Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200975 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41239: Jan 04, 2020 07:01:20 pm
      I guess the only plausible reason I could think him wanting to leave if he feels like wants another challenge after what looks like he is on pace to win the Premiership with us and as well won the UCL with us. I can't see it happening but it is hard to know what idea's players have in their head for their career. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41240: Jan 04, 2020 07:59:56 pm
      I guess the only plausible reason I could think him wanting to leave if he feels like wants another challenge after what looks like he is on pace to win the Premiership with us and as well won the UCL with us. I can't see it happening but it is hard to know what idea's players have in their head for their career.

More than ever, England is the place to be now. I think Jürgen's approach to the team is keeping the big transfer fees to a.select fee but keeping our top players happy wage-wise, easier to do when you are not spending 50 million for backups and having such a big squad you get players who never see any first team action.

There will always be agents who make their money primarily through transfers and thus agitate for moves every three years, but hopefully the relationships Jürgen builds with our top players, and the generous contracts, serve to keep this great team together through the peak years of their collective abilities.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #41241: Jan 06, 2020 10:55:46 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41242: Jan 06, 2020 02:12:01 pm

Why are most of the clips form the training ground? I take it he is an academy prospect
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #41243: Jan 06, 2020 02:16:30 pm
      Why are most of the clips form the training ground? I take it he is an academy prospect
      The u23s need a quick fix for Brewster who’s going to Swansea on loan. Not much of a first team prospect it seems
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41244: Jan 06, 2020 04:04:28 pm
      The u23s need a quick fix for Brewster who’s going to Swansea on loan. Not much of a first team prospect it seems

Most of our U23 matches are at the training ground as well. Player is 21. I don't think the team is worried about the U23 lineup re Brewster leaving - plenty of guys who can fill out the XI. I don't think we sign him at his age unless someone feels like he could still develop into a first team player, even if it is a longshot.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41245: Jan 06, 2020 05:27:35 pm

Yeah Brentford B
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #41246: Jan 06, 2020 09:44:23 pm
      Most of our U23 matches are at the training ground as well. Player is 21. I don't think the team is worried about the U23 lineup re Brewster leaving - plenty of guys who can fill out the XI. I don't think we sign him at his age unless someone feels like he could still develop into a first team player, even if it is a longshot.
      Is right. Watch Klopp turn him in to Lewandowski.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #41247: Jan 07, 2020 08:36:47 am
      I read that Zidane planned to sign Mane before he eventually left. I don't think he will leave next season, whether or not we win the EPL. But if we don't it's more likely that he will be interested. So many players fail at Real M but it's clearly the most prestigious team to play for and Mane, if he wants new challenges and opportunities, will get them there. This Real M team needs to be revamped and Mane is surely on of the best players around.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41248: Jan 07, 2020 10:55:56 am
      I read that Zidane planned to sign Mane before he eventually left. I don't think he will leave next season, whether or not we win the EPL. But if we don't it's more likely that he will be interested. So many players fail at Real M but it's clearly the most prestigious team to play for and Mane, if he wants new challenges and opportunities, will get them there. This Real M team needs to be revamped and Mane is surely on of the best players around.

Is Real Madrid still the most prestigious team to play for?? I'm not so sure any more, I really think the balance has shifted over to the Prem teams and perhaps even a little bit back to the Italian ones as well. Obviosuly if you are South American then that is a different question but for all others I'd imagine the Prem is the place to be and where better than Liverpool.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #41249: Jan 07, 2020 11:33:52 am

It's a rumour that has surfaced for the last few transfer windows, it's just another of those "big player at big team wanted by manager at other big team" type stories. Mane is here for a while yet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #41250: Jan 07, 2020 11:48:47 am
      Is Real Madrid still the most prestigious team to play for?? I'm not so sure any more, I really think the balance has shifted over to the Prem teams and perhaps even a little bit back to the Italian ones as well. Obviosuly if you are South American then that is a different question but for all others I'd imagine the Prem is the place to be and where better than Liverpool.

I broadly agree with your point but I think there is still a pull from Real and Baca for many players no matter where their current standing.

I think many players like the idea of playing for one of those clubs at some point in their career if the opportunity arises.

We're at a level where I don't see many players agitating to leave us, more likely players desperate to play for us, but I still think we could have the odd player who would leave us for that type of move.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41251: Jan 07, 2020 12:22:19 pm
      I broadly agree with your point but I think there is still a pull from Real and Baca for many players no matter where their current standing.

I think many players like the idea of playing for one of those clubs at some point in their career if the opportunity arises.

We're at a level where I don't see many players agitating to leave us, more likely players desperate to play for us, but I still think we could have the odd player who would leave us for that type of move.

which is fine and will no doubt happen but boy its going to cost them a lot of money FSG have really become such skilled operators in the transfer market.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41252: Jan 07, 2020 12:54:33 pm
      No way mane or any other 1st team player is leaving this season or even next. were the place to be.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41253: Jan 07, 2020 05:05:51 pm
      So, we sign Joe Hardy. And we are apparently after Todd Cantwell (replace Lallana?) and Ben White (replace Lovren?). Can see the kinda profile we are targeting - young and hungry, given a platform to succeed and gel gradually with the first 11.

Think we'll probably have 1 big summer signing - just not sure who!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41254: Jan 07, 2020 05:30:06 pm
      Todd Cantwell has been really good for Norwich this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41255: Jan 07, 2020 08:47:36 pm
      So, we sign Joe Hardy. And we are apparently after Todd Cantwell (replace Lallana?) and Ben White (replace Lovren?). Can see the kinda profile we are targeting - young and hungry, given a platform to succeed and gel gradually with the first 11.

Think we'll probably have 1 big summer signing - just not sure who!

Probably someone we haven't really heard about before and by this time next year we'll all be like "F**K! what a great signing!"
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41256: Jan 07, 2020 10:55:53 pm
      Missed a sitter on debut. That won't happen again once Jürgen gets a hold of him!  :D :D :D
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #41257: Jan 08, 2020 03:08:06 am

And English.  They’re targeting young, English players.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41258: Jan 08, 2020 03:48:16 am
      And English.  They’re targeting young, English players.

Aye!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41259: Jan 09, 2020 01:04:42 am
      I see Liam Millar has been recalled from his loan at Kilmarnock. I wonder if he will start training with the U23s or the club will look to loan him somewhere else.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #41260: Jan 09, 2020 11:07:26 am
      Atletico Mineiro have signed Allan for £3.2m (we bought him for £500,000). A shame he couldn't play for us, but good luck to him back in Brazil. We have a small sell-on clause as well.

https://twitter.com/Atletico/status/1215104783591313408?s=19
      https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/allan-rodrigues-completes-permanent-exit-as-liverpool-midfielder-returns-to-brazil/

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #41261: Jan 09, 2020 12:02:24 pm
      Atletico Mineiro have signed Allan for £3.2m (we bought him for £500,000). A shame he couldn't play for us, but good luck to him back in Brazil. We have a small sell-on clause as well.

https://twitter.com/Atletico/status/1215104783591313408?s=19
      https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/01/allan-rodrigues-completes-permanent-exit-as-liverpool-midfielder-returns-to-brazil/

Got to admit I had completely forgot about him.
      Good luck to him.

Quick Reply