Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4213622 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #40434: Jul 28, 2019 02:56:26 pm
      How many league games did Origi start last season

And yet still came on as a sub in games and scored. Won us at least six points in the league and a semi & champs league final.

Not bad going that!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #40435: Jul 28, 2019 04:14:59 pm
      And yet still came on as a sub in games and scored. Won us at least six points in the league and a semi & champs league final.

Not bad going that!

I think we have found our new forum WUM for 19/20.
      Jürgen is no f***in Mug if he thought Divok wasn't worth keeping he would have let him go but he didn't and he improved again this season and his goals against Barca and Spurs and for me the one against the blueshite make him a legend.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #40436: Jul 28, 2019 04:25:34 pm
      I think we have found our new forum WUM for 19/20.
      Jürgen is no f***in Mug if he thought Divok wasn't worth keeping he would have let him go but he didn't and he improved again this season and his goals against Barca and Spurs and for me the one against the blueshite make him a legend.

The board is unbearable right now. Same crap from the same people over and over and new threads keep being made to give yet another place for the same people to complain about the same thing. Just brutal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #40437: Jul 28, 2019 04:33:47 pm
      The board is unbearable right now. Same crap from the same people over and over and new threads keep being made to give yet another place for the same people to complain about the same thing. Just brutal.

I have LFC TV I just wish the doom merchants would watch the inter action between the players they genuinely care for each other they are a family . Then you have all the fanzone stuff going on its better than when the Beatles first became famous and the Kop sang their songs this is the best time ever to be a Liverpool supporter trust me so I wish people would stop the self indulgent crap and get behind Jürgen and the boys
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40438: Jul 28, 2019 04:59:46 pm

It's getting on my tits.

Seems the intent is to piss on everyones chips, and just post constant negativity.
      If memory serves, some were binned for it.
      Obvious wumming, and people would be better off having him on ignore.
      I can only see his posts when people quote him, and every time I see them, it reminds me why I stuck him on ignore.

To recap the transfer situation; I don't think anyone has said we shouldn't buy, and I think we'd all feel happier with a bit more cover for the obvious areas, but equally, Klopp has shown he won't risk the group dynamic and buy for the sake of it.
      On top of that, we have a revitalised Origi and the latest wunderkind who the jury is still out on (but who looks to me to be a proper player).

As ever, I'll wait and see what the next week or so brings, but I'm not overly concerned.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40439: Jul 28, 2019 05:30:39 pm
      Because they were the problem areas were we seemed to have problems!!

Just a guess.

and yet we have no need for cover in attack, how to you figure that one out?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40440: Jul 28, 2019 05:32:40 pm
      It's getting on my tits.

Seems the intent is to piss on everyones chips, and just post constant negativity.
      If memory serves, some were binned for it.
      Obvious wumming, and people would be better off having him on ignore.
      I can only see his posts when people quote him, and every time I see them, it reminds me why I stuck him on ignore.

To recap the transfer situation; I don't think anyone has said we shouldn't buy, and I think we'd all feel happier with a bit more cover for the obvious areas, but equally, Klopp has shown he won't risk the group dynamic and buy for the sake of it.
      On top of that, we have a revitalised Origi and the latest wunderkind who the jury is still out on (but who looks to me to be a proper player).

As ever, I'll wait and see what the next week or so brings, but I'm not overly concerned.

can you define wumming, seeing as you are the rule setter on this forum?

BTW people like Walton and others have said there is no point signing another forward as they would just sit on the bench.

Oh and watching this pile of sh*t against Napoli I am getting very F***ing concerned indeed, we look awful!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #40441: Jul 28, 2019 05:44:10 pm
      can you define wumming, seeing as you are the rule setter on this forum?

BTW people like Walton and others have said there is no point signing another forward as they would just sit on the bench.

Oh and watching this pile of sh*t against Napoli I am getting very f**king concerned indeed, we look awful!

We all want to sign a world class player or two who wouldn't?

But I would like to think Klopp knows what he's doing.

I'd rather lose a couple of meaningless friendly games then be going full throttle winning games 6 nil before the season even begins and have the squad burnt out by January.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40442: Jul 28, 2019 06:17:18 pm
      We all want to sign a world class player or two who wouldn't?

But I would like to think Klopp knows what he's doing.

I'd rather lose a couple of meaningless friendly games then be going full throttle winning games 6 nil before the season even begins and have the squad burnt out by January.

No offense mate, but I wish people wouldn't quote this wum.

He knows he's on ignore but wants an answer just so he can go "Ha! Thought you had me on ignore", like the child that he is.

Back to transfers and today.
      Our pre-seaon has been pretty brutal, what with travel, heat intense matches and our front 3 missing.

Looking at the squad, it seems Klopp has stepped things up a bit from previous pre-seasons, and wants us to get into our stride in the league a lot quicker.

