Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4172441 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #41285: Jan 14, 2020 04:34:06 pm
      Agree, we don't even need him, our midfield is well stocked. Would rather keep Lallana for that position.

I feel completely the opposite on Jack. I think he'd be a fantastic addition who would take over a starting 11 spot day one. That's not a slight to our MF, that's how highly i rate him. Tough player who puts in the work, amazing with the ball at his feet, wide range of passing, and a good finisher. This kids a top player

And If you rather have Lallana over Grealish than I just cant talk to you.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41286: Jan 14, 2020 04:40:53 pm
      I feel completely the opposite on Jack. I think he'd be a fantastic addition who would take over a starting 11 spot day one. That's not a slight to our MF, that's how highly i rate him. Tough player who puts in the work, amazing with the ball at his feet, wide range of passing, and a good finisher. This kids a top player

He would fit better at a West Ham or Crystal Palace (that stature of a club). He would struggle for a place with us, doesn't fit our budget and likely doesn't fit our squad mentality.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #41287: Jan 14, 2020 04:59:35 pm
      Article in the Echo basically says Villa have tried to offer him to us and we don’t want him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #41288: Jan 14, 2020 05:26:39 pm
      This squad really doesn't need anyone right now, It's fookin brilliant! I love not giving a fook about the transfer window, it doesn't often happen! We've done a cracking piece of piece with Minamino and bar one or two of the youngsters going out on loan i'd be very surprised if there were any more dealings.

As for Grealish, he's not for us but I do think he is a good player with potential. Seems to have grown up since he was last in the top flight and i'd be very surprised if he isn't at a bigger club this time next year. His previous issues and pretty boy hair cut probably put most people off but he is talented.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41289: Jan 14, 2020 06:43:36 pm
      Article in the Echo basically says Villa have tried to offer him to us and we don’t want him.

;D Echo! Man they are becoming so trashy.. think he has a 45mil release clause if they go down or after this season or something to that effect.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #41290: Jan 14, 2020 07:55:51 pm
      This squad really doesn't need anyone right now, It's fookin brilliant! I love not giving a fook about the transfer window, it doesn't often happen! We've done a cracking piece of piece with Minamino and bar one or two of the youngsters going out on loan i'd be very surprised if there were any more dealings.

As for Grealish, he's not for us but I do think he is a good player with potential. Seems to have grown up since he was last in the top flight and i'd be very surprised if he isn't at a bigger club this time next year. His previous issues and pretty boy hair cut probably put most people off but he is talented.

I know what you mean...I've almost forgot that the transfer window is open. Not really even bothered too much about it. Kind of nice!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,102 posts | 883 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #41291: Jan 14, 2020 08:00:32 pm
      We should always look to improve
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,453 posts | 3274 
      Reply #41292: Jan 14, 2020 08:27:38 pm

Who would you improve on ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41293: Jan 14, 2020 09:55:40 pm
      don't get the Grealish love in he is a much better player in his head than he is in the real world nowhere near the standard we now look to buy.
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #41294: Jan 14, 2020 10:51:45 pm

I think we have already mate, Minamino is a good piece of business and Brewster will come back a better player in the summer. We’ve got a number of players coming back from injury and some bright players in the youth ranks who will get some more opportunities in the coming months. We’re in good shape.
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #41295: Jan 14, 2020 10:53:23 pm
      don't get the Grealish love in he is a much better player in his head than he is in the real world nowhere near the standard we now look to buy.

I like him as a player but we don’t need another midfielder. Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Ox, Gino, Keita, Lallana and young Jones. We’ve got a bit everything there!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #41296: Jan 14, 2020 11:21:41 pm
      I like him as a player but we don’t need another midfielder. Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Ox, Gino, Keita, Lallana and young Jones. We’ve got a bit everything there!

Lallana will be leaving in the Summer though and as much as I like Adam as a player Grealish is definitely an upgrade.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41297: Jan 14, 2020 11:38:10 pm

I love all of those players, I love this team and the attitude this team displays week in and week out. However, Grealish is better than guys on that list. Do we need him? Nope. Were the best team in the world! Would he make us better though? For sure.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41298: Jan 15, 2020 10:38:44 am

That's why Minamino was signed.
      In the summer more tweaks will be made.
      The right signing is more important than getting numbers in the door.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #41299: Jan 15, 2020 10:42:00 am
      https://twitter.com/TheKopiteOFF/status/1217391073842077696

Would be a wonderful signing but seems very un-Liverpool-ish though, with the constant media links and the supposed fee. The profile (left-footed attacking midfielder) that Jürgen has always wanted! Fekir never came and Shaq/Lallana have been in & out.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41300: Jan 15, 2020 10:50:38 am
      https://twitter.com/TheKopiteOFF/status/1217391073842077696

Would be a wonderful signing but seems very un-Liverpool-ish though, with the constant media links and the supposed fee. The profile (left-footed attacking midfielder) that Jürgen has always wanted! Fekir never came and Shaq/Lallana have been in & out.

