Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205016 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41193: Dec 23, 2019 11:37:26 pm
      I agree it doesn't look like it is going to happen in January.  But it is a situation that we are in and has happened before.  I would hate to think that could jeapordise our excellent position we are in.  I think if we get a player Lovren leaves.   There is a slight problem though he needs to get fit to have a good chance of an acceptable offer.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41194: Dec 24, 2019 07:26:22 am
      Who are the promising youngsters, not the ones who played versus Villa I hope?

That's a bit harsh on the young lads who played at Villa You have got to remember we had a number of young kids in the club world squad and they were unable to play at Villa.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41195: Dec 24, 2019 09:27:10 am
      Pulled off a real corker of a signing this week just goes to show there is a List and Jürgen will be checking it twice to see if any player is naughty or nice.
      Robbo and Trent are so important to how we play and when Joe or Milly cover it does take away from our attacking capabilities .Finding "cover" for these two is almost an impossible task and will not be cheap.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41196: Dec 24, 2019 09:40:19 am
      Do you not think Hoever is promising then ? And are you really that person who judges a young footballer based on one game. Plank

I didn't realise that Hoever is a CB, if he is then he certainly is promising and my judgement is based on more than one game, I am yet to see much potential is Sepp or the majority of the youngsters with the obvious exceptions of Elliot and Curtis Jones.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41197: Dec 24, 2019 09:44:01 am
      That's a bit unfair when Villa had a full strength first team out.

I was specifically referring to central defence and I thought they were pretty crap, even for youngsters, constantly in the wrong position, choosing the wrong option etc. Being muscled off the ball I can excuse but not a lack of basics.

Bottom line if you guys are happy having Sepp, and whoever played with him in central defence, as back up to our first team then good for you but it scares the hell out of me, that is the point I was referring to.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41198: Dec 24, 2019 09:54:23 am
      Bottom line if you guys are happy having Sepp, and whoever played with him in central defence, as back up to our first team then good for you but it scares the hell out of me, that is the point I was referring to.

They are back up to the team for a reason. If they were good enough to be anymore than that then they would be playing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41199: Dec 24, 2019 11:24:28 am
      They are back up to the team for a reason. If they were good enough to be anymore than that then they would be playing.

Oh for heaven sake, the point I was originally making was that as it stands if Virgil or Joe get injured then we are going to have to start playing one of these lads in Central defence in premiership games, so instead of that rather terrifying idea I propose buying another CB who is perhaps not quite as injury prone as Lovren or Matip.
      I'm baffled why this is so controversial and I fully expect someone else to say the exact same thing in a couple of posts time and get several upticks ;-)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,918 posts | 3397 
      Reply #41200: Dec 24, 2019 04:40:38 pm
      I didn't realise that Hoever is a CB, if he is then he certainly is promising and my judgement is based on more than one game, I am yet to see much potential is Sepp or the majority of the youngsters with the obvious exceptions of Elliot and Curtis Jones.

Did you even watch the game against Villa  :mad:

Where exactly did you see Hoever play ?

And yes of course you will only mention Elliot and Jones because you prob watched them play the odd first time minutes but you clearly haven’t seen the youngsters play much yet dismiss them so quickly
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41201: Dec 24, 2019 05:50:04 pm
      Not this utterly cuntish narrative creation attempt again.

Some people just like playing games I guess.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41202: Dec 24, 2019 06:34:01 pm
      Oh for heaven sake, the point I was originally making was that as it stands if Virgil or Joe get injured then we are going to have to start playing one of these lads in Central defence in premiership games, so instead of that rather terrifying idea I propose buying another CB who is perhaps not quite as injury prone as Lovren or Matip.
      I'm baffled why this is so controversial and I fully expect someone else to say the exact same thing in a couple of posts time and get several upticks ;-)

Just like if we lose Alisson and Adrian, we will have Kelleher playing who is far from Premier League standard. Same if we have have an injury crisis anywhere on the pitch, we’d have to turn to the youngsters who are far from ready for the Premier League. But believe it or not, they might do a bit better in a team that’s full of experience rather than a team from their usual weekly level.

No matter which way you twist it, an injury crisis anywhere on the pitch could mean turning to the youngsters, not just at CB. We had Hoever come in and play against Wolves at the age of 16 and he far from disappointed.
      You think Sepp would have made the mistakes he did if he had an experienced player next to him talking him through the game? Not a chance so give it a rest and try and write him off when he’s actually been given a proper chance because you are basing him coming in to play on 3 of our 4 CBs being injured, as well as the players who can fill in their; Fab, Hendo, Gini and probably even Milner. It’s not going to happen.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #41203: Dec 24, 2019 08:11:43 pm
      Nathan Ake all day for me, can cover at LB, too.

He’d be great, but Chelsea has a buy back option and may exercise it now that their transfer ban has been lifted.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41204: Dec 25, 2019 01:38:46 pm
      He’d be great, but Chelsea has a buy back option and may exercise it now that their transfer ban has been lifted.

No thanks on Ake.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41205: Dec 25, 2019 02:01:05 pm

And yes of course you will only mention Elliot and Jones because you prob watched them play the odd first time minutes but you clearly haven’t seen the youngsters play much yet dismiss them so quickly

Hoever played RB didn't he, to be honest the defence were so out of shape it was hard to figure out.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41206: Dec 26, 2019 04:23:13 am
      I'm intrigued about the profile of the CB that we'll be after this summer. We do not have a left-footed CB or we did not intend to buy one till now as that's Virgil's spot. He and Matip will be 29 when the next season starts. We got 2 18yr Dutch center backs who are right footed as well.

Should be an interesting summer!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41207: Dec 28, 2019 01:43:55 pm

I watch a lot of youth football on LFCTV and if we can bring them on into the EPL we have some stunning kids playing. They will improve further when they are together with the big boys at Kirkby
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #41208: Dec 30, 2019 09:12:45 pm
      I don't think we need another cb unless there's a loan option till end of season. We have 4/5 of them already. Unless Jürgen has the money to buy a guaranteed partner for vvd. We need a left sided player as back up for robbo and that's it really.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #41209: Dec 30, 2019 09:19:48 pm
      How is Yasser Larouci playing? 
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #41210: Dec 30, 2019 09:27:55 pm

I don't know, usernames on call of duty are anonymous
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41211: Dec 30, 2019 10:29:29 pm
      How is Yasser Larouci playing? 

Just come back from injury
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41212: Dec 31, 2019 03:28:08 pm
      Are we agreed that no other signings happen in January save the loan recall and the transfer in that have already been announced?

I think no permanent transfers out, but probably a couple of kids out on loan.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41213: Dec 31, 2019 03:39:32 pm
      Are we agreed that no other signings happen in January save the loan recall and the transfer in that have already been announced?

I think no permanent transfers out, but probably a couple of kids out on loan.

I'd still get one more experienced CB in on loan, just in case.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41214: Dec 31, 2019 05:09:40 pm
      Anyone know anything about Diego Carlos? He is Sevilla CB we have been linked to by Spainish media and rumor is we have a deal agreed to sign him for next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #41215: Jan 01, 2020 07:12:53 pm
      I don't know, usernames on call of duty are anonymous

Should stick to it lad cos your humour is a bit like opinions on footy!!

Quick Reply