23, 2019 06:43:50 am
      Bale won't be a starter in our team. Salah, Mane and Firmino are miles better.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40215: Jul 23, 2019 09:06:40 am
      Mate, City will fit Rodhri into their team this season. He won’t be first choice but he will compete, he’ll play plenty even if he doesn’t start the biggest games. Things seem to have gone a little sour with Sane of late but he was a £50 million player who has seen plenty of game time the past two seasons even if he wasn’t always first choice. Mahrez came in last summer for £60 million, didn’t get the minutes he would have got at Leicester but played enough and I suspect he’ll play more this coming season now he is bedded in.

I’m not sure why we should be any different? The problem with LFC (got as long as I can remember) is that we’ve always relied on one, two (three tops) players and when they leave the team kinda falls apart for a couple of seasons and we have to rebuild. When players like Suarez, Torres and Alfonso left we really dropped off. We only kept hold of Stevie because of his live for the club but the fear of him leaving was a real threat. We’re in good shape at the moment but there is surely room for more world class players at the club? Despite the recent high spend klopo’s net spend is relatively healthy so I wouldn’t expect finance to be an issue.
      If we could replace all of our first squad with man for man better players I would go for that we have gone past the loyalty thing when Stevie left. I really don't think finance is an issue our spending has been very well controlled . What is interesting is we identified Naby early and signed him we did the same with Virgil and eventually signed him we went after Allison and signed him and it was the same with Shaq and Fab so we seem very quiet on the transfer front other than Pepe I cant find much in the press about definite targets.
      I think Jürgen has a definite idea of not only what sort of footballer he wants but also what kind of character the person is. UTD now sniffing around Pepe.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40216: Jul 23, 2019 09:27:14 am

I disagree, Bale is a fantastic player, I'd argue that he's certainly a better goal scorer than Bobby and you could make a case for him being more technically gifted than Mane and Salah as well. There is a reason why he is on £650k per week, you don't get that kind of money if you're sh*t.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Reply #40217: Jul 23, 2019 09:55:16 am
      That makes no sense. If they care so much about sell on price, why did Liverpool shatter transfer records for CB and goalie? they sure as heck didn't buy Van Dijk and Alisson to flip them at a profit, but rather to build the team around for the next 5+ years, at which time their values at age 30+ will be a heck of a lot lower.

And, if sell on value is so important, why are we letting players like Can go on a free instead of trying to get a fee for them? Sturridge left on a free as did Moreno and Lallana is on his last year as well as Migs. Why haven't we sold them and are letting them play out their contracts instead of trying to get something for them if selling price is so important?

It makes every bit of sense.

We signed VVD and Alisson at 26 before entering their prime with world class potential.

This is the essence of the FSG model.

Bale is 30 and past his prime FSG will never spend huge money on this profile of player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40218: Jul 23, 2019 10:00:11 am
      It makes every bit of sense.

We signed VVD and Alisson at 26 before entering their prime with world class potential.

This is the essence of the FSG model.

Bale is 30 and past his prime FSG will never spend huge money on this profile of player.

So you think we will sell both VVD and Alisson for profit in a few years time? Plus if they were only in it for money why not sell Mane and Salah now, they are at peak value or certainly damned close to it.

This constant mistrust and bashing of the owners is extremely tedious especially after last summer where they invested so heavily.

Regarding Bale I would love to see us sign him but given the choice of £200k taxable and play for us or £1m tax free per week playing some easy zero pressure games in China I think I know what he'll go for.

Just imagine that for a second £1m per week tax free!!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6351 
      Reply #40219: Jul 23, 2019 02:26:56 pm

Are we talking about the same person? I'm not saying he'd be a bang on starter, but to say he's "miles" better I think is disrespecting what he's done at a club where he has had to compete with other big stars for the ball.

Bale : 102 Goals + 65 Assists in 16.665 minutes. [G+A every 100 Minutes] - (2013-2019)
      Benzema : 222 Goals + 124 Assists in 31.886 minutes. [G+A every 92 Minutes] - (2009-Present)
      Ronaldo : 450 Goals + 131 Assists in 37.833 minutes. [G+A every 65 Minutes] - (2009-2018)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40220: Jul 23, 2019 02:38:54 pm
      Fekir to Betis...😳

Anyway glad this saga has been put to bed...
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #40221: Jul 23, 2019 03:30:03 pm
      Fekir to Betis...😳

Anyway glad this saga has been put to bed...

Damn shame much better player than Betis .
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40222: Jul 23, 2019 03:41:20 pm
      Between the sale of Solanke & Ings, LFC have over 40M in sales for the calendar year.
      Would be surprised not to see a big singing this window.
      Even something in the region of 80M must surely be viasable to strengthen the attack.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40223: Jul 23, 2019 03:50:40 pm
      Between the sale of Solanke & Ings, LFC have over 40M in sales for the calendar year.
      Even something in the region of 80M must surely be viasable to strengthen the attack.

I'll be quite pissed off if we don't enhance our attacking options
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,594 posts | 6926 
      Reply #40224: Jul 23, 2019 03:51:35 pm
      etween the sale of Solanke & Ings, LFC have over 40M in sales for the calendar year.

Absolute daftness that Liverpool haven't bought anyone significant to keep people on their toes in the side.  Couple of injuries in key places and we're spannered in my opinion.

Yes we do have a great first XI, but we do not have a great second XI like Man City do and that's why they won four trophies last season.

With the new stadium, increase PL money finishing second etc, winning the Champions League with their new TV deal and the success of increased commercial partnerships and kit sales - LFC must be absolutely drowning in cash at this moment.

I'm not one for wanting transfers for no reason, but we quite clearly haven't bridged a gap to City's squad this summer.  I do think this summer was the time to strike while the iron was hot.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,594 posts | 6926 
      Reply #40225: Jul 23, 2019 03:53:05 pm

Wish he'd been in our team for the European Cup final in Kiev tho.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40226: Jul 23, 2019 03:59:28 pm

Struggling to understand why this is still so difficult. By now everyone should know how we operate, and having money available means nothing if the player we want is not available (yet). We have seen with Van Dijk, Keita and Alisson that we wait for the ones we want but because the team doesn't operate publicly and is very good at keeping things quiet then people make the assumption that it's because we are not doing anything to improve the team.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2019 04:04:09 pm by CT_LFC »

Quick Reply