Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4285374 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40273: Jul 25, 2019 11:36:41 am
      we are at risk of making the same mistakes when Suarez moved to Barcelona. We had no real plans for a replacement lined up, tried in vain that get Alexis Sanchez and ended up signing Balotelli and Rickie Lambert.

Strange logic being applied here.
      To make the same mistake someone would have to leave first.

Reckon this will be the summer of new contracts to key players.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40274: Jul 25, 2019 12:08:42 pm
      Have no doubt we will struggle if we dont get at least one forward. We were lucky last season with injuries up front. Loose pn of the front three and we will pay for it. So why no back up plan is it Klopp more likely our owners not wanting to splash out
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40275: Jul 25, 2019 12:20:02 pm
      Have no doubt we will struggle if we dont get at least one forward. We were lucky last season with injuries up front. Loose pn of the front three and we will pay for it. So why no back up plan is it Klopp more likely our owners not wanting to splash out

I think it's a bit of both. Klopp spoke that we couldn't splash the sort of cash of last season every year.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40276: Jul 25, 2019 12:33:35 pm
      With the current transfer strategy I think we can more or less put a line through the FA Cup and League cup already.

With the added games in Japan and the one against Chelsea in Qatar, i think it will be a tough ask for this squad to cope with the schedule.

Add to that our front 3 will have had a much shortened pre season it's looking a little bit ropey I must admit.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #40277: Jul 25, 2019 01:25:55 pm
      I think it's a bit of both. Klopp spoke that we couldn't splash the sort of cash of last season every year.

I thought we made over £100mil last season and again this one just gone should be hugely profitable. I am not sure money is the issue just going through this and other boards there are few if any names that seem to be a "must sign" player. We knew we needed a Keeper and a CB and we bought them. Its a very interesting time because if we don't buy some cover for Robbo and maybe replace Danny then questions may well be asked but listening to Jürgen recently he does not seem the slightest bit phased at the lack of signings.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40278: Jul 25, 2019 01:32:31 pm

I think its our owners pesonaly. Profit profit. To them its a buisness and the god of that is profit....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40279: Jul 25, 2019 01:47:13 pm
      Last season's backup was the glass man Sturridge, Origi, Shaqiri kind of.

No AOC, no keita for long periods, no Gomez for much of the season, Lallana.
      Now we have Origi, Brewster, AOC fit again.

Take out Sturridge, put in Brewster, a confident and improving Origi and the rest, and we're in pretty good shape if Keita can stay injury free.

I'd like a couple more in, but it's hardly a disaster.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40280: Jul 25, 2019 01:52:04 pm

I think its our owners pesonaly. Profit profit. To them its a buisness and the god of that is profit....

nope, its Klopp being German and stubborn. I am certain the money is there if he wants it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40281: Jul 25, 2019 01:54:06 pm
      Last season's backup was the glass man Sturridge, Origi, Shaqiri kind of.

No AOC, no keita for long periods, no Gomez for much of the season, Lallana.
      Now we have Origi, Brewster, AOC fit again.

Take out Sturridge, put in Brewster, a confident and improving Origi and the rest, and we're in pretty good shape if Keita can stay injury free.

I'd like a couple more in, but it's hardly a disaster.

As it stands its not a disaster, but the point is that our front three hardly had any injuries last season, we can't assume we'll be as lucky this coming season. A lot of the players coming back will need time to get properly up to speed again plus there is no guarantee they won't have any more injury niggles.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #40282: Jul 25, 2019 01:59:43 pm
      By the time we get back to Melwood the season will be starting.

I was unnecessarily specific.  Meant to say back in Europe.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #40283: Jul 25, 2019 02:12:39 pm
      As it stands its not a disaster, but the point is that our front three hardly had any injuries last season, we can't assume we'll be as lucky this coming season. A lot of the players coming back will need time to get properly up to speed again plus there is no guarantee they won't have any more injury niggles.

But as Klopp has explained, it makes no sense to buy a guy just to cover the period of time a guy is injured or gaining fitness after a late start to his season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #40284: Jul 25, 2019 02:15:22 pm
      👀

I’m
      Sure there is a pic of Klopp embracing Mbappe too 😎

https://twitter.com/samueilfc/status/1154220706126864384?s=21
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #40285: Jul 25, 2019 02:35:24 pm
      Ploughing through this board, I can see genuine concerns that we're not strengthening, especially after becoming champions of Europe and with CL windfall coming in.

But why is our fan base concerned for the boss of the current European champions? The boss has said it. No buying for the sake of it. Have room for kids to develop. He has emphasised on long term suitability over hasty buys as well. 