No issues with that, but even if we do sign a first teamer, in all likelihood we won't see them in the league until september/ october.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #40443: Jul 28, 2019 06:35:30 pm
      This friendly is maddening to watch. We won the CL cup, we have cash. SPEND IT.

Ox looks sluggish and is a terrible option as a winger anyway.

Lallana isn't even an option for the squad most days, he is certainly terrible cover for to play on the wings.

Origi serves his purpose, and that's as a sub or playing along speedy wingers to open up space for him.

Brewster will do fine for a teen, but like Origi seems to need others to create his space for him

Wilson isn't valued or ready.

Gini is good at his role at MF, but he doesn't need to cover at other positions.

Buy a freaking winger ffs
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40444: Jul 28, 2019 06:49:12 pm
      Should strengthen from a position of strength. We were in an incredible position as CL winners to attract quality players who would fight for positions in the team. A chance missed for me.

I dont care about results in pre season (though 3-0 doesn't sound great) but we need to obviously hit our straps for the first game of the season. That's arguably the Community Shield but definitely the first league match.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40445: Jul 28, 2019 07:25:30 pm
      and yet we have no need for cover in attack, how to you figure that one out?

Maybe the owners have told Klopp he can't spend any serious money this year.

Ever thought of it like that?

So go ahead tell me who you'd buy as cover for the front three?
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #40446: Jul 28, 2019 07:46:36 pm

That I would imagine would be the scouting department and the managers decision. The majority of fans and a lot of ex players are of the opinion  that we need cover for the front three and in particular Manes position
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40447: Jul 28, 2019 07:50:45 pm
      That I would imagine would be the scouting department and the managers decision. The majority of fans and a lot of ex players are of the opinion  that we need cover for the front three and in particular Manes position

I know, problem is we do have enough players to cover for them, it's whether they are considered good enough.

If we're talking about same level, they only way one is coming in, is if one of the front three leaves imo.
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #40448: Jul 28, 2019 08:05:12 pm
      I know, problem is we do have enough players to cover for them, it's whether they are considered good enough.

If we're talking about same level, they only way one is coming in, is if one of the front three leaves imo.

Not sure they are tbh. Think Brewster/Origi could through the middle but resting or replacing Mane definitely not. If we cant attract a player to fight for his place when we are European champions  and rotate with all the games we play I would be surprised
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40449: Jul 28, 2019 08:09:15 pm
      Not sure they are tbh. Think Brewster/Origi could through the middle but resting or replacing Mane definitely not. If we cant attract a player to fight for his place when we are European champions  and rotate with all the games we play I would be surprised

I just think it's a financial issue, judging by Klopp's "We need to pay bills comment" the other day.
      rossyred

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #40450: Jul 28, 2019 08:12:05 pm
      I just think it's a financial issue, judging by Klopp's "We need to pay bills comment" the other day.

Yeh could be right little worrying if it is maybe a loan or short term project might suffice but will have to wait and see
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40451: Jul 28, 2019 08:18:23 pm
      Yeh could be right little worrying if it is maybe a loan or short term project might suffice but will have to wait and see

I just think we've got to take into account the spending on the new stand, potentially new Anny Rd and Kirkby.

All going to have an effect on finance, imo.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40452: Jul 28, 2019 10:33:41 pm

I'm not a scout but I'm certain there are better forwards available than Origi and a very raw Brewster. Players who would push for a starting place. Surely Klopp can't be happy with his forward cover.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40453: Jul 28, 2019 10:36:16 pm
      I just think we've got to take into account the spending on the new stand, potentially new Anny Rd and Kirkby.

All going to have an effect on finance, imo.

Curious how it doesn't seem to be affecting Spurs after they bought a new stadium.
      I honestly think this is Klopps obsession with player development more than stingey owners.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 735 
      Reply #40454: Jul 28, 2019 11:31:37 pm
      I’m no financial expert but I would figure funds for stadium work and transfers are not from the same pot? I could be wrong.

Additionally some may argue,a new signing boosts revenue. Excitement is created, more shirts / tickets are sold. More ppl sign up for lfctv etc etc etc.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40455: Jul 29, 2019 01:23:05 am
      I'm not a scout but I'm certain there are better forwards available than Origi and a very raw Brewster. Players who would push for a starting place. Surely Klopp can't be happy with his forward cover.

That would be the forward cover that came on as sub and won the derby, won the Newcastle game, played in the Barca semi and scored two, then came on as a sub in the final and won the f**ker!

Doing exactly what's required wouldn't you say?
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #40456: Jul 29, 2019 06:25:57 am
      Curious how it doesn't seem to be affecting Spurs after they bought a new stadium.
      I honestly think this is Klopps obsession with player development more than stingey owners.

Spurs didn’t sign a player for two years, so of course it impacted them.

Quick Reply