If Sancho isn't happening, and that looks more likely to Chelsea's summer plans, then Havertz is exactly who LFC should be going after.
      That said, after the Minamino signing, and the likes of Fabinho, I don't think anyone really knows who LFC are after anymore.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #41301: Jan 15, 2020 12:21:01 pm

Grealish is better than Lallana don't get me wrong, but won't start ahead of Fab, Hendo, Gini, Keita and possibly Ox pending his return to best and possibly Minamino now. So why spend top dollar, and given Grealish is young and English it will be the top rate, on an impact bench player when Lallana does that job just very well. I'd rather invest the money in young stars that could push Bobby in future, or  the full backs...those are areas where we really need cover and future replacement. Not an overcrowded midfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #41302: Jan 15, 2020 01:32:43 pm
      If Sancho isn't happening, and that looks more likely to Chelsea's summer plans, then Havertz is exactly who LFC should be going after.
      That said, after the Minamino signing, and the likes of Fabinho, I don't think anyone really knows who LFC are after anymore.

And I certainly don't see us breaking the bank for this kid when we have a dream starting 11. Could be wrong, you always have to prepare for the future, but it doesn't seem like Klopp is willing to spend huge unless it's an immediate need for an immediate world class level starter (Allison, Virgil).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41303: Jan 15, 2020 02:14:47 pm
      Grealish is an overrated pretty boy. Reminds me of jamie redknapp.a lot of style but little substance.can do a whole lot better

he's OK mate but nothing special I just don't get the hype and saying he would walk into our team just proves Andy Gray is barking mad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,084 posts | 1046 
      Reply #41304: Jan 15, 2020 02:48:09 pm
      Grealish is better than Lallana don't get me wrong, but won't start ahead of Fab, Hendo, Gini, Keita and possibly Ox pending his return to best and possibly Minamino now. So why spend top dollar, and given Grealish is young and English it will be the top rate, on an impact bench player when Lallana does that job just very well. I'd rather invest the money in young stars that could push Bobby in future, or  the full backs...those are areas where we really need cover and future replacement. Not an overcrowded midfield.

I completely understand your way of thinking and I agree with most of it. The only place we differ is how we rate Grealish. You see him as on par with Kieta, Ox, and Gini and I rate him higher than those guys. I love Hendo to death, but pretty soon we will need to find his replacement. I'd rather do it a year to early than a year to late
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41305: Jan 15, 2020 02:52:03 pm
      But even the one for the first team, by that I mean someone who comes in and is already contending for a starting berth beginning with preseason training camp, is likely someone who is relatively unknown, but ends up like a Fabinho, being a key part of our team.

This compared to the type of incoming who is part of the agent/tabloid/oldboymanager troika ginning up the public to justify a big fee (complete with manager bung and agent cut) for someone who has become "known" through media promotion but ends up being a rather mediocre player. That kind of transfer is a thing of the past for us, so long as we have this management team in place.

its one thing that used to piss so many fans off was buying players who were not that good and who would have no sell on value. The whole idea of getting landed with a 28 year old on a 4 or 5 year contract seemed complete nonsense but then we had Parry and Moores in charge.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41306: Jan 15, 2020 03:04:55 pm
      I completely understand your way of thinking and I agree with most of it. The only place we differ is how we rate Grealish. You see him as on par with Kieta, Ox, and Gini and I rate him higher than those guys. I love Hendo to death, but pretty soon we will need to find his replacement. I'd rather do it a year to early than a year to late

You think Jack Grealish is better than Gini Wijnaldum?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41307: Jan 15, 2020 04:13:21 pm
      You think Jack Grealish is better than Gini Wijnaldum?

not fit to lick Gini's boots. Some forget just how good Gini is at International level too something Grealish hasn't even experienced yet at senior level.
      Very few players from any team and certainly any top team would claim a spot in our first X1 that's how good we have become a player from a struggling team in the bottom of the Prem is way off the mark IMHO

Quick Reply