Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4207536 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40365: Jul 27, 2019 11:09:53 am
      As long as Divok causes the same amount of trouble as he did against Barca and Spurs he'll be fine

but he won't and you know that, not on a consistent basis, we need someone as good as our current main forwards.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40366: Jul 27, 2019 11:12:03 am
      As much as I love Origi's goals last season, he currently is not even close to the level of our regular front three, that is very clear when he plays a full 90 minutes, hopefully he now has some more confidence and will be played more but I have my doubts.

He is improving season on season though and only 24 so still young I think he will be even better this season he is more confident and consistent now.

I actually wanted us to sell Divock last Summer how happy was I to be proven wrong.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40367: Jul 27, 2019 11:13:31 am
      but he won't and you know that, not on a consistent basis, we need someone as good as our current main forwards.

I think Divock will score more goals than Bobby this season if he gets decent game time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40368: Jul 27, 2019 11:17:46 am
      Looks like Pepe is heading to the Arse.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #40369: Jul 27, 2019 11:33:47 am

Came here to post the same thing. BBC reporting so it's done.
      My personal opinion is that we should have brought in quality, since there are alot of games but we will how it pans out.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40370: Jul 27, 2019 11:34:02 am
      ;D, oh please, Barca, Real, Bayern and City have larger revenues per year than us and can afford to have 70m players on the bench. Their culture revolves around expensive signings because they can afford to have them.

;D none of them report ÂŁ125m profit
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40371: Jul 27, 2019 11:34:46 am

Got a French lad at my work who loves Pepe. Wonder if he'd have been a good addition to us
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40372: Jul 27, 2019 11:39:08 am
      Personally I'm not bothered about signings, I'm sufficiently excited to continue watching this team and Klopp knows best. But there's no need for making up so many excuses. If we signed another top forward that would make 4 for 3 positions, this is hardly incredible competition for places. I'm sure our "locker room chemistry" is strong enough to survive that ordeal... and that our front three do not have such fragile egos that they can't take a bit of competition... and a club that is already among the richest in the world and has reached 2 UCL finals with ÂŁ125m reported profit surely can spend. Enough of the transfer window, can't wait for the new season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40373: Jul 27, 2019 11:50:50 am
      Came here to post the same thing. BBC reporting so it's done.
      My personal opinion is that we should have brought in quality, since there are alot of games but we will how it pans out.

I think Klopp wants to see how Brewster performs this season as he rates him very highly. It wouldn't make sense to spend over ÂŁ70 million on a forward from a rubbish league if it halts the progression of a potential top striker for us.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40374: Jul 27, 2019 12:01:14 pm
      I think Klopp wants to see how Brewster performs this season as he rates him very highly. It wouldn't make sense to spend over ÂŁ70 million on a forward from a rubbish league if it halts the progression of a potential top striker for us.

I hust hope we dont regret not signing cover personaly i think we will pay for not improving
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40375: Jul 27, 2019 12:13:02 pm

don't tell me what I know you muppet. Your just like a broken record or a child who isn't getting his own way.
      For nearly 4 years JĂźrgen has built this squad and every season we have improved s he isn't going to put any of that legacy at risk by not buying a player.If we haven't bout a player it because we cant find the right player or negotiations are on going either way we will improve this season once again under JĂźrgen.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #40376: Jul 27, 2019 12:27:56 pm
      ;D, oh please, Barca, Real, Bayern and City have larger revenues per year than us and can afford to have 70m players on the bench. Their culture revolves around expensive signings because they can afford to have them. We, on the other hand we should be a bit wiser with what and how we spend the money and I kind of understand Klopp/Edward's approach where they don't want to spend 80m euros on nicolas pepe just as a rotation/backup to our front three, rather than find a similar player who would cost a fraction of that then at least we can use the remaining money to buy Mbappe when he hands in a transfer request :D

Didn’t realise you was the club accountant.

