Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206970 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41147: Dec 14, 2019 11:48:12 pm
      Koulibaly anyone?

By the summer he will only have a year on his contract so Napoli may be willing to let him go on the cheap.

He’ll also just be turning 29 - same age as Matip and Van Dijk, 2 years younger than Lovren (who will likely be moving on).

Has Jürgen ever bought one of the best players in their respective positions in the world?  He usually likes to develop them into just that. Money wise the commentator in our match against them mentioned about a 150m clause in his contract, whatever, it is going to require serious dough no. You have a barrel potatoes that went for 80m.   But hey one thing for sure that would instantly mean best attacking trio and best defensive trio in the world. Can dream!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41148: Dec 15, 2019 12:31:04 am
      Has Jürgen ever bought one of the best players in their respective positions in the world?

Allison?  Virgil?  Fabinho?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41149: Dec 15, 2019 12:47:07 am
      I think all three were made in Liverpool.   VVD had huge potential by others but at 75m I had cold feet.  He needed to move up and play and prove himself at higher level than Southampton.    Fabinho in his early months thought hey we got one wrong finally.  He was not getting much of a look in with Brazil playing as a full back from what I know.

Allison was in my opinion the best player at the time of buying him.  But we had scored a hat full of goals against his team. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41150: Dec 15, 2019 08:24:48 am
      I think all three were made in Liverpool.   VVD had huge potential by others but at 75m I had cold feet.  He needed to move up and play and prove himself at higher level than Southampton.    Fabinho in his early months thought hey we got one wrong finally.  He was not getting much of a look in with Brazil playing as a full back from what I know.

Allison was in my opinion the best player at the time of buying him.  But we had scored a hat full of goals against his team. 

F**k, glad you aren't the Manager. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41151: Dec 15, 2019 11:42:57 am
      F**k, glad you aren't the Manager. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't have a clue especially transfers.
      I thought Naby was the player that was going to make an instant impact and race to becoming one of the best in his position around.  Need to improve to get the manager post.   Good start would be to learn how to play FIFA then I will be alright!   :D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #41152: Dec 17, 2019 03:55:47 pm
      I don't have a clue especially transfers.
      I thought Naby was the player that was going to make an instant impact and race to becoming one of the best in his position around.  Need to improve to get the manager post.   Good start would be to learn how to play FIFA then I will be alright!   :D
      The thing with Keita tho is that every time he got going and started showing some real promise...he got injured.

Touching wood here, but really, the only thing that could make Keita flop is injuries. Other than that every time he got a run of 3-4 games to get into it he instantly became a serious contender for a starting position in that lineup and contributed at both ends and manages goals and assists.

If he stays healthy I can't see how his place in that midfield wouldn't be guaranteed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41153: Dec 17, 2019 04:35:08 pm
      The thing with Keita tho is that every time he got going and started showing some real promise...he got injured.

Not his fault he got taken out by Rakitic which led to the recent injury problems and then played by his country when he wasn’t ready. That’s just a mixture of the foul and piss poor management by Guinea, who wouldn’t listen to us when we were saying he needs time to recover.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41154: Dec 17, 2019 05:22:28 pm
      Has Jürgen ever bought one of the best players in their respective positions in the world?  He usually likes to develop them into just that. Money wise the commentator in our match against them mentioned about a 150m clause in his contract, whatever, it is going to require serious dough no. You have a barrel potatoes that went for 80m.   But hey one thing for sure that would instantly mean best attacking trio and best defensive trio in the world. Can dream!

Erm Allison and Virgil?
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #41155: Dec 17, 2019 10:43:15 pm
      Another two goals for Timo Werner.  I have wanted to sign  him for a couple of years but at this rate RB Leipzig May ask for to much. 18 goals and 5 assists in 16 Matches so far.  He should easily surpass his season bests of 21g and 7a.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41156: Dec 17, 2019 10:58:39 pm

Touching wood here, but really, the only thing that could make Keita flop is injuries. Other than that every time he got a run of 3-4 games to get into it he instantly became a serious contender for a starting position in that lineup and contributed at both ends and manages goals and assists.

If he stays healthy I can't see how his place in that midfield wouldn't be guaranteed.

Agree injuries have really held him back.  He is young and potential is still there if he can have a good run in the team.  But I thought he was going to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.   At the moment I just want him to get into the first team and take things from there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41157: Dec 19, 2019 09:12:46 am
      Another two goals for Timo Werner.  I have wanted to sign  him for a couple of years but at this rate RB Leipzig May ask for to much. 18 goals and 5 assists in 16 Matches so far.  He should easily surpass his season bests of 21g and 7a.

I expect Chelsea to put in a huge bid for him in January but can't see him going there.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41158: Dec 19, 2019 02:09:33 pm
      surely the urgency now is for a left back and a centre back midfield iscovered
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #41159: Dec 19, 2019 02:30:23 pm
      surely the urgency now is for a left back and a centre back midfield iscovered

Milner is LB cover. Matip and Lovren will return soon so we don't need to panic buy.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #41160: Dec 19, 2019 05:56:04 pm
      Milner is LB cover. Matip and Lovren will return soon so we don't need to panic buy.
      Who would be a good cover just in case it goes tits up?

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #41161: Dec 19, 2019 06:03:27 pm
      Maybe that fella from PSG, Kurzawa. I see Spurs and manc are interested in him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41162: Dec 19, 2019 07:15:00 pm
      I expect Chelsea to put in a huge bid for him in January but can't see him going there.

Won’t take a huge offer mate, he’s got a release clause around £25mill.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41163: Dec 19, 2019 08:01:38 pm
      No doubt our skinflint owners won't be spending wads of cash
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41164: Dec 19, 2019 08:58:52 pm
      Don't really need to the foundations a very strong in this squad.  Centre back is the biggest concern and a left back will be good too. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41165: Dec 19, 2019 09:05:01 pm

My suggestion is Klavan back!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41166: Dec 19, 2019 10:16:22 pm
      In the years gone by we would come into this thread with a list of players that would be categorised as dead wood.   It's just made me think only Clyne really comes into that bracket.  The way Jürgen works with his squad, wow, wow, he makes use of all of them. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41167: Dec 19, 2019 10:18:26 pm

We can do better than that, either buy someone or a loan for rest of season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,928 posts | 3401 
      Reply #41168: Dec 20, 2019 08:56:13 am
      No doubt our skinflint owners won't be spending wads of cash

Skinflint ?! They allow the manager to spend any money we make as a club. Why do people continue to peddle sh*te
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41169: Dec 20, 2019 11:16:34 am
      CB needed.
      Madness that Lovren has a stat where he's never played 7 consecutive games without being injured.
      Can't rely on him and Matip as the main partner for Virgil.

Quick Reply