He has confidence in the squad and yet we, possessing much less information about the whole squad, do not share his confidence in the rest of the squad. We however, can only view from outside Melwood, and can desire or say whatever we like of the boss.

Klopp has after all brought us to the pinnacle of European club football and has more experience at managing a football team including losing many finals.

While we can take a view of his future and air our desires for the squad, I don't think we need to worry for him that failure to bring in someone will rear its head once the season gets under way.

We can say whatever we want. Klopp has made it clear he already has the squad if we do not bring in someone this window.

Would be pretty sad if we go up in arms against the same guy who got us number six, saying he should've strengthened when less than ideal results come, after the absence of a key backup player coming in.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #40286: Jul 25, 2019 02:42:40 pm
      Klopp: I heard you are close to signing with the mancs, I think you'd be a good addition to our team. Still want to sign for those scums?

Bruno: Fuuuuck them, Olly and his wheel, give me 15 and I'll take the plane with you guys back to Liverpool!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40287: Jul 25, 2019 02:46:37 pm
      Can't really comment until the window shuts.

I expect we'll have 1 or at most 2 people coming in until then.

We'll see from there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40288: Jul 25, 2019 03:07:28 pm
      But as Klopp has explained, it makes no sense to buy a guy just to cover the period of time a guy is injured or gaining fitness after a late start to his season.

On that I disagree with Klopp although the player must be of a sufficient quality and a good fit. It doesn't have to be the ultimate player as long as it improves the team and gives cover, that's why a loan deal might be a good idea.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #40289: Jul 25, 2019 03:23:52 pm

Since July 3rd to today you have only posted 6 times, and all of those posts were about the owners. Find a new obsession.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40290: Jul 25, 2019 03:56:16 pm

That's why City can win a trophy with a rotated team and we can't, they are determined to have 2 quality players for each position. Personally for me, it's a good problem for any manager to have - trying to fit quality players into the team. I get what Klopp is saying about having players adding depth and cover to the team that have plenty of room to develop and improve, but the problem is, we have to stick to our strongest line up most weeks and we don't get the cup runs for them to get more game time and develop because as it stands, the rotated team isn't good enough to progress.
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #40291: Jul 25, 2019 03:59:58 pm
      Ox is like a new signing..

Next second, oh, Ox has actually been playing through pain due to an ongoing injury.

Right..

All is well for the new season.  :f_whistle:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40292: Jul 25, 2019 04:04:28 pm
      Ox is like a new signing..

Next second, oh, Ox has actually been playing through pain due to an ongoing injury.

Right..

All is well for the new season.  :f_whistle:

Great, so of the new signings Brewster, Ox, Lallana and did he mention Clyne? They are already picking up injuries again. Are we playing with fire?

Just read the interview by Klopp about it actually, says it's a problem he suffers with when the intensity gets too high...not good for a team that plays with a high intensity. Want to be hearing that as much as I want to be hearing Lallana's best new position could be as a 6 but can only play it when we are really dominating.

Come on Klopp, tell us something we want to hear :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2019 04:11:09 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #40293: Jul 25, 2019 04:08:07 pm
      Must strengthen, plenty of games next year, we have the funds.

Its not for us to say names despite some posters asking to "name" the player.

We are a global club with a global scouting network so surely we have seen some full back and forward cover / 1st teamers out there that can be used when needed without a large drop in quality.

We are the current EUROPEAN champions and NOW is the time to add and push on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40294: Jul 25, 2019 05:57:26 pm
      Must strengthen, plenty of games next year, we have the funds.

Its not for us to say names despite some posters asking to "name" the player.

We are a global club with a global scouting network so surely we have seen some full back and forward cover / 1st teamers out there that can be used when needed without a large drop in quality.

We are the current EUROPEAN champions and NOW is the time to add and push on.

Well, it's down to the boss.
      The money is there, Werner said as much.

All Klopp has said is that we won't be spending the same amount as last year, and given the amount spent, that's fair.

The perceived wisdom is that after winning a trophy you have to add more players, but there's a couple of problems with that;
      1) Klopp has shown many times that the perceived wisdom means F**k all. He does things his way.
      2) For too long we've seen (so many times) that the percieved wisdom isn't really true. It's more to do with British managers throwing money at a problem to solve it, and a lot of the time it goes wrong. Klopp has a different view, and I think we need to accept it. He stands or falls by his decisions.

I still think we'll see one or two come in, but no doubt because they aren't big names, people will be up in arms.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40295: Jul 25, 2019 06:00:11 pm

Yawn

Quick Reply