General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179929 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41009: Oct 02, 2019 01:58:54 am
      F***ing right!! Throw him in with our forward line and Pep would sh*t himself.

Any option to help bolster the squad and get no 19 back here would be welcomed.

Mate he can still do this, which was just in his last match, mind you..... can't understand why we wouldn't want him as a massive impact Sub.  (Click on watch on youtube)

https://youtu.be/dEigoFWicqo?t=18

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41010: Oct 02, 2019 10:21:46 am
      Fair point, I would rather have the next Suarez.

And I'd rather have Sancho.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #41011: Oct 02, 2019 01:32:22 pm
      Not exactly pining, but if he was available and if he wants to come back then yes why not, he's still one of the best forwards in the world or have you forgotten all the amazing goals he used to score and how he almost singlehandedly won us the league.
      How many years ago? 

He's not the same player as he was; he's 32 and in decline.  If Barca want rid of him, it's because they can do better.

So can we!  F### him!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41012: Oct 02, 2019 06:00:41 pm

After watching that video you posted, I think I'd rather have Havertz.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41013: Oct 03, 2019 02:20:42 am
      F***ing right!! Throw him in with our forward line and Pep would sh*t himself.

Any option to help bolster the squad and get no 19 back here would be welcomed.

I'd have him all day long. No loyalty in footy nowadays but when he's playing he wants to die for the shirt.

Have him back all day long.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41014: Oct 03, 2019 10:18:22 am
      After watching that video you posted, I think I'd rather have Havertz.

Let's not argue, both would do.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41015: Oct 03, 2019 03:59:20 pm

NOW we're talking.

Don't forget the Salzburg front line, mind.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #41016: Oct 03, 2019 04:13:23 pm

Ok, I can agree to agree on this one.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41017: Oct 04, 2019 01:54:52 am
      NOW we're talking.

Don't forget the Salzburg front line, mind.

Hwang hee Chan looked tasty.  Haaland has scored 18 goals from 11 outings?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41018: Oct 04, 2019 03:50:35 am
      Hwang hee Chan looked tasty.  Haaland has scored 18 goals from 11 outings?

We already have two players who were at that club, what's a third? Salzburg can become our European Southampton.

(Technically, Southampton is our European Southampton, but you get my meaning)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41019: Oct 04, 2019 09:00:25 pm
      Nabil Fékir’s former agent Jean-Pierre Bernès finally reveals reason for his client’s failed move to Liverpool
      Speaking in an extraordinary interview with Canal Plus, agent Jean-Pierre Bernès finally revealed why his former client Nabil Fékir’s move to Liverpool in the summer of 2018 failed to come to fruition.

“Nabil was Liverpool’s priority. I worked for 4 months with the Liverpool representatives, with Jürgen Klopp, Jean-Michel Aulas, everything was ready. Nabil was already aware of his future contract, which would have seen him earn around €45m over 5 years. And on the day that the contract was supposed to be signed, at Rambouillet, we saw a lawyer and Nabil’s brother-in-law arrive who said: ‘Stop everything, discussions have to start all over again.’ It was surreal. We thought that we were in a Walt Disney film.”

“The brother-in-law of Nabil Fékir all of a sudden acted like a player’s agent. He wanted a commission, everyone knows, it is fashionable these days. [Fékir] was on a cloud, he seemed to have transformed, he didn’t even greet the Liverpool representatives. He arrived after the medical, everyone was looking at each other, the Liverpool representatives were wondering where they were. I was ashamed.”
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41020: Oct 05, 2019 12:34:31 am

We already have two players who were at that club, what's a third? Salzburg can become our European Southampton.

(Technically, Southampton is our European Southampton, but you get my meaning)

yeh we have to consider Brexit too. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41021: Oct 05, 2019 08:46:02 am
      Nabil Fékir’s former agent Jean-Pierre Bernès finally reveals reason for his client’s failed move to Liverpool
      Speaking in an extraordinary interview with Canal Plus, agent Jean-Pierre Bernès finally revealed why his former client Nabil Fékir’s move to Liverpool in the summer of 2018 failed to come to fruition.

“Nabil was Liverpool’s priority. I worked for 4 months with the Liverpool representatives, with Jürgen Klopp, Jean-Michel Aulas, everything was ready. Nabil was already aware of his future contract, which would have seen him earn around €45m over 5 years. And on the day that the contract was supposed to be signed, at Rambouillet, we saw a lawyer and Nabil’s brother-in-law arrive who said: ‘Stop everything, discussions have to start all over again.’ It was surreal. We thought that we were in a Walt Disney film.”

“The brother-in-law of Nabil Fékir all of a sudden acted like a player’s agent. He wanted a commission, everyone knows, it is fashionable these days. [Fékir] was on a cloud, he seemed to have transformed, he didn’t even greet the Liverpool representatives. He arrived after the medical, everyone was looking at each other, the Liverpool representatives were wondering where they were. I was ashamed.”

I bet that brother in law must be popular right now!! What a class A tw*t if this is true, both Nabil and his brother-in-law.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41022: Oct 05, 2019 08:47:08 am

yeh we have to consider Brexit too. ;D

In all seriousness I wonder if that will affect all these rules, will European players be considered in the same category as players form other places in the world?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41023: Oct 06, 2019 09:40:48 am

Dodged a bullet if that's the case.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41024: Oct 06, 2019 09:57:45 am
      I liked the look of Maddison, think he would make a great addition to our team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41025: Oct 06, 2019 12:00:59 pm

So it wasn’t because of the knee.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41026: Oct 06, 2019 09:24:11 pm

So what I get off that is we lost out on Nabil because his B-I-L wanted a commission?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41027: Oct 07, 2019 02:29:11 pm
      We don't need anyone nor will we be signing anyone.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41028: Oct 07, 2019 02:31:45 pm
      I liked the look of Maddison, think he would make a great addition to our team.

Yeh me too.  What offer will it take to get him?   Leicester are well run and aren't desperate to sell.   
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41029: Oct 07, 2019 02:43:43 pm
      Yeh me too.  What offer will it take to get him?   Leicester are well run and aren't desperate to sell.   

Around 4 times what we could have paid a year ago.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #41030: Oct 07, 2019 03:42:43 pm
      Around 4 times what we could have paid a year ago.

Good point and an indication that the player is of little concern to the manager. He would have no doubt been on the radar at whatever scale of priority but the outrageous fee wanted now would certainly stifle Jürgen's  interest.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41031: Oct 07, 2019 04:09:09 pm

It's believable. The only thing I wonder about is why it took almost 18 months for this to come out if it's true.

It does remind how dirty a business football transfers can be.

Doing just fine without Fekir, by the way.

Quick Reply