Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206776 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40250: Jul 24, 2019 04:17:55 pm
      Yea, makes me think we aren't really in for anyone. It wouldn't surprise me if we weren't saving money this year and tracking a bigger fish (or two) for next summer.

Mbappe anyone?

I think that is unlikely, not because of the transfer fee but because of his wages. Not 100% certain on his current wages, but i have read he's on about 360K GBP per week, which would be far and away our highest earner and with that comes the risk of throwing our wage structure out of whack.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40251: Jul 24, 2019 04:31:56 pm
      I think that is unlikely, not because of the transfer fee but because of his wages. Not 100% certain on his current wages, but i have read he's on about 360K GBP per week, which would be far and away our highest earner and with that comes the risk of throwing our wage structure out of whack.

Unless, it looks as though we will be going with Nike after next season and as Mbappe is fast becoming their prized asset, in football anyway, perhaps they will contribute something. Wouldn’t be the first time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40252: Jul 24, 2019 06:44:59 pm
      Jürgen adamant we will not be bringing in many if any. He has categorically stated Ox, Rhian,Joe and Adam are as good as new players .HE believes in the future and must have places in the squad to allow players to develop i.e Trent and Robbo.
      So let the gnashing of teeth begin because Jürgen has his plans and he is sticking with them and he likes the players he has going into this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40253: Jul 24, 2019 07:13:59 pm
      Jürgen adamant we will not be bringing in many if any. He has categorically stated Ox, Rhian,Joe and Adam are as good as new players .HE believes in the future and must have places in the squad to allow players to develop i.e Trent and Robbo.
      So let the gnashing of teeth begin because Jürgen has his plans and he is sticking with them and he likes the players he has going into this season.

But the article quoting him so extensively on transfers says he is tracking a first team player. That's why I mentioned it.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #40254: Jul 24, 2019 08:07:27 pm

Surely he must take a f**k off wage cut and get back to playing football.

Must he?

I'm hoping Bale tells RM he plans to honor his contract with the team just to witness the aftermath.
      Back RM deep into a corner to the point the team actually subsidizes part of his wages to facilitate a free transfer of Bale's choosing. How will management feel about Zidane then?
      Let the RM brand take some hits....and lets see their fans' heads explode.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #40255: Jul 24, 2019 08:38:37 pm
      Not to say they’re not working on it, but with Klopp, the team, the trainers and much of the staff in the US right now, how can you realistically sign someone?  Klopp strikes me as the type who wants to be there and look a prospective player in his eyes as he asks him the tough questions.

Much more likely to happen once everyone is back in Europe.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2019 02:00:17 pm by Derfish »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40256: Jul 24, 2019 08:45:23 pm
      Not to say they’re not working on it, but with Klopp, the team, the trainers and much of the staff in the US right now, how can you realistically sign someone?  Klopp strikes me as the type who wants to be there and look a prospective player in his eyes as he asks him the tough questions.

Much more likely to happen once everyone is back at Melwood.

By the time we get back to Melwood the season will be starting.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40257: Jul 24, 2019 09:15:19 pm
      But the article quoting him so extensively on transfers says he is tracking a first team player. That's why I mentioned it.

I have no doubt he wants cover for Robbo but his team climbed the Mountain last season and he is incredibly loyal to players and in return they are loyal to him and give everything. Pepe is the only name that keeps coming up but nothing seems finalised or even started.
      I am not interested in Citys squad they are having problems keeping Sane. Nobody is going to object to players coming in to improve the squad but they have to meet some very strong guidelines.
      He clearly see's Divok and Rhian as back up or possibly more this season with Rhian replacing Danny. All very interesting stuff and who would be surprise dif we are not working on something special.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40258: Jul 24, 2019 10:23:00 pm
      I have no doubt he wants cover for Robbo but his team climbed the Mountain last season and he is incredibly loyal to players and in return they are loyal to him and give everything. Pepe is the only name that keeps coming up but nothing seems finalised or even started.
      I am not interested in Citys squad they are having problems keeping Sane. Nobody is going to object to players coming in to improve the squad but they have to meet some very strong guidelines.
      He clearly see's Divok and Rhian as back up or possibly more this season with Rhian replacing Danny. All very interesting stuff and who would be surprise dif we are not working on something special.
      I think it will be small, but have full confidence in the team and the managers philosophy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #40259: Jul 24, 2019 11:43:04 pm
      Clyne injured
      Larouci injured
      Lallana injured
      Shaqiri injured
      Keita injured
      Mane late return
      Sturridge gone
      Moreno gone

I do hope we have something lined up because as it stands, option are fast running out.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40260: Jul 24, 2019 11:48:01 pm
      Clyne injured
      Larouci injured
      Lallana injured
      Shaqiri injured
      Keita injured
      Mane late return
      Sturridge gone
      Moreno gone

I do hope we have something lined up because as it stands, option are fast running out.