We have no problem spending money when it suits we have the most expensive CB and 2nd most expensive keeper if you forgot to notice.
      I have not heard one word from the club about a lack of funds. Most of the transfers last year were done from the Coutinho sale so where is all the money?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #40377: Jul 27, 2019 12:36:37 pm

I know he always looks like he's stoned!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #40378: Jul 27, 2019 12:40:42 pm

So you're expecting us to buy a world class forward that will happily sign and be used to getting splinters in his arse?

Not going to happen is it? Hence Origi, Brewster and one of Wilson or Kent being the back up forwards.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #40379: Jul 27, 2019 12:42:41 pm
      Wake me up when the transfer window closes. The hysteria is getting pretty tedious.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #40380: Jul 27, 2019 01:18:08 pm
      Wake me up when the transfer window closes. The hysteria is getting pretty tedious.

Same every season mate.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40381: Jul 27, 2019 01:22:59 pm

How do you know he won’t when the season hasn’t started. I take that as your own opinion. If that was a judgement, you’d have wrote off the man who played a huge part in getting our number six in one fell swoop.

Tell everyone what is “good”. To me good is getting the goals and getting the job done. He did that so many times last season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40382: Jul 27, 2019 01:34:12 pm
      How do you know he won’t when the season hasn’t started. I take that as your own opinion. If that was a judgement, you’d have wrote off the man who played a huge part in getting our number six in one fell swoop.

Tell everyone what is “good”. To me good is getting the goals and getting the job done. He did that so many times last season.

It's the same old shitfest.

Instead of getting behind the lads, gobshites getting their posts lined up so hey can jump in and say "I told you so" as soon as we draw or lose a game.
      (Not all those concerned fall into this category, just the odd 1 or 2)

I get the concern, and I'd like to see a couple of players brought in, but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.
      I'm 100% sure that Klopp has his plans worked out for the season ahead.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #40383: Jul 27, 2019 01:44:36 pm

Instead of getting behind the lads, gobshites getting their posts lined up so hey can jump in and say "I told you so" as soon as we draw or lose a game.

I get the concern, and I'd like to see a couple of players brought in, but if we don't, it's not the end of the world.

It’s always a good to have and a luxury to have an Mbappe or a Son on the bench. If I was greedy then yes. But we already have a European Champions squad. Besides it was the head to head with City that lost us the league. The squad is not terribly far off.

I think Divock is ok. When he plays there are more moments of joy than heart attacks. I’d only get rid of him if it was the other way round. Anyway he has signed.

Not referring to you. Those not happy can boo or walk. Complaining is useless now. Accept Divock or the individual decides his/her own next course of action.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #40384: Jul 27, 2019 01:50:01 pm

That's fine but also dont want to hear blaming the length of the season or extra competitions if we pick up injuries and we dont have the depth to cover these
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #40385: Jul 27, 2019 01:53:00 pm
      Didn’t realise you was the club accountant.

We have no problem spending money when it suits we have the most expensive CB and 2nd most expensive keeper if you forgot to notice.
      I have not heard one word from the club about a lack of funds. Most of the transfers last year were done from the Coutinho sale so where is all the money?

I'm not, but I know a thing or two about finance and how the club operates, and I also know that if you can't reach the level revenues of the likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona that we have to be wiser with our approach in spending money and making more of a RIGHT decision instead of the wrong one.

Didn't I read somewhere that Barcelona still owes us 93m on Coutinho sale? 

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40386: Jul 27, 2019 01:57:26 pm
      That's fine but also dont want to hear blaming the length of the season or extra competitions if we pick up injuries and we dont have the depth to cover these

And yet arguably, with Sturridge gone, and Brewster in we have more depth than last season because Sturridge is made of glass.
      Add Origi in, who is a year older and better, and full of confidence.

There are a few, not just here, who whinge if we don't spend a shitload of money every transfer window, and dress it up in whatever form suits their argument.

If Klopp wanted someone badly enough, we'd be getting them in, a fact which seems to be ignored.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #40387: Jul 27, 2019 01:58:15 pm

Depends what your definition of cover is?

If it's just the back up, which costly players are coming here to sit on the bench? So it's either go with those returning from loan and this is were Klopp should use Origi as an inspiration to the younger players about what they can go on to achieve when they return from loan deals.

Quick Reply