Yea I think even if Klopp wasn't intending to buy anyone his hand may be forced now.

We needed full back cover anyway as Clyne would have been sold and we knew Moreno was leaving. Hoever and Larouci aren't ready to cover yet.

We also definitely need forward cover for the wings.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #40261: Jul 25, 2019 02:38:00 am
      Clyne injured
      Larouci injured
      Lallana injured
      Shaqiri injured
      Keita injured
      Mane late return
      Sturridge gone
      Moreno gone

Don't hold your breath mate....
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #40262: Jul 25, 2019 03:29:28 am
      Yea I think even if Klopp wasn't intending to buy anyone his hand may be forced now.

We needed full back cover anyway as Clyne would have been sold and we knew Moreno was leaving. Hoever and Larouci aren't ready to cover yet.

We also definitely need forward cover for the wings.

If your selling me Ox, Shaq, and Kieta as cover because of their versatility than were in trouble. Ox goes missing the second you take him out the midfield. Shaq can do the job...... in FA and League cup 3-5 round games. And who knows what we truly have with Kieta yet? Hopefully he can stay healthy and earn his keep.

For the love of Robbie Fowler buy a winger in the next 2 weeks.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #40263: Jul 25, 2019 05:13:03 am
      Klopps shown with VVD that he's willing to go without until he gets his man so while I have no doubt we're looking it's clear we're not gonna buy second choices.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40264: Jul 25, 2019 07:04:10 am
      Please let it be true!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40265: Jul 25, 2019 07:47:49 am

He is saying 'stay away from those manc women unless you want to catch everything except ebola'
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #40266: Jul 25, 2019 08:33:04 am

Been wanting us to sign him so based on this picture I can confidently say it’s 100% not happening :laugh:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #40267: Jul 25, 2019 09:29:26 am
      By the look on Fernandes face, Jürgen is saying, god your breath smells.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40268: Jul 25, 2019 10:21:59 am

Jürgen probably said if you score another goal like that I will set Virgil on you.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #40269: Jul 25, 2019 10:28:19 am
      Jürgen probably said if you score another goal like that I will set Virgil on you.

Scores another goal like he did and I think Klopp would be setting Virgil on Migs!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40270: Jul 25, 2019 10:36:42 am

Much more likely to happen once everyone is back at Melwood.

ever heard of email, the internet and telephones???
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40271: Jul 25, 2019 10:46:54 am

"I am not interested in Citys squad" - That is the crux of the matter, your thinking is completely insular. How on earth can you not care about our nearest competitor, about the fuckers who pipped us to the league by 1 point. I am obsessed with them and every single one of our challengers and I'd hope Klopp is as well because for us to win we need to find a way to beat them and we will not do that by standing still and not improving the team/squad.

I will say right now that if we do not bring in another top forward/winger then we can forget winning the league next season and will be fighting it out for top 4. It will be the same pattern as in all recent years, we nearly win the league then next season fall backwards.

BTW I'm not saying that to be negative, its honestly how I see it.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 733 posts | 113 
      Reply #40272: Jul 25, 2019 11:24:25 am
      I have never known a summer like this where we are being linked with no top players ... the threads on this forum speak volumes: there is this “general” transfer thread that gets updated daily, there is a thread for a 15/16 year old from Fulham, and the most recent thread behind that was last updated on July 8th!

It is either that there are players the club have identified but who are just not currently available, or that the club are happy with the squad and want to consolidate financially.

I suspect it is the latter because if we were interested in some players we’d be hearing about it in the media ... we’d be using last season - second in league, champions league winners - to try and force those players to move. But it feels like we’re in the same position as Chelsea - under a transfer ban!

I hope I’m wrong but I can see this backfiring ... injuries are already adding up and we are at risk of making the same mistakes when Suarez moved to Barcelona. We had no real plans for a replacement lined up, tried in vain that get Alexis Sanchez and ended up signing Balotelli and Rickie Lambert.

Quick Reply